PDA

View Full Version : FCS players being drafted next month.

bleedblue
March 8th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Here is a list of FCS players from footballexpert.com and their projected draft position. I for one want to see just how wrong this list will be. It seems to me after the first ten or so picks it would be darn near impossible to predict what direction a NFL team will go. Any thoughts?
Round 1
21) Washington – CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Tennessee State)
Round 2
35) Kansas City – QB Joe Flacco (Delaware)
Round 3
91) Green Bay – OT/OG Heath Benedict (Newberry)
Round 4
109) NY Jets (via New Orleans) – DE/DT Kendall Langford (Hampton)
120) Tennessee – WR Jerome Simpson (Coastal Carolina)
Round 5
128) St. Louis – OT Chad Rinehart (Northern Iowa)
139) Jacksonville (via Buffalo) – QB Josh Johnson (San Diego)
146) Washington – OG Kerry Brown (Appalachian State)
Round 6
160) Oakland – WR Dexter Jackson (Appalachian State)
178) Kansas City (via Tampa Bay) – FB Jerome Felton (Furman)
Round 7
213) Tennessee – OT Demetrius Bell (Northwestern State)

I'm sure the USD folks will not be happy with this list. Just kidding.xpeacex

CCU97
March 8th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I like Felton going to KC....he could team up with Tyler Thigpen to form a nice QB/FB combo in the backfield for them....they've played against each other and I am sure Tyler would show Felton the ropes of the pros and help in anyway he could.

OLDLCOACH111
March 10th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Here is a list of FCS players from footballexpert.com and their projected draft position. I for one want to see just how wrong this list will be. It seems to me after the first ten or so picks it would be darn near impossible to predict what direction a NFL team will go. Any thoughts?
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7

This list does not hold any weight in my opinion. I went to the website, and it does not even exist. Some experts!!xeyebrowx

USDFAN_55
March 10th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4
Round 5
Round 6
Round 7

There's a thousand of these "experts" guessing where these players will be drafted. I'm going to go with history, and say this list is completely wrong. I reallt don't see Flacco going to the Chiefs. I think the bears are going to grab him in the 2nd. His strength can handle the weather up there, and he'll have at least a year to practice under center. It makes sence to me that Johnson would be drafted by Tampa Bay in the 3rd (the 2nd if they feel he may be snagged by another team). I wouldn't be shocked if Cromartie was snagged even earlier by a team like the Patriots who are in dire need of a corner since they lost Asante. They'll let anyone post anything on the web these days.xsmiley_wix

Thumper250
March 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Not having Brian Johnston as a draft pick is, indeed, just stupid. He's at worst a fifth rounder.

bleedblue
March 11th, 2008, 10:37 PM
This list does not hold any weight in my opinion. I went to the website, and it does not even exist. Some experts!!xeyebrowx

It sounds like you are saying I made up this list or I am just flat out lying. I will give you some help finding the list.

This list is real. As a matter of fact it was on their home page under Mock Drafts (Cox's 2008 NFL Mock Draft - 7 Rounds.) Here is the link

http://thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft.html

bleedblue
March 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
There's a thousand of these "experts" guessing where these players will be drafted. I'm going to go with history, and say this list is completely wrong. I reallt don't see Flacco going to the Chiefs. I think the bears are going to grab him in the 2nd. His strength can handle the weather up there, and he'll have at least a year to practice under center. It makes sence to me that Johnson would be drafted by Tampa Bay in the 3rd (the 2nd if they feel he may be snagged by another team). I wouldn't be shocked if Cromartie was snagged even earlier by a team like the Patriots who are in dire need of a corner since they lost Asante. They'll let anyone post anything on the web these days.xsmiley_wix

Not to take this thread to far, this time, but what history are you refering to?

SuperJon
March 11th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Just pointing this out, but the Cleveland Browns sent their president, Phil Savage, to Liberty's pro day. They didn't send a scout, but rather the guy who makes all of their personnel decisions. I think it'd be a good bet one of our guys (likely Vince Redd) is going there.

USDFAN_55
March 12th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Not to take this thread to far, this time, but what history are you refering to?

The history of the vast majority of these Mock Drafts being more wrong than right.

bleedblue
March 12th, 2008, 08:03 AM
The history of the vast majority of these Mock Drafts being more wrong than right.

Just an opinion or do you have a source or sources that I can refer to? Not looking to argue the point just wanted to see if there were places I could go to view the accuracy or inaccuracy of these different experts mock drafts. Would be cool if there were one site that had these so called experts mock drafts that we could compare to what actually happened. I should probably get a hobby, huh?

USDFAN_55
March 12th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Just an opinion or do you have a source or sources that I can refer to? Not looking to argue the point just wanted to see if there were places I could go to view the accuracy or inaccuracy of these different experts mock drafts. Would be cool if there were one site that had these so called experts mock drafts that we could compare to what actually happened. I should probably get a hobby, huh?

No sites that I know of that track mock draft accuracies. That would be some nice information though. Here are some links to 2007 mock drafts that prove the inaccuracies:

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2007/mock_draft.htm (6 right)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2848586 (3 right)
http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2007/mockdraft.shtml (8 right by the king)
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/archive/2007/mock.html (3 right)

I know this is a small sample of what is out on the web, but I think it is very indicative of how accurate these guys are. Possibly the first 3 picks are the easiest of a draft, but after that it really is just a guessing game. Another point that supports my opinion that scouts don't share their true opinions of a player with anyone except his team. What these experts report is nothing more than an opinion by guys that don't know much about playing the game of football.