PDA

View Full Version : LSU to play Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

McNeese72
March 3rd, 2008, 07:51 AM
Another funny rant on TD:

re: Schedule Change for App State Game (Posted on 2/28 at 12:39 a.m. reply to Appstate005)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"football is just a game in Boone, NC. In the state of Louisiana, Tiger football is a way of life. We are set in our ways and don't change for *****. We play Saturday games, mainly at night. We wear our white jerseys at home, we tailgate all day leading up to the game....and we DON'T play Monday night games. We don't need the exposure on ABC."

Now thats sum funny stuff!xlolx xlolx

Maybe funny but it the truth about how LSU fans feel about playing on Saturday night.

Hell, even McNeese fans start griping if a McNeese game is moved to Saturday afternoon for TV instead of playing at night. And we pretty much have told the Southland that we won't play any Thursday Night TV games at home.

Most people down here think that college football should be played on Saturday night. Got to get that whole day (or more when starting on Friday) of tailgating in. :)

Doc

813Jag
March 3rd, 2008, 08:46 AM
Maybe funny but it the truth about how LSU fans feel about playing on Saturday night.

Hell, even McNeese fans start griping if a McNeese game is moved to Saturday afternoon for TV instead of playing at night. And we pretty much have told the Southland that we won't play any Thursday Night TV games at home.

Most people down here think that college football should be played on Saturday night. Got to get that whole day (or more when starting on Friday) of tailgating in. :)

Doc
That's a Louisiana thing. Football is for Saturday night. Saturday morning is for tailgating. It's hot enough on a September Saturday Night, who wants to sit in the sun on a September Saturday Afternoon? xconfusedx

McNeese75
March 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
That's a Louisiana thing. Football is for Saturday night. Saturday morning is for tailgating. It's hot enough on a September Saturday Night, who wants to sit in the sun on a September Saturday Afternoon? xconfusedx

xthumbsupx You got that right, hottern H#ll around that time of the year.

uofmman1122
March 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
I love night games as much as the next person, but playing at 8:00 when it's -15 in November or December isn't exactly as pleasant as a balmy 65 in Louisiana. :p

However, I'd love to see the Brawl of the Wild at night....that would be EPIC!

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
So the game hasn't been changed?

McNeese75
March 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
I love night games as much as the next person, but playing at 8:00 when it's -15 in November or December isn't exactly as pleasant as a balmy 65 in Louisiana. :p

I vote for sunny afternoon games with the temps in the 30's or 40's for Wash Griz in late November, early December. xnodx

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
I vote for, a couch, blanket, 60'' plasma screen t.v. with FCS FOOTBALL

mcveyrl
March 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
I vote for, a couch, blanket, 60'' plasma screen t.v. with FCS FOOTBALL

and your husband's okay with that? ;)

813Jag
March 3rd, 2008, 05:04 PM

At game time in August it won't be anywhere near 65 degrees in Baton Rouge. xlolx It's not even 65 in the morning.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
WEll i'm not exactly what you call female, but if i had one with me in the process of watchoing football on a 60'' plasma screen i could tell you it'd beat the hell out of freezing my arse off at an actual game in november or december in boone.

uofmman1122
March 3rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
I vote for sunny afternoon games with the temps in the 30's or 40's for Wash Griz in late November, early December. xnodxThat sure is wishful thinking. In the case of playing southern teams, the colder the better. xsmiley_wix

WEll i'm not exactly what you call female, but if i had one with me in the process of watchoing football on a 60'' plasma screen i could tell you it'd beat the hell out of freezing my arse off at an actual game in november or december in boone.You'd never make it as a Griz fan. xwhistlex xlolx ;)

Nah, but seriously, I'd much rather be freezing my @ss off yelling my head off with 25,000 of my closest friends, than sitting at home watching.

jonmac
March 3rd, 2008, 06:06 PM
WEll i'm not exactly what you call female, but if i had one with me in the process of watchoing football on a 60'' plasma screen i could tell you it'd beat the hell out of freezing my arse off at an actual game in november or december in boone.

Well, young fella, you better change that attitudexbawlingx if you plan on attending ASU. And I hope you are, since you seem to be a fan. I long to be attending those Nov./Dec. home games in Boone.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2008, 06:28 PM

Yes you are. I will guarantee that you just embarrassed the true App fans with this statement. That is one of the biggest pussy comments I have ever heard from someone that claims to be a fan of a football team in my entire life. That is an absolute disgrace.

bobbythekidd
March 3rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Go easy on him ursus.

proasu89
March 3rd, 2008, 08:55 PM
xlolx xlolx xeekx I admire your enthusiasm.

I do too. But in fairness to GGASU, he went out on that limb last year and lived to tell about it.xbowx

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
I've gone to every playoff game and NC for the past 2 years and i think missed three regular season games. It's really convenient now App. has been on t.v. more often. With games on saturdays that i had business to attend to.

jonmac
March 3rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
I've gone to every playoff game and NC for the past 2 years and i think missed three regular season games. It's really convenient now App. has been on t.v. more often. With games on saturdays that i had business to attend to.

Don't take this personally eric but man I wish I still had "Junior in High School" business to attend to on Saturdays.xrolleyesx

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:08 PM
It's High, not junior high. And your right, the business i had wasn't anything to complain about but it was still something i had to do.

One thing i can see that everyone who loves football overlooks. Is the marching band, no one gives any credit to them for helping make the atmosphere on gamedays what they are. Since i'm in high school marching band(which i absolutely despise), i know this for a fact. Don't take them for granted.

Hence why I missed some football games, damnit.

jonmac
March 3rd, 2008, 09:16 PM
It's High, not junior high. And your right, the business i had wasn't anything to complain about but it was still something i had to do.

One thing i can see that everyone who loves football overlooks. Is the marching band, no one gives any credit to them for helping make the atmosphere on gamedays what they are. Since i'm in high school marching band(which i absolutely despise), i know this for a fact. Don't take them for granted.

Pleas read my post again, you missed two letters put together to form the word "in".

And go back and research some threads here, you will find that the vast majority of App posters here have nothing but great things to say about North Carolina's Band of Distinction and the role they play in Gameday experiences in Boone, which you completely miss when you are at home under the blanket with your honey waching on tv. And, you know, they do allow blankets and your honey into Kidd Brewer, the cold's not all that bad. And before any of you go crazy, I'm just talkin' 'bout cuddlin' to keep warm.xthumbsupx

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:20 PM
I've been to every playoff game for the past 2 seasons, and both NC's. So i've been up there in the 25 degree weather. Not like i haven't been there, I don't even have a 60 '' plasma screen t.v.. That was just wishful thinking.

I meant appreciate as in appreciation for working hard to accomplish something. Those marching shows for halftime arre by no measn easy to learn, and to do it precisly with 267 people on a field is extremely difficult.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM

What is your basis for saying that fans on this site overlook the marching band? You are a little new here to be making these claims. If you had been here you would have seen a good deal of posts involving many schools bands, dance teams, mascots, cheerleaders...basically everything to do with the product. There is a particular poster here with the user name Grizband. Why don't you pm him and see if he shares your view on the subject? BTW this is an attempt at damage control by you whether it is really the reason or not as to why you missed games. It's not a sin to miss the games because you have other obligations. It is a horrible fair weather fan to say that they would rather just sit in front of the old 60" screen with a Shirley Temple in their hand than to attend the game and add to the home field advantage and atmosphere of the game.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:26 PM
I never said or meant anything you just said. Your jumping on this because i'm young. You really can't fully appreciate what they do until you've done what they do. So don't talk about that. I don't have a 60'' t.v., i have half of that and the games I can't get to I am forced to watch on t.v.. Being almost 17 it's kind of hard to get to games by myself also. Sorry for doing something convenient.

jonmac
March 3rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
What is your basis for saying that fans on this site overlook the marching band? You are a little new here to be making these claims. If you had been here you would have seen a good deal of posts involving many schools bands, dance teams, mascots, cheerleaders...basically everything to do with the product. There is a particular poster here with the user name Grizband. Why don't you pm him and see if he shares your view on the subject? BTW this is an attempt at damage control by you whether it is really the reason or not as to why you missed games. It's not a sin to miss the games because you have other obligations. It is a horrible fair weather fan to say that they would rather just sit in front of the old 60" screen with a Shirley Temple in their hand than to attend the game and add to the home field advantage and atmosphere of the game.

But eric, xnonox don't you dare pm THE Citdog and ask him how he feels about the band. It could damage you for life. xthumbsdownx

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:28 PM
I believe i already regret saying anything about band already.

AppGrad06
March 3rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
I believe i already regret saying anything about band already.

and for sleeping through English class

jonmac
March 3rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I never said or meant anything you just said. Your jumping on this because i'm young. You really can't fully appreciate what they do until you've done what they do. So don't talk about that. I don't have a 60'' t.v., i have half of that and the games I can't get to I am forced to watch on t.v.. Being almost 17 it's kind of hard to get to games by myself also. Sorry for doing something convenient.

Aha, but what you did say is that having the 60" plasma, your honey and a blanket would "beat the hell" out of being there in Nov/Dec. Nothing was mentioned about games being hard to get to because you're 17. What you need to learn is to be careful what you say in your post because all we have to go by is what we read. It's a lot different than an oral conversation. All of us can take a lesson on that.
And some of us have marched before and do understand that difficulty in that and my experience has only been in parades and that was hard enough. Gee I hope The Citdog doesn't read this.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Typo, and funyn how i made the highest score you can on any writing test. I really don't care about grammer in blogs or IM's or anything, it's kind of pointless isn't it. Unless your a grown person with kid's and don't know that typing in fragmented sentences and such on blogs is alright.

