PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Dexter Jackson...

SuperEagle
February 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
representing the FCS!!!!!

WR Dexter Jackson, Appalachian St
This small-college standout ran an impressive 4.27 – hand-held, not electronic. He gets to top speed quickly, and has the hands to make big plays.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=778062

AppGrad06
February 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
holy crap! man in the interviews he said he was hoping for maybe a 4:28, but he even topped that

Eaglesrus
February 24th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Excellent! Go SoCon and FCS!!

PaladinFan
February 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM
So far the fastest man and the strongest running back represent the SoCon.

seantaylor
February 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
representing the FCS!!!!!

WR Dexter Jackson, Appalachian St
This small-college standout ran an impressive 4.27 – hand-held, not electronic. He gets to top speed quickly, and has the hands to make big plays.

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=778062

Hand held isn't official. His official time was 4.37. Still impressive.

JohnStOnge
February 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hand held isn't official. His official time was 4.37. Still impressive.

Yes. If you go by NFL.com he's tied for 5th fastest time at 4.37; with the fastest time of 4.24 being by East Carolina running back Chris Johnson. But there's no question that D. Jackson impressed.

JohnStOnge
February 24th, 2008, 06:33 PM
BTW, does anybody know where on NFL.com someone can find the time of any player? So far, I've been able to get times of players if they were "top performers." But I can't just look up a player and get the 40 time if they're not on the "top performers" list.

FUwolfpacker
February 24th, 2008, 07:04 PM
BTW, does anybody know where on NFL.com someone can find the time of any player? So far, I've been able to get times of players if they were "top performers." But I can't just look up a player and get the 40 time if they're not on the "top performers" list.

I've been wondering the same thing JSO. Last year, scout.come had a draft site that listed all the results. Can't seem to find that anywhere this year.

JohnStOnge
February 24th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I tell ya', the NFL.com site stinks as far as I'm concerned. I've tried to go there a number of times for various stats over the years and either it's not very user friendly or it doesn't have a lot of information that people would obviously be interested in. For being the top sport in the world the NFL sure runs a cr*ppy web site.

HighRyder08
February 24th, 2008, 07:58 PM
so i clicked on that link, scrolled down to dexter jacksons bio and begin to ask myself if that picture is of him.... im almost positive that picture they have posted beside his name is not him

AppStsGr8
February 24th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Try www.footballsfuture.com They've got some pretty good stats.

uofmman1122
February 24th, 2008, 08:23 PM
so i clicked on that link, scrolled down to dexter jacksons bio and begin to ask myself if that picture is of him.... im almost positive that picture they have posted beside his name is not himlol

Lex Hilliard's picture on his profile for the nfl site is definitely not the most flattering of pictures. http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/lex-hilliard?id=256

Kinda looks like this: xeekx

BDKJMU
February 25th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I just watched on the NFL channel the 2008 Combine from Indianapolis on the QBs, RBs, and WRs. Fastest official 40 for WR was 4.35. Jackson was in a 3 way tie for 2nd fastest at 4.37.
-I think his vertical was only 32", but can't be positive on that- he's not listed among the top 11 for receivers which ranges from 38.5 to 34.5
-In the 225 Bench for reps he's not listed in the top 10 for receivers.
-In the Broad Jump he's not listed in the top 11 for receivers.
-In the 3 cone drill he's got the 6th fastest time for receivers.
-In the 60 yard shuttle he's got the 2nd fast time.
-In the 20 yard shuttle he's not listed in the top 10 for receivers (interesting given his placing in the 40 and 60 yard shuttle).
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

According to the commentators, Jackson struggled in the Gauntlet, (they showed a # of receivers going through the Gauntlet but not Jackson, who one of the commentators referred to as the "SI cover boy" and mentioned the ASU win over Michigan) dropping a number of balls, so that will hurt him. One of the commentators mentioned that its great to have all that speed, but you have to be able to catch the ball. But it sounds like he'll get drafted.

AppAlum2003
February 25th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I just watched on the NFL channel the 2008 Combine from Indianapolis on the QBs, RBs, and WRs. Fastest official 40 for WR was 4.35. Jackson was in a 3 way tie for 2nd fastest at 4.37.
-I think his vertical was only 32", but can't be positive on that- he's not listed among the top 11 for receivers which ranges from 38.5 to 34.5
-In the 225 Bench for reps he's not listed in the top 10 for receivers.
-In the Broad Jump he's not listed in the top 11 for receivers.
-In the 3 cone drill he's got the 6th fastest time for receivers.
-In the 60 yard shuttle he's got the 2nd fast time.
-In the 20 yard shuttle he's not listed in the top 10 for receivers (interesting given his placing in the 40 and 60 yard shuttle).
http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

According to the commentators, Jackson struggled in the Gauntlet, (they showed a # of receivers going through the Gauntlet but not Jackson, who one of the commentators referred to as the "SI cover boy" and mentioned the ASU win over Michigan) dropping a number of balls, so that will hurt him. One of the commentators mentioned that its great to have all that speed, but you have to be able to catch the ball. But it sounds like he'll get drafted.

Glass is kind of half empty there, huh? I have a great idea... let's highlight what FCS players are doing well at the Combine instead of listing the "Top 11" lists that they're not on.

BDKJMU
February 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Glass is kind of half empty there, huh? I have a great idea... let's highlight what FCS players are doing well at the Combine instead of listing the "Top 11" lists that they're not on.

Its not my fault that they're only listing the top 10 or 11 times/results for each position. I wish they listed them for every single guy who tested at each position, be it 20, 30, 40 guys, so you you see exactly where every player stood on all the tests. The NFL.com website Combine coverage/results leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Appguy
February 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
so i clicked on that link, scrolled down to dexter jacksons bio and begin to ask myself if that picture is of him.... im almost positive that picture they have posted beside his name is not him

yea, they originally had a pic of Brian Quick our freshman receiver in an all black helmet then changed it later that day to what looks like a pic of dex at one of the combine interviews

KiddBrewer
February 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
yea, they originally had a pic of Brian Quick our freshman receiver in an all black helmet then changed it later that day to what looks like a pic of dex at one of the combine interviews

actually, its a picture taken at the post-michigan interviews, cause lynch is in the background....but whats the differencexcoffeex