PDA

View Full Version : LSU to play Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

ericsaid
June 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Talent-wise, they'll be hard to replace by the younger players. Plus they had a tough year's experience under their belts.
Tharrington was all SoCon.

Williams was all-american, and bennett from the spring practice reports has the potential to be all american, they also seemed to like big 6'5 DT gordy whitte in spring practice so IMO there shouldnt be much of a drop off.

Appinator
June 29th, 2008, 05:13 PM
In an article posted on appfan.com from sports illustrated, seems like there will be another Tiger missing from this game:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/kevin_armstrong/06/27/trindon.holliday/index.html?section=si_latest

Trindon Holliday will likely be going to China for the olympics and will not be ready for the first game of the season.

thmst30
June 29th, 2008, 06:13 PM
In an article posted on appfan.com from sports illustrated, seems like there will be another Tiger missing from this game:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/kevin_armstrong/06/27/trindon.holliday/index.html?section=si_latest

Trindon Holliday will likely be going to China for the olympics and will not be ready for the first game of the season.
Hes a good player. It will certainly not help them, but won't be a difference maker.

Holliday, who only had football scholarship offers from LSU, Southern and Southern Mississippi and received a rejection letter from Dukexlolx They REJECTED him, please just kill of Duke football already.

JohnStOnge
June 29th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hes a good player. It will certainly not help them, but won't be a difference maker.

Agreed. LSU is loaded at running back and the "take" is that it's going to have its best offensive line ever. My expectation is that the deal is going to be power football. And they've got a number of backs that can take it the distance.

3rd Coast Tiger
June 29th, 2008, 06:55 PM

No he won't. He didn't make it to the finals of the 100 meter dash at the Olympic trials in Eugene. He'll be suited up for the Bengals come August.

APPALACHIANstate
June 29th, 2008, 07:40 PM
APPALACHIAN IS PLAYING LSU? OH MY GEEZE!

813Jag
June 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM

xlolx They REJECTED him, please just kill of Duke football already.
He had some grade issues coming out of high school, you know Duke won't touch many players like that. Of course there was no way SU could get him, because our coaches don't know that we are Division I. (Right TT? xconfusedx)

udchuck
June 30th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Those who are not fortunate enough to make the trip to Baton Rouge, what are your plans for gameday? I am planning on taking it easy that morning, which probably means mow grass and other yard work so my wife will allow the rest of the day to go as planned, head to the dove field at noon, shoot my limit(12) by 2:00, go home and dress the doves for backyard "tailgate", grill dove breasts and other grill fare and then enjoy what I hope to be a great football game. Hope to invite several friends who don't yet realize that they love Appalachian football.

I think I'll take a trip up the Mountain in my back yard,go back home and watch LSU kick ASU's butt.Then grill a extra large T bone steak.xpeacex

jonmac
June 30th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I think I'll take a trip up the Mountain in my back yard,go back home and watch LSU kick ASU's butt.Then grill a extra large T bone steak.xpeacex

Hey Chuck, don't you want to come on down to North Carolina and go dove hunting with me before the ASU-LSU game? I've been taking shooting lessons from Dick Cheney. It could be really fun for ya.xsmiley_wix xpeacex

SoCon48
June 30th, 2008, 09:08 PM

Wasn't that your plan last year for the first ASU game of the season? How did that work out for you? xeyebrowx

udchuck
June 30th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hey Chuck, don't you want to come on down to North Carolina and go dove hunting with me before the ASU-LSU game? I've been taking shooting lessons from Dick Cheney. It could be really fun for ya.xsmiley_wix xpeacex

Sounds like fun.xlolx I'm pretty good with a hand gun.

udchuck
June 30th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Wasn't that your plan last year for the first ASU game of the season? How did that work out for you? xeyebrowx

No,I had no plan last year.To be honest,before last year I didn't know you mountain boys had a Football team.I thought you guys only go Dove hunting with the Politicians.xlolx xrolleyesx

SoCon48
June 30th, 2008, 10:02 PM
No,I had no plan last year.To be honest,before last year I didn't know you mountain boys had a Football team.I thought you guys only go Dove hunting with the Politicians.xlolx xrolleyesx

So I guess you didn't follow FCS (I-AA) football then or else missed the play-offs. xcoffeex

As to dove hunting with politicians..we know better. We only use that to lure flat landers into "accidents." Anyway we hunt bear and ground hogs in the mountains...and snipe a revenuer every now and then.

udchuck
June 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
So I guess you didn't follow FCS (I-AA) football then or else missed the play-offs. xcoffeex

As to dove hunting with politicians..we know better. We only use that to lure flat landers into "accidents." Anyway we hunt bear and ground hogs in the mountains...and snipe a revenuer every now and then.

CoooooooooooooLxcoolx Save me some moonshine.I'll be down.:D I'm going dove hunting with jonmac.

AppState
June 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Hope you have a great evening gnawing on a bone.

AppStFan76
July 1st, 2008, 07:23 AM

Do you think we should invite udchuck Snipe hunting?xlolx

It's a hunting trip you'll never forget, chuck, I promise!!xsmiley_wix

udchuck
July 1st, 2008, 09:29 AM
Hope you have a great evening gnawing on a bone.

Yea,Man.xthumbsupx xbeerchugx xazzx

McNeese75
July 1st, 2008, 10:12 AM
Do you think we should invite udchuck Snipe hunting?xlolx

It's a hunting trip you'll never forget, chuck, I promise!!xsmiley_wix

xlolx Something tells me the Snipe hunt you have in mind does not include

http://www.brimfieldfcc.org/images/snipe.jpg

citdog
July 1st, 2008, 10:27 AM
LSU IS PLAYING APPY STATE? I HADN'T HEARD.

xrolleyesx

AppStFan76
July 1st, 2008, 10:58 AM
xlolx Something tells me the Snipe hunt you have in mind does not include

http://www.brimfieldfcc.org/images/snipe.jpg

What ever made you think that?xwhistlex

AppStFan76
July 3rd, 2008, 12:36 PM
57 days!!!

How many of you App fans will be at Fan Fest, scheduled Aug. 16th?

CharlestonAppFan
July 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
LSU IS PLAYING APP STATE? I HADN'T HEARD.

xrolleyesx

Fixed it for you too again xthumbsupx :D

McNeese75
July 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
What ever made you think that?xwhistlex

Hummmmm, maybe it's the flashlight and burlap sack in your hand :D

AppStFan76
July 4th, 2008, 06:53 AM

Sooo.... I see you too have been Snipe hunting. Was your first time a trip to remember?xlolx

phillyAPP
July 4th, 2008, 07:51 AM
57 days!!!

I am there, tailgate ready !!!!!!!!!!!

Only 43 days until FANFEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNeese75
July 4th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Sooo.... I see you too have been Snipe hunting. Was your first time a trip to remember?xlolx

xnodx Those bast$#ds xmadx xlolx

AppStFan76
July 4th, 2008, 11:45 AM
xnodx Those bast$#ds xmadx xlolx

Now if we could just get Chuck to agree to go!xnodx xlolx

I'm sure afterwards he would be more inclined to pull for App in the game vs. LSU... (gotta tie this in to the thread topic some how).xlolx

asu70
July 4th, 2008, 12:42 PM
57 days!!!

I will be there along with about 15 others from our tailgating group and the wife will be doing football 101 on wed. evening.

SideLine Shooter
July 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
57 days!!!

Have a H.S. Football Program to shoot that morning but should be there by 5:00. Can't wait.

udchuck
July 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Now if we could just get Chuck to agree to go!xnodx xlolx

I'm sure afterwards he would be more inclined to pull for App in the game vs. LSU... (gotta tie this in to the thread topic some how).xlolx

If it's on Aug.16 I can't make it,I'll be at the Taj Mahal in AC on the 16th. xthumbsupx

udchuck
July 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I will be there along with about 15 others from our tailgating group and the wife will be doing football 101 on wed. evening.

Am I correct in assuming your Wife will be trying to convince you and the other 15,there is no way ASU will beat LSU????xlolx :p

james_lawfirm
July 5th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Am I correct in assuming your Wife will be trying to convince you and the other 15,there is no way ASU will beat LSU????xlolx :p

Doubtful. I would imagine all ASU fans believe we have a chance.

FWIW, the "football 101" reference is to a women's-only soiree, catered by Outback, complete with various adult beverages, and includes a "good talking to" by the ASU coaching staff. It is held in the field house at KBS. At the end of the evening, the entire group gets to run onto the field, through the tunnel, to the ASU band playing the fight song, HiHi Yikas. The first year, she learned all about the hand signals from the sidelines, the various speeds that the spread option is run, and other great stuff.

My wife has gone to all of the football 101 events. The first one was in Aug. 2005, after our disastrous 2004 season, in which we were 6 - 5, losing all away games, including a game in which we scored 54 points - AND LOST!!! During Coach Elliott's time at the podium, my wife asked, "Are you going to be able to play any defense on the road this year?" Coach Elliott just about went into orbit & asked my wife to stand up (which she did), and replied "Did you go to any away games last year?" To which my wife replied that she went to them all. Coach Elliott did not know quite what to say to that. But, in hindsight, the D did pretty well that year (2005).

From the description that my wife has about all of the football 101 events, my only regret is that men are not allowed. She recommends it highly to any female even remotely interested in football. In the last few years, they now split the group into newbies & experienced.

phillyAPP
July 5th, 2008, 08:36 AM

FWIW, the "football 101" reference is to a women's-only soiree, catered by Outback, complete with various adult beverages, and includes a "good talking to" by the ASU coaching staff. It is held in the field house at KBS. At the end of the evening, the entire group gets to run onto the field, through the tunnel, to the ASU band playing the fight song, HiHi Yikas. The first year, she learned all about the hand signals from the sidelines, the various speeds that the spread option is run, and other great stuff.

My wife has gone to all of the football 101 events. The first one was in Aug. 2005, after our disastrous 2004 season, in which we were 6 - 5, losing all away games, including a game in which we scored 54 points - AND LOST!!! During Coach Elliott's time at the podium, my wife asked, "Are you going to be able to play any defense on the road this year?" Coach Elliott just about went into orbit & asked my wife to stand up (which she did), and replied "Did you go to any away games last year?" To which my wife replied that she went to them all. Coach Elliott did not know quite what to say to that. But, in hindsight, the D did pretty well that year (2005).

From the description that my wife has about all of the football 101 events, my only regret is that men are not allowed. She recommends it highly to any female even remotely interested in football. In the last few years, they now split the group into newbies & experienced.

When is that held? Day and Time? Is it on GoASU?

