PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Heart 2008 Schedule

hebmskebm
March 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
http://sacredheartpioneers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/saht-m-footbl-sched.html

08/30/08 vs. Assumption Fairfield, CT TBA
09/06/08 vs. Bentley Fairfield, CT TBA
09/20/08 at Iona New Rochelle, NY TBA
09/27/08 at Marist Poughkeepsie, NY TBA
10/04/08 vs. Robert Morris Fairfield, CT TBA
10/11/08 at Saint Francis (PA) Loretto, PA TBA
10/18/08 vs. Albany Fairfield, CT TBA
10/25/08 at Duquesne Pittsburgh, PA TBA
11/01/08 vs. Wagner Fairfield, CT TBA
11/08/08 at Monmouth West Long Branch, NJ TBA
11/15/08 vs. Central Connecticut Fairfield, CT TBA

danefan
March 11th, 2008, 02:05 PM
At least they are playing DII schools and not DIII.....

Even though they are bad DII schools - Assumption was 4-7 out of the NE-10 last year.

Bentley had a good season at 7-3, also out of the NE-10.

hebmskebm
March 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Sacred Heart seems like they just want to play the same schedule every year of their conference slate and MAAC teams.

danefan
March 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Sacred Heart seems like they just want to play the same schedule every year of their conference slate and MAAC teams.

Yup. They have shown absolutely no ambition at all. At least St. Franics is trying.

Franks Tanks
March 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM

What is the MAAC?? But point taken and I agree as well.

dgreco
March 11th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Bentley will be good this year, but assumption is bad. They should of picked up Bryant instead and Bryant could of dropped on of its other DII games.

danefan
March 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Bentley will be good this year, but assumption is bad. They should of picked up Bryant instead and Bryant could of dropped on of its other DII games.

Yeah I was surprised by that as well. I mean why play Assumption and Bentley out of the NE-10 but not Bryant who will be a conference mate?

Weird. Goes to show that Sacred Heart just doesn't really care.

I posted this on the albany forum but in order to more effectively mainstream the NEC into the national FCS life, I think the NEC needs to do one of two things and do it within the next few years:

1. Allow 45 scholarships; and
2. Implement a scheduling mandate which either forbids non-DI games (not counting transitional teams) or requires teams that want to play non DI games to offset those games with OOC full scholarship or full equivalency (Ivy, Patriot) teams. Playing sub DI games does nothing for the NEC and in fact it hurts teams like Albany because it dramatically effects our strength of schedule.

Seawolf97
March 11th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah I was surprised by that as well. I mean why play Assumption and Bentley out of the NE-10 but not Bryant who will be a conference mate?

I posted this on the albany forum but in order to more effectively mainstream the NEC into the national FCS life, I think the NEC needs to do one of two things and do it within the next few years:

2. Implement a scheduling mandate which either forbids non-DI games (not counting transitional teams) or requires teams that want to play non DI games to offset those games with OOC full scholarship or full equivalency (Ivy, Patriot) teams. Playing sub DI games does nothing for the NEC and in fact it hurts teams like Albany because it dramatically effects our strength of schedule.

Couldnt agree more. Looks like they are just going through the motions to maintain a program .

dgreco
March 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
Couldnt agree more. Looks like they are just going through the motions to maintain a program .
drop and take on Iona if they add schollies :D

aceinthehole
March 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I'm NOT defending this schedule - its stinks, but let's not read too much into it.

SHU has played Holy Cross (2005) and Lafayette (2006) in recent seasons. They haven't played a D-III team since 1998 (Hartwick).

I don't know why they are going backwards in scheduling, but I also have to imagine they can't get any I-AA home games.

Again, I'm not making excuses because 2 D-II teams sucks. CCSU did it one one year, but we balanced that with $$$ games at a I-A and a CAA team.

elcid96
March 12th, 2008, 02:23 PM
sacred who?

ngineer
March 12th, 2008, 09:28 PM

Isn't that a bad assumption?:p ;) :D

BobbyMo
March 12th, 2008, 10:31 PM

I agree 100%. The whole conference will benefit from everyone upping their standards. I think we will what you suggest in the next couple seasons.

Ruler
March 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
If the NEC gets an AQ it should be mandated that the conference go to 50. If you are going to 45 then just make it 50.

30 has improved the NEC dramatically but unless they move it to 45 or 50 I really believe UA will move. To where I don't know. The CAA at some point I would assume.

BTW does anyone have any insight as to the scholarship increase? I keep hearing 45 from people "in the know" but have seen very little to support this.