PDA

View Full Version : LSU to play Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

lizrdgizrd
April 1st, 2008, 04:27 PM
Agree to disagree. I think the Big 10, top to bottom, is the strongest conference in the nation most years but most of the commentators seem to have an erection for the SEC. I've never been able to understand why.

# The SEC leads the Big Ten with a 65-46-2 all-time record.

# The SEC has a .584 winning percentage versus the Big Ten.
http://www.secsportsfan.com/bigtenseccomp.html

DaveK
April 2nd, 2008, 02:16 AM
http://www.secsportsfan.com/bigtenseccomp.html

How many years do you have to go back before the SEC has an advantage over the Big 10? They may have the edge all-time, but not so in recent years.

AppGrad06
April 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
How many years do you have to go back before the SEC has an advantage over the Big 10? They may have the edge all-time, but not so in recent years.

recent years? Have you been watching the same football games the rest of us have the past 2 years? Have you seen what happened Ohio State in the last 2 BCS championships? this past year there were 3 SEC-Big 10 bowl game match-ups, and Michigan came away with the only Big 10 win. Overall in the '07-08 bowl games the SEC won 7 of 9 and the Big 10 won just 3 of 8. In 06-07 the Big 10 won 2of 3 SEC-Big 10 bowl match-ups but those were their only 2 bowl wins out of 8. The SEC won 6 of their 9 bowl games.

Does not say Big 10 prowess to me. yes over the past to years the have been even in bowl games against each other, though OSU has gotten blown out in both championships, but general Big 10 bowl game performance has been piss pour where as the SEC has done fairly well in bowl games.

AshevilleApp2
April 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm a Big 10 fan, but I have to agree that in recent years the SEC has been better. It seems like this goes in cycles, and I expect the Big 10 programs to be stronger in the future.

AppGrad06
April 2nd, 2008, 10:55 AM
I'm a Big 10 fan, but I have to agree that in recent years the SEC has been better. It seems like this goes in cycles, and I expect the Big 10 programs to be stronger in the future.

who is the most hyped by the media tends to go in cycles too but there is always some lag, so as a conference is emerging at the top it takes a couple seasons for the hype to catch-up and then by that time the decline has usually already begun. Then they are over hyped for a while.

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
This century it's SEC 16-13 over Big 10. xwhistlex

ericsaid
April 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
The only way the Big Ten will get better is ultimately because of Rich Rodriguez going to Michigan. He will change the way the Big Ten schools recruit because his players will be ready for high tempo games that are fast paced, while all of the other Big Ten schools are expecting to still be playing hard nosed offense and defense with a minutes break between every play.

When the Big Ten starts recruiting for speed and not so much size, they will be the top dog again.

813Jag
April 2nd, 2008, 03:18 PM
The only way the Big Ten will get better is ultimately because of Rich Rodriguez going to Michigan. He will change the way the Big Ten schools recruit because his players will be ready for high tempo games that are fast paced, while all of the other Big Ten schools are expecting to still be playing hard nosed offense and defense with a minutes break between every play.

When the Big Ten starts recruiting for speed and not so much size, they will be the top dog again.
Unless they get arrested like at WVU. xlolx

lizrdgizrd
April 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM

Illinois already started this. Worked pretty well for them this season. xnodx

DaveK
April 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM
recent years? Have you been watching the same football games the rest of us have the past 2 years? Have you seen what happened Ohio State in the last 2 BCS championships? this past year there were 3 SEC-Big 10 bowl game match-ups, and Michigan came away with the only Big 10 win. Overall in the '07-08 bowl games the SEC won 7 of 9 and the Big 10 won just 3 of 8. In 06-07 the Big 10 won 2of 3 SEC-Big 10 bowl match-ups but those were their only 2 bowl wins out of 8. The SEC won 6 of their 9 bowl games.

Does not say Big 10 prowess to me. yes over the past to years the have been even in bowl games against each other, though OSU has gotten blown out in both championships, but general Big 10 bowl game performance has been piss pour where as the SEC has done fairly well in bowl games.

The last 18 Big 10 vs. SEC matchups are split right down the middle, 9-9. Not exactly the kind of SEC dominance that you would expect given all the kool-aid being served by SEC zealots. Both conferences annually place about 5 teams in the top 25 on average. You can make arguments for either conference being slightly better than the other, but there is no logical way that any rational and objective person would agree that the SEC is as vastly superior as they're portrayed to be by some. This is exactly why I hate the SEC so much.

AppStFan76
April 2nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/storage/paper868/news/2008/04/02/Sports/Junior.Qb.Allegedly.Involved.In.Incident-3297385.shtml

New RP development. When are they going to just kick him off the team? I doubt he would get this many chances at most other schools.

JohnStOnge
April 2nd, 2008, 07:54 PM
http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/storage/paper868/news/2008/04/02/Sports/Junior.Qb.Allegedly.Involved.In.Incident-3297385.shtml

New RP development. When are they going to just kick him off the team? I doubt he would get this many chances at most other schools.

I don't know what the heck's going on with him. I heard his high school coach on the radio saying that he was never any problem when in high school and was a model student and leader. If the story is true, and if I had to bet I'd bet that it is, I just don't understand how he could let himself get out of control like that given the circumstances and given the potential that his future holds. This guy is an incredible physical talent who could be looking at a whole lot of money if he can just get a grip on himself.

JohnStOnge
April 2nd, 2008, 08:01 PM

Go to http://www.nfl.com/draft/history?abbr=U and you can see NFL draft history by school. Over the most recent five NFL drafts, USC had 30 players drafted, Florida 28, and LSU 26. Ohio State had 39 taken. They had 10 taken in the first round. I'm not going to count again but I think USC had like 7, LSU the same, and Florida like 3.

Ohio State wouldn't be outperforming schools like USC, Florida, and LSU in the NFL draft if it didn't have speed. I don't know what their problem has been over the past two years in the BCS championship game. Maybe it's the fact that they had a longer layoff than the SEC champs have had. But it wasn't speed and athleticism.

AppStFan76
April 3rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Maybe Miles will let RP go, but I'll believe it when I see it!

McNeese72
April 3rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Maybe Miles will let RP go, but I'll believe it when I see it!

Don't be holding your breath waiting for it to happen, now! :)

Doc

HighRyder08
April 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
i will be very dissapointed in Miles if he does not let him go. a head coach should not want a player like that on his team....no matter how good he is

AppStFan76
April 3rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
i will be very dissapointed in Miles if he does not let him go. a head coach should not want a player like that on his team....no matter how good he is

Agreed. A QB is supposed to be a leader and he has shown, IMO, that he is a poor decision maker. There's no doubting his talent and ability on the fieldl and I think that given the situation the team is in reguarding depth at QB, he will remain on the team untill he is convicted of something and at that he may still be on the team.xnodx

AppGrad06
April 3rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
Agree to disagree. I think the Big 10, top to bottom, is the strongest conference in the nation most years but most of the commentators seem to have an erection for the SEC. I've never been able to understand why.

The last 18 Big 10 vs. SEC matchups are split right down the middle, 9-9. Not exactly the kind of SEC dominance that you would expect given all the kool-aid being served by SEC zealots. Both conferences annually place about 5 teams in the top 25 on average. You can make arguments for either conference being slightly better than the other, but there is no logical way that any rational and objective person would agree that the SEC is as vastly superior as they're portrayed to be by some. This is exactly why I hate the SEC so much.

Look Dave. you are the only one here making any claims of a conference being superior. I was simply refuting you unfounded and apparently hypocritical (b/c you doing the very thing you claim to hate) statement with actual facts. I don't not hold a strong allegiance to the SEC, as I have only been at UT for about 2 years know, and I am not claim the SEC is the best conference in the nation. Honestly it varies a lot more then the media or most fans admit. Anyway, this board is not about Big 10 vs SEC and I have no time for whiny hypocrites. So to you I say GOOD DAY.

DaveK
April 4th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Look Dave. you are the only one here making any claims of a conference being superior. I was simply refuting you unfounded and apparently hypocritical (b/c you doing the very thing you claim to hate) statement with actual facts. I don't not hold a strong allegiance to the SEC, as I have only been at UT for about 2 years know, and I am not claim the SEC is the best conference in the nation. Honestly it varies a lot more then the media or most fans admit. Anyway, this board is not about Big 10 vs SEC and I have no time for whiny hypocrites. So to you I say GOOD DAY.

I'm a Big 10 fan and I think that it is the strongest conference top to bottom, but at the same time I'm reasonable enough to concede that a case can be made for either of these two conferences being slightly better than the other. I think it is ludicrous for anybody to claim either one is vastly superior to the other, which many talking heads in the media seem to do in regards to the SEC. I think that conference is way overhyped, and therefore will be cheering very hard for App. State to beat LSU. That is neither whiny nor hypocritical.

813Jag
April 4th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Perriloux isn't going anywhere (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/17287464.html?showAll=y&c=y). Don't be surprised that's how it works at LSU.

AppStFan76
April 4th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Perriloux isn't going anywhere (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/17287464.html?showAll=y&c=y). Don't be surprised that's how it works at LSU.

I saw that this morning. He's on the team untill he shoots somebody I guess!:)

813Jag
April 4th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I saw that this morning. He's on the team untill he shoots somebody I guess!:)
If he shoots somebody from Ole Miss or Alabama then he's probably still good. xlolx

AppStFan76
April 4th, 2008, 07:48 AM
If he shoots somebody from Ole Miss or Alabama then he's probably still good. xlolx

Yeah, I think we could add UGA to that list too.xsmiley_wix

813Jag
April 4th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I think we could add UGA to that list too.xsmiley_wix
LSU fans don't really care about them. Somebody from Auburn orFlorida maybe. If you're old school he could pop somebody from Tulane.

Last year they gave out Tebow's cell phone number. xlolx

DLS
April 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM
why would he be going anywhere?

he yelled at a waitress. who hasnt done that?

McNeese75
April 4th, 2008, 09:13 AM
LSU fans don't really care about them. Somebody from Auburn orFlorida maybe. If you're old school he could pop somebody from Tulane.

Last year they gave out Tebow's cell phone number. xlolx

xlolx xbowx

813Jag
April 4th, 2008, 09:19 AM
xlolx xbowx
Growing up in Baton Rouge, you see and hear all kinds of LSU stuff.