And I do believe we have a chance ! Thats why APP plays the game :-)

udchuck
July 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Sounds Great,It's good to have a wife that enjoys football.----I was trying to be a smart a$$,and you neutralized me very nicely.Great job,and good luck this comming year.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SoCon48
July 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM

Warning. When the boys in the mountains take people, especially strangers, on snipe hunts They don't just get lost for a few hours or until daybreak, they are intended to be permanently lost.xeyebrowx

AshevilleApp2
July 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
The real "Official ASU/LSU thread."

asu70
July 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
The real "Official ASU/LSU thread."

I second that!

AppStFan76
July 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Funny how this - the "unofficiall" App vs. LSU thread - has 1240 more post that Ron's "official" App/LSU thread.xlolx

I will no longer post in Ron's thread!

Rob Iola
July 7th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Funny how this - the "unofficiall" App vs. LSU thread - has 1240 more post that Ron's "official" App/LSU thread.xlolx

I will no longer post in Ron's thread!
Who's Ron?

Rob +
Ron -

mountaineertider
July 7th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Girlfriend's mom called the ticket office, and they said that there were four tickets in their name. That means that Baton Rouge will have a second coming of mountaineertider, just 12 years later. HECK YEAH!

phillyAPP
July 7th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Who's Ron?

Rob +
Ron -

Rob,
I am confused, why are you here?

This is the un-official APP -LSU thread !

Rob Iola
July 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Rob,
I am confused, why are you here?

This is the un-official APP -LSU thread !
Just sharing the luv, and helping you guys hit your goal of, what, 2000 posts before the game?

Nothing the matter with visiting the unofficial thread - always good to keep open lines of communication and to make sure we're not covering the same ground.

Be sure to visit the OFFICIAL App State - LSU Game Thread tomorrow when we discuss, as part of our pre-game analysis, whether Armanti Edwards is better than God himself...

ASU
July 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
AFTER Appalachian takes care of LSU August 30th.......what then.....does the BCS put Appalachian in a Bowl Game AFTER they take care of # 4 ?
Will it then take Appalachian State 20 years to get another game with a BCS opponent?
Will the FCS petition for App State to be kicked out?
Will there be a Hollywood movie?

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Hope so

AppStFan76
July 8th, 2008, 07:36 AM
AFTER Appalachian takes care of LSU August 30th.......what then.....does the BCS put Appalachian in a Bowl Game AFTER they take care of # 4 ?
Will it then take Appalachian State 20 years to get another game with a BCS opponent?

I predict...

Yes
yes
Yes
Yes!!!

xthumbsupx :D

SoCon48
July 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Just sharing the luv, and helping you guys hit your goal of, what, 2000 posts before the game?

Nothing the matter with visiting the unofficial thread - always good to keep open lines of communication and to make sure we're not covering the same ground.

Be sure to visit the OFFICIAL App State - LSU Game Thread tomorrow when we discuss, as part of our pre-game analysis, whether Armanti Edwards is better than God himself...

You mean as a QB? OK, Looking forward to that discussion.;)

AppStFan76
July 8th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Will App score on their first posession/series like in Michigan?

udchuck
July 8th, 2008, 08:38 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx Don't worry,APP St. is safe.They will not beat LSU on Aug.30th or any other day.
It wont take 20 years,the BCS Teams will line up to kick ASU's butt.
As far as Hollywood is concerned those goofballs will make a movie about anything,lets face it there is enough dumb heads around that will spend money watching two cockroaches fight.xcoffeex xrolleyesx

mountaineertider
July 8th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Gah I love the ignore user feature of this board.

I don't even wanna know what he said :)

DLS
July 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM

haha

Appinator
July 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=3467569&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3467569

ESPN has posted a free Blue Ribbon Football Preview of LSU on its CFB front page. Worth checking out....

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Wow, the defense seems a lot like how Michigans defense was except LSU is returning one more starter with 5 coming back, and UM had only 4.

LSU also has new defensive coordinators. They probably should have scheduled Tulane first.

There is no way App scores less than 30 points.

AppStFan76
July 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=3467569&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3467569

ESPN has posted a free Blue Ribbon Football Preview of LSU on its CFB front page. Worth checking out....

Thanks, nice article....but will the "new" team come together and mesh with the loss of the leaders?

813Jag
July 8th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, the defense seems a lot like how Michigans defense was except LSU is returning one more starter with 5 coming back, and UM had only 4.

LSU also has no defensive coordinators. They probably should have scheduled Tulane first.

R.I.F. xnonono2x LSU's Defensive Cooridinators: Doug Mallory and Bradley Dale Peveto.

Appinator
July 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks, nice article....but will the "new" team come together and mesh with the loss of the leaders?

Good question. Teams usually take their first few games of the season to figure these things out, but I would guess that it is going to be one of their new running backs. It really does seem like they re-loaded there well.

There are two things to take away from a QB battle that is undecided before a season starts, one being that both are so mediocre that the coaches can't decide who will "manage" the offense, or they all are so gifted that they wish they had two QBs on the field (see South Carolina for the first example, Florida in 06 for the other). With the lack of Pedigree from Hatch, and the complete lack of experience from Lee, I think it's the first case more than the other. If they start out the season undecided, and go into our game with a "rotation", look for little to no passing game vs. App.

The article does point out what a lot of people have mentioned previously, which is that LSU will have a distinct advantage across both lines, no matter who they play.

AppStFan76
July 8th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I agree, Appinator, with all but one aspect.

I dont think that LSU will limit their passing game that much against App. I think they will come into this game with respect but the plan to give the qb's a chance to "practice" their passing game against an "inferior" team... They will take this oportunity to get reps in for their qb's as much as possible and more so if they take a "comfortable" lead.

We will also see BOTH quarter backs from LSU in this game...IMO

McNeese75
July 8th, 2008, 12:54 PM

LSU also has new defensive coordinators. They probably should have scheduled Tulane first.

Funny, but I doubt you will see either of those coordinators take one snap on the field.

No way APP scores 30 xrotatehx

Appinator
July 8th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I agree, Appinator, with all but one aspect.

I dont think that LSU will limit their passing game that much against App. I think they will come into this game with respect but the plan to give the qb's a chance to "practice" their passing game against an "inferior" team... They will take this oportunity to get reps in for their qb's as much as possible and more so if they take a "comfortable" lead.

We will also see BOTH quarter backs from LSU in this game...IMO

Reading my post over again, I guess I didn't really say what I meant. I don't think that they will limit their play book from what they would normally call for an opening game against "inferior" teams; I just don't think that either QB will get into a good rhythm out on the field. LSU's passing game will be their weakness on offense.

AppStFan76
July 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Reading my post over again, I guess I didn't really say what I meant. I don't think that they will limit their play book from what they would normally call for an opening game against "inferior" teams; I just don't think that either QB will get into a good rhythm out on the field. LSU's passing game will be their weakness on offense.

Gotcha, I thought you were saying they would not pass much, and wolud go with a run "only" offence.

Of course we will see on August 30th!xthumbsupx

Less than 8 weeks... I dont know if I can wait that long!!

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Funny, but I doubt you will see either of those coordinators take one snap on the field.

No way APP scores 30 xrotatehx

The players will have to adjust a bit to their play calling, and for their first game there will be some break downs.

App scores 30 but LSU scores 40. xnonono2x

Skjellyfetti
July 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
The players will have to adjust a bit to their play calling, and for their first game there will be some break downs.

Tennessee ran a similar "no huddle" offense the past couple of years. As far as coming to the line, seeing the defense and then audibling as necessary. They've seen it before... I doubt that gives them much problem.

JohnStOnge
July 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Ok. Looks like we have an "over under" going here. I'll take the side of saying App is not going to score 30 or more points.

Look, App scored 34 points against Michigan. 21 were in one glorious quarter. In its other three games against BCS league teams during it's championships run it's scored 8, 0, and 10 points. The mountaineers barely exceeded 30 points ( they got 31) in 15 quarters against BCS league schools during 2005-2007 outside of the second quarter against Michigan. And the LSU 2008 defense is probably going to be better than any BCS league defense they faced 2005-2007. The only question about that involves the 2005 LSU defense that shut App State out. And even if you assume Richardson would've scored if he'd caught the pass and they'd hit the field goal, you're talking about 10 points.

Any bet can be lost. You never really know until after the fact. But I think App not reaching 30 against LSU is a pretty good bet.

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 06:47 PM
28. There is too much talent, on App's offense not to score at the least 17. In the 20's would be great. Which would go with my original preditiction of 35-24. Hard to say how the defense will respond with the newer coordinators though.

Skjellyfetti
July 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
And even if you assume Richardson would've scored if he'd caught the pass and they'd hit the field goal, you're talking about 10 points.

It wasn't Richardson. It was Brian Quick.

JohnStOnge
July 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
It wasn't Richardson. It was Brian Quick.

Ok. I watched the replay a couple of times on the short pass over the middle to the running back who dropped the ball and I thought it was Richardson. Whoever he was he was wide open but it's hard to say for sure whether he would've scored or not.

Either way, even if he would've scored, they wouldn't have scored many points.

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Ok. I watched the replay a couple of times on the short pass over the middle to the running back who dropped the ball and I thought it was Richardson. Whoever he was he was wide open but it's hard to say for sure whether he would've scored or not.

Are you talking about the michigan game or the 05' LSU game.

It was Richardson in 05' and Brian Quick last year against Michigan he was redshirted after that game.

Skjellyfetti
July 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM

Well, it was also a 6'5 wide receiver. And he was in the end-zone when he dropped it. If he caught it then it was a TD. xlolx But, anyway, I don't really care about the lost points. We didn't need them. xthumbsupx And I'm pretty satisfied with putting 34 on a top 15 FBS team. Just seems like a lot of App-doubters haven't watched the Michigan game.

edit to add: page 130!! xhypedx xhypedx

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I believe he's talking about the 05' LSU game.

AppStFan76
July 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Ok. Looks like we have an "over under" going here. I'll take the side of saying App is not going to score 30 or more points.

Look, App scored 34 points against Michigan. 21 were in one glorious quarter. In its other three games against BCS league teams during it's championships run it's scored 8, 0, and 10 points. The mountaineers barely exceeded 30 points ( they got 31) in 15 quarters against BCS league schools during 2005-2007 outside of the second quarter against Michigan. And the LSU 2008 defense is probably going to be better than any BCS league defense they faced 2005-2007. The only question about that involves the 2005 LSU defense that shut App State out. And even if you assume Richardson would've scored if he'd caught the pass and they'd hit the field goal, you're talking about 10 points.

