PDA

View Full Version : LSU to play Appalachian State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Appguy
February 17th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Probably the best option is to stay home with a good woman turn on the TV watch a good game then make love.Why go to the Appy/LSU game spend a ton of money, go through a lot of aggravation,then see Appy lose big??xthumbsupx xcoffeex

because by that logic I wouldn't have been at the biggest college football upset ever this past september..

udchuck
February 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
because by that logic I wouldn't have been at the biggest college football upset ever this past september..

That's OK, every so often you get lucky.xrolleyesx xcoolx

Purple Pride
February 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Hey, if Arkansas beat them, anyone's got a chance.xthumbsupx

neersnbeers
February 17th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Probably the best option is to stay home with a good woman turn on the TV watch a good game then make love.Why go to the Appy/LSU game spend a ton of money, go through a lot of aggravation,then see Appy lose big??xthumbsupx xcoffeex
I think if rather go to the game WITH the woman and take care of the rest at Baton Rouge Extended Stay!

udchuck
February 17th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I think if rather go to the game WITH the woman and take care of the rest at Baton Rouge Extended Stay!

:) Best idea yet.xthumbsupx You DO have it together.xthumbsupx

Franks Tanks
February 17th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I would say LSU has zero advantage in coaching, game plan and execution.If there is any advantage I would give it to ASU in that department. There are probably 10 coaches who could take LSU assets and parlay it into National Champ contenders.

This is not a slam on Miles, he is a proven champion. Great coach.

Its ok to slam Miles

MountaineerGuy
February 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Apologies in advance...but...

That's OK, every so often you get lucky.xrolleyesx xcoolx

^UD's philosophy on National Championships?

HighRyder08
February 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
haha thats funny... i dont care who you are

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 07:18 AM
OK, I've been to LSU games last year and over the last few years since their 1st national championship run (it was my first year of grad school at LSU)

People start arriving Wednesday afternoon in their RVS and don't leave until mid-day on Sunday. NO ONE will be run off after the game. The BEST plan is to PREPARE to tailgate as much after the game as before the game. It takes at least 2-3 hours for the roads to clear out. And if you're not familiar with the area, that's your best option. The Baton Rouge police department changes the traffic flow patterns after the game making MANY roads one-way away from the stadium and you're not allowed to turn off of many of the roads.

My advice is to make friends with LSU fans nearby (as they will provide you with food and even more booze) and DEFINITELY stay several hours after the game to allow time for the place to clear out and the traffic flows to revert to their normal levels and directions.

If anyone else has ANY questions, feel free to PM me or ask me here. I've lived in the Baton Rouge area for about 5 years now. I drive past Tiger Stadium and through the LSU campus EVERY DAY on my way to work in downtown BR.

Just make sure you enjoy yourselves while you're down here. I'm definitely planning on getting to see that game.
Good advice, it's been a while since I've been home, so I wasn't sure of any exact details. xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
February 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I heard this morning there are rumors flying all around the Bayou that LSU QB Ryan Perrillioux(sp) is in trouble for connections with a counterfeit credit card ring amomg other issues with the law.

AshevilleApp2
February 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
OK, I've been to LSU games last year and over the last few years since their 1st national championship run (it was my first year of grad school at LSU)

People start arriving Wednesday afternoon in their RVS and don't leave until mid-day on Sunday. NO ONE will be run off after the game. The BEST plan is to PREPARE to tailgate as much after the game as before the game. It takes at least 2-3 hours for the roads to clear out. And if you're not familiar with the area, that's your best option. The Baton Rouge police department changes the traffic flow patterns after the game making MANY roads one-way away from the stadium and you're not allowed to turn off of many of the roads.

My advice is to make friends with LSU fans nearby (as they will provide you with food and even more booze) and DEFINITELY stay several hours after the game to allow time for the place to clear out and the traffic flows to revert to their normal levels and directions.

If anyone else has ANY questions, feel free to PM me or ask me here. I've lived in the Baton Rouge area for about 5 years now. I drive past Tiger Stadium and through the LSU campus EVERY DAY on my way to work in downtown BR.