Thats my opinion.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Isn't the Citdog pretty much a master of the smack board?

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM

OK, I'm done with you after this, but please explain what part of what you just said a few minutes ago, you didn't say.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
A lot of people have been saying my posts are eroneous, most of the time followed by mentioning im in the 11th grade(not junior high).

AppGrad06
March 3rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
Typo, and funyn how i made the highest score you can on any writing test. I really don't care about grammer in blogs or IM's or anything, it's kind of pointless isn't it. Unless your a grown person with kid's and don't know that typing in fragmented sentences and such on blogs is alright.

Thats my opinion.

First off, given that my handle is AppGrad06 something tells me I'm not "a grown person with kids" (I fixed it); I'm 23 and in graduate school. Secondly, typing with abbreviation and using fragments is fine, but you seem to be consistently bad at even that. Now, I hate to knock on a fellow App fan but obviously you are not the best typist in the world, neither am I. So here is some friendly advice: give it a quick re-read before hitting submit.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 09:53 PM
No matter what i'm doing I can't go back over it. Any test or paper I have to write. Some of these people are grown with kids.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2008, 09:56 PM
A lot of people have been saying my posts are eroneous, most of the time followed by mentioning im in the 11th grade(not junior high).

Here's an honest critique of your posts. You are lacking a sense of history and seem to be making a lot of statements about teams other than App that are fairly baseless and sometimes borderline insulting to fans of these programs. You may not think this way but that is definitely what is coming across. App is on a wave right now that is similar to what others have been on and your wave will very likely end soon as others have. If you don't know about something you are discussing with a fan of another team it might suit you well to ask what their thinking is on the issue because it will let you borrow their sense of history for the discussion at hand. You are far ahead of most of your contemporaries and with a strategy like this will be one of the most learned fans of not only App but many other programs before you even attend your first game at App and start building your own sense of history firsthand.

AppGrad06
March 3rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
No matter what i'm doing I can't go back over it. Any test or paper I have to write. Some of these people are grown with kids.

Wow, didn't know they outlawed the use of word processors in writing papers in high school. A lot has changed in 6 years.xsmiley_wix Anyway, my point is that you might get a little more respect on here if you made sure your posts actually say what you are wanting them to say.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 10:00 PM
I've gone to every Appalachian playoff game for the past 2 years, and went to the FU semi in 05'. I've also been to as many regular season games as i can get to and the one's i haven't i've watched on t.v. or listened on the radio.

The western carolina game this year, i was in a hospital in roanoke virginia listening to the game on the internet. So it's not like i've never seen a game.

I also apologize for anything offensive I may have said.

ericsaid
March 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
They didn't outlaw word processors. I just have a mental block about it or something.

McNeese75
March 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Here's an honest critique of your posts. You are lacking a sense of history and seem to be making a lot of statements about teams other than App that are fairly baseless and sometimes borderline insulting to fans of these programs. You may not think this way but that is definitely what is coming across. App is on a wave right now that is similar to what others have been on and your wave will very likely end soon as others have. If you don't know about something you are discussing with a fan of another team it might suit you well to ask what their thinking is on the issue because it will let you borrow their sense of history for the discussion at hand. You are far ahead of most of your contemporaries and with a strategy like this will be one of the most learned fans of not only App but many other programs before you even attend your first game at App and start building your own sense of history firsthand.

Pretty much sums it up xnodx

seantaylor
March 4th, 2008, 12:21 AM
I think Eric might be a little sweet. Ace and Gary style.

Appinator
March 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Man, this thread took a turn for the worse since I left work yesterday!

Eric, you have stumbled upon a board that is, in general, full of wannabe sports writers (myself included) who deeply respect the level of football that our respective institutions participate in. Humility in lack of knowledge is the best route to take, rather than blind assumptions based on what some could say is only a brief time period of success.

Rabid fans like to post bold un-backed statements, but those people tend to stick to things like tigerdroppings.com and such.

People will give you some slack on spelling, but the consistent malcontent for the English language that is posted should be critiqued. After all, if you want a post to be taken seriously, it might as well make sense. None of us are Bill Shakespeare, but people appreciate a paragraph break and a comma or two every now and then.

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Man, this thread took a turn for the worse since I left work yesterday!

Eric, you have stumbled upon a board that is, in general, full of wannabe sports writers (myself included) who deeply respect the level of football that our respective institutions participate in. Humility in lack of knowledge is the best route to take, rather than blind assumptions based on what some could say is only a brief time period of success.

Rabid fans like to post bold un-backed statements, but those people tend to stick to things like tigerdroppings.com and such.

People will give you some slack on spelling, but the consistent malcontent for the English language that is posted should be critiqued. After all, if you want a post to be taken seriously, it might as well make sense. None of us are Bill Shakespeare, but people appreciate a paragraph break and a comma or two every now and then.

well said

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
35-24

813Jag
March 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Right over his head. xlolx

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Actually it didn't go right over my head. I've been getting messages about it and I thought I may put a score so people would talk about that and not about me. Hence the title of the thread, "LSU to play Appalachian State".

SoCon48
March 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Why don't you guys lay off ericsaid. He's got 4 years at App to work on his grammar and comp. He's on our side.

813Jag
March 4th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Actually it didn't go right over my head. I've been getting messages about it and I thought I may put a score so people would talk about that and not about me. Hence the title of the thread, "LSU to play Appalachian State".
I get that, but you've already posted your score. I'm just busting your chops a bit. xpeacex

AppAlum2003
March 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Wow, I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading the last 3-4 pages of this thread. Anyway, back to the game. How does everyone think Tim Washington will respond to heading back home for this game? I don't know how many OL LSU has lost, but there's a good chance Timmy has lined up against whoever will be playing. Could be a little advantage.

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hopefully he'll go in feeling like he has something to prove and give them absolute hell.

AppStFan76
March 4th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Wow, I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading the last 3-4 pages of this thread. Anyway, back to the game. How does everyone think Tim Washington will respond to heading back home for this game? I don't know how many OL LSU has lost, but there's a good chance Timmy has lined up against whoever will be playing. Could be a little advantage.

The only up side to busting ericsaid is that it will push this thread over the 2000. xsmiley_wix

I've wondered the same thing about Washington. He has to be pumped about going back to LSU and playing against those guys. I hope he has a huge game against LSU.

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 12:03 PM
what do you guys give as the over/under on sacks and tackles for TW in the game?

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 12:05 PM
The only up side to busting ericsaid is that it will push this thread over the 2000. xsmiley_wix

I've wondered the same thing about Washington. He has to be pumped about going back to LSU and playing against those guys. I hope he has a huge game against LSU.

I've got money riding on hitting the 2000 markxsmiley_wix

AppAlum2003
March 4th, 2008, 12:24 PM
With all of the recent transfers/overall depth of the DL, there's a good chance he'll have some fresh legs for the plays that he's in on. If he can play the way he's capable of, then he could have a great day.

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 12:27 PM
It'll also be interesting to see how D.J. Smith plays. He was actually offered a scholorship out of high school from Virginia Tech. So now will be his to chance to see how he does against the "big boys".

Tim should do fine. The last play that Michigan ran last season, where Henne dropped a 46 yard bomb to Manningham, Tim was held or he would have sacked Henne. If you ever see a replay of that play then you'll be able to see it.

I give him maybe a sack in this game with 5 to 10 tackles.

Give D.J. Smith possibly 14 with an interception.

neersnbeers
March 4th, 2008, 12:36 PM

I think Coach Dillman (strength guy) and Big Tim have been hittin it hard and will be super pumped bout getting back in Tiger Stadium. GO APPSxpeacex

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Oh yeah I forgot Dillman was from LSU

AppStFan76
March 4th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I've got money riding on hitting the 2000 markxsmiley_wix

Well in that case I'll be sure to do my part to keep this thread goingxthumbsupx

Appinator
March 4th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I really can't say that much about how our D-line will compare to their O-line, mostly because all I saw of them last year was the Florida game where they slugged it out. I would have to say that they automatically have the advantage by practicing against one of the elite D-line units everyday.

I think Apps D-line will be much improved from last years group, as we had a lot of freshman getting into the rotation who will now be a year older and wiser. If Washington, Boo-Boo Tharington, and Q. Lewis all play up to their potential, they could cause some problems. Throw in our LBs in there (Smith, Banks, and Roman) and someone will come up with a sack if a certain troubled QB isn't a part of the picture.

I'm not sure if any of our d-lineman came up with a sack v. Michigan, I know Banks did. Anyone know?

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I really can't say that much about how our D-line will compare to their O-line, mostly because all I saw of them last year was the Florida game where they slugged it out. I would have to say that they automatically have the advantage by practicing against one of the elite D-line units everyday.

I think Apps D-line will be much improved from last years group, as we had a lot of freshman getting into the rotation who will now be a year older and wiser. If Washington, Boo-Boo Tharington, and Q. Lewis all play up to their potential, they could cause some problems. Throw in our LBs in there (Smith, Banks, and Roman) and someone will come up with a sack if a certain troubled QB isn't a part of the picture.

I'm not sure if any of our d-lineman came up with a sack v. Michigan, I know Banks did. Anyone know?

Don't forget Anthony Williams. He was on the "watered down" sports network All-American list.

AppAlum2003
March 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM

No, there was just the one. A very exciting one, on the blitz of all things (something App abandoned throughout the season.) With an athletic LB core, if the DL can at least just hold their own against the LSU OL, then we could see some big plays from the French Connection + DJ "The Barbarian" Smith.

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Henne's helemt almost flew off on that play. There is a very good video on youtube of the highlights from that game.

Shows Banks also hitting Mike Hart which sends him flying into App's sideline.