Any bet can be lost. You never really know until after the fact. But I think App not reaching 30 against LSU is a pretty good bet.

Here is the flaw in your thinking...

The App 08' team is not the same team that played any of those other BCS games. Its hard to compair one years squad to a previous years squad.

Les Miles said in the article linked earlier... this team in 08' hasnt won anything yet, so the 07' teams accomplishments dont have any bearing to what this years team will do....

All that said it will be tough to hang 30 or more points on LSU, but I think its possible.

JohnStOnge
July 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Are you talking about the michigan game or the 05' LSU game.

It was Richardson in 05' and Brian Quick last year against Michigan he was redshirted after that game.

I was talking about the 05 LSU game. I was about to come back and post after having looked Quick up.

Richardson dropped a pass when he was wide open a little inside of midfield against LSU. The LSU radio announcer said that it would've been a touchdown if he'd caught it but when I saw the game replayed on TV I couldn't see enough of the field to make my own judgement. It wasn't like Quick against Michigan where it was dropped just before he crossed the goal line. Richardson against LSU in 05 would've had to make it another 40+ yards if I remember correctly.

The bottom line, though, is that when Appalachian State played LSU in 2005 it finished with 0 points and 256 total yards. I thought it was a remarkable effort, especially in view of the fact that LSU only gave up an average of 267 yards and 14 points per game in 2005, but there was never any danger of Applachian State putting up spectacular offensive numbers.

I understand that this is 2008 and they are different teams. But LSU is probably going to have a better defense in 2008 than any of the BCS league teams App State played during its 2005 - 2007 run except for, maybe, LSU in 2005.

So I'd feel pretty good about betting Appalachian State isn't going to get 30. In fact, though I'd be a little more uncertain about it, I'd bet they don't reach 20 and it wouldn't shock me at all to see them shut out.

But, no, I wouldn't bet on that. Like I said, I'd start feeling a little "close" about betting on the over/under on what App will score when it starts to get around 20 or below.

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I was talking about the 05 LSU game. I was about to come back and post after having looked Quick up.

Richardson dropped a pass when he was wide open a little inside of midfield against LSU. The LSU radio announcer said that it would've been a touchdown if he'd caught it but when I saw the game replayed on TV I couldn't see enough of the field to make my own judgement. It wasn't like Quick against Michigan where it was dropped just before he crossed the goal line. Richardson against LSU in 05 would've had to make it another 40+ yards if I remember correctly.

The bottom line, though, is that when Appalachian State played LSU in 2005 it finished with 0 points and 256 total yards. I thought it was a remarkable effort, especially in view of the fact that LSU only gave up an average of 267 yards and 14 points per game in 2005, but there was never any danger of Applachian State putting up spectacular offensive numbers.

I understand that this is 2008 and they are different teams. But LSU is probably going to have a better defense in 2008 than any of the BCS league teams App State played during its 2005 - 2007 run except for, maybe, LSU in 2005.

So I'd feel pretty good about betting Appalachian State isn't going to get 30. In fact, though I'd be a little more uncertain about it, I'd bet they don't reach 20 and it wouldn't shock me at all to see them shut out.

This Appalachian offense is better than the ones that faced those BCS defenses also except maybe last years, that is yet to be seen but there is plenty of upside and potential to be just as good if not better.

Fanfest will be a good indicator of that, AKA the intrasquad scrimmage at the end of fall camp.

McNeese75
July 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM
This Appalachian offense is better than the ones that faced those BCS defenses also except maybe last years, that is yet to be seen but there is plenty of upside and potential to be just as good if not better.

Fanfest will be a good indicator of that, AKA the intrasquad scrimmage at the end of fall camp.

xrolleyesx
Out of curiosity, what do you think the "upside and potential" is for the 2008 LSU team?

An intrasquad scrimmage is probably not going to be a good indication of how good a team will match up with another. It will of course show the coaching staff how players are coming along in their own schemes.

ericsaid
July 8th, 2008, 10:52 PM
xrolleyesx
Out of curiosity, what do you think the "upside and potential" is for the 2008 LSU team?

An intrasquad scrimmage is probably not going to be a good indication of how good a team will match up with another. It will of course show the coaching staff how players are coming along in their own schemes.

The defense for App should be one of the best in FCS this season, stats won't show that because of the prolific offenses in the SoCon. But if the players who are stepping up play well in that game then it will be an indicator.

I know nothing of any upsides about LSU's football team, except for the fact that they are LSU.xoopsx

GGASU
July 9th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I took my first bet on the game last night.

14 points for 500 I get double if App wins.

I know that the spread is going to be around 21, but I had a few and the guy was talking sh$#$.

Lionsrking
July 9th, 2008, 01:41 AM
I look for LSU to win methodically, somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-7. It'll probably be a tight first half as they play it close to the vest but they'll open it up in the 2nd. My guess is LSU scores at least one defensive or special teams TD, and rush for over 300 yards on the ground. App won't embarrass themselves by any means but Cinderella won't be wearing any glass slippers this year.

AshevilleApp2
July 9th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I look for LSU to win methodically, somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-7. It'll probably be a tight first half as they play it close to the vest but they'll open it up in the 2nd. My guess is LSU scores at least one defensive or special teams TD, and rush for over 300 yards on the ground. App won't embarrass themselves by any means but Cinderella won't be wearing any glass slippers this year.

Probably true. And...

AshevilleApp2
July 9th, 2008, 09:54 AM

I mean 1301. :o
(Kant Kount)

udchuck
July 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM

xlolx Yes you do.---If you're referring to my post,I know you read it. but thats OK, you know I'm right but you don't want to believe it could be true.xbawlingx I understand your concern.beating LSU will a monster task.BTW-- Don't BS us on using the ignore feature,you read every post.xnodx

udchuck
July 9th, 2008, 10:04 AM
1303 and counting.xthumbsupx

SoCon48
July 9th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I took my first bet on the game last night.

14 points for 500 I get double if App wins.

I know that the spread is going to be around 21, but I had a few and the guy was talking sh$#$.

$500? Dayum! What a fan!

CharlestonAppFan
July 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM

But, no, I wouldn't bet on that. Like I said, I'd start feeling a little "close" about betting on the over/under on what App will score when it starts to get around 20 or below.

Here's my take, not saying we will get to 30, even 20, or 17 (I do not believe for one second there will be another shutout) against mighty LSU but I like they way these numbers tell the story the past 3 years in the spread offense:

2005- Outscored teams 455-279 - average score 30-19

2006- Outscored teams 528-223 - average score 35-15

2007- Outscored teams 641-400 - average score 49-30

Edit: please check my math...I could be incorrect but I think I'm good

AshevilleApp2
July 9th, 2008, 12:19 PM
1303 and counting.xthumbsupx

Thanks Chuck. xthumbsupx Keep 'em coming!

SoCon48
July 9th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Here's my take, not saying we will get to 30, even 20, or 17 (I do not believe for one second there will be another shutout) against mighty LSU but I like they way these numbers tell the story the past 3 years in the spread offense:

2005- Outscored teams 455-279 - average score 30-19

2006- Outscored teams 528-223 - average score 35-15

2007- Outscored teams 641-400 - average score 49-30

Edit: please check my math...I could be incorrect but I think I'm good

I like the trend of the 30-35-49.

AppStFan76
July 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM

If we continue that trend, then we should average around 60 in 08'?xeekx

ericsaid
July 9th, 2008, 01:57 PM

Good thing as far as i can see no one wears glass slippers on Apps football team.

xnonox

Appinator
July 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM
If we continue that trend, then we should average around 60 in 08'?xeekx

Actually, it would be around 88. Watch out Tigers, we might drop a C note on you......

udchuck
July 9th, 2008, 03:15 PM

The trouble is you're playing LSU not St.Mary's school for Girls.xlolx xthumbsupx

OldFootballGuy
July 9th, 2008, 03:23 PM
The trouble is you're playing LSU not St.Mary's school for Girls.xlolx xthumbsupx

But I'm sure they tried to schedule Dayton.xpeacex

McNeese75
July 9th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Actually, it would be around 88. Watch out Tigers, we might drop a C note on you......

xlolx Looks like GGASU is gonna drop about 5 of em :D

SoCon48
July 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM

<snicker>

Dayton probably backed out.xeyebrowx

ericsaid
July 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM

Or Western Carolinaxthumbsupx .

79-35.

udchuck
July 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM

Actually, from what I learned Dayton tried to schedule a game with Appy St. --Appy said NO because Dayton beat UAlbany last year 42-21.The Appy St. AD was afraid that a NON SCOLLY Team like Dayton beating you Mountain folks would be Tooooooooo devastating to your ego.xlolx xlolx

Appstate29
July 9th, 2008, 10:11 PM
yeah I'm sure thats the way it went down, lets just say we'd look at your team as much less of a threat than LSU looks at us.

udchuck
July 9th, 2008, 10:27 PM
yeah I'm sure thats the way it went down, lets just say we'd look at your team as much less of a threat than LSU looks at us.

xnodx Is that why because you can't get a game with Dayton,ASU scheduled a game with powerhouse" Presbyterian", and powerhouse "Jacksonville" ??xlolx xlolx BTW Dayton beat Jacksonville last year 49-3. with the 2nd and 3rd team playing half the Game.xlolx

Appstate29
July 9th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Jacksonville, Dayton WTF is the difference?

udchuck
July 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Jacksonville, Dayton WTF is the difference?

xlolx Turn the lights back on.--Jacksonville is Jacksonville,Dayton is Dayton.:D Jacksonville is in Florida,Dayton is in Ohio.Florida is wayyyyyyyyy South.Ohio is wayyyyyyyyyy North.xlolx xthumbsupx

Appstate29
July 9th, 2008, 11:15 PM
obviously you didn't get it.

udchuck
July 10th, 2008, 07:06 AM
obviously you didn't get it.

Yea,I got it,I was just trying to make a point.xcoolx

OldFootballGuy
July 10th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Actually, from what I learned Dayton tried to schedule a game with Appy St. --Appy said NO because Dayton beat UAlbany last year 42-21.The Appy St. AD was afraid that a NON SCOLLY Team like Dayton beating you Mountain folks would be Tooooooooo devastating to your ego.xlolx xlolx

Just a point of clarification; I am not one of the Mountaineer fans. I live in the area and have attended a couple of games there. And because of the business I used to be in, I have also had the opportunity to speak at length with the gentleman who handles their scheduling. After that conversation, I can assure you that if ANY FCS team had contacted him wanting a game on an agreeable date, his answer would not have been no.

udchuck
July 10th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Just a point of clarification; I am not one of the Mountaineer fans. I live in the area and have attended a couple of games there. And because of the business I used to be in, I have also had the opportunity to speak at length with the gentleman who handles their scheduling. After that conversation, I can assure you that if ANY FCS team had contacted him wanting a game on an agreeable date, his answer would not have been no.

