PDA

View Full Version : SI.com: Flacco Fever at the NFL Scouting Combine

93henfan
February 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/02/22/combine.2.22/index.html?eref=mostpop

By Don Banks

INDIANAPOLIS -- Joe Flacco Fever is raging here at the NFL Scouting Combine, and I just might have caught it...

danefan
February 22nd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Cool article. I especially like this quote:

Quarterbacks generally skip the bench press portion of the combine workout, because what would it really prove? One reporter asked Flacco why he wouldn't be doing the bench press on Sunday, and he had just the right answer ready.

"I'm a quarterback, man,'' Flacco said. "What do you want me to do, one (rep)?''

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 22nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Why did UPitt let him go?

93henfan
February 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
Why did UPitt let him go?

I think that's a question Dave Wannstedt asks himself frequently. Now he'll be known not only as the dick that wouldn't release Joe from his scholly, thus burning a year of his eligibilty, but also as the dimbulb that let a first day draft QB slip out of his mediocre program.

It's been a long slide for Dave since his golden boy years in Dallas. I guess the defense full of Hall of Famers had a little more to do with the success down there than the Einstein up in the booth, huh?

seantaylor
February 23rd, 2008, 04:39 AM
I really, really want my Redskins to draft him to rid ourselves with the scrub that is Jason Campbell.