DaveK
April 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM
why would he be going anywhere?

he yelled at a waitress. who hasnt done that?

Anybody with manners

Appinator
April 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Anybody with manners

Exactly, waiters/waitresses get enough crap from cooks and mangers. If RP did that, it doesn't surprise me. He sounds like an unremorseful kid who is only behaving and going to class because he realizes that his ticket to the NFL might not be issued.

I home Jacque Roman hits him right on his knee and ends his career. Then when he's waiting tables at some Red Lobster in back woods LA, he might get some of that humility he so desperately needs.

uofmman1122
April 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I home Jacque Roman hits him right on his knee and ends his career.Colossal jerk or not, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

AppStFan76
April 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
How would the people at the resturant even known who he was, unless he played the " dont you know who I am. I AM RYAN PERRILLOUX!! LSU QB!"

They should have never reinstated him, he seemed to be getting things together, before he was said to be back on the team.

I know that yelling at a waitress is not a big deal, it's the arrogance and poor descisions in the past that I think meritts a dismissal.

Bet ya Jerry Moore wouldnt put up with his crap!

DLS
April 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Exactly, waiters/waitresses get enough crap from cooks and mangers. If RP did that, it doesn't surprise me. He sounds like an unremorseful kid who is only behaving and going to class because he realizes that his ticket to the NFL might not be issued.

I home Jacque Roman hits him right on his knee and ends his career. Then when he's waiting tables at some Red Lobster in back woods LA, he might get some of that humility he so desperately needs.

I was both a cook and a waiter. its your job to deal with d-bags. what does that have to do with football? did he break a law?

813Jag
April 4th, 2008, 02:34 PM
How would the people at the resturant even known who he was, unless he played the " dont you know who I am. I AM RYAN PERRILLOUX!! LSU QB!"

They should have never reinstated him, he seemed to be getting things together, before he was said to be back on the team.

I know that yelling at a waitress is not a big deal, it's the arrogance and poor descisions in the past that I think meritts a dismissal.

Bet ya Jerry Moore wouldnt put up with his crap!
People in Baton Rouge know who he is. If that waitress didn't, then I can guarentee that 90% of the people did.

Appinator
April 4th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I was both a cook and a waiter. its your job to deal with d-bags. what does that have to do with football? did he break a law?

I was too, and yes you are right, it is your job to deal with "d-bags". I don't know about you, but I was pretty good at waiting tables, and even still there was always someone who thought you could be doing your job better. Now the way one would deliver this message really reflects the type of person they are. It's pretty evident that this kid took it to the next level and was out of line.

Where it pertains to football, is that he wouldn't be on LSU's campus if it were not for his scholarship that the good tax payers of the State of Louisiana help foot the bill for. As a result, he is a direct representative of the university and should act like it.

Some kids take the time to do good things with the time that they have as a result of having their schooling paid for. It looks like RP likes to give others who aren't so lucky a pretty rough time.

Appinator
April 4th, 2008, 03:13 PM

Colossal jerk or not, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Come on it's a joke. He does need to be put into place, you have to admit.

McNeese75
April 4th, 2008, 11:34 PM
He should have just gone on to UT(exas) with the rest of the future convicts:D

"Rimshot" for Texas State xlolx

SideLine Shooter
April 5th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Good God. How is this thread at 70 pages? xrotatehx xlolx

It is now @ 78. Everyone wants to hear about both NATIONAL CHAMPIONS and everything leading up to the BIG matchup on 8-30-08. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xrolleyesx

McNeese75
April 5th, 2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=395514

xrolleyesx

Me thinks Mr. Perrilloux will not be around for the first game this year.

(and that may not be a good thing ASU)

AppStFan76
April 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=395514

xrolleyesx

Me thinks Mr. Perrilloux will not be around for the first game this year.

(and that may not be a good thing ASU)

Please explain why you think that RP not being in the game would not be a good thing for App?

Appguy
April 10th, 2008, 12:43 PM
He could think that it would give them an excuse for poor play...
or he actually thinks Andrew Hatch ( Harvard transfer junior) or Jarrett Lee (redshirt Freshman) are better than RP.... yeaaa

AppStFan76
April 10th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I cant wait for this game!!!

With or without RP.

SoCon48
April 10th, 2008, 01:09 PM
He could think that it would give them an excuse for poor play...
or he actually thinks Andrew Hatch ( Harvard transfer junior) or Jarrett Lee (redshirt Freshman) are better than RP.... yeaaa

Who knows?... but even if they have someone they feel is better, starting first time for opening game should offset some of any perceived better talent he might possess. Not speaking of poise or jitters or anything of the sort, just not having a season or even part one's experience.
You have to excuse me; just looking for some little edge.xcoolx

jmu_duke07
April 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM

BTW... your quoted the wrong person. Tweeder didn't say that, Billy Bob did. Just throwing it out there xpeacex xthumbsupx

neersnbeers
April 10th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Great read on RP:
http://media.www.lsureveille.com/media/storage/paper868/news/2008/04/10/Opinion/Ryan-Perrilloux.Is.Our.Universitys.Britney.Spears-3315071.shtml

DLS
April 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
BTW... your quoted the wrong person. Tweeder didn't say that, Billy Bob did. Just throwing it out there xpeacex xthumbsupx

good catch

AppStFan76
April 10th, 2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/040408aah.html

CSTV pre-season poll has LSU at # 12.

I know pre-season polls are crap, but worth something other wise AGS wouldn't have one.

AlphaSigMD
April 10th, 2008, 03:48 PM
I certainly want R.P. in the game when ASU takes LSU apart in Baton Rouge. That way, there are NO excuses. They can't say they overlooked us, (Michigan's defense...even though there were a slew of articles leading up to the game where the players and coaches were both touting how they take it one week at a time and were preparing for us to the best of their ability.)...and if RP is on the field, they can't pull the old standard Carolina excuse (the only reason Duke beat us was because we didn't have[insert player] Ty lawson.....nevermind NOBODY ELSE beat us when we DIDN'T have [player] Ty Lawson.

This way, when we win in August, everyone will know that the top of the FCS can play with Anyone in the country.

udchuck
April 10th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I certainly want R.P. in the game when ASU takes LSU apart in Baton Rouge. That way, there are NO excuses. They can't say they overlooked us, (Michigan's defense...even though there were a slew of articles leading up to the game where the players and coaches were both touting how they take it one week at a time and were preparing for us to the best of their ability.)...and if RP is on the field, they can't pull the old standard Carolina excuse (the only reason Duke beat us was because we didn't have[insert player] Ty lawson.....nevermind NOBODY ELSE beat us when we DIDN'T have [player] Ty Lawson.

This way, when we win in August, everyone will know that the top of the FCS can play with Anyone in the country.

This is my vote for the funniest post of the year.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

muletrain
April 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Well said.......AlphaSig the only way anyone can gauge themselves is to compete against the very best. Potential injuries are the only downside to this ballgame. There are few other downsides and many possibilities of adding to the FCS respect factor. For that much $ I'd jump in the ring with Mike Tyson..........Few teams would have hope on any level, but no one can question App's heart. I think the entire FCS will prosper with the media attention and hype. Anybody else got that gut feeling?

AppGrad06
April 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM

you must be a Duke fanxrolleyesx

gvilleapp
April 11th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Now that we know the Labor Day date is out, has anyone heard anything about TV for the game on Saturday night? It would be sweet if it was on ESPN or ABC. If that game doesn't get national TV coverage, no game involving a FBS team outside the playoffs will ever be on national TV. Got to think there are plenty of interesting story lines for the networks.

Jerbearasu
April 11th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Well said.......AlphaSig the only way anyone can gauge themselves is to compete against the very best. Potential injuries are the only downside to this ballgame. There are few other downsides and many possibilities of adding to the FCS respect factor. For that much $ I'd jump in the ring with Mike Tyson..........Few teams would have hope on any level, but no one can question App's heart. I think the entire FCS will prosper with the media attention and hype. Anybody else got that gut feeling?

This isn't directed at you but it always bothers me when people suggest injuries are more prevelant when you play FBS teams. Their players might be on average a little bit bigger and stronger athletes but I don't think playing one game a year against those teams are going to kill guys at our level.

The only player I can remember getting injured in the last 10 years for App against an FBS team was Jermaine Little against LSU and that was just a freak accident (broken leg) on a kick return. I believe that most of the guys on our level (especially the upper echelon teams in our division) could compete and start for most FBS squads.

A lot of recruits at our level either fall through the cracks, develop late, or just want the opportunity to start right away rather than riding the pine for 3 years and hopefully be able to start by their senior season.

SoCon48
April 11th, 2008, 05:02 PM
This isn't directed at you but it always bothers me when people suggest injuries are more prevelant when you play FBS teams. Their players might be on average a little bit bigger and stronger athletes but I don't think playing one game a year against those teams are going to kill guys at our level.

The only player I can remember getting injured in the last 10 years for App against an FBS team was Jermaine Little against LSU and that was just a freak accident (broken leg) on a kick return. I believe that most of the guys on our level (especially the upper echelon teams in our division) could compete and start for most FBS squads.

A lot of recruits at our level either fall through the cracks, develop late, or just want the opportunity to start right away rather than riding the pine for 3 years and hopefully be able to start by their senior season.

Contrary to many peoples' beliefs, we had several players injured in the Michigan game. Some were bothered all season long from that encounter. KR played with fractured ribs for several games.
It was total misinfo that Armanti's most prominent, most troubling injury was suffered mainly in the Fan Fest scrimmage game from the takle while wearing the redshirt.
It was mid-season before we were back to near full strength and still had line positions filled by back-ups.

The NCSU game, the LSU game, Hawaii, et al all yielded significant injuries. We play lots of opponents on our level when we come off without noticeable injuries, but seldom face the big hogs and horses without some.
Injuries can happen in any game, but when you're outmanned 30-50 or more pounds, they're almost inevitible.
Think of it like this, Jerbear..how often do we get serious injuries vs the Mars Hill types or the L-R's on our schedule but how many of them do we see limping/carried off when we play them.

JohnStOnge
April 11th, 2008, 09:04 PM

Very unlikely Appalachian State is going to win. I know that was also the case prior to the Michigan game, but unlikely things do happen.