My good man,You are absolutely correct.I'm just having a little fun with these overzealous Mountaineer Fans.;)

CharlestonAppFan
July 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
My good man,You are absolutely correct.I'm just having a little fun with these overzealous Mountaineer Fans.;)

udchuck, you remind me of when I was a kid when I used to cut wood and get

http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/first_aid/headers_58238/T_Splinters.jpg

which was so annoying, I'd have to dig it out of my

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/splinter%20remover.jpg

yet somehow on this thread you have nothing at all to contribute yet you still manage to linger xeyebrowx

jonmac
July 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Hey, cut him a break, at least he's helping us reach 2000 posts. And he's a cop, when he's not out harrassing innocent citizens he has to come here to do it. JK Chuck, I appreciate the work you do. And be careful with comments on zealousness(word?) your anti-App zealous level runs pretty high too. It took some time but I've finally gotten used to you and grown accustomed to having you around.xpeacex

udchuck
July 10th, 2008, 09:20 AM
udchuck, you remind me of when I was a kid when I used to cut wood and get

http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/first_aid/headers_58238/T_Splinters.jpg

which was so annoying, I'd have to dig it out of my

http://toolmonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/splinter%20remover.jpg

yet somehow on this thread you have nothing at all to contribute yet you still manage to linger xeyebrowx

xlolx I'll contribute when the Football season starts.xthumbsupx This is FUN TIME.xpeacex

udchuck
July 10th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Hey, cut him a break, at least he's helping us reach 2000 posts. And he's a cop, when he's not out harrassing innocent citizens he has to come here to do it. JK Chuck, I appreciate the work you do. And be careful with comments on zealousness(word?) your anti-App zealous level runs pretty high too. It took some time but I've finally gotten used to you and grown accustomed to having you around.xpeacex

Thanks JON, really this is a great diversion,just having a little fun with you guys.xthumbsupx Got to go now,work to be done.xpeacex

CharlestonAppFan
July 10th, 2008, 10:19 AM

so in other words I can't throw some jabs at him, but he can? xeyebrowx we've had our banter back and forth before and he knows that I am only kidding xthumbsupx ....sheeshh....hell, I've even given him positive rep for a couple of his comments xnodx

jonmac
July 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM
so in other words I can't throw some jabs at him, but he can? xeyebrowx we've had our banter back and forth before and he knows that I am only kidding xthumbsupx ....sheeshh....hell, I've even given him positive rep for a couple of his comments xnodx

Nope, that's not what I said at all. I even threw a jab myself along with some seriousness. Sorry if it was confusing. At first I was offended by most of his posts but I've gotten over that. Carry on with the jabs.xthumbsupx

mountaineertider
July 10th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Have I mentioned I enjoy not being able to read his posts?

:)

(just helping us get to 2000 posts)

APPride
July 10th, 2008, 02:42 PM
pretty good pic of AE on front page of todays USA Today (print version)...says "star QB" will "take on" LSU...

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

APPride
July 10th, 2008, 03:46 PM
pretty good pic of AE on front page of todays USA Today (print version)...says "star QB" will "take on" LSU...

xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

philly u kill me...stir that pot! :D

udchuck
July 10th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Have I mentioned I enjoy not being able to read his posts?

:)

(just helping us get to 2000 posts)

Mountaineertider, Comeon,admit it you read everyone of my posts.You're curious of what I will say next.It's human nature.:) How are we going to reach 2000 posts if you don't take a few jabs at me.xbawlingx

phillyAPP
July 11th, 2008, 12:40 PM
philly u kill me...stir that pot! :D

Stirring is good for the meal.... Add a little spice, hot sauce.... some peppers....... it summer time and i'm alittle bored !!!!!

GO APP ............................. Kick Tiger ASSSSS

AppStFan76
July 11th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Stirring is good for the meal.... Add a little spice, hot sauce.... some peppers....... it summer time and i'm alittle bored !!!!!

GO APP ............................. Kick Tiger ASSSSS

Its fun poking the tiger in the cage!!xlolx xlolx xlolx

AshevilleApp2
July 11th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Mountaineertider, Comeon,admit it you read everyone of my posts.You're curious of what I will say next.It's human nature.:) How are we going to reach 2000 posts if you don't take a few jabs at me.xbawlingx

Keep posting Chuck. xthumbsupx

ericsaid
July 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM

IndianaAppMan
July 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Appalachian State is playing La Salle University???? I'm there!!!!

SoCon48
July 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM

appsfan
July 11th, 2008, 09:43 PM
and counting ...

udchuck
July 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hey,Someone told me APPY ST. is playing LSU this year.Is that true.?????xcoolx

SoCon48
July 12th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Hey,Someone told me APPY ST. is playing LSU this year.Is that true.?????xcoolx

Actually LSU is playing App State this year.

And it isn't Appy.

Hey, somebody told me that the Dayton Flowers were playing Campbell this year? Is it true? I'd heard Campbell was trying to start up a team this year but weren't sure yet if they could find 11 to go out for the team.xeyebrowx

udchuck
July 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM

And it isn't Appy.

Hey, somebody told me that the Dayton Flowers were playing Campbell this year? Is it true? I'd heard Campbell was trying to start up a team this year but weren't sure yet if they could find 11 to go out for the team.xeyebrowx

Yep,It's true.I'm happy Campbell will join the PFL this year.It's great 100 some players will be able to play football this year. BTW, (Why are you slamming Campbell ??)---- Someone also told me APPY St.xazzx was renamed APPY Mountain Goats,but the Goats complained.xrolleyesx

udchuck
July 12th, 2008, 12:42 PM

And it isn't Appy.

Hey,Dude,Did you get the "EXPERT" handle by asking stupid Questions like this last one????or was it the Campbell slam that earned the" EXPERT" label???

SoCon48
July 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hey,Dude,Did you get the "EXPERT" handle by asking stupid Questions like this last one????or was it the Campbell slam that earned the" EXPERT" LABEL.xlolx

Umm same place you got your stupid trite "Appy" slams.xcoffeex

Dude, if can't take it, don't post it!xrolleyesx

Actually, I'm very familiar with Campbell and their efforts and the quality of their academics ans some of their sports. Just making light of your playing a startup program as you've made light of Apps' efforts to play top FBS/FCS programs. Get over it, dude.

As to the lame "Someone also told me APPY St. was renamed APPY Mountain Goats, but the Goats complained"

It was mildly funny the first few dozen times I heard it about Dayton and how nervous the sheep are when Dayton comes around.. Try to be original.xrolleyesx

udchuck
July 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Umm same place you got your stupid trite "Appy" slams.xcoffeex

Dude, if can't take it, don't post it!xrolleyesx

Actually, I'm very familiar with Campbell and their efforts and the quality of their academics ans some of their sports. Just making light of your playing a startup program as you've made light of Apps' efforts to play top FBS/FCS programs. Get over it, dude.

As to the lame "Someone also told me APPY St. was renamed APPY Mountain Goats, but the Goats complained"

It was mildly funny the first few dozen times I heard it about Dayton and how nervous the sheep are when Dayton comes around.. Try to be original.xrolleyesx

SoCon,You have a sick mind.All I can say is you're Pathetic. xnonono2x You're not worth the time,you sick f---.

SoCon48
July 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
SoCon,You have a sick mind.All I can say is you're Pathetic. xnonono2x You're not worth the time,you sick f---.

You really should have taken it to the smack forum if you can't take equal to what you dished out.

udchuck
July 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM
You really should have taken it to the smack forum if you can't take equal to what you dished out.

You Pathetic creep,You took a harmless Post (1342 ) to this sick,sex with animals post.I think you spend to much time in those Mountains.Any one who will post 5496 times,needs to get a life other than living on a friggen Mountain and spends his life on a Computer.

thmst30
July 12th, 2008, 04:11 PM
You Pathetic creep,You took a harmless Post (1342 ) to this sick,sex with animals post.I think you spend to much time in those Mountains.Any one who will post 5496 times,needs to get a life other than living on a friggen Mountain and spends his life on a Computer.
STFU dude, you started it and he came back at you and you couldn't handle it and now your crying and spouting insults at him. Grow up man.

Now patiently awaiting for your inevitable insults.xwhistlex

Bison101
July 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
JEEZ........ xeekx

You guys should be starting your own thread in the SMACK TALK area, not the FCS '''Discussion''' area of AGS.

Call it "Cambell vs. App. State A.K.A. 'Appy'"

ASUMountaineer
July 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
JEEZ........ xeekx

You guys should be starting your own thread in the SMACK TALK area, not the FCS '''Discussion''' area of AGS.

Call it "Cambell vs. App. State A.K.A. 'Appy'"

You should take your post there. It's not "Appy." Pot, meet kettle.

appsfan
July 12th, 2008, 09:24 PM
BTW, does (with sarcasm) ASU play LSU????

SoCon48
July 13th, 2008, 05:43 AM

Actually it was your post #1344 which struck a vein, Yep,It's true.I'm happy Campbell will join the PFL this year.It's great 100 some players will be able to play football this year. BTW, (Why are you slamming Campbell ??)---- Someone also told me APPY St. was renamed APPY Mountain Goats,but the Goats complained.

Umm, some of we Apps and the mountain people in general, don't take kindly to being called goats. If you're ever in that geographic area, I'd advise keeping a tight rein on the name calling. I live in the flatlands, thus I can be a bit more free.

As to the 5496 posts? They're due in part to being a strong FCS fan and from working hard all my life to get to the point where I can now waste my time as I choose. But I get your drift; I'd advise likewise that you find another hobby other than disparaging ASU and its fans with inuendos and sideways remarks.

Peace, dude.xpeacex

AppStFan76
July 13th, 2008, 06:57 AM
BTW, does (with sarcasm) ASU play LSU????

(In reply, with sarcasm) I know I just heard can you believe it!!!xrotatehx

SoCon48
July 13th, 2008, 07:57 AM

Rumors probably.;)

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM
What is this LSU you speak of?

AppStFan76
July 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Can this information be trusted...?