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Pressuring LSU's OL will be very important. Last year they tended to get pretty tired by 4th when teams pressured them a lot. However, this is also when Les Miles gets ballzy and creative.

AppAlum2003
March 4th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Pressuring LSU's OL will be very important. Last year they tended to get pretty tired by 4th when teams pressured them a lot. However, this is also when Les Miles gets ballzy and creative.

So that raises an interesting question... Granted, this is all contingent on which quarterback is playing (my money is on RP.) Does Les come out balls to the wall, trying to squash any idea of another Michigan or does he play it conservative from the start, thinking that his overall depth should win out?

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Let's hope Appalachian forces Les to get "ballzy and creative."

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Only problem is when Miles get ballzy it tends to pay off.

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
The same thing goes for Moore, maybe they will get ballzy at the same time and will cancel eachother out.

Appinator
March 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
So that raises an interesting question... Granted, this is all contingent on which quarterback is playing (my money is on RP.) Does Les come out balls to the wall, trying to squash any idea of another Michigan or does he play it conservative from the start, thinking that his overall depth should win out?

I think that there will definitely be some trickery involved. They have the talent to pull off the gadget plays against us, and I would hate to see that be the difference in the game.

I don't think Michigan played it conservative against us to ensure a win. Carr typically refused to open up the playbook early in the season, not wanting the rest of the Big Ten to know what was in store. They got caught in the perfect storm of App running a balanced spread option attack, their starting RB got hurt in the first series, and a reserved playbook.

Miles will put points on the board (see games v. N. Texas) and will throw a Hail Mary on 4th and 1, but the question will be if we can stop it.

Appinator
March 4th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Only problem is when Miles get ballzy it tends to pay off.

Exactly. I would describe Miles as controlled chaos.

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 01:46 PM
How ballzy would Miles have to get to beat Appalachian?

AppGrad06
I think as long as our D is jacked up, we'll give them a game worthy of its prime time billing, regardless of the outcome. I have no doubt that our offense will put some points on the board I just hope we can limit their production.

AppAlum2003
The same thing goes for Moore, maybe they will get ballzy at the same time and will cancel eachother out.

That's what made the Michigan win that much more special. Sure, it ended on a blocked FG, but it App didn't need a bunch of trick plays to win - they did it with good ol' fashioned, hard-nosed, catch-me-if-you-can football. However, I have a feeling that Coach Moore may need to pull a rabbit out of his hat to pull this one off.

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
The rabbit out of the hat will be a wide reciever reverse pass by Hillarey back to armanti on the other side of the field. Then Armanti throwing it to Brian quick or running for the tying TD.xthumbsupx

That's a little bit to detailed to be true, but wouldn't it be exciting.

lizrdgizrd
March 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM
That's what made the Michigan win that much more special. Sure, it ended on a blocked FG, but it App didn't need a bunch of trick plays to win - they did it with good ol' fashioned, hard-nosed, catch-me-if-you-can football. However, I have a feeling that Coach Moore may need to pull a rabbit out of his hat to pull this one off.
I think he'll need to step on the accelerator and never let up. No comfortable margins against LSU. xnonox

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 01:55 PM
How ballzy would Miles have to get to beat Appalachian?

depends on how close we can play them. If we can stay with them into the 4th quarter and get them nice tired, there is no telling what Miles will throw at us, especially with App being so adept at blocking kicks. Matt Flynn used to execute a couple different forms of fake kicks: the pull up for a pass, pitch or run, or my personal favorite: the blind flick over the shoulder to the kicker who ran it in for a TD. Who knows what Miles bag-o-tricks will hold next year with the big QB question.

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Appalachian won't be so sure on kick blocking this season. After the EWU game and losing Corey Lynch.

It won't be played to wear Miles has to get Ballzy but to where Coach Moore has to get ballzy, in my opinion. I don't see Appalachian leading into the fourth quarter but maybe trailing by a Fg or TD. Which would force Moore into a situation where he does what he does best.

Armanti also showed he has what it takes to lead a team coming from behind at the Michigan game.

AppGrad06
March 4th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I'm not talking about App leading in the 4th. I'm talking about App being within 1 score and LSU being in 4th down territory with less than 4 minutes to play. In that situation most coaches go with a punt or field goal. Miles on the other hand tends to go for it on 4th down when playing a team that has shown they can move the ball quickly (i.e. the Florida game: 5 for 5 on 4th downs in the 4th quarter in that game). The craziest thing is how successful they were, b/c we aren't just talking about 4th and inches but 4th and long. I wonder what their overall 4th down success rate was last year. On the plus side they got into 4th down situations a lot last year, when the game was on the line. Hopefully we will be able to force such situations but wouldn't put money on it.

But hey any given saturday.

McNeese75
March 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM
xrotatehx Y'all are killin me xbangx

I keep trying to ignore this thread so I won't get sucked into ES's wild speculation but it's worse that crack :D

MOD's!!! Please give ASU their own thingy like the Great West Conference has until after labor day so they can revel in their glory amongst themselves xthumbsupx xpeacex

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM
What I said in that last post about the reverse pass wasn't speculation. That was more of a joke.

I would rather App be up and not have to run that playxnodx

But that won't happen because by the end of the game all hope of winning will unfourtanently be lost. 35-24.

McNeese75
March 4th, 2008, 09:11 PM
What I said in that last post about the reverse pass wasn't speculation. That was more of a joke.

I would rather App be up and not have to run that playxnodx

But that won't happen because by the end of the game all hope of winning will unfourtanently be lost. 35-24.

xrolleyesx It was a joke Eric, don't be so sensitive ;)

GreatAppSt
March 4th, 2008, 09:27 PM

I keep trying to ignore this thread so I won't get sucked into ES's wild speculation but it's worse that crack :D

MOD's!!! Please give ASU their own thingy like the Great West Conference has until after labor day so they can revel in their glory amongst themselves xthumbsupx xpeacex

Oh :p :p :p :p :D

ericsaid
March 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM
For some reason i have a hard time judging what the connotation of these posts are.

McNeese75
March 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM
For some reason i have a hard time judging what the connotation of these posts are.

:D

AppAlum2003
March 5th, 2008, 07:45 AM

Sorry... I forgot that we weren't supposed to discuss upcoming FCS games and the potential in-and-outs of their match-ups. That's completely my fault and I apologize. I'll go post in some thread about Wofford's new signees or Southern Louisiana's new recruiting video instead. Again, please forgive me for being interested in what others think about actual games.

Can someone show me where the "Sarcasm" emoticon is?

mcveyrl
March 5th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Oh :p :p :p :p :D

Your sig is freakin' sweet...

AppAlum2003
March 5th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Your sig is freakin' sweet...

Yeah, GAS, who was holding the camera?

GoGuins
March 5th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Les, don't do it! It's a trap! :)

Mountaineer
March 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Sorry... I forgot that we weren't supposed to discuss upcoming FCS games and the potential in-and-outs of their match-ups.

Discussing the games and matchups are swell, but this is a NATIONAL board and I'm fairly certain not everyone cares about ASU football minutia. Almost every thread on the main board gets overtaken and overrun with overzealous (yay for over!!) App fans.

Honestly, it's bordering on the tedious and I am an ASU fan. I can imagine how others feel. xpeacex

There are three message boards available for discussing the paticulars and finer points of the football team - many of the topics here would be much better served on them.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages
http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/
http://www.appcountry.com/

We're not the end-all be-all of FCS football, kids.

JohnStOnge
March 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Discussing the games and matchups are swell, but this is a NATIONAL board and I'm fairly certain not everyone cares about ASU football minutia. .

I have no problem with it. App State is the highest profile program in FCS right now. At least the Mountaineers really deserve it. It's not like it was with Marshall...where they never won two national titles in a row, had won fewer national titles than Georgia Southern and Youngstown State, and were 1-2 against the Penguins in national title games (with the benefit of haivng two of those games on their home field)...and having the media calling them "the" dominant program in I-AA.

Heck, they didn't even dominate their conference; as both App State and Furman won more Southern Conference titles than Marshall did during the Thundering Herd's tenure in the league.

And this App State vs. LSU matchup is probably the most interesting I-AA/FCS vs. big time I-A/FCS matchup ever...at least going in. There's nothing wrong with discussing the specifics of the App State team or the LSU team that's going to be involved.

AppStFan76
March 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I dont see the problem with all the attention that App is getting. Its not like there aren't other post started conserning other programs. Are we supposed to not post our comments anbout an FCS team or upcoming game for fear we might hurt some other teams feelings.

The way I see it if others dont like all of the attention or the conversation conserning App dont read the thread. I truely dont think thats the case just look at the # of views to this thread.

AppAlum2003
March 5th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Discussing the games and matchups are swell, but this is a NATIONAL board and I'm fairly certain not everyone cares about ASU football minutia. Almost every thread on the main board gets overtaken and overrun with overzealous (yay for over!!) App fans.

Honestly, it's bordering on the tedious and I am an ASU fan. I can imagine how others feel. xpeacex

There are three message boards available for discussing the paticulars and finer points of the football team - many of the topics here would be much better served on them.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/messages
http://appalachianstate.rivals.com/
http://www.appcountry.com/

We're not the end-all be-all of FCS football, kids.

Perfectly understandable. I agree, this is a NATIONAL board. I also understand that there are WAAAYYY too many threads either started about or including App State. However, to catch flack from someone for actual football discussion about an upcoming game is a little undeserved, IMO. If you're tired of reading all about App State, then don't open the thread. It's overwhelmingly simple.

neersnbeers
March 5th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Hahaha, no comment.

jonmac
March 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Speaking of this. The question has been asked before about the Great West having its own forum. How come this is so? And why no separate forums for other conferences? I'm not complaining, just wondering, as this might help with some of the perceived problem with this thread.(which I am truly enjoying, by the way.)