Just make sure you enjoy yourselves while you're down here. I'm definitely planning on getting to see that game.

Thanks for the good advice. It sounds like it might be quicker to walk to and from the game. Is that a safe option from the Extended Stay, or would it be Interstate walking?

Appinator
February 18th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I heard this morning there are rumors flying all around the Bayou that LSU QB Ryan Perrillioux(sp) is in trouble for connections with a counterfeit credit card ring amomg other issues with the law.

Any links or news articles about this?

APPride
February 18th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Any links or news articles about this?

well, it's been made a sticky on tiger rant, w/ warning not to go there..

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Rumors have been flying about Perrillioux his entire time at LSU. It's an offseason event with him.

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the good advice. It sounds like it might be quicker to walk to and from the game. Is that a safe option from the Extended Stay, or would it be Interstate walking?
That's quite a walk, it's about a 5 mile drive to the stadium. There's really no easy way to walk there.

AshevilleApp2
February 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM
That's quite a walk, it's about a 5 mile drive to the stadium. There's really no easy way to walk there.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll grab a cab, since I plan on not being fit to drive.

LehighFan11
February 18th, 2008, 09:40 AM
O boy, this could be a major blow to LSU if perriloux is suspended. It will be interesting to see what they do if he was actually involved in something serious because they can't just suspend him for their first game against southwest arkansas state lol.

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 09:56 AM
O boy, this could be a major blow to LSU if perriloux is suspended. It will be interesting to see what they do if he was actually involved in something serious because they can't just suspend him for their first game against southwest arkansas state lol.
I take Perriloux news with a grain of salt.

If this is indeed something major, it does give LSU a chance to evaluate going into spring practice.

LehighFan11
February 18th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I take Perriloux news with a grain of salt.

If this is indeed something major, it does give LSU a chance to evaluate going into spring practice.

Thats true they would have spring practice to get something in line, but if im not mistaken I don't think they have had a major QB recurit since Perriloux.

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
LSU is gonna be tough offensively. Don't forget that last year was Flynn's first year starting, so you can see what they did with an inexperienced QB. Defensively they lose their coordinator so that'll be an adjustment for them.

If someone said this already I apologize in advance.......

But Flynn was NOT an inexperienced QB at all.....All he lacked was starts....

Flynn was getting decent PT as a backup QB to Russell.....As a result...they guy wasn't phased one bit when LSU was forced to start Flynn due to an injury to Russell.....Flynn (and the LSU Defense) then proceeds to beat the ever living you-know-what out of Miami 40-3 in that Peach Bowl a couple of years back with Flynn as a starter.....

Same thing is happening with Ryan P....That is UNLESS he doesn't end up like Cecil Collins and act like he can't stay out of trouble.....

Remember....he did lead LSU to a win in the SEC Title game vs Tennessee (With a little help from the LSU Defense)....

Heck....I guess the only thing ASU has to worry bout is LSUs defense now that ya think about it....

Frosty The Snowbuff
February 18th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Thats true they would have spring practice to get something in line, but if im not mistaken I don't think they have had a major QB recurit since Perriloux.

Jordan Jefferson --- Desterhan HS QB

SuperPrep All-American Quarterback
Rivals Top 250 Team
Scout.com Top 20 quarterback
Rivals Top 10 Pro-Style quarterback

6'4 210LB QB Similar to Ryan P....

Keep a Lookout for him in the next couple of years....But don't be surprised if LSU somehow works him into the mix next season.....Remember...Flynn was also only a 4-Star when he came to LSU....

udchuck
February 18th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Apologies in advance...but...

^UD's philosophy on National Championships?

Hey Mountainman, Pick on me,not the School.--AIN'T YOU HAD ANY SCHOOL HOUSING.--LOL BTW,Ask a question I can answer,I have no Idea on Dayton's philosophy's.I'm only a fan not a student.

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 10:13 AM
If someone said this already I apologize in advance.......

But Flynn was NOT an inexperienced QB at all.....All he lacked was starts....