AppStFan76
July 13th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I also heard that AE has decided he is just too fragile and has opted to play in the band this season....xconfusedx xbawlingx

udchuck
July 13th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Actually it was your post #1344 which struck a vein, Yep,It's true.I'm happy Campbell will join the PFL this year.It's great 100 some players will be able to play football this year. BTW, (Why are you slamming Campbell ??)---- Someone also told me APPY St. was renamed APPY Mountain Goats,but the Goats complained.

Umm, some of we Apps and the mountain people in general, don't take kindly to being called goats. If you're ever in that geographic area, I'd advise keeping a tight rein on the name calling. I live in the flatlands, thus I can be a bit more free.

As to the 5496 posts? They're due in part to being a strong FCS fan and from working hard all my life to get to the point where I can now waste my time as I choose. But I get your drift; I'd advise likewise that you find another hobby other than disparaging ASU and its fans with inuendos and sideways remarks.

Peace, dude.xpeacex

Your a little thin skinned aren't you. The Mountain Goats name was in retaliation for calling "Dayton Flowers" ----But you have a sick mind,and a Pathetic person. This will be my last post on this stupid discussion.xthumbsupx BTW, I live in the Cleveland area not Dayton.I just know a great kid that attends that school.So I follow the FLYERS.xthumbsupx

udchuck
July 13th, 2008, 12:35 PM

xlolx

udchuck
July 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
1361 AND COUNTING

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 12:38 PM
AE is actually up to 184 now according to the updated roster on goasu. May be able to get up to NFL QB weight by the end of his senior season after all.

He is rated the 15th WR in his draft class and projected as a 5-6 rounder though on nfldraftscout and he hasn't even caught a pass in his college career.

udchuck
July 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM
STFU dude, you started it and he came back at you and you couldn't handle it and now your crying and spouting insults at him. Grow up man.

Now patiently awaiting for your inevitable insults.xwhistlex

Are you his Cat, his Dog.:D or his pet Goat.:D Read post 1342 then 1343 then tell me who started what.

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 12:47 PM
half cat, half dog, half goat.

udchuck
July 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM
half cat, half dog, half goat.

xlolx

SoCon48
July 13th, 2008, 04:56 PM
You know, ericsaid, it seems some people just fail to recognize their own snottiness.

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
You know, ericsaid, it seems some people just fail to recognize their own snottiness.

touche'.xrotatehx

stevdock
July 13th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I think we should start up a thread about the Southern Utah and Cal Davis game and see how far it can go??

ericsaid
July 13th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I think we should start up a thread about the Southern Utah and Cal Davis game and see how far it can go??

3 pages. With 2 and a half of the pages coming from posters who have no affiliation with either institution.xthumbsupx

AppStFan76
July 14th, 2008, 08:47 AM
LSU has printed there own shirt for this game....

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/tyger-gifts_2010_19072923

but to hear there fans talk this is just a rent-a-win, no signifigance to this game at all.xlolx xlolx

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Or as some of their SEC rivals would say, "That was the House, This the Pits."

biggie
July 14th, 2008, 09:40 AM
LSU has printed there own shirt for this game....

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/tyger-gifts_2010_19072923

but to hear there fans talk this is just a rent-a-win, no signifigance to this game at all.xlolx xlolx
But when was the last time a 1-A school printed shirts for a 1-AA opponent? I'm guessing... never. Pretty crazy that they have taken it that far.

SoCon48
July 14th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Good point!

AppStateSVX
July 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM
i kinda like the shirt

AppStFan76
July 14th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah the shirt is cool and if App wins I will have one!!

HighRyder08
July 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
if we win then im gonna frame it and put it up on my wall

AppStFan76
July 14th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I guess if we win then App is the "BIG #1" and LSU is the "other #1"xlolx xsmiley_wix

AshevilleApp2
July 15th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Ahem.

phillyAPP
July 15th, 2008, 08:15 AM
i kinda like the shirt

I do also

Big Question: Can you buy a shirt and ADD to the printing LATER ?

I like the block "A" they used also.

DLS
July 15th, 2008, 08:40 AM
anyone got any theories to what jerry moore's gameplan is gonna be for this one?

personally i think he'll try and get the passing game moving since the inexperience of LSU's secondary and also keep AE healthy.

AshevilleApp2
July 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
anyone got any theories to what jerry moore's gameplan is gonna be for this one?

personally i think he'll try and get the passing game moving since the inexperience of LSU's secondary and also keep AE healthy.

Key to the season there.

Appinator
July 15th, 2008, 09:50 AM

My thoughts too. What JM did last year was to line up in 4 wide and then have KR go in motion during the play to force Michigan into man coverage from their basic cover two or cover three zones. This is why we were able to hit the quick cut routes on most of our drives. I would suspect that we would try to do the same again, knowing that LSU might be a little more prepared and accustomed to it.

When KR wasn't in motion, he had our bread and butter plays in mind, with basic dives in a zone blocking scheme. LSU has the speed to take advantage of a spread offense's wider gaps between lineman, and will not have to rest it's run defense entirely on it's LB corp. Not having KR will hurt, but I would think that we would have a solid rotation of Moore, Welton, and possibly the VT transfer to keep fresh legs on the field.

jonmac
July 17th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Gotta get some more posts going to get to 2K.
Anyone think it's gonna be hot in BR on Aug. 30?:D xsmiley_wix

biggie
July 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Glad I will be at the alumni tailgate in the A/C before the game.

Not sure how I will stay cool in the game, especially with all the LSU fans surrounding/harassing us (will be in the season ticket area).

Geaux Tigers
July 17th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Interesting thread.

At LSU there are shirts printed for every home game, just in case they don't make enough money charging you for the privilege of purchasing a season ticket, the actual cost of the season ticket, a parking pass, and concessions. You know it was a really big game if there are shirts printed after the game has been played.

With regard to game plans, I expect Miles to try and establish the run early, the left side of our O-line is going to be devastating this year as long as they stay healthy and we have a stable of good RB.

On defense, our D-line should be better as a whole this year than they were last year with the return of Alexander and Jean-Francois. In the first 3 games last year before Alexander got hurt he was a beast and then the last 2 games of the season when Jean-Francois came back he dominated as well.

I don't expect the game to be nearly as high scoring as most people, because I think LSU will have several long drives that really eat up the clock. I am expecting something along the lines of 27-13 LSU, with our running game really becoming effective in the second half.

Geaux Tigers
July 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM
For any of you guys coming to the game; if you stop and visit with the hundreds of thousands of LSU fans that will be tailgaiting around campus and talk football without getting into trash talking, you should be able to get all the food and drink you want and have a really good time.

McNeeserocket
July 17th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Gotta get some more posts going to get to 2K.

You had better pray that the temperature is below normal for that time of year. You should also pray for any type of breeze, which also rarely occurs this time of year in Louisiana (of course you could get a certain type of breeze that is known to hit the Gulf Coast this time of year, commonly known as a Hurricane). You should bring a fan, preferably a battery-powered fan, as it will more than likely be a sweltering, stifling, and oppressively hot atmosphere. And then there is the game atmosphere, which is famous (or perhaps infamous) for a plethora of reasons.

jonmac
July 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM
You had better pray that the temperature is below normal for that time of year. You should also pray for any type of breeze, which also rarely occurs this time of year in Louisiana (of course you could get a certain type of breeze that is known to hit the Gulf Coast this time of year, commonly known as a Hurricane). You should bring a fan, preferably a battery-powered fan, as it will more than likely be a sweltering, stifling, and oppressively hot atmosphere. And then there is the game atmosphere, which is famous (or perhaps infamous) for a plethora of reasons.

I guess we should probably also pray that LSU forgets the game time and shows up late and has to forfeit. Right UDChuck? Where are ya?xthumbsupx

Rocket, I regret that I will not be there. I will be home in the A/C watching on ESPN.

ericsaid
July 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Interesting thread.

At LSU there are shirts printed for every home game, just in case they don't make enough money charging you for the privilege of purchasing a season ticket, the actual cost of the season ticket, a parking pass, and concessions. You know it was a really big game if there are shirts printed after the game has been played.

With regard to game plans, I expect Miles to try and establish the run early, the left side of our O-line is going to be devastating this year as long as they stay healthy and we have a stable of good RB.

On defense, our D-line should be better as a whole this year than they were last year with the return of Alexander and Jean-Francois. In the first 3 games last year before Alexander got hurt he was a beast and then the last 2 games of the season when Jean-Francois came back he dominated as well.

I don't expect the game to be nearly as high scoring as most people, because I think LSU will have several long drives that really eat up the clock. I am expecting something along the lines of 27-13 LSU, with our running game really becoming effective in the second half.

App will have a new starting kicker this season and to start that out in LSU he won't make a field goalxoopsx . So i'll give you that and so possibly 27-14.(if i went along with your score.)

I would say 35-21.

McNeeserocket
July 17th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I guess we should probably also pray that LSU forgets the game time and shows up late and has to forfeit. Right UDChuck? Where are ya?xthumbsupx

Rocket, I regret that I will not be there. I will be home in the A/C watching on ESPN.

I am not saying you would not have a great time, because I think it will be a great game and a lot of fun. But since the question was asked (though in jest) if it would be hot on August 30th in Baton Rouge, I felt I would paint a picture of just how hot it more than likely will be in Baton Rouge in Tiger Stadium.

I live only 120 miles west of Baton Rouge in Lake Charles, LA, and I can tell you that living in Louisiana in July, August and Sept. is not for the faint of heart or for any fair weather person. I have lived on the Gulf Coast of Louisiana since August of 1971 (having moved here from Dallas) and I still find it very unpleasant to be outside during the summer and early Fall.

However, the weather will never keep me from going to a McNeese Football Game.

jonmac
July 17th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I am not saying you would not have a great time, because I think it will be a great game and a lot of fun. But since the question was asked (though in jest) if it would be hot on August 30th in Baton Rouge, I felt I would paint a picture of just how hot it more than likely will be in Baton Rouge in Tiger Stadium.

I live only 120 miles west of Baton Rouge in Lake Charles, LA, and I can tell you that living in Louisiana in July, August and Sept. is not for the faint of heart or for any fair weather person. I have lived on the Gulf Coast of Louisiana since August of 1971 (having moved here from Dallas) and I still find it very unpleasant to be outside during the summer and early Fall.

However, the weather will never keep me from going to a McNeese Football Game.