During App State's current 3 year I-AA/FCS championships run, the Moutaineers have gone 1-3 against BCS league teams. The average outcome has been the I-AA/FCS champ losing by 16 points.

That's actually not bad. It's certainly better than most who don't follow FCS would expect. But let's not get carried away.

Appaholic69
April 11th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Actually, let's allow the facts to speak for themselves. In the 2005 football season, APP's first championship season, we faced LSU. Now while we didn't score, we were able to hold LSU to only 24 points. Only one other non-ranked team was able to hold them to less, and that was Arkansas. Remember this was also accomplished with Richie Williams who isn't as mobile as Armanti.

So in the debate of who "CAN" win. Remember we have been there before, but now we "KNOW" it can be done.

Here is the 2005 schedule for evidence!

2005 Schedule
Overall Record: 11-2 SEC Record: 7-1 National Ranking: 6/5 SEC Ranking: 1W
Previous Season | Next Season
Season
Date Opponent LSU Rank Location (Arena) Results
Sat, Sep 10 #15 Arizona St. 5 at Tempe, Ariz. W, 35-31

Mon, Sep 26 #10 Tennessee 4 Baton Rouge, La. L, 27-30OT

Sat, Oct 01 #NR Mississippi St. 4 at Starkville, Miss. W, 37-7

Sat, Oct 08 #NR Vanderbilt 11 at Nashville, Tenn. W, 34-6

Sat, Oct 15 #11 Florida 10 Baton Rouge, La. W, 21-17

Sat, Oct 22 #16 Auburn 7 Baton Rouge, La. W, 20-17 OT

Sat, Oct 29 #NR North Texas 7 Baton Rouge, La. W, 56-3

Sat, Nov 05 #NR Appalachian St. 6 Baton Rouge, La. W, 24-0

Sat, Nov 12 #4 Alabama 5 at Tuscaloosa, Ala. W, 16-13 OT

Sat, Nov 19 #NR Ole Miss 4 at Oxford, Miss. W, 40-7

Fri, Nov 25 #NR Arkansas 3 Baton Rouge, La. W, 19-17

SEC Championship
Sat, Dec 03 #13 Georgia 3 at Atlanta, Ga. L, 14-34

2005 Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
Fri, Dec 30 #9 Miami (Fla.) 10 Atlanta, Ga. W, 40-3

jonmac
April 12th, 2008, 07:38 AM
We are not trying to get carried away. I think, as fans, we cannot be faulted for being blinded by that and thinking that we will and expecting to win. Does that mean we will? No. Will I be upset if we don't? Yes. I am upset everytime my team loses, expected or not. I was taught at an early age as a player, always expect to win, if not, why play? Was I disapointed a lot? Yes. It should only make sense that we, as fans, expect to win. I bet our players do. At least I hope so.

RadMann
April 12th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Can this thread be locked? This is way too many posts on one upcoming game.

JohnStOnge
April 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
What I'm talking about when I say "carried away" is the comment "when ASU takes LSU apart in Baton Rouge." That's a bit much.

SoCon48
April 12th, 2008, 10:23 AM
When it comes to the David-Goliath match-ups, wanting a win, not showing surprise with a win, hoping for a win, cheering for a winning effort, appreciating leaving it all on the field is one good concept.
Blaming the players and staff for not fulfilling our predictions is a diff story.

jonmac
April 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Can this thread be locked? This is way too many posts on one upcoming game.

Is that a reason to lock a thread? Who are you guys opening with? We can talk about that one too. And I'm not trying to be a smarty. Start a thread. We're just pretty darn excited about the game that's all.

And JSO, I agree with your assessment. Sorry I didn't catch your drift. I don't expect to tear them apart, would love to, but definately don't expect it. And I'm not really sure I expect to win but I will root that way and I fully expect that our players expect to win and will prepare to. After Michigan there is no such thing as preparing to make a good showing. I know many of you think I'm an idiot for thinking this way, but so be it. I would expect you guys to have the same attitude if it were you.

SideLine Shooter
April 12th, 2008, 06:56 PM
What I'm talking about when I say "carried away" is the comment "when ASU takes LSU apart in Baton Rouge." That's a bit much.

Sure is!!!! xthumbsupx

ericsaid
April 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
This thread I believe had turned into a chance for the "anti-ASU population", to take shots at the ego's and excitement of ASU supporters. This is another oppurtunity for not only App but for FCS to show the real power of FCS football. No matter how many people smack talk on ASU here they will be rooting for the come gameday.

McNeese_beat
April 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM

I have conflicted interest in this game. While not particularly an LSU fan by any stretch, I have found myself pulling for LSU during their surge to the top of college football in recent years because they represent what the state of Louisiana produces in high school football. I know LSU has become something of a national program (not to the extent of, say, a Notre Dame) but still the backbone of what they do are Louisiana kids like Dorsey, Doucet, Hester, etc. When I see LSU play, in a way, it's Louisiana's high school football and Louisiana's ability to develop players that's on trial.

So while I'd like to see an FCS pull off another shocker, I think I'd rather see LSU assertively say, "hey, there's a difference between the best of the midwest and the best of Louisiana — the best football state in the country..."

RadMann
April 13th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Is that a reason to lock a thread? Who are you guys opening with? We can talk about that one too. And I'm not trying to be a smarty. Start a thread. We're just pretty darn excited about the game that's all.

And JSO, I agree with your assessment. Sorry I didn't catch your drift. I don't expect to tear them apart, would love to, but definately don't expect it. And I'm not really sure I expect to win but I will root that way and I fully expect that our players expect to win and will prepare to. After Michigan there is no such thing as preparing to make a good showing. I know many of you think I'm an idiot for thinking this way, but so be it. I would expect you guys to have the same attitude if it were you.

The Terps is UD's opening game opponent.

JohnStOnge
April 13th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I have conflicted interest in this game.

Well...I live in the Baton Rouge metro area and both my kids will be students at LSU. This is one case where I'm going to be pulling for the FBS team.

I think what I'd like is pretty much what happened last time. LSU won by a comfortable margin and the outcome was never really in doubt but App State played respectably...more respectably than most non BCS non conference opponents do at Baton Rouge.

Jerbearasu
April 13th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I think what I'd like is pretty much what happened last time. LSU won by a comfortable margin and the outcome was never really in doubt but App State played respectably...more respectably than most non BCS non conference opponents do at Baton Rouge.

I agree but I would like to score this time!

jonmac
April 14th, 2008, 07:43 AM
The Terps is UD's opening game opponent.

Well, I sincerely hope you guys tear them apart. And I hope you guys are excited about the chance to take down an ACC/BCS team.xthumbsupx

DRocksDad
April 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I always root for the underdog when it comes to games I have no vested interest in. However, this game wont be close.

ericsaid
April 14th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I personally think UD should be more excited at the fact of playing Furman. App single handedly took down the CAA in the post season last year. I would think UD would want a little respect back from their championship game performance since this is another SoCon team.

LSU-35 ASU-24 I don't know how Maryland will be next year so i'll say Maryland wins by 10. As for McNeese and UNC, i'll say UNC by 14+

ericsaid
April 14th, 2008, 09:39 AM
What FBS team is JMU playing?

asu70
April 14th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I always root for the underdog when it comes to games I have no vested interest in. However, this game wont be close.

What's your definition of close?

SideLine Shooter
April 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM

You MIGHT very well be right. If you take everything into consideration it should not be close. (Scholarships, Financial Backing, Talent of recruits, Level at which both teams compete, Home Field and so on down the Line).xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

However, That is why you "strap it on, and Play The GAME". xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

ASK MICHIGAN!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx :)

McNeese75
April 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I personally think UD should be more excited at the fact of playing Furman. App single handedly took down the CAA in the post season last year. I would think UD would want a little respect back from their championship game performance since this is another SoCon team.

LSU-35 ASU-24 I don't know how Maryland will be next year so i'll say Maryland wins by 10. As for McNeese and UNC, i'll say UNC by 14+

Your LSU score looks about right (LSU that is) but I doubt ASU puts up 24 on them. I would consider a 14 pt loss at NC a good showing. The problem with these games is they can get away from the FCS team in a hurry when things start happening (usually late in the game when fatigue is taking its toll and the scholarship advantage comes into play.)

SideLine Shooter
April 14th, 2008, 10:53 AM

I hope you are right. With that being said I don't think it will be that close. McNeese State is finally playing some competition. Their schedule last year was pitiful. They played "the sisters of the poor" all year and ended up a seeded team in the playoffs. Give me a break! I had EWU wearing them out in the 1st round and they did. MS didn't play a ranked team all year and it caught up with them in the first round.

UNC has had some great recruiting classes with the new coach and he has something to prove.

UNC would NOT consider playing App ST. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

They made a BIG DEAL about scheduling FCS POWERHOUSE McNeese St.xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just like the TarHoles. Always blowing smoke up (you know where).xlolx xlolx xlolx

McNeese_beat
April 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I agree but I would like to score this time!

I think having Mr. Edwards on your team assures you points — unless that manimal Ricky Jean-Francois gets his hands on him early and kills him (probably the best way to block Ricky is by giving him a class to attend...).

McNeese72
April 14th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I think having Mr. Edwards on your team assures you points — unless that manimal Ricky Jean-Francois gets his hands on him early and kills him (probably the best way to block Ricky is by giving him a class to attend...).

LOL!! That, Gary, was funny (but probably true). xlolx

Doc

McNeese75
April 14th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I hope you are right. With that being said I don't think it will be that close. McNeese State is finally playing some competition. Their schedule last year was pitiful. They played "the sisters of the poor" all year and ended up a seeded team in the playoffs. Give me a break! I had EWU wearing them out in the 1st round and they did. MS didn't play a ranked team all year and it caught up with them in the first round.

UNC has had some great recruiting classes with the new coach and he has something to prove.

UNC would NOT consider playing App ST. xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

They made a BIG DEAL about scheduling FCS POWERHOUSE McNeese St.xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just like the TarHoles. Always blowing smoke up (you know where).xlolx xlolx xlolx

xrolleyesx

Big Whoppee, LSU would not consider playing McNeese so what is your point?

You act like ASU has been playing powerhouse FBS teams every year xrotatehx. The Michigan game was epic last year but before that what had they done (besides holding LSU to a 24-0 win). McNeese has played their share of strong FBS teams and taken it on the chin just like ASU had before last year.