Flynn was getting decent PT as a backup QB to Russell.....As a result...they guy wasn't phased one bit when LSU was forced to start Flynn due to an injury to Russell.....Flynn (and the LSU Defense) then proceeds to beat the ever living you-know-what out of Miami 40-3 in that Peach Bowl a couple of years back with Flynn as a starter.....

Same thing is happening with Ryan P....That is UNLESS he doesn't end up like Cecil Collins and act like he can't stay out of trouble.....

Remember....he did lead LSU to a win in the SEC Title game vs Tennessee (With a little help from the LSU Defense)....

Heck....I guess the only thing ASU has to worry bout is LSUs defense now that ya think about it....
You are correct, maybe inexperienced wasn't the correct word. But my point remains the same, to let people know that LSU won last year with a starter who didn't start the whole previous season. Mauck, Russell, Flynn, Perriloux all started a game before their first full season at QB.

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 10:39 AM
well, it's been made a sticky on tiger rant, w/ warning not to go there..

I confess to ignorance. What is a "sticky?"

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 11:05 AM

Rivals Top 250 Team

Keep a Lookout for him in the next couple of years....But don't be surprised if LSU somehow works him into the mix next season.....Remember...Flynn was also only a 4-Star when he came to LSU....

I found a youtube highlight video of the 2007 Louisiana AAAAA title game. Destrehan in dark jersies. Two plays of particular interest are at about the 4:50 mark and 5:50 mark of the video. The 4:50 mark is him throwing the deep ball and the 5:50 mark is him rolling to his left and throwing a great pass for a TD downfield. Whether he'd play or not next year is open to question, but he looks like he's got the physical skills anyway.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=25ODkXzm5Y0

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Ran across something interesting while looking up stuff to post on that Tiger Droppings board. NFLDraftScout.com projects that LSU will have 8 members of its 2007 team drafted by the NFL in 2008 and another 9 drafted in 2009.

In comparison, Michigan is projected to have 7 members of its 2007 team drafted in 2008 and another 3 in 2009.

They don't project beyond 2009 so it's hard to say exactly how the 2008 LSU team is going to compare with the 2007 Michigan team overall. But my guess is the LSU team App's going to play next season is going to be notably more talented overall than the Michigan team they played in 2007.

I was actually surprised to see that much of a difference; 17 probable draft picks for the next two drafts vs. 10.

KiddBrewer
February 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
if we beat them.......would tigerdroppings.com seize to exist?

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM
No, it would be full of threads asking for the head of Les Miles.

neersnbeers
February 18th, 2008, 12:59 PM

Not sure. But I really like gettin those fellas all worked up. Awful thin skinned for "Big Boys". Haha fing joke

LehighFan11
February 18th, 2008, 01:15 PM
How great would it be if App beats LSU, then everyone wants Miles out. App kicks out Carr and Miles, ah the irony.

AlphaSigMD
February 18th, 2008, 01:44 PM

Nahh, they'd probably just seize period. Or seize without ceasing. One or the other.

McNeese75
February 18th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Rivals Top 250 Team

Jefferson will have to get by Jarret Lee to get pt next year. Lee has comparable stats and has already been in the system a year. xnodx

AppStFan76
February 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Any word as to LSU is losing RP? I heard the press conference for today was cancelled.

AppStFan76
February 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM
http://wwl.com/Bellavia:--Perrilloux-suspened-indefinitely/1674853

Started checking and found this.

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Any word as to LSU is losing RP? I heard the press conference for today was cancelled.
I found this (http://wwl.com/Bellavia:--Perrilloux-suspened-indefinitely/1674853). But who knows what will come from this. There's lots of time before the start of the season.

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 02:49 PM
http://wwl.com/Bellavia:--Perrilloux-suspened-indefinitely/1674853

Started checking and found this.
Beat me to it. xreadx

AppStFan76
February 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I've read some posts from LSU fans on their massage board and it's about 50-50 if losing Ryan affects them. Coments have been made that they dont really have a back up in place. But this could be nothing. Not wishing any bad for the guy but hope he doesnt come back this fall gives a better shot at a win.

bench
February 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Believe it or not, I actually want Perrilloux to be there in August. If he beats us I'll tip my cap, but on the off-chance App does win, I don't want them to have any excuses.