Sorry, that first part wasn't meant necessarily to rebut what you said. I agree that we should hope that Aug. 30 is an unusually cool day. I'm just trying to spark some more interest in this thread. It should probably die since we seem to have covered every aspect of this game over and over and over...but there was a prediction for 2K posts by game day and I'm just doing my part. Speaking of Gameday, has anyone heard anything more about where they will be?

phillyAPP
July 17th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Sorry, that first part wasn't meant necessarily to rebut what you said. I agree that we should hope that Aug. 30 is an unusually cool day. I'm just trying to spark some more interest in this thread. It should probably die since we seem to have covered every aspect of this game over and over and over...but there was a prediction for 2K posts by game day and I'm just doing my part. Speaking of Gameday, has anyone heard anything more about where they will be?

I think our Offense will do what it always does. It will run plays that expose a weakness early or run a play that will expose a weakness for later. Some will be run and some will be pass.

We will have some NEW plays this year that have not been seen.

Just my opinion from reading and listening.

AND the BIGGEST surprise will come from the DEFENSE !!!

AppStFan76
July 17th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Your devotion is appriciated!! I too will try and get the thread count up to 2000!!

See I just added 1xthumbsupx

phillyAPP
July 17th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Your devotion is appriciated!! I too will try and get the thread count up to 2000!!

See I just added 1xthumbsupx

hey 76,

there's plenty to write about !!!

what do you think APP wil do in 1 st Qtr of the game ?

2 more posts

jonmac
July 17th, 2008, 12:42 PM
hey 76,

there's plenty to write about !!!

what do you think APP wil do in 1 st Qtr of the game ?

2 more posts

I think one of the two teams will kick off. Any predictions on who wins the toss?
Philly, you're right, there's a lot we haven't talked about. 2K here we come.xthumbsupx

Appinator
July 17th, 2008, 12:53 PM

Pretty sure that that Gameday will be in Atlanta, for the "Big" game of the day, Clemson vs. Alabama. ESPN brokered the game and the neutral site.

phillyAPP
July 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Pretty sure that that Gameday will be in Atlanta, for the "Big" game of the day, Clemson vs. Alabama. ESPN brokered the game and the neutral site.

What about the APP - LSU game? ----- Appinator

Are you going to the game?

Can APP defense stop LSU?

Will APP score 2-3-4 TD's?

2000 here we come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AppGrad06
July 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
I think our Offense will do what it always does. It will run plays that expose a weakness early or run a play that will expose a weakness for later. Some will be run and some will be pass.

We will have some NEW plays this year that have not been seen.

Just my opinion from reading and listening.

AND the BIGGEST surprise will come from the DEFENSE !!!

I agree. I feel it could be a very interesting game for App defensively. looking at LSU's offense, they should have a very strong O-line, which they will need to give their inexperienced but deep RB corp and QB --who will be fresh out of Pampers-- all they help they can get. They should be solid at WR even though they have lost some stars.

And on the defensive side of the ball for App we ought to have a much improved D-line and rush defense this year. The big ? is our secondary (from what I've heard, though light on experience, the talent and athleticism is there).

Put it together and you've got a war in the trenches. Shut down the run and you've got an inexperienced QB putting it in the air to receivers covered by inexperienced DBs. Sacrifice any on the run defense to pressure the QB and you've got the ball in the hands of an inexperienced Back who has a strong O-line supporting him and who know what can happen.

It should be all about who's inexperienced players come though biggest.

so anyone got an analysis of the reverse roles?

Geaux Tigers
July 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I agree that we should hope that Aug. 30 is an unusually cool day.

The average high in August is only 92 F, which is not all that bad until you factor in the 80% humidity that creates a heat index of 100+.

For those planning to make the trip, here is a way that you can help acclimate yourself. Go in your bathroom and turn on the hot water in the shower, then turn on a space heater and let it get 92 degrees in there.

Now spend the day in there and start drinking bloody mary's at 8 am, beer at around 10 am and whiskey sometime after lunch up until gametime. This should get you ready to spend the day tailgaiting for the game.

AshevilleApp2
July 17th, 2008, 02:03 PM
The average high in August is only 92 F, which is not all that bad until you factor in the 80% humidity that creates a heat index of 100+.

For those planning to make the trip, here is a way that you can help acclimate yourself. Go in your bathroom and turn on the hot water in the shower, then turn on a space heater and let it get 92 degrees in there.

Now spend the day in there and start drinking bloody mary's at 8 am, beer at around 10 am and whiskey sometime after lunch up until gametime. This should get you ready to spend the day tailgaiting for the game.

Sounds like a plan!

biggie
July 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM

I would say more like jump into a hot tub, stay under water, then try to breathe and drink at the same time.

Last time I was down there (Aug '01) it was 100+ without the heat index.

McNeese75
July 17th, 2008, 02:09 PM
[/B]
I agree. I feel it could be a very interesting game for App defensively. looking at LSU's offense, they should have a very strong O-line, which they will need to give their inexperienced but deep RB corp and QB --who will be fresh out of Pampers-- all they help they can get. They should be solid at WR even though they have lost some stars.

And on the defensive side of the ball for App we ought to have a much improved D-line and rush defense this year. The big ? is our secondary (from what I've heard, though light on experience, the talent and athleticism is there).

Put it together and you've got a war in the trenches. Shut down the run and you've got an inexperienced QB putting it in the air to receivers covered by inexperienced DBs. Sacrifice any on the run defense to pressure the QB and you've got the ball in the hands of an inexperienced Back who has a strong O-line supporting him and who know what can happen.

It should be all about who's inexperienced players come though biggest.

so anyone got an analysis of the reverse roles?

xconfusedx I think you better look at that RB corp again. It is way more experienced than anything ASU is going to be bringing to the game.

Appinator
July 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM
What about the APP - LSU game? ----- Appinator

Are you going to the game?

Can APP defense stop LSU?

Will APP score 2-3-4 TD's?

2000 here we come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that they will have roaming cameras during tailgate at LSU, but I would assume Herbie and the gang will be in the ATL.

I am pretty superstitious, and I was here in Charlotte for the Michigan win. So, I will be in the Queen City, with my game day drink of Jim and Coke in hand, rooting on the 'Neers.

After reading the media guide a couple times, I really think our depth at D-line will shine during this game. Their OL is bigger, faster, stronger, etc., but if we keep the rotation going and always have fresh legs on the field we might have a shot. I love our LB corps this year, but I'm not sure of the depth that we have past our starters. This really might come to light in the 4th.

I say we score 3 TDs; no shut-out this time. Unfortunately this won't be enough. I'll save my game day predictions for the week of.

Appinator
July 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM
xconfusedx I think you better look at that RB corp again. It is way more experienced than anything ASU is going to be bringing to the game.

That number 5 kid is lights out. I'm not sure why the ball isn't in his hands every other play.

Geaux Tigers
July 17th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I would say more like jump into a hot tub, stay under water, then try to breathe and drink at the same time.

Last time I was down there (Aug '01) it was 100+ without the heat index.

Yeah, the average is 92 but it can get to 100 on a bad day.

Normally, with a 7:00 kickoff it is starting to cool off and then by the end of the first half the sun is down and you don't feel like you are in a cajun microwave anymore.

For those who don't know what a cajun microwave is: http://www.cajunmicrowaves.com/

Unfortunately, with a 4:00 kickoff it will not cool off much during the game. Hopefully we get some cloud cover.

citdog
July 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, the average is 92 but it can get to 100 on a bad day.

Normally, with a 7:00 kickoff it is starting to cool off and then by the end of the first half the sun is down and you don't feel like you are in a cajun microwave anymore.

For those who don't know what a cajun microwave is: http://www.cajunmicrowaves.com/

Unfortunately, with a 4:00 kickoff it will not cool off much during the game. Hopefully we get some cloud cover.

didn't bother The Citadel Bulldogs on our trip there. I thought we gave a good account of ourselves.

Boone4280
July 17th, 2008, 03:42 PM
when do the individual tickets go on sale?

jonmac
July 17th, 2008, 08:26 PM
The coin toss what about the coin toss? I have App winning it, odds are 50/50. Wanna get some of that action UDChuck?:D xpeacex

Geaux Tigers
July 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM
didn't bother The Citadel Bulldogs on our trip there. I thought we gave a good account of ourselves.

That was a 7:00 kickoff back in 2002, and I think LSU was up 28-0 in the third before you guys scored with a final score of 35-10. But that is a lot better than Virginia Tech did last year in Tiger Stadium.

I do think this game will be similar to the Citadel game in that we will have more yards rushing than passing, but in that game we had almost 3 times as many yards rushing as we did passing. I don't think it will be such a big difference between the rush/pass against App, Miles likes to keep the attack more balanced where Saban was a little more conservative on offense and would run more if he could.

ericsaid
July 18th, 2008, 01:41 AM
App will have the most athletic and "physically gifted" secondary they've ever had according to some of the player profiles on goasu.com. Will a safety coming in for Corey Lynch with similar size but probably faster. and going from a 5'7 CB to a 6'1 CB will be good once he gets some experience. Then Cortez Gilbert has experience when he started the quarter final against Eastern Washington and started against Delaware.

Leanard Love who is filling in for Titus Howard started the first two games last year and intercepted a pass at Michigan and had around 8 or so tackles. So really only two inexperienced players in the secondary.

Love and Gilbert saw plenty of playing time through the year. Jared Reine is penciled in as of right now at a CB position. With Mark LeGree starting for Lynch.

Punchykky
July 18th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Man, I hope Appalachian State beats LSU!xnodx It would mean so much for us FCS schools.

phillyAPP
July 18th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Man, I hope Appalachian State beats LSU!xnodx It would mean so much for us FCS schools.

Make sure your watching Spartan. The game will be a REAL game and will be one of the best games Labor day weekend.

APP will fight to the end.

hapapp
July 18th, 2008, 07:52 AM
App will have the most athletic and "physically gifted" secondary they've ever had according to some of the player profiles on goasu.com. Will a safety coming in for Corey Lynch with similar size but probably faster. and going from a 5'7 CB to a 6'1 CB will be good once he gets some experience. Then Cortez Gilbert has experience when he started the quarter final against Eastern Washington and started against Delaware.

Leanard Love who is filling in for Titus Howard started the first two games last year and intercepted a pass at Michigan and had around 8 or so tackles. So really only two inexperienced players in the secondary.

Love and Gilbert saw plenty of playing time through the year. Jared Reine is penciled in as of right now at a CB position. With Mark LeGree starting for Lynch.

Perhaps, but you can't lose the experience we lost back there and not expect there to be some real growing pains. We will be talented no doubt and will have some experience that we lacked last year on the DL but the overall quality of talent that we lost off the 2007 squad will not be so easily replaced. I hope 3 NCs haven't deluded us into thinking that it is such a simple task to replace that kind of talent.