SoCon48
April 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM
xrolleyesx

You act like ASU has been playing powerhouse FBS teams every year xrotatehx. The Michigan game was epic last year but before that what had they done (besides holding LSU to a 24-0 win). McNeese has played their share of strong FBS teams and taken it on the chin just like ASU had before last year.

Stong? Maybe, maybe not. But decent FBS teams...for a long time. Like all the way back to 1971.
Auburn..came within a dropped pass of beating them and had the lead until last 58 seconds. Not exactly the chin on the chin. But a loss.
Played Wake 21 times starting the year fresh out of NAIA. Won a third of them..all at Wake with ACC refs.
Played North Carolina State close several times.
Clemson.several times
University of South Carolina when they were bowl bound in the days when there were real bowls, not pizza and tire bowls. Beat them in front of 80K fans.
Virginia Tech.
ECU
Hawaii
Wyoming
LSU

AshevilleApp2
April 14th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Stong? Maybe, maybe not. But decent FBS teams...for a long time. Like all the way back to 1971.
Auburn..came within a dropped pass of beating them and had the lead until last 58 seconds. Not exactly the chin on the chin. But a loss.
Played Wake 21 times starting the year fresh out of NAIA. Won a third of them..all at Wake with ACC refs.
Played North Carolina State close several times.
Clemson.several times
University of South Carolina when they were bowl bound in the days when there were real bowls, not pizza and tire bowls. Beat them in front of 80K fans.
Virginia Tech.
ECU
Hawaii
Wyoming
LSU

Did we really beat South Carolina?

The Moody1
April 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM

We beat them in 1975. The final was 39-34 Apps.

SoCon48
April 15th, 2008, 10:05 AM

Beat USC, Wake and ECU the same year.

DRocksDad
April 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Beat USC, Wake and ECU the same year.

There is only one USC and it ain't the one with the ex-two-faced-racist congressman with the illegitimate bi-racial child.

bustingnut
April 15th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Cheap shot. The man is dead, he'll have already answered for his sins, worry about your own.

appsfan
April 15th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I guess it depends on whether you have a Left Coast or an East Coast bias. In these parts USC refers to the school in South Carolina; SC refers to the school in la la land ...

SideLine Shooter
April 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
There is only one USC and it ain't the one with the ex-two-faced-racist congressman with the illegitimate bi-racial child.

I beleive the new kid got ATTITUDE!!!!xnodx

Appaholic
April 15th, 2008, 09:12 PM
xrolleyesx

I guess the point is we scheduled an FBS team....and won.....and won our division's National Championship.....like you said, McNeese has been scheduling strong FBS teams and taking it on the chin while at the same time, continuing to take it on the chin when you play FCS power teams.........I guess blue and yellow does make green.....xwhistlex

Saint3333
April 15th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I guess it depends on whether you have a Left Coast or an East Coast bias. In these parts USC refers to the school in South Carolina; SC refers to the school in la la land ...

Both of my brother-in-laws went to South Carolina and I give them a hard time about this.

South Carolina is the only state where you hear someone say "Carolina" or "USC" and think of the Gamecocks, the other 49 states people think of UNC-CH and Southern Cal.

McNeese75
April 15th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I guess the point is we scheduled an FBS team....and won.....and won our division's National Championship.....like you said, McNeese has been scheduling strong FBS teams and taking it on the chin while at the same time, continuing to take it on the chin when you play FCS power teams.........I guess blue and yellow does make green.....xwhistlex

xcoffeex

AppStFan76
April 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Just in case anyone forgot App was playing LSU.

Oh yeah and we beat Michigan too!

AshevilleApp2
April 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Keep 'em coming folks. Only 1,200 more to go!

SideLine Shooter
Just in case anyone forgot App was playing LSU.

Oh yeah and we beat Michigan too!

Man, I almost forgot. Thanks, I believe I'll go watch my 4-DVD set again. I haven't watched it today yet.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

CharlestonAppFan
don't forget to mention that we are playing Wofford on Halloween night on ESPN 2 xthumbsupx

SideLine Shooter
April 28th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Keep 'em coming folks. Only 1,200 more to go!

ROCK 'N ROLL!!!!!!!!!xhurrayx xhurrayx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbabycryx xshakingmadx xhypedx xdizzyx

uofmman1122
April 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
ROCK 'N ROLL!!!!!!!!!xhurrayx xhurrayx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbabycryx xshakingmadx xhypedx xdizzyxWhen did you become such a smiley whore? xlolx

stevdock
April 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Don't forget that we won't be playing you again this year cause you chickened out of the game:) Unfortunately for you guys this year you will be chickening out of the Championship game:) I'm kidding:)

asu70
April 29th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Man, I almost forgot. Thanks, I believe I'll go watch my 4-DVD set again. I haven't watched it today yet.xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Got my DVD set last week and it's great.

biggie
April 29th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Got my DVD set last week and it's great.
Ordered mine last week (with the poster), not here yet, but looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to the LSU game, but still not the 14-15hr drive.

asu70
April 29th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Ordered mine last week (with the poster), not here yet, but looking forward to it.

Have rooms booked for a 6 day trip in Baton Rouge and NO with the main attraction being the LSU game.

biggie
April 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Have rooms booked for a 6 day trip in Baton Rouge and NO with the main attraction being the LSU game.
Yeah, I've got family in Lafayette so will be staying there. Going down Thursday and probably hitting up NO Friday. I haven't been down there since '01 and that was in August as well, I didn't want to leave the A/C.

dasjamin
April 29th, 2008, 09:12 PM
i can't wait to see the defending fcs champ vs the defending fbs champ. It's just an offseason to late.

FormerPokeCenter
April 29th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I've got family in Lafayette so will be staying there. Going down Thursday and probably hitting up NO Friday. I haven't been down there since '01 and that was in August as well, I didn't want to leave the A/C.

If you haven't been to New Orleans since Katrina, be sure to allow some time to drive through the Lower 9th Ward, New Orleans east and Chalmette to check out the satus of the Levee Repairs and the rebuilding efforts...

appfan2008
April 30th, 2008, 08:25 AM
my bad for being a naive asu fan but did i hear correctly that this game will be on espn?

SideLine Shooter
April 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM

Fly it in 2 or less..xcoolx

SideLine Shooter
April 30th, 2008, 09:30 AM
When did you become such a smiley whore? xlolx

When it is getting closer to THE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xcoolx :D

uofmman1122
April 30th, 2008, 03:17 PM
When it is getting closer to THE FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xcoolx :DOHxsmiley_wix:(xconfusedxxlolxxsmhxxsmhx:pxconfu sedx MYxbowxxbowxxwhistlexxnonono2xxrulesxxeyebrowxxani m_chaixxbandwagonxxpopcornxxdeadhorsex GODxbabycryxxdizzyxxmadxxmadxxreadxxwhistlexxthumb supx:)xlolxxsmhx FOOTBALL xpeacexxlolxxshhhxxprayxxthumbsdownxxscanxxxmasxxv iolinxxbdayxxbandwagonx SEASON!?!

LehighFan11
May 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
yes perrilloux finally get kicked off LSU's team...took them long enough

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3378148

GO APP

Franks Tanks
May 2nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
yes perrilloux finally get kicked off LSU's team...took them long enough

GO APP

I guess this means he will be transfering to Delaware xlolx

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 08:50 AM
So is the kid from Harvard going to get the nod? Or do they have a freshman stud waiting in the wings?

AppAlum2003
May 2nd, 2008, 09:00 AM
I was hoping Perrilloux would play. No excuses from LSU if the game is close or, BCS forbid, App pulls out the upset.

LehighFan11
May 2nd, 2008, 09:11 AM
LSU would make excuses no matter what

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
I was hoping Perrilloux would play. No excuses from LSU if the game is close or, BCS forbid, App pulls out the upset.

You can't make excuses for your qb being an idiot and getting kicked off the team. I don't care if their entire team is hurt I won't listen to their excuses just like they won't listen to ours. "A win is a win is a win" VL

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM
The question is though where does Perillioux end up?

GSU? I think it will be very interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. Schools will take a chance on this kid.

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 10:08 AM

Hatch or Lee will do OK. They had all spring to get all the reps while Perilloux was suspended, put up points in the Spring game in front of 35K+ fans and have all Fall practice to get ready.

They have no valid excuses. I'm just wanting to see their running backs lay the ball down for us a couple times. One of them had trouble hanging on to the pig in the spring game.

But we already know who'll be the best QB on the field that night.

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Right now, from my point of view, we can expect to see the next Matt Flynn, instead of the next JaMarcus Russell.

Flynn did OK if everyone can remember, and I don't think they will be hurting for talent at all.

Note to everyone: please do not say that we should now be favored by any means to save any and all respect that you might have accumulated through posting on an internet site....

Shout out to RP, thanks for breathing life back into the chances of this thread reaching 2000

AppStFan76
May 2nd, 2008, 12:28 PM

Drugs?!

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Right now, from my point of view, we can expect to see the next Matt Flynn, instead of the next JaMarcus Russell.

Flynn did OK if everyone can remember, and I don't think they will be hurting for talent at all.

Note to everyone: please do not say that we should now be favored by any means to save any and all respect that you might have accumulated through posting on an internet site....

Shout out to RP, thanks for breathing life back into the chances of this thread reaching 2000

Favored ????? Heck,ASU would not be favored if LSU started all the freshman on the Team.xwhistlex xlolx xcoolx
This should help your 2000.

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
Favored ????? Heck,ASU would not be favored if LSU started all the freshman on the Team.xwhistlex xlolx xcoolx

Funny how the least reputable person and biggest a$$ on AGS would comment. Thanks ud***** for your insight

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Funny how the least reputable person and biggest a$$ on AGS would comment. Thanks ud***** for your insight

Your quite welcome,xlolx Come fall you will see what I mean.You guys have had inflated Dreams all year because of that Upset of Michigan,fine and dandy,dream on, but it has no bearing on my reputation or the size of my Butt. LOL--BTW My belly is big also.darn it.

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Your quite welcome,xlolx Come fall you will see what I mean.You guys have had inflated Dreams all year because of that Upset of Michigan,fine and dandy,dream on, but it has no bearing on my reputation or the size of my Butt. LOL--BTW My belly is big also.darn it.