McNeese75
March 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Perfectly understandable. I agree, this is a NATIONAL board. I also understand that there are WAAAYYY too many threads either started about or including App State. However, to catch flack from someone for actual football discussion about an upcoming game is a little undeserved, IMO. If you're tired of reading all about App State, then don't open the thread. It's overwhelmingly simple.

xeekx I can't help myself!! Its like CRACK!!

It was a joke but all the hoopla has become tedious. Carry on and I will just continue to exercise my right to bitch about it :D

(11 point spread prediction against LSU is just ............... xwhistlex )

By the way I do agree ASU is the cats meow right now.

AppAlum2003
March 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM
xeekx I can't help myself!! Its like CRACK!!

It was a joke but all the hoopla has become tedious. Carry on and I will just continue to exercise my right to bitch about it :D

(11 point spread prediction against LSU is just ............... xwhistlex )

By the way I do agree ASU is the cats meow right now.

I'd like to read a little bit about what you McNeese fans think about your upcoming game with UNC. They've been a laughing stock over there in Chapel Hill for awhile now, but it seems as though Butch may turn some things around. Let's see a thread on this!

McNeese75
March 5th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I'd like to read a little bit about what you McNeese fans think about your upcoming game with UNC. They've been a laughing stock over there in Chapel Hill for awhile now, but it seems as though Butch may turn some things around. Let's see a thread on this!

I would love to help you out here but I really have no idea at this time. I am not familiar with UNC (yet) and the success of the Cowboy's 2008 season is going to depend on the defense IMO. Spring practice is late this year but hopefully we will get an idea when that starts. Johnstonge may step in here and provide some discussion or start a thread as you suggested.

Does anyone have a link to the UNC forum?

jonmac
March 5th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I would love to help you out here but I really have no idea at this time. I am not familiar with UNC (yet) and the success of the Cowboy's 2008 season is going to depend on the defense IMO. Spring practice is late this year but hopefully we will get an idea when that starts. Johnstonge may step in here and provide some discussion or start a thread as you suggested.

I'm not sure, but I do know that if you visit they probably won't even know that you're there due to their noses being so high in the air. And I also doubt that their football boards, if they even exist, will be active right now due to their almighty basketball season being at its height right now.

proasu89
March 5th, 2008, 08:48 PM

http://northcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=216&tid=107775139&mid=107775139&sid=941&style=2

that should be the free football board.

Appstate29
March 5th, 2008, 08:59 PM
http://northcarolina.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=216&tid=107775139&mid=107775139&sid=941&style=2

HAHA read the one topic about the FSU scandal and the one idiot saying he doesn't believe Carolina does anything wrong...hahahahha I know exactly where Raymond Felton is from (Charlotte isn't too far away from Latta), and I know exactly what Raymond Felton was driving before he graduated. HAHAHA
I hate Carolina GO MCNEESE!

McNeese75
March 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM

Thank you sir!!

'neers79
March 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Being a McNease (long story about the spelling) and an App grad, and a UNC hater, ASU and McNeese both winning would make my weekend.

T-Dog
March 6th, 2008, 12:39 AM
According to the people close to the team on MMB, the game is "for certain" going to be on Monday night. Take that for what you will but these are the same people that called the game being scheduled in the first place.

McNeese72
March 6th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you sir!!

I looked up the UNC messageboards when I heard the rumor about us playing them (before it was announced). Besides the Rivals board there is also a Scout board located at:

UNC Scout Board (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78#s=78)

Doc

lizrdgizrd
March 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Speaking of this. The question has been asked before about the Great West having its own forum. How come this is so? And why no separate forums for other conferences? I'm not complaining, just wondering, as this might help with some of the perceived problem with this thread.(which I am truly enjoying, by the way.)
This was answered in that thread you asked the same question in a month or so ago.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=861190&postcount=6

appmountaineer
March 6th, 2008, 10:11 AM
According to the people close to the team on MMB, the game is "for certain" going to be on Monday night. Take that for what you will but these are the same people that called the game being scheduled in the first place.

Interesting... I wouldn't mind being at this game on mon. Just means missing some class

jonmac
March 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
This was answered in that thread you asked the same question in a month or so ago.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=861190&postcount=6

Thanks. Sorry, never caught the answer in that thread. And I couldn't remember the thread before I asked again. I knew there was one just couldn't remember what it was in reference to.

McTailGator
March 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Being a McNease (long story about the spelling) and an App grad, and a UNC hater, ASU and McNeese both winning would make my weekend.

I was talking to the manager at the McNeese bookstore a few years ago. She told me that McNeese sells a crap load of branded clothing from the McNeese bookstore website to people from around the world with the last name McNEESE.

I wish I could find a universty out there with my last name too. xsmiley_wix

ericsaid
March 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Awesome

T-Dog
March 6th, 2008, 05:28 PM

That Monday is Labor Day, 9/1/08, exactly one year after the Big House, xthumbsupx so there will be no school that day.

ericsaid
March 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Well, that won't hurt Appalachian's recruiting I wouldn't think.

AppStFan76
March 6th, 2008, 07:32 PM
That Monday is Labor Day, 9/1/08, exactly one year after the Big House, xthumbsupx so there will be no school that day.

I hope we get the game moved to that day! 9/1 is our lucky day, it's the day of the year we set aside to upset big FBS teamsxsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

AppStFan76
March 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Maybe they will put LSU up for sale if we beat them!!

By the way has anyone else heard that rumor, that they were shutting down LSU? I read that somewhere the otherday. I just thought it was because they were afraid to play us.

Probably just another crazy rumor.

udchuck
March 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM

By the way has anyone else heard that rumor, that they were shutting down LSU? I read that somewhere the otherday. I just thought it was because they were afraid to play us.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Mouse
March 6th, 2008, 09:29 PM
nice!!

neersnbeers
March 6th, 2008, 10:39 PM
GO APP!!!!!!!

813Jag
March 7th, 2008, 05:35 AM

They're shutting down the largest school in Louisiana? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AppStFan76
March 7th, 2008, 06:21 AM
They're shutting down the largest school in Louisiana? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I had a good laugh over that one too! But I seriously did read that on a message board, there were people saying that they had heard the rumors confirmed by students and that all the stuff on campus was being sold on ebay!

The realy funny thing was there were people buying it xlolx xlolx xlolx

813Jag
March 7th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I had a good laugh over that one too! But I seriously did read that on a message board, there were people saying that they had heard the rumors confirmed by students and that all the stuff on campus was being sold on ebay!

The realy funny thing was there were people buying it xlolx xlolx xlolx
That's the best laugh I've had in a while. If LSU closed then all other schools in La would have to close. There's no way we'd still be open across town. xlolx

AppStFan76
March 7th, 2008, 07:06 AM
That's the best laugh I've had in a while. If LSU closed then all other schools in La would have to close. There's no way we'd still be open across town. xlolx

Of course if we do beat LSU I will have to change my avitar!!xsmiley_wix

AppStFan76
March 7th, 2008, 07:17 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/national_champion_lsu_retires_at

Thought yall might enjoy this article. This is obviously where the rumor came from!

813Jag
March 7th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Of course if we do beat LSU I will have to change my avitar!!xsmiley_wix
If that happens, I'm going to buy some App stuff and go back to Baton Rouge the next week. xlolx xlolx

AppStFan76
March 7th, 2008, 07:25 AM
If that happens, I'm going to buy some App stuff and go back to Baton Rouge the next week. xlolx xlolx

You should probably go ahead and buy that App stuff, cause after we beat LSU the prices are sure to up, and will be even harder to come by!xnodx xnodx

I think we need a bigger "for sale" sign this time!xlolx

D1B
March 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
App by 9. Bet on it.xnodx

AshevilleApp2
March 7th, 2008, 10:08 AM

Somebody please stop this man. xlolx xlolx

Appinator
March 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Who gave Hillary Clinton access to this site?????

udchuck
March 7th, 2008, 10:25 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AppStFan76
March 7th, 2008, 10:33 AM

I have been assured that Appaholic will take care of that!!xlolx xlolx

McDABest
March 8th, 2008, 12:51 AM

Sorry, the Tiger in me woke up because I say no IF LSU comes into that game focused.

JohnStOnge
March 8th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Sorry, the Tiger in me woke up because I say no IF LSU comes into that game focused.

My prediction is LSU by 21. On one hand, I think fans of FBS schools in general and BCS schools in particular underestimate the caliber of top FCS schools. On the other hand, I think a lot of FCS fans have been overestimating App State as compared to BCS league schools since the upset of Michigan.

To keep perspective: App State has won three consecutive I-AA/FCS championships. But during that that three year time frame, the Mountaineers went 1-3 against BCS league opponents. The three losses were by 13, 24, and 28 points. The one win was by 2 points at the end of a game during which App State was outgained 479 to 397 in total yards. The opponent averaged 6.2 yards per rush to App's 3.4.

App's win over Michigan was a huge accomplishment. Remarkable. But I think that, in the context of the caliber of football played in the BCS leagues, the Mountaineers of 2007 would have been a below average team. And I think that most reasonable college football fans would agree with me.

The same is going to be true in 2008. LSU is going to have a much higher overall talent level than App. It's not impossible for App to win. I once read about a guy who won millions in a lottery in some midwestern State, retired and moved to Florida, then won millions in the lottery in Florida. Unlikely things do happen.

But is is very unlikely that App is going to win this game and I think the most probable outcome is App being reasonably competetive but LSU winning by a comfortable double-digit margin.

ericsaid
March 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
My prediction is LSU by 21. On one hand, I think fans of FBS schools in general and BCS schools in particular underestimate the caliber of top FCS schools. On the other hand, I think a lot of FCS fans have been overestimating App State as compared to BCS league schools since the upset of Michigan.