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Perhaps, but you can't lose the experience we lost back there and not expect there to be some real growing pains. We will be talented no doubt and will have some experience that we lacked last year on the DL but the overall quality of talent that we lost off the 2007 squad will not be so easily replaced. I hope 3 NCs haven't deluded us into thinking that it is such a simple task to replace that kind of talent.

Agreed. And we won't sneak up on LSU. My hope for the game is that App comes away with their confidence and health. The more important part of the season starts the following week.

eaglesrthe1
July 18th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I hope it doesn't negate what App did for FCS football in 2007. If they go to Baton Rouge in a highly anticipated event and get punched in the mouth, we'll go back to being the baby brothers again.

No matter how it turns out, it wont be the most lopsided score of the year for LSU. ASU will fare better than some of the IA's on the LSU schedule.

HighRyder08
July 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
For all the haters out there just realize that ASU isnt busting their butts all summer to go down to LSU and "keep it close" or to finish second....

AppGrad06
July 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM

didn't say ASU's RB's were experienced only commented on LSU's offense. And I looked at numbers a while back and Hester took a staggering amount of the work load. Just like ASU loosing K-rich loosing Hester leaves a big hole, yea there are some guys who have gotten some time and made some plays, but the run game was has Hester-centric as could be expected. Also, Hester played more of a FB role at RB and the others with experience have a more "true RB" style. So I guess I didn't really state things the way I meant to. It's really that for the style run game LSU had been running, the players available don't much experience but if they want to run around the out side or though a hole opened by the o-line they have the personel.

ericsaid
July 18th, 2008, 10:20 AM

No just when this talent isn't so raw and the coaches begin to shape it up, then they should be better then the last group of DB's, maybe take a couple of seasons. Cortez Gilbet IMO isn't much of a drop off from Justin Woazaeh. There shouldn't be much a void there.

Geaux Tigers
July 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
My hope for the game is that App comes away with their confidence and health. The more important part of the season starts the following week.

How often does AE run the ball without being flushed from the pocket? In the first 3 games last year when our D-Line was completely healthy I don't think a starting quarterback made it past the third quarter.

I think our D-line will do a good job of disrupting things, and I expect to see Darry Beckwith waiting for AE when he tries to scramble. I think AE will have a few good runs, he is too talented not to, but I think our front 7 will keep him contained for the most part.

I think playing and gameplanning against Tebow and McFadden (McFadden played a lot of QB against us in the wildcat formation) will really help prepare the team for App State.

phillyAPP
July 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM
How often does AE run the ball without being flushed from the pocket? In the first 3 games last year when our D-Line was completely healthy I don't think a starting quarterback made it past the third quarter.

I think our D-line will do a good job of disrupting things, and I expect to see Darry Beckwith waiting for AE when he tries to scramble. I think AE will have a few good runs, he is too talented not to, but I think our front 7 will keep him contained for the most part.

I think playing and gameplanning against Tebow and McFadden (McFadden played a lot of QB against us in the wildcat formation) will really help prepare the team for App State.

The problem LSU will have with AE is our offense does not set up for him to run UNLESS you leave holes for him. APP runs a offense looking for weaknesses in the defense. If a team plays the run, then AE throws very well. Sometimes short, sometimes long. Then there is the misdirection plays to see if defense is playing honest. And then if the D-line starts to leave there lines that creates a hole and we attack that.

If we have 4 or 5 recievers going out, you have to play them man to man , so we just have to have one of them get open.

Then we have the RUN blocking that just needs to open up the right whole and things happen. APP Offensive players ALL block or they dont play leading to more yards than usual on running plays.

Its NOT any one thing that we do, ITS that we do so many things, and we do it with speed and good conditioning. Its very hard to defend.

LSU Defense needs to cover the WHOLE field. Overzealous players will be exposed.

phillyAPP
July 18th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I wish i was more of a techy so i could have an avitar with THE MOUNTAINEER, The Shotgun, hunting the Tiger !!!!!!!!! lol

AshevilleApp2
July 18th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Edwards has a fair number of plays called for him, and he is very tough considering he's not that big. He'll get some yards, hopefully a lot. I expect that App will try to pass quite a bit early in the game though.

ericsaid
July 18th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Edwards has a fair number of plays called for him, and he is very tough considering he's not that big. He'll get some yards, hopefully a lot. I expect that App will try to pass quite a bit early in the game though.

I've seen him run through linebackers, knock them down, truck them, juke them, go through them. I've also seen him be run through.xwhistlex

SoCon48
July 18th, 2008, 12:56 PM
No matter how it turns out, it wont be the most lopsided score of the year for LSU. ASU will fare better than some of the IA's on the LSU schedule.

Good point. That was true in GSU-Georgia matchups wasn't it?

AppStFan76
July 20th, 2008, 07:58 PM
So we now have a shirt released from both camps...

Which shirt gets your vote?

Even with my bias... I think LSU has a better shirt.

But that didnt keep me from buying one of the Champ vs Champ App shirts!xsmiley_wix

AppStFan76
July 20th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I know there's another thread about the shirts just trying to reach the 2000 mark!!xthumbsupx

Appinator
July 21st, 2008, 10:02 AM
Another one bites the dust:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/25607889.html

Looks like there were a few players who left as well when RP hit the transfer trail. 3 reserve O-Lineman with significant playing time last year have left or been kicked off the team this off-season. None appear to have been starters, or even jockeying for a starting position, but depth is depth.

Thoughts?

phillyAPP
July 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM

Looks like there were a few players who left as well when RP hit the transfer trail. 3 reserve O-Lineman with significant playing time last year have left or been kicked off the team this off-season. None appear to have been starters, or even jockeying for a starting position, but depth is depth.

Thoughts?

I agree,depth is depth. Now if we can get 20 scholarships reduced and have them play in a smaller stadium, we should be closer to a level playing field. I'll still give them the home field as long as we get the $$$$$$.

lknspider
July 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
App's success depends on AE..... without him they are just another good 1_AA.....ala 2007.

AshevilleApp2
July 21st, 2008, 12:59 PM
App's success depends on AE..... without him they are just another good 1_AA.....ala 2007.

A first post. Welcome!

Geaux Tigers
July 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM

Thoughts?

O-line is not an issue this season. We had a really strong recruiting class last year for O-Line and a lot of talented guys there waiting to step in next year, which is probably why you are seeing some of these guys going elsewhere to get playing time. One area Les has been much better than Saban in is developing the O-line recruits, of course that is where he played at Michigan.

I just got sent this video of the returning playmakers for LSU, it is a little old apparently though because RP is still in it. We should win at least 9 games this year if we just get average quarterback play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rqs88RucE&feature=related

Geaux Tigers
July 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM
The problem LSU will have with AE is our offense does not set up for him to run UNLESS you leave holes for him. APP runs a offense looking for weaknesses in the defense. If a team plays the run, then AE throws very well. Sometimes short, sometimes long. Then there is the misdirection plays to see if defense is playing honest. And then if the D-line starts to leave there lines that creates a hole and we attack that.

If we have 4 or 5 recievers going out, you have to play them man to man , so we just have to have one of them get open.

Then we have the RUN blocking that just needs to open up the right whole and things happen. APP Offensive players ALL block or they dont play leading to more yards than usual on running plays.

Its NOT any one thing that we do, ITS that we do so many things, and we do it with speed and good conditioning. Its very hard to defend.

LSU Defense needs to cover the WHOLE field. Overzealous players will be exposed.

I will be very suprised if AE has the time to throw anything but a short pass. Our front seven will make it very difficult to run consistently and will apply constant pressure. The key will be the short passing game, will our inexperienced secondary be able to stay with the receivers long enough to let the D-line get there?

Does someone have a link to the shirt App is selling?

McNeese75
July 21st, 2008, 02:12 PM
O-line is not an issue this season. We had a really strong recruiting class last year for O-Line and a lot of talented guys there waiting to step in next year, which is probably why you are seeing some of these guys going elsewhere to get playing time. One area Les has been much better than Saban in is developing the O-line recruits, of course that is where he played at Michigan.

I just got sent this video of the returning playmakers for LSU, it is a little old apparently though because RP is still in it. We should win at least 9 games this year if we just get average quarterback play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rqs88RucE&feature=related

Nice video but the music track is a POS xsmhx

AppStFan76
July 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM
I will be very suprised if AE has the time to throw anything but a short pass. Our front seven will make it very difficult to run consistently and will apply constant pressure. The key will be the short passing game, will our inexperienced secondary be able to stay with the receivers long enough to let the D-line get there?

http://www.appfan.com/store//358/

Let us know what you think!!

Geaux Tigers
July 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM
http://www.appfan.com/store//358/

Let us know what you think!!

Nice, I like how they used the term "dem Tigers".

I can't wait for football season to start.

soweagle
July 21st, 2008, 03:03 PM

The difference is that when you are winning multiple titles you start operating by the old saying of "reloading as opposed to rebuilding." This is where App is at this time. These replacements will probably not fill the shoes of a Corey Lynch but who can?

appfan2008
July 21st, 2008, 03:16 PM
The difference is that when you are winning multiple titles you start operating by the old saying of "reloading as opposed to rebuilding." This is where App is at this time. These replacements will probably not fill the shoes of a Corey Lynch but who can?

someone will on the field... they always do...

but no one ever will off of it

phillyAPP
July 21st, 2008, 03:18 PM

I think you will be surprised with our O-Line and the way we attack a fast rushing Defense. It will take more than 1 man getting through and then you have screans, cross routes, and misdirection.

I appreciate your posts.

We will see in 40 days !!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait.

phillyAPP
July 21st, 2008, 03:21 PM

Phyically I think we have talent to replace Cory and many others. Game knowledge and intuition is another thing.

phillyAPP
July 22nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Nice, I like how they used the term "dem Tigers".

I can't wait for football season to start.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THAT APP IS PLAYING LSU IN 39 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread has had its a break since yesterday.

Will APP score 21 or more points ?

Can APP stop LSU running game?

Those are my big questions for the game.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Phyically I think we have talent to replace Cory and many others. Game knowledge and intuition is another thing.

Lucky for us we have bigger more physically gifted athletes coming in to play. With Mark LeGree replacing Corey Lynch. I'm sure they all knew this last year and it would make since for Legree to have watched film with corey which probably helped him better understand what was going on.

So he may suprise people with the way he plays if he studied with Corey.
Then you have a 6'1 Cb replacing a 5'6 1/2 one. So if Jared Reine has the instincts it shouldnt come as a suprise for him to do well. Cortez Gilbert IMO is just as good as JW.