Could you please quote me where I said "we are going to win" or anything similar? I think the game will be competitive, just like all our FBS games are. I HOPE we win, as any fan would, but think I have been as fair and balanced as possible.

You are the one that likes to post comments to get people offended, please post reasoned opinions only. Thanks

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Could you please quote me where I said "we are going to win" or anything similar? I think the game will be competitive, just like all our FBS games are. I HOPE we win, as any fan would, but think I have been as fair and balanced as possible.

You are the one that likes to post comments to get people offended, please post reasoned opinions only. Thanks

In the first place I was not quoting YOU,personally .I was talking of APPY fans in general.The only one taking it personal is you.this is why you attacked me personally.But thats OK,I can take it.
I don't post to offend anyone,I post what I feel ,----In this case I THINK LSU will beat ASU to a pulp.If this offends you,too bad.I still am entitled to an opinion on this public forum.xpeacex xcoolx BTW--# 862 and counting.LOL

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
In the first place I was not quoting YOU,personally .I was talking of APPY fans in general.The only one taking it personal is you.this is why you attacked me personally.But thats OK,I can take it.
I don't post to offend anyone,I post what I feel ,----In this case I THINK LSU will beat ASU to a pulp.If this offends you,too bad.I still am entitled to an opinion on this public forum.xpeacex xcoolx BTW--# 862 and counting.LOL

Could you attach a score or margin to: ,----In this case I THINK LSU will beat ASU to a pulp.

If 14-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter or 24-0 final is beating to a pulp, then maybe so. That's the way it was last time ASU visited the Bayou, ya know.

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 02:56 PM
I don't post to offend anyone,I post what I feel ,----In this case I THINK LSU will beat ASU to a pulp.If this offends you,too bad.I still am entitled to an opinion on this public forum.xpeacex xcoolx

So why is that? Do you think that any FCS team would fair well against the Tigers?

If no, then you are pretty much degrading the entire division into some step-child role where there is just "no chance" for any of us to compete with upper-echelon institutions. If yes, then talk about that.

Don't take every mention of Appalachian State University as an opportunity to talk bad it, that's what I, and others, take offense to.

App will probably lose a close game, Dayton is a team that would get beaten to a pulp.

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Could you attach a score or margin to: ,----In this case I THINK LSU will beat ASU to a pulp.

If 14-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter or 24-0 final is beating to a pulp, then maybe so. That's the way it was last time ASU visited the Bayou, ya know.

He has, Chuck and I have a side bet going on the game. It was established back in the infancy of this long winded thread.

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
So why is that? Do you think that any FCS team would fair well against the Tigers?

If no, then you are pretty much degrading the entire division into some step-child role where there is just "no chance" for any of us to compete with upper-echelon institutions. If yes, then talk about that.

Don't take every mention of Appalachian State University as an opportunity to talk bad it, that's what I, and others, take offense to.

App will probably lose a close game, Dayton is a team that would get beaten to a pulp.

xlolx xlolx xlolx Don't try to compare apples to oranges,Dayton is a NON Scolly football School and has very little chance against (very few) full scolly teams,even though we beat UAlbany and Fordham last year. Yes I would think LSU would beat Dayton,pretty badly.
Other than trying to compare Dayton to LSU, competition wise,Your post is pure redirect.and your trying to put words in my mouth.I'm talking ASU/LSU game only.I have No interest in other FCS or any other (upper-echelon) institutions you refer to.;) Unless I have money on them.xoopsx

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
He has, Chuck and I have a side bet going on the game. It was established back in the infancy of this long winded thread.

You tell'um TY,Hopefully when we get closer to game time We can make some kind of Monetary Wager.----After we see what the Line is on this ( Game )xwhistlex After all I lost my Hotshot QB. xlolx xwhistlex Due to stupity.xrolleyesx

# 867 and counting. LOL

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
You tell'um TY,Hopefully when we get closer to game time We can make some kind of Monetary Wager.----After we see what the Line is on this ( Game )xwhistlex After all I lost my Hotshot QB. xlolx xwhistlex Due to stupity.xrolleyesx

What can I say I like my odds

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 03:45 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx Don't try to compare apples to oranges,Dayton is a NON Scolly football School and has very little chance against (very few) full scolly teams,even though we beat UAlbany and Fordham last year. Yes I would think LSU would beat Dayton,pretty badly.
Other than trying to compare Dayton to LSU, competition wise,Your post is pure redirect.and your trying to put words in my mouth.I'm talking ASU/LSU game only.I have No interest in other FCS or any other (upper-echelon) institutions you refer to.;) Unless I have money on them.xoopsx

Exactly, you have no interest in any other FCS institution other than to post how badly ONE is going to do.

Post relevant football information and insight backed with facts, and if that befuddles you entirely, stick to the smack board.

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
What can I say I like my odds

:( :( :( ---xlolx

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Exactly, you have no interest in any other FCS institution other than to post how badly ONE is going to do.

Post relevant football information and insight backed with facts, and if that befuddles you entirely, stick to the smack board.

My good man,??Go out and get a Life OK. You absolutely make no sense. Also return when you grow up. The more you post the more stupid you sound. At this point I figure you're about 8 years Old,?

Touchdown Yosef
May 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
:( :( :( ---xlolx

I have to say the Appinator has a point you never do seem to back up any of your claims with any kind of reasoning what so ever. Your statements seem to be generated by some by some deep down resentment of Appalachian. I supose that you are not required to give any sound reasoning, every man is entitled to his opinion and we obviously are both willing to stand behind ours. Either way it should be fun.

If any of you are interested here is where the bet origionates from.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37416&page=4

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
My good man,??Go out and get a Life OK. You absolutely make no sense. Also return when you grow up. The more you post the more stupid you sound. At this point I figure you're about 8 years Old,?

Did you even go to college? You are as cool as AIDS

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I have to say the Appinator has a point you never do seem to back up any of your claims with any kind of reasoning what so ever. Your statements seem to be generated by some by some deep down resentment of Appalachian. I supose that you are not required to give any sound reasoning, every man is entitled to his opinion and we obviously are both willing to stand behind ours. Either way it should be fun.

OK ,
I really don't have the time But,I'll try .
Last year when Appy beat Mich.I was at a Dayton game with my family,also a good amount of OSU fans.We were listening to that game,and loved the fact that Mich got beat. xthumbsupx we loved it.But since then you fans at ASU think you're world beaters.If Mich would have won that game Appy State would be back to obscurity( for you appinator, that means not well known) since then thats all I read Appy can beat anyone.after a while it gets old. In the case of College and Pro Football I look at the games as a Betting tool,mostly. I try not to attach myself to any one team. I love the fact that Dayton has no betting forum. If and when I make a wager on a game I may love a team one week then hate them the next week.xrolleyesx And when I handicap a game you can bet your bottom dollar I have reasoning for the teams in question.--So you see I have no love or hate for ASU.or any other Team,but I spend most of my day reading about most schools,gathering as much Info as I can. Need I say more??xcoolx

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM

Appinator has no point,his statements are like spaghetti.xcoolx

Appinator
May 2nd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Appinator has no point,his statements are like spaghetti.xcoolx

Spaghetti has two points, one on each end.

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM

The way the rhetoric is sounding, you might best get someone to hold the money.

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM

Especially before it's cooked!

SoCon48
May 2nd, 2008, 07:36 PM
OK ,
...............we loved it.But since then you fans at ASU think you're world beaters.If Mich would have won that game Appy State would be back to obscurity( for you appinator, that means not well known) ........??xcoolx

Except to those who follow college football even a little bit. Some pub was generated for App by virtue of winning its 3rd consecutive FCS national Championship.xrulesx

Now we back in the hills of NC realize that to some our Mountaineers are just an obscure mountain college football program. But of course everybody has heard of the Dayton Flowers.;)

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
The way the rhetoric is sounding, you might best get someone to hold the money.

No Money is wagered.xthumbsupx

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
Except to those who follow college football even a little bit. Some pub was generated for App by virtue of winning its 3rd consecutive FCS national Championship.xrulesx

Now we back in the hills of NC realize that to some our Mountaineers are just an obscure mountain college football program. But of course everybody has heard of the Dayton Flowers.;)

Wow,that was funny,xlolx xlolx xlolx Mountain Man,pat yourself on your back for that funny post.xbowx xbowx Actually, if you came down from those mountains and went to the big city you would know about Dayton .LOL--- # 881 and counting

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 10:05 PM
BTW, If you don't mind pick on me if you want,I don't care.--Just to let you know I just happen to know someone who goes to College there.I did not attend Dayton,I'm just a fan because of a friend. So you can blast me if you want, but I ask for a little class as far as the school is concerned. xbowx

udchuck
May 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM

Wow,Smart Post.xrolleyesx You must be smarter than a 5th grader.xlolx

Appaholic
May 2nd, 2008, 10:44 PM
I guess this means he will be transfering to Delaware xlolx

....or somewhere within the borders of Montana.......xwhistlex

Actually, sounds like he could be a Citadel man......

ericsaid
May 3rd, 2008, 10:43 AM

The funny thing is, he was comparing how badly App would get beat by LSU, and then how bad Dayton would, which intern is comparing App and UD so it isn't redirect and maybe app will schedule dayton next year? then dayton can experience the rath of armanti edwards.xrulesx

SideLine Shooter
May 3rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
OHxsmiley_wix:(xconfusedxxlolxxsmhxxsmhx:pxconfuse dx MYxbowxxbowxxwhistlexxnonono2xxrulesxxeyebrowxxani m_chaixxbandwagonxxpopcornxxdeadhorsex GODxbabycryxxdizzyxxmadxxmadxxreadxxwhistlexxthumb supx:)xlolxxsmhx FOOTBALL xpeacexxlolxxshhhxxprayxxthumbsdownxxscanxxxmasxxv iolinxxbdayxxbandwagonx SEASON!?!

