PDA

View Full Version : Add Texas Southern to the list....

nwFL Griz
March 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM
...of teams playing an FBS team this coming season. Seems they will play at Arkansas St on Sep 6. Good for them! xthumbsupx

2008 ASU schedule (http://www.asuindians.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=35558&SPID=2798&DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=1410788)

813Jag
March 12th, 2008, 06:58 PM
...of teams playing an FBS team this coming season. Seems they will play at Arkansas St on Sep 6. Good for them! xthumbsupx

2008 ASU schedule (http://www.asuindians.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=35558&SPID=2798&DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=1410788)
Their streak of FBS games continues.

TexasTerror
March 12th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I thought they had a rather full schedule...is this their 11th or 12th game?

I know they pulled out of a game that Texas State - San Marcos announced with them, though I do not believe a contract was signed the folks at TxSo, so San Marcos was wrong in announcing it...

dgreco
March 12th, 2008, 09:05 PM
nice pickup for texas southern

UNHWildCats
March 12th, 2008, 09:10 PM
its their 12th game.

They start the season with 4 road games

at Prarie View, at Arkansas State, at Shaw and at Texas College

3rd Coast Tiger
March 12th, 2008, 10:55 PM
its their 12th game.

They start the season with 4 road games

at Prarie View, at Arkansas State, at Shaw and at Texas College

We play Prairie View 5 miles from our campus so it's more of a home game for us than Prairie View.

We may be dropping the Texas College game to pick up Memphis.

Wait a minute. Did TT say Texas State was wrong for announcing the game before a contract was signed? xeekx

One of these days, he'll listen to me. xpeacex

TexasTerror
March 12th, 2008, 11:00 PM
We may be dropping the Texas College game to pick up Memphis.

Why all the last second shuffling? The FBS squads get late openings that they are trying to fill? That always stinks (SHSU lost Missouri St last year due to this)...but it is a business, right?

Wait a minute. Did TT say Texas State was wrong for announcing the game before a contract was signed? xeekx

I'm still not sure what happened there. Would love to know why they did that -- does not look good on their part...

3rd Coast Tiger
March 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Why all the last second shuffling?

Dude, our schedule never came out before May in year's past so when it came out in February, we all were in shock.

I'm still not sure what happened there. Would love to know why they did that -- does not look good on their part...

Because they got a verbal committment from our former Athletic Director that it was a done deal but we all know what happened next (well some of us do). xlolx

nwFL Griz
March 13th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Pick up Memphis? Is Nicholls St backing out?

UCABEARS75
March 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Note that ASU went to Tx. Southern instead of us (UCA) or UAPB.

Either one of us would have brought in many more fans and would have provided ASU with an easy SRO crowd, would have played for the same money, etc.

We could have bought out our NAIA game with Quincy with the proceeds.

Oh well, good for Tx. Southern.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Pick up Memphis? Is Nicholls St backing out?

Forgot about that -- Nicholls may have backed out or realistically, got a much better deal. 3rd Coast will have to let us know what the latest is with Memphis...

Note that ASU went to Tx. Southern instead of us (UCA) or UAPB.

Either one of us would have brought in many more fans and would have provided ASU with an easy SRO crowd, would have played for the same money, etc.

We could have bought out our NAIA game with Quincy with the proceeds.

Oh well, good for Tx. Southern.

UCABears, we see that all the time now, don't we? LSU never plays the FCS squads from Louisiana. That'd be huge for them! I think stAte is worried that a certain signal caller will throw quite a few TDs against them and possibly embarrass them...

FBS teams looking for an easy counter and check out records for last year. Why else did Hawaii have Chuck South and No Colorado last year? Texas Southern is ripe for the picking...

nwFL Griz
March 13th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Memphis schedule (http://gotigersgo.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/mem-m-footbl-sched.html)

For anyone who was wondering. Sep 20 is the key date.