To keep perspective: App State has won three consecutive I-AA/FCS championships. But during that that three year time frame, the Mountaineers went 1-3 against BCS league opponents. The three losses were by 13, 24, and 28 points. The one win was by 2 points at the end of a game during which App State was outgained 479 to 397 in total yards. The opponent averaged 6.2 yards per rush to App's 3.4.

App's win over Michigan was a huge accomplishment. Remarkable. But I think that, in the context of the caliber of football played in the BCS leagues, the Mountaineers of 2007 would have been a below average team. And I think that most reasonable college football fans would agree with me.

The same is going to be true in 2008. LSU is going to have a much higher overall talent level than App. It's not impossible for App to win. I once read about a guy who won millions in a lottery in some midwestern State, retired and moved to Florida, then won millions in the lottery in Florida. Unlikely things do happen.

But is is very unlikely that App is going to win this game and I think the most probable outcome is App being reasonably competetive but LSU winning by a comfortable double-digit margin.

I agree with you on most parts. I doubt they will win by a "comfortable double-digit lead." I could see maybe anywhere from 10 to 17 points.

The only way Appalachian will win is if they get in a shootout and have the ball last. In that case I say they need to score around 35 points to win or have a chance.

AppGrad06
March 8th, 2008, 10:01 AM

Oh I agree with you. App in general is not at the same level as a the top FBS teams. Could we beat teams like Marshall and WKU regularly? Most likely. But I do expect them to be able to walk into the stadiums of major BCS contenders and come away with a victory. That's why on the occasion that it happens they call it an upset, and an upset victory is just that much sweeter. I doubt we can pull this one off, but I hope we can.

AppStFan76
March 8th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Sure I think all reasonable people know that the likelyhood of App winning at Tiger Stadium in not very likely. But its fun to talk a little smack, because we did beat Michigan when they were ranked #5[B]. Every App fan knows a win is probably not in the cards.

But I think thats what sets apart from alot of other schools, we will always have that [B]maybe, we dont automaticly rule ourselves out when faced with addversity. Its what seperates the men from the boys as they say!

udchuck
March 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
You should probably go ahead and buy that App stuff, cause after we beat LSU the prices are sure to up, and will be even harder to come by!xnodx xnodx

I think we need a bigger "for sale" sign this time!xlolx

Actually,You should not buy any Appy stuff because when LSU kicks Appy's butt the "Stuff" will be almost Free.xlolx xthumbsupx

gvilleapp
March 8th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Actually,You should not buy any Appy stuff because when LSU kicks Appy's butt the "Stuff" will be almost Free.xlolx xthumbsupx

Talked to a guy at the gym this morning with a Appalachian T-shirt on. Found out he was a Ohio State grad and loved wearing our shirts almost as much as his OSU stuff. Very, very cool.

neersnbeers
March 8th, 2008, 02:03 PM

At least theres value in most App gear. Believe the UD #5 jersey is only thing worth paying for.

jus joshing w/yaxsmiley_wix

udchuck
March 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM
At least theres value in most App gear. Believe the UD #5 jersey is only thing worth paying for.

jus joshing w/yaxsmiley_wix

Last I heard it was worth 3.66 :)

jonmac
March 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Can someone please tell me why it is soooooo wrong for us to believe that we have a better than average chance to win this game? Even as an App fan I would be comletely appalled if any of you folks from other schools thought any differently if your programs were riding the wave that we are. I know most of you of are just poking fun and talking just enough smack to keep the thread off the smack board but some posts I'm not too sure about. And I know you all get tired of hearing App fans lift up our program, how dare any fan of any program do that? I guess what I'm saying is, why all the hate? Come on folks.

Whew, thanks for hearing me out. Back to the normal banter.:)

McDABest
March 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Can someone please tell me why it is soooooo wrong for us to believe that we have a better than average chance to win this game? Even as an App fan I would be comletely appalled if any of you folks from other schools thought any differently if your programs were riding the wave that we are. I know most of you of are just poking fun and talking just enough smack to keep the thread off the smack board but some posts I'm not too sure about. And I know you all get tired of hearing App fans lift up our program, how dare any fan of any program do that? I guess what I'm saying is, why all the hate? Come on folks.

Whew, thanks for hearing me out. Back to the normal banter.:)

I agree with everything, but I'm a part-time LSU fan. As a tiger, I've been riding a wave last year...trust me. (I wish McNeese would hop on a wave sooner or later because it would be more fun to ride that wave. Imagine a blue and gold team beat the more famous blue and gold team.xsmiley_wix )

JohnStOnge
March 9th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Can someone please tell me why it is soooooo wrong for us to believe that we have a better than average chance to win this game?

I don't see how it could be wrong for anybody to believe anything about football. But what do you mean by "better than average?" If you mean better than the average chance App is going to have for any given game during 2008, I don't think App is going to have a better than average chance. I don't think anybody's going to disagree with the idea that LSU is almost certainly going to be the best team App plays.

If you mean thinking that App State should be the favorite (i.e., there's better than a 50 percent chance that App will win), I don't think most reasonable people would agree with that. I suspect the overwhelming majority of fans...even App fans...think that LSU is and should be the favorite.

jonmac
March 9th, 2008, 09:15 PM
I don't see how it could be wrong for anybody to believe anything about football. But what do you mean by "better than average?" If you mean better than the average chance App is going to have for any given game during 2008, I don't think App is going to have a better than average chance. I don't think anybody's going to disagree with the idea that LSU is almost certainly going to be the best team App plays.

If you mean thinking that App State should be the favorite (i.e., there's better than a 50 percent chance that App will win), I don't think most reasonable people would agree with that. I suspect the overwhelming majority of fans...even App fans...think that LSU is and should be the favorite.

OK, let me explain. LSU is and should be the favorite, so I didn't mean it like that. And yes, LSU is the best team we will play, so I didn't mean it that way either. I simply meant that with the run we're having and the talent that we should be able to put on the field this season, we have a better chance to win THIS season (and I believe that is a real chance) than others. I guess I should not have used that phrase, sorry.

My main point is that I would expect any of you out there, if in our situation, to feel the same way. And I personally would not belittle any of you for feeling that and don't understand why so many feel the need to belittle us. Well, I do understand it, but playing the hater of other teams is no way to really be fan of your team. But hey, I'm just an idealistic, Mr. Nice Guy, so what do I know?:)

ursus arctos horribilis
March 9th, 2008, 09:37 PM
OK, let me explain. LSU is and should be the favorite, so I didn't mean it like that. And yes, LSU is the best team we will play, so I didn't mean it that way either. I simply meant that with the run we're having and the talent that we should be able to put on the field this season, we have a better chance to win THIS season (and I believe that is a real chance) than others. I guess I should not have used that phrase, sorry.

My main point is that I would expect any of you out there, if in our situation, to feel the same way. And I personally would not belittle any of you for feeling that and don't understand why so many feel the need to belittle us. Well, I do understand it, but playing the hater of other teams is no way to really be fan of your team. But hey, I'm just an idealistic, Mr. Nice Guy, so what do I know?:)

I guess if you want to call some of us haters for not looking at things through the same set of rose colored glasses that some of the App fans are sporting then that's alright by me. However some of us pointing out that we don't agree that App is better at this position and that position does not make us haters. Some of the App fans are saying some of the most baseless ***** about this game that I can remember reading on here. App could win this game. I don't think anybody is saying it's an absolute that they will lose it. It is however unlikely that App will win and thus the reason that it would be a great upset if they did. What you are calling "hater ism" by some of the rebuttals is what's known as common sense by a lot of us.

jonmac
March 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I guess if you want to call some of us haters for not looking at things through the same set of rose colored glasses that some of the App fans are sporting then that's alright by me. However some of us pointing out that we don't agree that App is better at this position and that position does not make us haters. Some of the App fans are saying some of the most baseless ***** about this game that I can remember reading on here. App could win this game. I don't think anybody is saying it's an absolute that they will lose it. It is however unlikely that App will win and thus the reason that it would be a great upset if they did. What you are calling "hater ism" by some of the rebuttals is what's known as common sense by a lot of us.

I'm sorry but my common sense tells me not pull against any team unless they are playing my team. And even then I am more pulling for my team than against the other team. And I know that not all of you are pulling against us. I just don't see the point in hating other teams. They are simply other teams and only a threat to my team when we play head to head. And I think there are many saying it is an absolute that we lose especially those predicting 30-40 point spreads. What else would you call that? Making outlandish claims and believing in our team are two different things and I agree that some have made outlandish claims and I don't like that either. But I would expect each and every other person on this board to be as excited as we are and believe greatly in our chances for victory as we do. And maybe even as overzealous as some of us are. And I would have no problem with that. Would I wish it were us? Yes. Would I hate your team because of it? No, more power to you.

My attitude toward this is what makes me cringe when I here someone say that they are an "anybody but "x team" fan."

Take what we have to say about App with a grain of salt, we are simply fans of and proud of our team and believe that we can play with anybody. I hope all of you have an opportunity to be in our position some day(some of you are.)

I understand that all of you don't agree and though I'm not OK with that, I'm OK with that.

I guess it's not the content of the posts I have a problem with but more the tone of some of them. And I'll get over it. xpeacex

Jerbearasu
March 10th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I still don't see where you think people are hating. Nobody has come out and said I hope App gets pounded into the ground. I think most fans on here want us to win (just like I always want to see other FCS teams beat FBS schools) but obviously realize that it is not likely to happen. That is not hating.