You might need to see a dr. Looks like you might have that Hung Chow Disease.xnodx xnodx xnodx :( xsmhx xrotatehx xconfusedx xconfusedx xtwocentsx xbangx xliarx xsplatx xbeerchugx xnutsx xazzx xazzx xazzx

udchuck
May 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM
The funny thing is, he was comparing how badly App would get beat by LSU, and then how bad Dayton would, which intern is comparing App and UD so it isn't redirect and maybe app will schedule dayton next year? then dayton can experience the rath of armanti edwards.xrulesx

What the hell are you talking about ????You two idiots from APPY State ( ericsaid and Appinator it's a tossup who is the most ridiculous), come up with more crap then a Horse Farm. Your last post is by far the dumbest of them all. You dumbhead, Dayton is a Non scolly team,not meant to compete on the level of LSU.Go find someone else to spread your crap to. xmadx LETS face it APPY will get there butts handed to them by LSU PERIOD.keep Dayton out of this STUPID discussion.
In the first place I don't go to Dayton, did not ever go to Dayton,I am only a Fan of Dayton because of a friend that has a Son that is a student there. So I don't give a rats A$$ who they play.If you noticed I deleted most of my Posts because You Dumbheads are taking stupid shots at the College. Do me a favor Please put me on your Ignore list.xpeacex

uofmman1122
May 3rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
What the hell are you talking about ????You two idiots from APPY State ( ericsaid and Appinator it's a tossup who is the most ridiculous), come up with more crap then a Horse Farm. Your last post is by far the dumbest of them all. You dumbhead, Dayton is a Non scolly team,not meant to compete on the level of LSU.Go find someone else to spread your crap to. xmadx LETS face it APPY will get there butts handed to them by LSU PERIOD.keep Dayton out of this STUPID discussion.
In the first place I don't go to Dayton, did not ever go to Dayton,I am only a Fan of Dayton because of a friend that has a Son that is a student there. So I don't give a rats A$$ who they play.If you noticed I deleted most of my Posts because You Dumbheads are taking stupid shots at the College. Do me a favor Please put me on your Ignore list.xpeacexI don't really like App, and them winning against LSU would make me insanely jealous....I'm just being honest, but your posts really make me wish they would win. Never count a team out. Ever.

Appinator
May 3rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
In the first place I don't go to Dayton, did not ever go to Dayton,I am only a Fan of Dayton because of a friend that has a Son that is a student there. So I don't give a rats A$$ who they play.If you noticed I deleted most of my Posts because You Dumbheads are taking stupid shots at the College. Do me a favor Please put me on your Ignore list.xpeacex

Asinine

At least capitalize and properly space your insults. You would think after going back and changing them multiple times, you could catch these types of things. You, sir, are the one who looks like a "Dumb-head".

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Asinine

At least capitalize and properly space your insults. You would think after going back and changing them multiple times, you could catch these types of things. You, sir, are the one who looks like a "Dumb-head".

xlolx xlolx Hea,Tanks fur da grammerr lessen,me tinks after i graaduated fum da 1st grade i wood have learned sumting.xlolx xlolx
BTW,After looking through some of the posts, half the posters can't spell a lick.but I stand corrected.I didn't realize we were being graded.xbawlingx

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 05:20 AM
I don't really like App, and them winning against LSU would make me insanely jealous....I'm just being honest, but your posts really make me wish they would win. Never count a team out. Ever.

To be honest,I really don't care who wins the game,however you are right you can't count out ANY team. I'm just having a little fun with the two knuckleheads from APPY. I see one is a college professor.xwhistlex

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 05:34 AM

That seems to be a realistic score,or maybe something like 38-7 LSU

GGASU
May 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I had predicted ASU 34-27.

Now that LSU has suspended RP, I don't see the Tigers keeping it within single digits.

The thing that I am most concerned about is to remember to disguise my car after tailgating all day. I would hate to come back to the parking lot to see it destroyed by a bunch of pissed off tiger fans. xthumbsupx

mountaineertider
May 4th, 2008, 12:09 PM
That seems to be a realistic score,or maybe something like 38-7 LSU

Would you like to make a wager on that?

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM

Now that LSU has suspended RP, I don't see the Tigers keeping it within single digits.

The thing that I am most concerned about is to remember to disguise my car after tailgating all day. I would hate to come back to the parking lot to see it destroyed by a bunch of pissed off tiger fans. xthumbsupx

Good point,Both of them.xcoolx However,don't be TOOOOOOOOO disappointed if you have the wrong winner.

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Would you like to make a wager on that?

Yea,I will have a wager on the game,You can bet your bottom dollar on that.xthumbsupx

mountaineertider
May 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yea,I will have a wager on the game,You can bet your bottom dollar on that.xthumbsupx

If you're gonna me a line that says LSU by 31, I think I may sport a Dayton avatar & signature for a couple weeks if LSU wins more than that. If App beats the line, you do the same for a couple of weeks.

Whatcha say?

AppStFan76
May 4th, 2008, 07:10 PM
If you're gonna me a line that says LSU by 31, I think I may sport a Dayton avatar & signature for a couple weeks if LSU wins more than that. If App beats the line, you do the same for a couple of weeks.

Whatcha say?

I'd say all the app fans on hear would take that bet!!

I know I wouldxnodx xthumbsupx

ericsaid
May 4th, 2008, 07:16 PM

Buy a car for a couple hundred dollars and drive down there, that way you don't have to worry about losing too much money when it is destroyed after App beats them.

McNeese75
May 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
LSU is going to be a better "TEAM" without the RP circus going on. I still do not see any way ASU stays within 3 TD's in this game but we shall see xnodx

wkuhillhound
May 4th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Michigan who?

LS who?

It's possible.

SideLine Shooter
May 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
LSU is going to be a better "TEAM" without the RP circus going on. I still do not see any way ASU stays within 3 TD's in this game but we shall see xnodx

What's the big deal? ASU should not stay within 3 TD's of LSU. It is not supposed to happen. Why is everybody so worried about ASU-LSU. It is a game. The two schools will meet on the football field on Aug. 30 and play a game. Probably the best team will win. The best team should win. The team with the most scholarships, bigger players, home field, and many, many, more advantages should win the game. So quit trying to justify why LSU will win the game. They should and I expect them to win. I am just going to enjoy it for what it is - a College football game between two great football teams from their respective classifications.xnodx xnodx

Besides, LSU is or may be the greatest atmosphere in the country for college football..xthumbsupx xnodx xthumbsupx xnodx xbowx xbowx

But, then you have the intangibles..xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xcoolx xeyebrowx

McNeese75
May 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
What's the big deal? ASU should not stay within 3 TD's of LSU. It is not supposed to happen. Why is everybody so worried about ASU-LSU. It is a game. The two schools will meet on the football field on Aug. 30 and play a game. Probably the best team will win. The best team should win. The team with the most scholarships, bigger players, home field, and many, many, more advantages should win the game. So quit trying to justify why LSU will win the game. They should and I expect them to win. I am just going to enjoy it for what it is - a College football game between two great football teams from their respective classifications.xnodx xnodx

Besides, LSU is or may be the greatest atmosphere in the country for college football..xthumbsupx xnodx xthumbsupx xnodx xbowx xbowx

xrolleyesx I'm not trying to justify anything. My comment was in response to GGASU's. xcoffeex

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Now this a post worth reading.xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

udchuck
May 4th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Whatcha say?

Just so happens I have that exact bet with another gentleman.xthumbsupx What do you want me to do have 6 avatars under my name.??

mountaineertider
May 5th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Just so happens I have that exact bet with another gentleman.xthumbsupx What do you want me to do have 6 avatars under my name.??

Oh no, one will be enough.

udchuck
May 5th, 2008, 11:26 AM

xlolx Ask the fans of UAlbany about the Rose Patch in Dayton.I think it was 42 roses to 21 stink weeds.---Do you grow flowers in the Mountains ??xrolleyesx

OB55
May 5th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Rumors of Ryan Perrilloux's short list of possible transfer wishes includes FCS teams Alabama State, Jackson State, and Appalachian State. xeekx

D-II Defending champion Valdosta State has also been rumored.

Touchdown Yosef
May 5th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Rumors of Ryan Perrilloux's short list of possible transfer wishes includes FCS teams Alabama State, Jackson State, and Appalachian State. xeekx

I would hope that is a joke OB. I can't speak for the coaches but it would be my assumption that we wouldn't even look at this kid based on his record. Second we really don't have the need for him. We've got a great QB and I don't see him wanting to go to one of the few FCS schools that he wouldn't be the obvious number 1 qb the second he set foot on campus.

I am still interested to see where he ends up I just serously doubt it will be at Appalachian.

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 01:20 PM

He had better keep dreaming if he thinks he's coming to App St. I dont think Jerry Moore would consider him for 1 second. The kid from UT had less baggage and it's still up in the air as to whether or not he's oing to be playing.

OB55
May 5th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I would hope that is a joke OB. I can't speak for the coaches but it would be my assumption that we wouldn't even look at this kid based on his record. Second we really don't have the need for him. We've got a great QB and I don't see him wanting to go to one of the few FCS schools that he wouldn't be the obvious number 1 qb the second he set foot on campus.

I am still interested to see where he ends up I just serously doubt it will be at Appalachian.

Read these schools off the D-II board, can't find any article that speaks of his preferences. It would be quite silly for him to expect to come to Appy and play much this year. I really do not know how many years eligibility he would have left.

AppAlum2003
May 5th, 2008, 01:43 PM
On Saturday afternoon, I was watching ESPNEWS and I believe it was Joe Schad (I could be wrong) that said RP was considering 3 or 4 FCS schools. He said that App St was one of RP's choices, but "that's not going to happen. They've already got a good QB."

Edit: The video is on the main CFB page - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/index - he also mentions Alabama St and Delaware.

Touchdown Yosef
May 5th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Read these schools off the D-II board, can't find any article that speaks of his preferences. It would be quite silly for him to expect to come to Appy and play much this year. I really do not know how many years eligibility he would have left.

Gotcha, I supose I'll take it as a compliment then that he recognizes our program and would want to be a part of a winning tradition. In reality what he wants and where he'll eventially end up may be two very different places.

McNeese75
May 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Gotcha, I supose I'll take it as a compliment then that he recognizes our program and would want to be a part of a winning tradition. In reality what he wants and where he'll eventially end up may be two very different places.

xnodx No matter what his preferences are, I imagine his options are going to be fairly limited.

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
900 posts keep it up!xthumbsupx

Only 1100 more to go!xsmiley_wix

AppStFan76
May 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
xnodx No matter what his preferences are, I imagine his options are going to be fairly limited.

Agreed, I think he'll be at a school that desperatly needs a qb. Lucky for them they will et a great talent, but is it worth the head ache.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson, I wish the guy the best,but not sure given his history.

