PDA

View Full Version : Fmr Drake All-American/MSSU HC Dies

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2005, 05:28 PM
What a tragic event happening right in the heart of the athletic department as the head football coach had an apparent heart attack in his office at Missouri Southern State, a Div II university.

According to his bio, John Ware earned a bachelor's degree in psychology in 1981 from Drake University, where he was an All-America offensive lineman. Also an academic All-America performer on the gridiron, he earned a master's degree in 1987, also in psychology, from Truman.

They were the first people to offer me a position after I graduated college and though I did not take the position, the individual at the university were very kind and I felt I would've enjoyed working with them if I took it. My condolences to those individuals, the team and the university community in Joplin.
--------------
MSSU mourns passing of head football coach
John Ware died Tuesday after apparent heart attack

JOPLIN, Mo. — John Ware, head football coach at Missouri Southern State University, died today (Sept. 27) at the age of 46.

Ware, who was in his second year as head coach at Missouri Southern, collapsed in his office at around 10 a.m. this morning of an apparent heart attack. Attempts to revive the coach by medical personnel and those first on the scene — the coaching staff and MSSU training staff — failed. He was rushed by ambulance to Freeman Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.

An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday in Springfield, Mo., and funeral arrangements, which will be made available as soon as they are known, are pending.

http://www.mssu.edu/athletics/football/releases/05FB0927.htm