I think realistically if this game were to be played 20 times:
-2-3 times we would get blown out pretty good because of dumb early mistakes
-10 times we would hang in tough in the first half with a really close game only to lose steam in the 2nd half and bow out by ~20
-5 times we would keep it tough all the way through and lose by 10ish
-2-3 times we would be in it at the end with a shot to win and we might be able to win 1 of those times

That is not hating. I am a HUGE App fan but this is realistic. Pulling for your team and being realistic about the expectations are two different things. I know we can catch lightning in a bottle but what I really want to see out of this game is a solid showing and I want to see some of our newcomers do well so they can build confidence for the season.

udchuck
March 10th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'm sorry but my common sense tells me not pull against any team unless they are playing my team. And even then I am more pulling for my team than against the other team. And I know that not all of you are pulling against us. I just don't see the point in hating other teams. They are simply other teams and only a threat to my team when we play head to head. And I think there are many saying it is an absolute that we lose especially those predicting 30-40 point spreads. What else would you call that? Making outlandish claims and believing in our team are two different things and I agree that some have made outlandish claims and I don't like that either. But I would expect each and every other person on this board to be as excited as we are and believe greatly in our chances for victory as we do. And maybe even as overzealous as some of us are. And I would have no problem with that. Would I wish it were us? Yes. Would I hate your team because of it? No, more power to you.

My attitude toward this is what makes me cringe when I here someone say that they are an "anybody but "x team" fan."

Take what we have to say about App with a grain of salt, we are simply fans of and proud of our team and believe that we can play with anybody. I hope all of you have an opportunity to be in our position some day(some of you are.)

I understand that all of you don't agree and though I'm not OK with that, I'm OK with that.

I guess it's not the content of the posts I have a problem with but more the tone of some of them. And I'll get over it. xpeacex

xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx I just want to (sob,sob )tell you I was [sob sob]one of the guy's that[sob sob]said Appy will lose by [sob sob] 31 points.[sobbbbbbbbb]

Appaholic
March 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Last I heard it was worth 3.66 :)

Good for him.....we'll be happy with 3-0....good for us...xsmiley_wix

muletrain
March 10th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Three things must happen to have a ball game:
1. Two quick scores by App
2. +2 takeaways
3. The Kickoff team must cover

Look at the breakdown:

ASU - advantages: QB, Linebackers, maybe the front four maybe

LSU - advantages: Secondary, Special Teams, Backs, maybe recievers but probably not, and of course depth.

ADVANTAGE ASU: Motivation, nothing to loose, COACHING yes COACHING. There is a hand written legal pad with Jerry's plan ready today. Anybody remember Auburn a few years ago.

This game is so similar to the SEPT 1, 2007 game - LSU is bigger, playing at home, Ranked, supposed to win, fast, and has a their fair share of arrogance.

I like it, more than the Michigan game. Why? They do not have the skill positions returning that Michigan did. Michigan had 3 Heisman hopefulls. Win or loose it will be a ball game. A stellar performance and resulting injurys would be the worst threat to the Mountaineers. Win or loose, and I am no big LSU fan, I'll be pulling for them to run the table in FBS. We joked last year at Kidd Brewer that when the Citadel was tied with Wisconson at the half that the Big-Ten Championship would be held in Charleston this year. Yes, we App fans will be pulling for Georgia Southern. Maybe just maybe we can play the SEC championship in Statesboro!!

This certainly sniffs of a ball game.............Breathe deep!! It'll be here in quick enough!

Rekdiver
March 10th, 2008, 02:13 PM
somebody has been drinking black and gold kool-aid..........

McNeese75
March 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Three things must happen to have a ball game:
1. Two quick scores by App
2. +2 takeaways
3. The Kickoff team must cover

Look at the breakdown:

ASU - advantages: QB, Linebackers, maybe the front four maybe

LSU - advantages: Secondary, Special Teams, Backs, maybe recievers but probably not, and of course depth.

ADVANTAGE ASU: Motivation, nothing to loose, COACHING yes COACHING. There is a hand written legal pad with Jerry's plan ready today. Anybody remember Auburn a few years ago.

This game is so similar to the SEPT 1, 2007 game - LSU is bigger, playing at home, Ranked, supposed to win, fast, and has a their fair share of arrogance.

I like it, more than the Michigan game. Why? They do not have the skill positions returning that Michigan did. Michigan had 3 Heisman hopefulls. Win or loose it will be a ball game. A stellar performance and resulting injurys would be the worst threat to the Mountaineers. Win or loose, and I am no big LSU fan, I'll be pulling for them to run the table in FBS. We joked last year at Kidd Brewer that when the Citadel was tied with Wisconson at the half that the Big-Ten Championship would be held in Charleston this year. Yes, we App fans will be pulling for Georgia Southern. Maybe just maybe we can play the SEC championship in Statesboro!!

This certainly sniffs of a ball game.............Breathe deep!! It'll be here in quick enough!

xrolleyesx xlolx

asu7
March 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx xbowx
I just hope we get off the dang bus!
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

ericsaid
March 10th, 2008, 04:46 PM
35-24

JohnStOnge
March 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Appalachian State isn't going to have the advantage at defensive line or linebacker. And, as good as AE is, they are probably not going to have the advantage at QB is Ryan Perrilloux plays.

Jerbearasu
March 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Appalachian State isn't going to have the advantage at defensive line or linebacker. And, as good as AE is, they are probably not going to have the advantage at QB is Ryan Perrilloux plays.

I agree with you on D-line. I would contend that our starting LB's are just as good as LSU's though. I don't think any of our backups match up either but our starters are studs...

As for AE vs Ryan Perrilloux... I don't know. I think the system we run is perfect for Armanti and I feel more comfortable with him running it than I would Perilloux.

ericsaid
March 10th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Well anyone who can run and throw fits in perfectly for App's system to be honest.

I take back my score. 35-21, since ASU will have an underclassmen PK he misses a FG attempt maybe two.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 10th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I still don't see where you think people are hating. Nobody has come out and said I hope App gets pounded into the ground. I think most fans on here want us to win (just like I always want to see other FCS teams beat FBS schools) but obviously realize that it is not likely to happen. That is not hating.

I think realistically if this game were to be played 20 times:
-2-3 times we would get blown out pretty good because of dumb early mistakes
-10 times we would hang in tough in the first half with a really close game only to lose steam in the 2nd half and bow out by ~20
-5 times we would keep it tough all the way through and lose by 10ish
-2-3 times we would be in it at the end with a shot to win and we might be able to win 1 of those times

That is not hating. I am a HUGE App fan but this is realistic. Pulling for your team and being realistic about the expectations are two different things. I know we can catch lightning in a bottle but what I really want to see out of this game is a solid showing and I want to see some of our newcomers do well so they can build confidence for the season.

Thank you for understanding that most of us are not hating but simply trying to throw some objectivity into this discussion. I will be rooting for the App victory like 99% of the others on this board will be.

Jerbearasu
March 10th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Well anyone who can run and throw fits in perfectly for App's system to be honest.

I take back my score. 35-21, since ASU will have an underclassmen PK he misses a FG attempt maybe two.

I understand your point about the QB thing but I think we are looking at it in two different ways. My point being shown through Trey Elder. Elder was a great QB who could run and throw. However, you can't tell me that he was best suited for ASU's offense (I actually think he best fit into what JMU runs but that's another point altogether). Both Armanti and Richie Williams have the elusiveness that I think Perilloux and Elder lacked so they weren't best suited for App's O. Elder was really good for us and I am extatic he will be helping coach next year. I see Perilloux as being quite similar to Elder (granted far better than).

I also agree with you on the PK thing. I would be more worried about the situation except for the fact that JM rarely kicks the ball. I only fear a tight ballgame where he needs to make the kick.

SoCon48
March 11th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I understand your point about the QB thing but I think we are looking at it in two different ways. My point being shown through Trey Elder. Elder was a great QB who could run and throw. However, you can't tell me that he was best suited for ASU's offense (I actually think he best fit into what JMU runs but that's another point altogether). Both Armanti and Richie Williams have the elusiveness that I think Perilloux and Elder lacked so they weren't best suited for App's O. Elder was really good for us and I am extatic he will be helping coach next year. I see Perilloux as being quite similar to Elder (granted far better than).

I also agree with you on the PK thing. I would be more worried about the situation except for the fact that JM rarely kicks the ball. I only fear a tight ballgame where he needs to make the kick.

Rarely might be an overstatement. We attempted 3 FG's in the Michigan win alone in spite of Armanti's success in moving the ball. (4 XP's after all 4 TD's). Maybe saying we didn't need to kick so much the last two seasons is a better fit. ;)

In all we attempted 21 FG's and 83 XP's last season. Basically kicked when the situation called for it except when a TD or a 3rd/4th down conversion was more probable.

I see your point in comparison to other programs, though. Just hoping that we don't need to kick any more this coming seaason either.

lizrdgizrd
March 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I think this is the perfect opportunity for Vitaris. If he misses the clutch against LSU, no problem, sure he's the goat, but the fact that we came that close to winning means a lot for us. He then also knows what pressure really is and how it affects him - that'll help him for the rest of the season and the playoffs. He makes it, then of course he's king! xlolx

ericsaid
March 11th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Personally I think Trey wouldhave taken App to the National Championship too just because of how good the players around him were. He's a great quarterback and if he would have had more playing time he may have ended up in the CFL.

But I do see your point and I agree. Also he may have fit into Richmonds offense pretty well.

ericsaid
March 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I think this is the perfect opportunity for Vitaris. If he misses the clutch against LSU, no problem, sure he's the goat, but the fact that we came that close to winning means a lot for us. He then also knows what pressure really is and how it affects him - that'll help him for the rest of the season and the playoffs. He makes it, then of course he's king! xlolx

JM also gave a scholorship to a PK this time around, so he may be the starting place kicker come August, who knows.