OB55
May 5th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Agreed, I think he'll be at a school that desperatly needs a qb. Lucky for them they will et a great talent, but is it worth the head ache.

Hopefully he has learned his lesson, I wish the guy the best,but not sure given his history.

He'll make a great Dallas Cowboy.

ericsaid
May 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM
xrolleyesx I'm not trying to justify anything. My comment was in response to GGASU's. xcoffeex

I believe you have left comments after anyone who says App will make a game out of playing LSU.

McNeese75
May 5th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I believe you have left comments after anyone who says App will make a game out of playing LSU.

Believe me, I really try and ignore some of the stuff you post but you really, really make it hard :D

udchuck
May 6th, 2008, 08:16 AM

Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttttt???????????????I'm trying to make sense out of this post.Can anyone please interpretxbangx xconfusedx xconfusedx .

SideLine Shooter
May 6th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Now this a post worth reading.xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!xnodx xnodx xnodx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

McNeese75
May 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaattttttttt???????????????I'm trying to make sense out of this post.Can anyone please interpretxbangx xconfusedx xconfusedx .

xlolx I feel your pain :D

ericsaid
May 11th, 2008, 08:46 PM
This threads dying, how sad.

uofmman1122
May 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
This threads dying, how sad.Don't worry! We've always got the Emergency Washington Grizzly Stadium Lever!
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/MarcusAsshat123/MontanavsMontanaState11-18-2006.jpg

CopperCat
May 11th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Don't worry! We've always got the Emergency Washington Grizzly Stadium Lever!
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/MarcusAsshat123/MontanavsMontanaState11-18-2006.jpg

Looks like the Griz are pinned deep in their own territory in that one. Time to punt......

And time to punt this thread in the face.

uofmman1122
May 11th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Looks like the Griz are pinned deep in their own territory in that one. Time to punt......

And time to punt this thread in the face.Actually, looking at their formation, it looks like they're taking a knee to seal the win. xlolx:p

SideLine Shooter
May 12th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Actually, looking at their formation, it looks like they're taking a knee to seal the win. xlolx:p

I don't think so. I think that was the WOFFORD GAME last year. You know, the first round game of the Playoffs.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3264057

Still no listing for App and LSU on the ESPN TV schedule.

I sent an e-mail to ESPN requesting that they air the game. If anyone else would like to do so here is a link. BELOW

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

udchuck
May 12th, 2008, 11:55 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3264057

Still no listing for App and LSU on the ESPN TV schedule.

I sent an e-mail to ESPN requesting that they air the game. If anyone else would like to do so here is a link. BELOW

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

Here we go again,Hold on to your shorts.xlolx
ESPN doesn't like to televise games that can be a blowout. xlolx xcoolx

lizrdgizrd
May 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, nobody wants to see LSU get a beatdown. xlolx

udchuck
May 12th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, nobody wants to see LSU get a beatdown. xlolx

I'll bet you also believe in UFO's, rain that drops upword,pink pigs that fly,US government not collecting tax's for a year,Appy St beating LSU.xwhistlex xlolx

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'll bet you also believe in UFO's, rain that drops upword,pink pigs that fly,US government not collecting tax's for a year,Appy St beating LSU.xwhistlex xlolx

I like to think you are just a figment of my imagination, Chuck!xnodx

udchuck
May 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I like to think you are just a figment of my imagination, Chuck!xnodx

xlolx xlolx I just might be.xpeacex Have a great day,Really.xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
May 12th, 2008, 12:46 PM
I don't have to believe in them, they are all possible. xnodx

I won't discuss their likelihood. ;)

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
xlolx xlolx I just might be.xpeacex Have a great day,Really.xthumbsupx

I respect your opinion... usually. I hardly ever agree or like your opinion, but I respect it!

By the way I figured you would want this game on TV, seeing how much interest you have shown in this game and this thread. xsmiley_wix

Dont you have $$, and an avitar riding on this game?xwhistlex

bobbythekidd
May 12th, 2008, 01:08 PM
The next person that put up a pic up that messes with the side to side scrolling is getting Neg Rep from me.xmadx I hate that.

813Jag
May 12th, 2008, 01:12 PM
The next person that put up a pic up that messes with the side to side scrolling is getting Neg Rep from me.xmadx I hate that.
Guess I won't be joking around then. xlolx Never been red boxed before.

udchuck
May 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I respect your opinion... usually. I hardly ever agree or like your opinion, but I respect it!

By the way I figured you would want this game on TV, seeing how much interest you have shown in this game and this thread. xsmiley_wix

Dont you have $$, and an avitar riding on this game?xwhistlex

Yep,But it really doesn't matter to me,I'll have money on a few games.Hey,if the game is on TV I'll watch it.I watch whatever game is on.:D

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Yep,But it really doesn't matter to me,I'll have money on a few games.Hey,if the game is on TV I'll watch it.I watch whatever game is on.:D

It's ok Chuck, you cann admit it. We all understand, we're in the same boat too. Go ahead and say it!!

You are a closet App fanxsmiley_wix

Hey it's ok all the cool kids are doing itxthumbsupx

udchuck
May 12th, 2008, 04:17 PM
xlolx OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKK I'll admit it,You got me when you guys beat Mich.I'll watch the game maybe. I might be at the Dayton game.xthumbsupx

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 04:47 PM
See guys ole' ud chucks not so bad....if you just give him a chance!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

ericsaid
May 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
He's worse.

ericsaid
May 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM

They did televise LSU and Va Tech and Lsu and MSU. They schedule appalachian and Delaware and app and richmond.

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 05:43 PM
xlolx
He's worse.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx and you said this thread was dying....shame on you!

Cleets
May 12th, 2008, 05:44 PM
They did televise LSU and Va Tech and Lsu and MSU. They schedule appalachian and Delaware and app and richmond.

Blow-outs like the Michigan vs. App. game last year..? xeyebrowx

AppStFan76
May 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Blow-outs like the Michigan vs. App. game last year..? xeyebrowx

I'll take a "blow out" like that over LSU, all day long!!xnodx

ericsaid
May 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'll take a "blow out" like that over LSU, all day long!!xnodx

I concurxthumbsupx

appsfan
May 12th, 2008, 06:49 PM
How many more days?

ericsaid
May 12th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Too many. and once it gets here it will be gone too fast.

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Too many. and once it gets here it will be gone too fast.

Just like Armanti.

ericsaid
May 12th, 2008, 07:30 PM
yeah, but i have a feeling this off season or next a great recruit will come in, with all of the exposure the quarterback position at App has gotten they will be able to get a great quarterback who will only have to wait a year to come in and learn the offense then step up as a sophomore.

APPALACHIANstate
May 12th, 2008, 07:42 PM
This is my senior year at ASU...Maybe I should try out.

I am AWESOME with the sticks on Madden.

udchuck
May 12th, 2008, 10:11 PM
He's worse.

xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx xazzx xazzx xazzx xazzx

ericsaid
May 12th, 2008, 10:33 PM
This is my senior year at ASU...Maybe I should try out.

I am AWESOME with the sticks on Madden.

I can't feel my right leg from my knee down so i think I will also, i got some skills on the virtual playing field myself.

uofmman1122
May 12th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I don't think so. I think that was the WOFFORD GAME last year. You know, the first round game of the Playoffs.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodxI'm not even going to dignify that with a response. The failure is too much. Here you go. Something that illustrates your failure:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/1205978745102.jpg

SideLine Shooter
May 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. The failure is too much. Here you go. Something that illustrates your failure:

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/1205978745102.jpg

I really do appreciate that. I makes perfect sense to me.xnodx xnodx xnodx

JohnStOnge
May 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1210580136205770.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

Interesting article. Actually kind of shows a little respect for Appalachian State by mentioning that game along with Auburn as potentially problematic without Perrilloux.

At the same time, while they quote former LSU OC Jimbo Fisher as opining that losing Perrilloux might've cost LSU another run at the BCS title, they also reveal his opinion that they're going to be very strong on the line of scrimmage. He said it'll be their best offensive line ever and that the defensive line could be better than last year's (see from about the middle of page 2 through the first half of page 3).

His take was that if they can get good play out of their new cornerbacks and whoever their new quarterback is they can make another run.

The description....LSU really good on the offensive line and really loaded at running back while being inexperienced at quarterback...makes me think Appalachian State should expect a smash mouth strategy.

jonmac
May 13th, 2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1210580136205770.xml&coll=2&thispage=1

Interesting article. Actually kind of shows a little respect for Appalachian State by mentioning that game along with Auburn as potentially problematic without Perrilloux.

At the same time, while they quote former LSU OC Jimbo Fisher as opining that losing Perrilloux might've cost LSU another run at the BCS title, they also reveal his opinion that they're going to be very strong on the line of scrimmage. He said it'll be their best offensive line ever and that the defensive line could be better than last year's (see from about the middle of page 2 through the first half of page 3).

His take was that if they can get good play out of their new cornerbacks and whoever their new quarterback is they can make another run.

The description....LSU really good on the offensive line and really loaded at running back while being inexperienced at quarterback...makes me think Appalachian State should expect a smash mouth strategy.

I think you're right John. They will most likely run it right at us. That's what I'd do. I'm sure we'll prepare as best as we can for just that. I hope we can put the preparation to practice come August 30. It's definitely going to be a tough one and the game plan you predict could possibly help keep it close, although the running game that LSU could be capable of could be very explosive too. Looking forward to a great game as long as UDChuck lays off conjuring up the blowout demons. Chuck, I know you've got money, avatars, etc. running on it so I don't blame you for going for the blowout.xpeacex

ericsaid
May 13th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I think you're right John. They will most likely run it right at us. That's what I'd do. I'm sure we'll prepare as best as we can for just that. I hope we can put the preparation to practice come August 30. It's definitely going to be a tough one and the game plan you predict could possibly help keep it close, although the running game that LSU could be capable of could be very explosive too. Looking forward to a great game as long as UDChuck lays off conjuring up the blowout demons. Chuck, I know you've got money, avatars, etc. running on it so I don't blame you for going for the blowout.xpeacex

Don't they run a from of the spread? they'll run it around us, everyone including app has trouble stopping the spread offense when it's used to run the ball as witnessed last year by every SoCon team. They will run the ball from the spread and I see a lot of options and such.