AppStFan76
February 18th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Believe it or not, I actually want Perrilloux to be there in August. If he beats us I'll tip my cap, but on the off-chance App does win, I don't want them to have any excuses.

Dont worry just like Michigan there will always be excuses. Every one of their players could go first round of the NFL draft and there would be some kind of excuse. My girlfriends is from Michigan her mom and step dad live 45 mins from ann arbor her step dad had a million excuses why we won. BTW her DAD live in LA and is a huge LSU fan how sweet would it be if APP beat LSU! Her family would hate me cause I wold never let them forget it!!

bench
February 18th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Dont worry just like Michigan there will always be excuses. Every one of their players could go first round of the NFL draft and there would be some kind of excuse. My girlfriends is from Michigan her mom and step dad live 45 mins from ann arbor her step dad had a million excuses why we won. BTW her DAD live in LA and is a huge LSU fan how sweet would it be if APP beat LSU! Her family would hate me cause I wold never let them forget it!!

Victories over potential in-laws are few and far between. Enjoy the one you have and let's hope for another. xthumbsupx

AppStFan76
February 18th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Victories over potential in-laws are few and far between. Enjoy the one you have and let's hope for another. xthumbsupx

No delussions here. Just hope we get through the game with as few injuries as possible and put some points on the board. But it would be nice to have a victory to rub in their faces! I luck I got to sleep in hte house for a week after the Michigan gamexlolx

APPdopted
February 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'll take any edge we can get on the defending FBS champs, but to be realistic I have to think back to a peach bowl where JaMarcus Russell was replaced by Matt Flynn only to lead them past "the U" in an overwhelming fashion: 40-3
Still no matter who starts at QB I think App has the edge there.

AppStFan76
February 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'll take any edge we can get on the defending FBS champs, but to be realistic I have to think back to a peach bowl where JaMarcus Russell was replaced by Matt Flynn only to lead them past "the U" in an overwhelming fashion: 40-3
Still no matter who starts at QB I think App has the edge there.

Yeah Armanti is IMO the better qb. We've got a shot, it maybe a long shot, but it's still a shot. Trying to figure out how to get to the game that weekend, right now not looking too good for me.

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Miles has now publicly annouced that RP is suspended.

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 04:21 PM
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/breaking/15741717.html

I've seen both on the LSU message board and heard from a guy here to fix my air conditioner that what happened is that he missed some classes and some team meetings after his father died. If that's the case, I'm guessing he won't be suspended for any games next season unless he does something else.

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
On the issue of whether RP or AE is the better quarterback: I think it partially depends on the system: However, I think the overwhelming majority of college football teams would, if given the choice, take RP. Especially the overwhelming majority of FBS teams. Part of it may be bias based on size, etc. But I think, for instance, that it's doubtful that any SEC team would let AE play the QB position. They'd want to put him somewhere else.

I gotta tell ya, too, you have to wonder what RP would be like playiing on a FCS team that otherwise has good offensive personnel for the level. I think there's a good chance that he'd be very dominant.

Appguy
February 18th, 2008, 04:48 PM
you be surprised, I was watching espn the other day and they were talking about the best college scrambling QBs for one reason or another and he listed off vince young, armanti edwards, etc.
didnt expect it

in regards to RP, he seems to have too many off field problems for me.

JohnStOnge
February 18th, 2008, 05:29 PM
you be surprised, I was watching espn the other day and they were talking about the best college scrambling QBs for one reason or another and he listed off vince young, armanti edwards, etc.
didnt expect it

in regards to RP, he seems to have too many off field problems for me.

He does seem to have too many off the field problems. In this case, though...if it's true that he missed some classes and meetings because his father died...I think I'd be willing to cut him a whole lot of slack.

AE is unquestionably quicker and faster. NFLDraftScout has him listed as 4.49 in the 40 while RP is listed at 4.62. But 4.62 isn't slow and he's 222 pounds. He has a very strong arm and throws an accurate deep ball. And he can do it on the move.

But, heck, the fact that we're even talking about it says a lot for AE in any case.