If the game comes down to a field goal to win it for App I don't think any BCS team will doubt again that they should be taken seriously, regardless if he makes the kick or not.

jonmac
March 13th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Still shooting for 2000? Bump

Appinator
March 13th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Still shooting for 2000? Bump

Well right now, as of your post, we are averaging 19.7575 posts a day (652posts/33 days the thread has been open= 19.7575 post per day).

At this rate, with the remaining days left untill and including August 30th, we are on pace for 4,010.78 total posts (19.7575 post per day * 203 the total number of days from Feb. 9th untill August 30th = 4010.787)

We'll be at 2000 mid Mayxlolx xlolx xnodx

ERASU2113
March 13th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Well right now, as of your post, we are averaging 19.7575 posts a day (652posts/33 days the thread has been open= 19.7575 post per day).

At this rate, with the remaining days left untill and including August 30th, we are on pace for 4,010.78 total posts (19.7575 post per day * 203 the total number of days from Feb. 9th untill August 30th = 4010.7575)

Go get'em champ! :D xbowx xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
March 13th, 2008, 08:32 AM

At this rate, with the remaining days left untill and including August 30th, we are on pace for 4,010.78 total posts (19.7575 post per day * 203 the total number of days from Feb. 9th untill August 30th = 4010.7575)

That is some high level math, my head hurts just reading that. xlolx

AppStFan76
March 13th, 2008, 09:20 AM

At this rate, with the remaining days left untill and including August 30th, we are on pace for 4,010.78 total posts (19.7575 post per day * 203 the total number of days from Feb. 9th untill August 30th = 4010.787)

Can you figure out how many views there will be by game day?xlolx xlolx

Touchdown Yosef
March 13th, 2008, 09:22 AM

I'm sure he could, he sounds like he may be some kind of statistician. Every think of working for ESPN Appinator?

biggie
March 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM

Currently based on the 21,510 Views when I looked, would give us roughly 132,319.07 Views by game day.

ERASU2113
March 13th, 2008, 09:50 AM
What about the game day thread?

Appinator
March 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM

Ha, Better question: Number of other FCS fans we have annoyed with our predictions and analysis. There would have to be some serious calcs going on there.

I'm sure he could, he sounds like he may be some kind of statistician. Every think of working for ESPN Appinator?

I would punk Matthew Berry and his team of Fantasy Football statisticians like Marv Levy in a Super Bowl.

AppGrad06
March 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Ha, Better question: Number of other FCS fans we have annoyed with our predictions and analysis. There would have to be some serious calcs going on there.

I would punk Matthew Berry and his team of Fantasy Football statisticians like Marv Levy in a Super Bowl.

Don't go bashing my Bills now. Maybe the curse of loosing to the Giants in the Super Bowl has been transfered to the Patsies now.

Touchdown Yosef
March 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM

I prefer the analogy to the Cowboys playoff record over the last decade.

Appinator
March 13th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Don't go bashing my Bills now. Maybe the curse of loosing to the Giants in the Super Bowl has been transfered to the Patsies now.

No offense intended, I just needed an analogy to paint the picture verbally.

AppGrad06
March 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
None was actually taken. I was just josh'n with ya.

AppStFan76
March 17th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Any word on the game being moved to Monday? I know the LSU fans are saying no way it gets moved but they also said no way they would be playing App!

jonmac
March 18th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Any word on the game being moved to Monday? I know the LSU fans are saying no way it gets moved but they also said no way they would be playing App!

David Jackson stated today in his "Around the Mountain" audio segment that the game will be played as scheduled, on Saturday.

Check it out at goasu.com

AppStFan76
March 18th, 2008, 02:19 PM
David Jackson stated today in his "Around the Mountain" audio segment that the game will be played as scheduled, on Saturday.

Check it out at goasu.com

Thanks I'll stop hoping for a 9/1/08 game. It would have been cool to have the game on Monday night! Probably makes more sense to have it on Saturday we'll be more likely to have more fans there on Saturday

GGASU
March 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks I'll stop hoping for a 9/1/08 game. It would have been cool to have the game on Monday night! Probably makes more sense to have it on Saturday we'll be more likely to have more fans there on Saturday

Tigerdroppings reported that LSU refused the move to Monday.

neersnbeers
March 18th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Tigerdroppings reported that LSU refused the move to Monday.

Yes. LSU turned ESPN's Monday night offer down. Would have killed their attendance..........Toooo Badddddxsmiley_wix

appsfan
March 18th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Yes. LSU turned ESPN's Monday night offer down. Would have killed their attendance..........Toooo Badddddxsmiley_wix

It would have been nice to have a National TV game but in the other hand, it will make it easier to have my pregame "tailgate" party at my house. xprost2x

813Jag
March 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Just remember this, it took Hurricane Katrina to get LSU to play a game on a Monday Night. LSU doesn't even like to have day games at Tiger Stadium.

neersnbeers
March 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
It would have been nice to have a National TV game but in the other hand, it will make it easier to have my pregame "tailgate" party at my house. xprost2x

I have a good feeling it still will be:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3264057

McNeese72
March 19th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I have a good feeling it still will be:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3264057

Why? There is nothing listed about it on that page.

Knowing what I know about LSU football, LSU football fans, and night games at LSU, I wouldn't be surprised if LSU told them no.

Doc

813Jag
March 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM

Knowing what I know about LSU football, LSU football fans, and night games at LSU, I wouldn't be surprised if LSU told them no.

Doc
Me either. LSU fans love night games, it's their tradition.

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Doc

Why would they not want there first game of the season broadcast on ESPN? I thought ESPN had a hand in putting this game togetherxconfusedx

AppGrad06
March 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Why would they not want there first game of the season broadcast on ESPN? I thought ESPN had a hand in putting this game togetherxconfusedx

Well that article was last updated in September before LSU v. App was on the books so it doesn't really mean anything. Their whole schedule may be completely different at this point.

CopperCat
March 19th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Just remember this, it took Hurricane Katrina to get LSU to play a game on a Monday Night. LSU doesn't even like to have day games at Tiger Stadium.

Kind of like how Montana doesn't like to schedule any OOC road games?xwhistlex

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I hope this game is on TV, not sure if I'm going to be able to make it to the game. If its not on TV I'm finding a way to the game.

I figured with the whole Champs vs. Champs thing it would be on TV for sure

McNeese72
March 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM

Same reason McNeese fans would rather play on Saturday night than on Fox Sports Southwest on a Thursday night. We rather the gate on Saturday night and the fans love the all day tailgating (and Friday afternoon) before the game. We don't need the pub that bad

If they want us on TV, they can broadcast it from Cowboy Stadium on Saturday night.

It's the same with LSU but only bigger. Bigger gate and more fans who'd rather Saturday night.

Both places with both schools and with both fan bases it has become a tradition of Saturday Night games. Being on TV isn't everything.

Doc

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Same reason McNeese fans would rather play on Saturday night than on Fox Sports Southwest on a Thursday night. We rather the gate on Saturday night and the fans love the all day tailgating (and Friday afternoon) before the game. We don't need the pub that bad

If they want us on TV, they can broadcast it from Cowboy Stadium on Saturday night.

It's the same with LSU but only bigger. Bigger gate and more fans who'd rather Saturday night.

Both places with both schools and with both fan bases it has become a tradition of Saturday Night games. Being on TV isn't everything.

Doc

I hear you.

Guess I'm looking at it from a totally different perspective! I just cant imagine that this game will not be televised. Its the first time the National Champs from both divisions have ever played and on top of that its the first game of the season for both.

Its a media dream if you ask me!

udchuck
March 19th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I hear you.

Guess I'm looking at it from a totally different perspective! I just cant imagine that this game will not be televised. Its the first time the National Champs from both divisions have ever played and on top of that its the first game of the season for both.

Which house is yours ???
http://us.f326.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=8672_9766285_4738_3113_141813_0_32977_207638 _1324236844&bodyPart=2.2.2.2&YY=99064&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=15

udchuck
March 19th, 2008, 09:57 PM

Party at your House ? which house is yours ?

McNeese72
March 20th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I hear you.

To LSU and the LSU fans, it is just another non-conference game with a "lower level" school. Just like some of the McNeese fans and App. St. fans would look at a game with a Div II team, even if that team was the Div II N.C. from the year before.

Doc

lizrdgizrd
March 20th, 2008, 10:02 AM
To LSU and the LSU fans, it is just another non-conference game with a "lower level" school. Just like some of the McNeese fans and App. St. fans would look at a game with a Div II team, even if that team was the Div II N.C. from the year before.

Doc

I don't know. I'd take the DII champ pretty seriously.

AppStFan76
March 20th, 2008, 10:30 AM

As would I especially if they were the Back to Back to Back National Champs and had defeated a top 5 FCS team the year before.

Not saying I would expect to loose but would at least take the game seriously

AppStFan76
March 20th, 2008, 10:35 AM
To quote sorry Moore following the Michigan Game "We've got Lenoir Rhynl coming to our house next week"

McNeese72
March 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM

I would, too. But that is why I used the term "some McNeese fans". Some McNeese fans would look and see "Div II" and then automatically right them off and want to pencil in a W. But I definitely wouldn't.

I'm just pointing out the mindset of some of the typical LSU fans.

Doc

AppGrad06
March 20th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I have a feeling the game will still be on TV whether it's on Monday or Saturday every early indication (including some quotes by Moore) was that it would be covered by ESPN and I have yet to to see anything, other than speculation, that indicates otherwise.