813Jag
May 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Don't they run a from of the spread? they'll run it around us, everyone including app has trouble stopping the spread offense when it's used to run the ball as witnessed last year by every SoCon team. They will run the ball from the spread and I see a lot of options and such.
I'm quite sure you'll see more running from an I formation, to get a lead blocker for their backs. With a new QB you won't see too much option.

AppStFan76
May 13th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm quite sure you'll see more running from an I formation, to get a lead blocker for their backs. With a new QB you won't see too much option.

Agreed
xthumbsupx

udchuck
May 13th, 2008, 09:46 PM

Maybe this will help.
http://www.ohsfca.org/Defend_Spread.htm

McNeese75
May 13th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Maybe this will help.
http://www.ohsfca.org/Defend_Spread.htm

I learned a very important thing from Jim Herrmann of Michigan. When you are sitting in your office or at a clinic writing down your players, quit putting them down in positions. I use X’s. When I draw up a defense, I use eleven X’s. The first thing you do when you put a player down as a nose guard is build in limitations for that player. You will think he can’t do what you want him to do because he is a nose guard. Put your players in your scheme as X’s, and figure out a way to stop the offense that you have to stop.

I was intrigued until I got to....... :D

udchuck
May 14th, 2008, 08:49 AM

Hey,would I do that to you??No way.

ericsaid
May 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM

I'd agree with you if I knew more about LSU, but I still think there will be more option.

JohnStOnge
May 14th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I'd agree with you if I knew more about LSU, but I still think there will be more option.

The guy who is probably going to be at QB is listed as a "pocket-passing quarterback" on LSU's site (see http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=785346&Q_SEASON=2008 ). Rivals listed him as a "pro style" quarterback as a 2007 recruit (see http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=44707&sport=1 ).

The Rivals site does put him at 4.68 in the 40 which isn't blazing but decent. However, it looks to me like his forte is throwing the football. The LSU bio says he played in the spread in high school as a junior but when he did he threw for over 3,400 yards and 40 touchdowns.

Heck, who knows? Maybe if their offensive line is as good as expected they'll see how he does throwing the football. Still, if I were LSU, I'd think the chances are pretty good that my offensive line could just lline up and overpower Appalachian State's defensive front. I'd think it could be a "you know what's coming but you can't stop it" situation. That's the attitude I'd come out with and App State would have to show me it could stop it before I'd get cute and get away from it.

813Jag
May 14th, 2008, 07:56 PM
So you won't belive someone who saw just about every LSU game last year? xconfusedx

ericsaid = MPLSBison

APPALACHIANstate
May 14th, 2008, 08:03 PM
LSU is better than ASU, end of question.

ASU however could easily have a few big plays and catch LSU off-guard. It happened last year, it could happen again. ASU has the athleticism to win.

SideLine Shooter
May 14th, 2008, 08:34 PM

ASU however could easily have a few big plays and catch LSU off-guard. It happened last year, it could happen again. ASU has the athleticism to win.

Hey big dog.. They are supposed to be...xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xeyebrowx xeyebrowx

McNeese75
May 14th, 2008, 09:27 PM
So you won't belive someone who saw just about every LSU game last year? xconfusedx

ericsaid = MPLSBison

xlolx

lizrdgizrd
May 15th, 2008, 09:43 AM

ericsaid = MPLSBison
No need to get mean, Jag! xlolx

Let's put it this way, there's hope for ericsaid, not so much for MPLSBison. xsmhx

appfan2008
May 15th, 2008, 09:46 AM

maybe but that was our advantage against michigan it will be different with lsu IMO

udchuck
May 15th, 2008, 10:27 AM
No need to get mean, Jag! xlolx

Let's put it this way, there's hope for ericsaid, not so much for MPLSBison. xsmhx

Actually there is no hope for ericsaid,he's still mentally fried.:)

lizrdgizrd
May 15th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Actually there is no hope for ericsaid,he's still mentally fried.:)
But he's young. I'm hoping he'll ripen with age. xlolx

furman94
May 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Did we have to pull this thread out again!? jk

JohnStOnge
May 15th, 2008, 09:23 PM
maybe but that was our advantage against michigan it will be different with lsu IMO

I don't think relative athleticism is going to be the biggest difference. I think Michigan had better athletes overall than App State last year. App State had a better pure athlete at the QB position against Michigan and had what was probably the single fastest guy on the field in Jackson. But I think if you'd have compared every single position Michigan would've been found to be both bigger and faster overall.

The same will probably be true of LSU. And this year App State won't have the single fastest player on the field (though they'll still have a better pure athlete at quarterback).

But I think the biggest difference is that Michigan went into its game with App State thinking it was a rent a win...that the outcome was a foregone conclusion and the only question was how big of a blowout it would be...while LSU is going to hear about how App State beat Michigan every day for weeks leading up to the game.

udchuck
May 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM

Hey,We need to get this Thread to reach 2000 so one of the posters can make money.He bet the OVER.:D xthumbsupx xbeerchugx I'm not sure who it was.

JohnStOnge
May 15th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hey,We need to get this Thread to reach 2000 so one of the posters can make money.He bet the OVER.:D xthumbsupx xbeerchugx

Heck, it's clearly the biggest FCS/vs. FBS game going in. Probably the biggest FCS/IAA vs. FBS/IA game ever in terms of the circumstances surrounding it going in. There's no reason not to talk about it a lot.

udchuck
May 15th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I don't think relative athleticism is going to be the biggest difference. I think Michigan had better athletes overall than App State last year. App State had a better pure athlete at the QB position against Michigan and had what was probably the single fastest guy on the field in Jackson. But I think if you'd have compared every single position Michigan would've been found to be both bigger and faster overall.

The same will probably be true of LSU. And this year App State won't have the single fastest player on the field (though they'll still have a better pure athlete at quarterback).

But I think the biggest difference is that Michigan went into its game with App State thinking it was a rent a win...that the outcome was a foregone conclusion and the only question was how big of a blowout it would be...while LSU is going to hear about how App State beat Michigan every day for weeks leading up to the game.

Also the fact that Mich didn't have the better fieldgoal kicker.:D xwhistlex

SideLine Shooter
May 15th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Also the fact that Mich didn't have the better fieldgoal kicker.:D xwhistlex

The kicker kicked, the line didn't block very well.xeyebrowx

udchuck
May 15th, 2008, 09:40 PM
The kicker kicked, the line didn't block very well.xeyebrowx

Amen!!!!!!!!!What's with the Michigan Avatar??xlolx

JohnStOnge
May 15th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Also the fact that Mich didn't have the better Field Goal kicker.:D xwhistlex

Yeah, but really...if you just look at overall talent...I don't think it should've come down to field goal kicker. To be cliche...that's not meant as disrespect to App State because they had a very gutty and clutch performance. But Michigan had 6 players drafted this past NFL draft and I think that by the time the next few NFL drafts are over the number of players that played on that team who get drafted will be in the double digits somewhere. Both wide receivers, the quarterback, and the starting running back were drafted this past draft. That's not going to happen with App State. In fact if I had to I'd bet that the only one among the offensive skill position players App had on the field that day that'll be drafted was the wideout Jackson. I don't think Michigan lost because App State had better players overall.

SideLine Shooter
May 15th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Amen!!!!!!!!!What's with the Michigan Avatar??xlolx

I use random photos that I shoot at games. I just like this shot of a Michigan fan from the ASU game. You can tell from his expression that this was pre-game. You will see other photos for my avatar from time to time. Whatever mood I'm in..xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

udchuck
May 15th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I use random photos that I shoot at games. I just like this shot of a Michigan fan from the ASU game. You can tell from his expression that this was pre-game. You will see other photos for my avatar from time to time. Whatever mood I'm in..xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx You can bet your bottom dollar that grin changed at the end of the game.xnodx To xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

SideLine Shooter
May 15th, 2008, 09:58 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx You can bet your bottom dollar that grin changed at the end of the game.xnodx To xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Yes sir. He and 105,000 had a real SICK look.....xnodx xnodx xnodx

Stang Fever
May 16th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I cant wait for this game, how often does DIV I champions play each other???? Simply cant wait to see what FCS brings to the table

SoCon48
May 16th, 2008, 11:45 AM

You're right. It should have been another "Go For TWO!! thread.xnodx

SoCon48
May 16th, 2008, 11:46 AM

Option worked for Woof, I'm afraid it will from LSU.xcoolx

ericsaid
May 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
The guy who is probably going to be at QB is listed as a "pocket-passing quarterback" on LSU's site (see http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=27812&SPID=2164&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=785346&Q_SEASON=2008 ). Rivals listed him as a "pro style" quarterback as a 2007 recruit (see http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=44707&sport=1 ).

The Rivals site does put him at 4.68 in the 40 which isn't blazing but decent. However, it looks to me like his forte is throwing the football. The LSU bio says he played in the spread in high school as a junior but when he did he threw for over 3,400 yards and 40 touchdowns.

Heck, who knows? Maybe if their offensive line is as good as expected they'll see how he does throwing the football. Still, if I were LSU, I'd think the chances are pretty good that my offensive line could just lline up and overpower Appalachian State's defensive front. I'd think it could be a "you know what's coming but you can't stop it" situation. That's the attitude I'd come out with and App State would have to show me it could stop it before I'd get cute and get away from it.

We'll see, hopefully Tim Washington comes back because he was a blue chip recruit who transferred from LSU but left this spring for reasons i never heard. From what it sounded like no one was sure if he was leaving or coming back in the fall. But with another transfer at DE from vandy that helps. I think if LSU trys to over power App's front seven they may be suprised at how well it holds up, maybe i'm wrong(probably am) but I honestly think using the speed advantage and running around app's front four would be best.

Appguy
May 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=412921

good article about why we could win

I posted it over on www.Tigerdroppings.com and am stiring the pot a little.
come on over and get me some back up

SideLine Shooter
May 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=412921

good article about why we could win

I posted it over on www.Tigerdroppings.com and am stiring the pot a little.
come on over and get me some back up

Excellent article and it makes a lot of sense..xthumbsupx xshakingmadx xdizzyx

Appguy
May 17th, 2008, 09:41 PM
My 8 page defense of app continues -
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=8225575&sp=8227753&s=2&b=1#8227753