PDA

View Full Version : Mathis, Time Coming to an End

TexasTerror
February 19th, 2008, 07:05 PM
What a waste of great talent...Texans are going to refuse to tender an offer to Jerome Mathis, a former All-Pro kick returner who came out of Hampton...

What's working against him...

1) Charged with assaulting his pregnant girlfriend at their home in Brazoria County.
2) Motorcycle accident
3) Fight with a teammate on the team bus
4) Citations regarding pit bulls that got out of his yard and roamed the neighborhood

Throw in the fact that the man just can not stay healthy and the Texans got some serious production from Andre Davis last year, there's no reason to bring him back.

I was elated when we got him and after the mess he's caused in football and non-football related activities, I'm even more elated that he's gone.

Is he worth the risk to pick up by another NFL team?

Peems
February 19th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Yes. He will find a home somewhere.

TexasTerror
February 19th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Yes. He will find a home somewhere.

Well, I'm sure that'll include sitting on the bench...he really did not prove to be much of a WR -- more of a kick returner and I know most teams are looking for atleast a serviceable WR or something from their KR position. Teams shouldn't expect much...

MaximumBobcat
February 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Waste of talent...

I hope AD can stay healthy next year. Do I smell the franchises first playoff trip? You never know...

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I hope AD can stay healthy next year. Do I smell the franchises first playoff trip? You never know...

I hope so -- Texans need to have as strong a draft as last year. Get continued production from Mario Williams. Hope Okoye has a similar jump from year #1 to year #2 as Mario.

Have Andre Johnson stay healthy. Get Andre Davis under contract. Find some consistency in the running game and hope the secondary can be average at best...

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2008, 08:49 AM
John McClain column on Jerome Mathis from today's Chronicle...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5554433.html