The Moody1
March 20th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I have a feeling the game will still be on TV whether it's on Monday or Saturday every early indication (including some quotes by Moore) was that it would be covered by ESPN and I have yet to to see anything, other than speculation, that indicates otherwise.

The game will be on Saturday and I think, if it is not on a main ESPN network, it will be televised on ESPN Game Plan.

AppStFan76
March 20th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Anybody heard any more about Perrilloux? Last I heard on the Tiger Rant he was supposed to be at spring practice this week or next. Would be nice to know if his situation has changed or not.

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Just saw on LSU message board RP should be back @ practice tomorrow

813Jag
March 25th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Just saw on LSU message board RP should be back @ practice tomorrow
Anybody surprised by that news raise your hand. xlolx

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 02:16 PM

Alot of LSU fans are saying they should sit him out against App to teach him a lesson.xnodx

McNeese72
March 25th, 2008, 02:25 PM

LOL!

The only way he wouldn't be back would be if he was convicted of murder or something like that. :-)

Doc

813Jag
March 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM
LOL!

The only way he wouldn't be back would be if he was convicted of murder or something like that. :-)

Doc
That's my point.

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
I think if he murdered someone they would try and get a deal worked out so he could get out for games. maybe they could change their uniform colors to black and white stripes or maybe just orange!

neersnbeers
March 25th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I think if he murdered someone they would try and get a deal worked out so he could get out for games. maybe they could change their uniform colors to black and white stripes or maybe just orange!

Already wearing those in Tallahassee.xeekx xlolx xlolx

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Already wearing those in Tallahassee.xeekx xlolx xlolx

amen

AppStFan76
March 26th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Any predations about how many times the App V/S Michigan game will be referenced on TV the first weekend of the 08. football season.

neersnbeers
March 26th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Any predations about how many times the App V/S Michigan game will be referenced on TV the first weekend of the 08. football season.

get it?

KiddBrewer
March 26th, 2008, 12:40 PM
when did appalachian state play michigan?xcoffeex

CatFan22
March 26th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Good God. How is this thread at 70 pages? xrotatehx xlolx

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 12:52 PM
when did appalachian state play michigan?xcoffeex

yeah I hadn't heard that either;)

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Good God. How is this thread at 70 pages? xrotatehx xlolx

make that 71

CatFan22
March 26th, 2008, 12:54 PM
make that 71

Touche.

AppStFan76
March 26th, 2008, 01:20 PM
yeah I hadn't heard that either;)

oh you didn't hear about it. Itxsmiley_wix was kind of a big deal!

ericsaid
March 26th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'm kind of a big deal.

furman94
March 26th, 2008, 05:50 PM
you're a big deal?

McNeese75
March 26th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm kind of a big deal.

xnodx A Legend in your own mind!! xlolx xpeacex

furman94
March 26th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Isn't everyone?

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM
alright only 1291 more posts till we hit 2000

APPdopted
March 27th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Just saw the news that Ryan Perrilloux is back with the team:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3315406

SoCon48
March 27th, 2008, 02:00 PM

And we may not have Tim Washington. Not in Spring practice. Moore says Tim needs some time.

muletrain
March 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Kinda expected it before August......Best vs. best again! Thanks Les!

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
I am a huge deal, in and out of my own mindxnodx

ericsaid
March 27th, 2008, 03:51 PM
And Tim Washington will be ready come fall. He's just letting this past seasons wound heal.

SoCon48
March 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
And Tim Washington will be ready come fall. He's just letting this past seasons wound heal.

Has nothing to do with his injury.

AppGrad06
March 28th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Has nothing to do with his injury.

I've heard there is a Watuaga Dem. article about it but I haven't been able to find it. You have a link to info?

AppStFan76
March 28th, 2008, 07:55 AM
I've heard there is a Watuaga Dem. article about it but I haven't been able to find it. You have a link to info?

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/0324/0328washington.php

No much of an article, but this is what was online.

SoCon48
March 28th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Sounds like Papa Jerry is just cutting the kid some slack.

HighRyder08
March 28th, 2008, 09:50 AM
hopefully washington can get everything straightened out... he really started to shine towards the end of the year last season.... LSU would be a great game for him to play in

JohnStOnge
March 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Yeah. But he doesn't have "practice privilege." Poor guy.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080327/SPORTS/803270343/1006/rss02

"'He's no longer suspended,' Miles said. 'He's on the team, but not with playing privilege or practice privilege."'

McNeese75
March 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/0324/0328washington.php

No much of an article, but this is what was online.

I'm trying to read between the lines here but I can't even see any lines. Somebody just say what the issue is with Washington.

AppGrad06
March 31st, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm trying to read between the lines here but I can't even see any lines. Somebody just say what the issue is with Washington.

It sounds like something personal and none of our business.

citdog
March 31st, 2008, 08:44 AM
Somebody just say what the issue is with Washington.

HE HAD WOODEN TEETH?xlolx xrotatehx :D

DLS
March 31st, 2008, 09:15 AM

screw that. if it's school funded and i paid my tuition then i deserve to know.

jonmac
March 31st, 2008, 09:46 AM

No, you don't. How 'bout if I call up there and try to get some info from your medical records or your transcript. Those are school funded and I pay taxes and I paid tuition several years back. Not sure that argument would get me too far, and it shouldn't.

AppGrad06
March 31st, 2008, 09:47 AM

You deserve to know his status with the team and what ever reason is given for it. If it is a personal issue then it is none of your business. Just like you don't have the right to know every little thing about the life of any student, and let's not forget that's what he is (a student-athlete).

DLS
March 31st, 2008, 09:48 AM
No, you don't. How 'bout if I call up there and try to get some info from your medical records or your transcript. Those are school funded and I pay taxes and I paid tuition several years back. Not sure that argument would get me too far, and it shouldn't.

my life is an open book sir, would you like nudie pics?

jonmac
March 31st, 2008, 09:55 AM
my life is an open book sir, would you like nudie pics?

Well, sir, that is choice that YOU make. And keep the pics to yourself please.

And if you are on campus you should find Tim and ask him, so HE can make that choice. And if he chooses to tell you and gives you permission to post it here, then go ahead.

DLS
March 31st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Well, sir, that is choice that YOU make. And keep the pics to yourself please.

And if you are on campus you should find Tim and ask him, so HE can make that choice. And if he chooses to tell you and gives you permission to post it here, then go ahead.

no.

im gonna sit here at my desk and demand answers. does that make you mad?

lizrdgizrd
March 31st, 2008, 11:32 AM
no.

im gonna sit here at my desk and demand answers. does that make you mad?
How's that working out for you so far? xlolx

DaveK
March 31st, 2008, 01:40 PM
I hate the SEC. Therefore, I'll be cheering for App. State to beat LSU.

AppGrad06
March 31st, 2008, 02:00 PM
I hate the SEC. Therefore, I'll be cheering for App. State to beat LSU.

I'm in grad school at U of Tenn so I'm a fan, but the SEC is not nearly as good as typical SEC fans tout it (neither is the Big 10 for that matter).

lizrdgizrd
March 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
I'm in grad school at U of Tenn so I'm a fan, but the SEC is not nearly as good as typical SEC fans taut it (neither is the Big 10 for that matter).
xeyebrowx The SEC is tight? xeyebrowx

AppGrad06
March 31st, 2008, 02:42 PM
xeyebrowx The SEC is tight? xeyebrowx

oops should have been "tout". I fixed it

DaveK
March 31st, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'm in grad school at U of Tenn so I'm a fan, but the SEC is not nearly as good as typical SEC fans tout it (neither is the Big 10 for that matter).

While fans may overhype each conference, I think the SEC gets overhyped by the media as well. The Big 10, on the other hand, is vastly underrated by the media IMHO.

AppGrad06
March 31st, 2008, 03:27 PM
While fans may overhype each conference, I think the SEC gets overhyped by the media as well. The Big 10, on the other hand, is vastly underrated by the media IMHO.

Are you kidding me? My observation has been that the Big 10 is the most overhyped by the media of any conference. The SEC is overhyped as well but not to the degree the Big 10 is. (that may change with the result of the last two BCS championships). Half the major commentators played in the Big 10.

But hey thats my opinion.

jonmac
March 31st, 2008, 05:37 PM
Hey, did ya'll know LSU is playing Appalachian State?xwhistlex :D

Mouse
March 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
which FBS conference is better than the SEC?

I don't see how their overhyped

I'm sure if we took the top teams from each conference they will be even , but top to bottom the SEC is better

appsfan
March 31st, 2008, 07:43 PM
which FBS conference is better than the SEC?

I don't see how their overhyped

I'm sure if we took the top teams from each conference they will be even , but top to bottom the SEC is better

I agree with you Mouse. xtwocentsx

jonmac
March 31st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Is there really any better conference than the super conference called the Southern Colonial Gateway Big Sky et al Conference?

Sorry that replaced some of ya'll with "et al". Is started with great intentions and then myy ADD kicked in/.xrotatehx I think I need to go to bed.

McNeese75
March 31st, 2008, 09:32 PM

Thats OK, I will just wait for Ericsaid to spill the beans xnodx

DaveK
April 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Are you kidding me? My observation has been that the Big 10 is the most overhyped by the media of any conference. The SEC is overhyped as well but not to the degree the Big 10 is. (that may change with the result of the last two BCS championships). Half the major commentators played in the Big 10.

But hey thats my opinion.

Agree to disagree. I think the Big 10, top to bottom, is the strongest conference in the nation most years but most of the commentators seem to have an erection for the SEC. I've never been able to understand why.

AppGrad06
April 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Agree to disagree. I think the Big 10, top to bottom, is the strongest conference in the nation most years but most of the commentators seem to have an erection for the SEC. I've never been able to understand why.

fair enough