The wide recievers and RB's will be fine. If the offensive line gels during fall camp then there shouldnt be much of a drop off there along with some new all SoCon performers.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM

If you were smart you would know that the only two games App lost of when Armanti started. Trey was 4-0 as a starter last season and had thrown for 800+ yadrs and run for 500. Had he started all season he would have been the 6th quarterback in college football history to run for 1000 yards and pass for 200 yards in the same season.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

lknspider
July 22nd, 2008, 01:57 PM
If you were smart you would know that the only two games App lost of when Armanti started. Trey was 4-0 as a starter last season and had thrown for 800+ yadrs and run for 500. Had he started all season he would have been the 6th quarterback in college football history to run for 1000 yards and pass for 200 yards in the same season.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

If you too were smart, you would know that AE was injured in the 1st half of the Wofford game (a loss) and lost his first game back after sitting out 4 1/2 games due a poor passing game of 10 for 21 with 2 interceptions......mostly likely due according to your coach as being a little "rusty". I'll stick with my opinion that Appalachin is just another good 1-AA team w/o AE but nothing special this year. We'll find out at LSU and JMU pretty early.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 02:05 PM
If you too were smart, you would know that AE was injured in the 1st half of the Wofford game (a loss) and lost his first game back after sitting out 4 1/2 games due a poor passing game of 10 for 21 with 2 interceptions......mostly likely due according to your coach as being a little "rusty". I'll stick with my opinion that Appalachin is just another good 1-AA team w/o AE but nothing special this year. We'll find out at LSU and JMU pretty early.

Your post said without Armanti Edwards, Appalachian is just another good 1-aa team. Without Armanti Edwards, App went 4-0. With Armanti STARTING they went 9-2. I was just responding to your post.

Armanti was also injured the Michigan game. In the fall intrasquad scrimmage on the last day of camp he was tackled on a long run from behind and it chipped a bone on his left shoulder and strained it.

The QB App signed might be a freshmen but in watching videos of him, he's very AEish with his elusiveness and speed and ability to throw the ball. So we'll see, when Apps blowing LSU out and have to call off the dogs and put Pressley in.xwhistlex xwhistlex

AshevilleApp2
July 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Your post said without Armanti Edwards, Appalachian is just another good 1-aa team. Without Armanti Edwards, App went 4-0. With Armanti STARTING they went 9-2. I was just responding to your post.

Armanti was also injured the Michigan game. In the fall intrasquad scrimmage on the last day of camp he was tackled on a long run from behind and it chipped a bone on his left shoulder and strained it.

The QB App signed might be a freshmen but in watching videos of him, he's very AEish with his elusiveness and speed and ability to throw the ball. So we'll see, when Apps blowing LSU out and have to call off the dogs and put Pressley in.xwhistlex xwhistlex

xrolleyesx C'mon eric, lets stick to reality.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
[/B]

xrolleyesx C'mon eric, lets stick to reality.

I needed a bit of sarcasm in that post to make some people overreact. Anything to help get to the magic 2000.xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
July 22nd, 2008, 02:17 PM
I needed a bit of sarcasm in that post to make some people overreact. Anything to help get to the magic 2000.xthumbsupx

Well then keep the sarcasm coming. xthumbsupx

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
Sarcasms always nice, unless theres a bit of truth in it. Then it just down right pisses people off. Like the possibility of App blowing out LSU and having to put in a back up Quarterback, maybe the whole 2nd team offense just to give the little striped kittens some hope for the rest of their season.

McNeese75
July 22nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Sarcasms always nice, unless theres a bit of truth in it. Then it just down right pisses people off. Like the possibility of App blowing out LSU and having to put in a back up Quarterback, maybe the whole 2nd team offense just to give the little striped kittens some hope for the rest of their season.

xrolleyesx Truth = Prayer xcoolx

asknoquarter21
July 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3498446&name=feldman_bruce

Appalachian at LSU

5th best must see game this season.

5. Appalachian State at LSU, Aug. 30: Ever since App State beat Michigan, this game has had some buzz. When you can bill it as the FBS champ versus the FCS champ, it sounds like an even more intriguing matchup. App State QB Armanti Edwards is a dynamic talent who has generated some Heisman buzz, which will build exponentially if there is a huge upset here. Also on the line? LSU's 22-game home win streak in nonconference games.

jonmac
July 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM

True, but isn't that also true of most "great" or really good teams? I know there are exceptions. Kind of a moot point, I think.

ASUG8
July 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think Jerry Moore's been sitting on his behind in the offseason with regard to having an AE backup. We all know that he's tenacious, but also human - he proved to be a bit fragile for a stretch last year, but his resilience came when we needed it. I doubt we'll have anyone of Elder's capabilities in a backup (should we need one this year), but rest assured Moore is painfully aware that his time with AE is rapidly coming to a close. Every new season is like Christmas - you get to find out what new things you received over the year. :D

Geaux Tigers
July 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Sarcasms always nice, unless theres a bit of truth in it. Then it just down right pisses people off. Like the possibility of LSU blowing out App in the first half, and App and having to put in a back up Quarterback because AE got crushed by the front 7 of LSU. By the second half the whole 2nd team offense will be playing just to give the starters some hope of healing up for the rest of their season.

There you go, I fixed the typo. xsmiley_wix

Still a long way to 2000.

Appstate29
July 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

glad you are on here to share your opinion. What are you hearing out of the LSU camp about the quarterback situation??

KiddBrewer
July 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM

i think i remember App's seniors this year, winning a NC during this streak without AE.....ala 2005.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 03:53 PM

If the whole front 7 can get to him at the same time, he should be crushedxrotatehx . But since no one realistically see's AE being tackled by more than 3 people at a time, he shouldn't be crushed per say.

But say he is crushed then the back up will come in and crush LSU's front 7xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 03:57 PM
xrolleyesx Truth = Prayer xcoolx

Prayer=Truth same as Truth=Prayer. Either way ASU's football team prays a lot so I expect to see some truth out there.

Geaux Tigers
July 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM
glad you are on here to share your opinion. What are you hearing out of the LSU camp about the quarterback situation??

Right now I am hearing that Hatch may be a little ahead of Lee. Hatch is older and more mobile with 4.5 40 speed, but Lee has a much stronger arm and more potential to improve.

I think in the first few games we will see both quarterbacks and that with some experience Lee will be the better QB, that is of course if Janzen Jackson doesn't get in there and take the position as a freshman. I have been hearing a lot of really good things about Jackson.

If App Defense is able to get into the backfield I think you will see more of Hatch in the game and I expect him to start, but if the QB is getting time in the pocket you will see Lee get plenty of snaps as well.

A lot of folks think Jackson will get a redshirt this year unless the other two guys can't get it done. I am looking forward to getting Russell Shephard on campus to compete with Jackson.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Right now I am hearing that Hatch may be a little ahead of Lee. Hatch is older and more mobile with 4.5 40 speed, but Lee has a much stronger arm and more potential to improve.

I think in the first few games we will see both quarterbacks and that with some experience Lee will be the better QB, that is of course if Janzen Jackson doesn't get in there and take the position as a freshman. I have been hearing a lot of really good things about Jackson.

If App Defense is able to get into the backfield I think you will see more of Hatch in the game and I expect him to start, but if the QB is getting time in the pocket you will see Lee get plenty of snaps as well.

A lot of folks think Jackson will get a redshirt this year unless the other two guys can't get it done. I am looking forward to getting Russell Shephard on campus to compete with Jackson.

App's front seven should be in the backfield everynow and then. I wouldn't expect many safety blitzes because of the north-south speed the SEC is so famous for. Someone will need to be back at all times.

Geaux Tigers
July 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Apparently Jime Rome was just talking about Les Miles saying "not to make too much of that game as it seems like a lot of teams in Louisiana beat that team," when talking about Alabama and the fact that UL-Monroe beat them.

Jim Rome apparently said:
"Les Miles is much more concerned with Appalachain State [than Alabama]. Those guys can actually play."

Thought you might like to catch it on the Rome is burning replay.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Apparently Jime Rome was just talking about Les Miles saying "not to make too much of that game as it seems like a lot of teams in Louisiana beat that team," when talking about Alabama and the fact that UL-Monroe beat them.

Jim Rome apparently said:
"Les Miles is much more concerned with Appalachain State [than Alabama]. Those guys can actually play."

Thought you might like to catch it on the Rome is burning replay.

Jim is also one of the most sarcastic people i've ever heard in my life.

Geaux Tigers
July 22nd, 2008, 04:31 PM
Jim is also one of the most sarcastic people i've ever heard in my life.

Yeah, but it is still funny and gets under the bama fans skin.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM

Touche'.

mountaineertider
July 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM

My dad heard that (UoA class of '78) and nearly threw a brick at the TV. He ended up throwing the hat he was wearing - the ASU hat that he borrowed and has never given back.

And I'd hope LSU is more worried about App than 'Bama - that game comes way before the other.

ericsaid
July 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
I have a feeling after this game Geaux Tigers will be an Appalachian State fan or follower.

McNeese75
July 22nd, 2008, 05:34 PM
Prayer=Truth same as Truth=Prayer. Either way ASU's football team prays a lot so I expect to see some truth out there.

OH I'm sure your gonna see some truth out there and probably a good dose of sobering reality xlolx

udchuck
July 22nd, 2008, 06:07 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Best laugh I've had in a long time.

Geaux Tigers
July 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
I have a feeling after this game Geaux Tigers will be an Appalachian State fan or follower.

As long as you guys are not playing LSU or McNeese I will pull for you. I am an LSU alum and my dad is a McNeese alum, and I grew up going to both of their games.

ericsaid
July 23rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
As long as you guys are not playing LSU or McNeese I will pull for you. I am an LSU alum and my dad is a McNeese alum, and I grew up going to both of their games.

I have yet to grow up, my dad went to Elon, brother went to App, and grandfather went to Michigan. Appalachian is my team as of right now and depending on where I go to school.

35-24xthumbsupx LSUxoopsx

Geaux Tigers
July 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Not much action here, did everyone give up on 2000 or will things pick up as we get closer to the game? SEC media days are going on right now, here is an article that came out today about LSU for anyone interested.
http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=2&c=771761

813Jag
July 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Not much action here, did everyone give up on 2000 or will things pick up as we get closer to the game? SEC media days are going on right now, here is an article that came out today about LSU for anyone interested.
The action will pick up here, really soon. Although this topic has gone strongly.

AshevilleApp2
July 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM

It's picked back up in recent weeks. Thanks for helping.

appfan2008
July 24th, 2008, 08:57 AM
ericsaid has turned it into his own private bashing lsu praise app thread!