LehighFan11
February 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Its officially listed on espn.com now.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3252133
Says "Miles said Perrilloux's status for spring practice was unclear". So who knows.

rudy1648
February 18th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Just released. LSU QB Perrilloux has been suspended infefinitely from the team for missing classes and team meetings. He may not be admitted to spring practice. Seems this is not the first time he has been in trouble and been suspended. Wonder if he will be the QB for game with ASU? Sound like any other QB you know of, whose name rhymes with Mick?

Peems
February 18th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I went to the tiger board and man they are rude. Can't they be a little respectful?

McNeese75
February 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
I went to the tiger board and man they are rude. Can't they be a little respectful?

xlolx Well isn't that the case with most BCS fan forums?

KiddBrewer
February 18th, 2008, 08:24 PM
xlolx Well isn't that the case with most BCS fan forums?

its the case with MOST FCS team specific fan forums too........shouldnt bother us too much

neersnbeers
February 18th, 2008, 08:33 PM

Nope they love jerking each other around (and off) while they contradict their own post. Its quite amusing, everyone should check it out, pretty funny

Appinator
February 18th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I have a hard time beleving that next years LSU team will be better than this past years Michigan team. Perriloux is the key, a mobile, play-making QB it experiance vs. Lee, who is very Henne-esque.

bluehenbillk
February 19th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I have a hard time beleving that next years LSU team will be better than this past years Michigan team. Perriloux is the key, a mobile, play-making QB it experiance vs. Lee, who is very Henne-esque.

Please...I'll tell you what the difference is...a world of speed at every position.

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 07:35 AM
It'll be interesting to see where this leads, but I wouldn't be surprised if Perriloux was playing in the first game.

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
It'll be interesting to see where this leads, but I wouldn't be surprised if Perriloux was playing in the first game.

I agree. I'm sure that they will not take us lightly, but they're not going to be all that concerned with App. They may try and play one of their backups instead of RP. IMO this is good for us. The other qb 's didn't have much play time last year. And Perilous, is their big playmaker coming hack from last season.

rudy1648
February 19th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evidently it is ok to mention LSU on this board,,as long as you connect them to an FCS team. I started a thread saying the LSU QB had been suspended from the team. Thought that was of interest to readers on here because of ASU playing LSU in the first game of the season. Some responded to the thread,,but then some MOD ,,whoever he was,,,said since I was "new" to this board, maybe I did not know, but it was an FCS board,,therefore anything about LSU had no relavence on here. He asked me to move the thread from the board. I wrote back saying I disagreed,,as did another poster to his comment. I thought it was an important point of interest, since this QB for LSU may be the starter against ASU in the opeing game. I pointed as an example that there already existed a post about LSU and ASU. I also pointed out that I was not new to this board. This morning,,I find that the thread has been deleted entirely. Be careful what you say on here. Big brother is watching.

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evidently it is ok to mention LSU on this board,,as long as you connect them to an FCS team. I started a thread saying the LSU QB had been suspended from the team. Thought that was of interest to readers on here because of ASU playing LSU in the first game of the season. Some responded to the thread,,but then some MOD ,,whoever he was,,,said since I was "new" to this board, maybe I did not know, but it was an FCS board,,therefore anything about LSU had no relavence on here. He asked me to move the thread from the board. I wrote back saying I disagreed,,as did another poster to his comment. I thought it was an important point of interest, since this QB for LSU may be the starter against ASU in the opeing game. I pointed as an example that there already existed a post about LSU and ASU. I also pointed out that I was not new to this board. This morning,,I find that the thread has been deleted entirely. Be careful what you say on here. Big brother is watching.

I agree RP being suspended has total relevance to the App v/s LSU game. Maybe they just don't want a bunch of threads about the same topic. There have been several threads on this game and a far as I can tell all but this one have been removed

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I agree. I'm sure that they will not take us lightly, but they're not going to be all that concerned with App. They may try and play one of their backups instead of RP. IMO this is good for us. The other qb 's didn't have much play time last year. And Perilous, is their big playmaker coming hack from last season.
Until I get specifics I won't speculate how long he'll be out. This will give the backups a chance to get reps in the Spring. That's about as far as I will look ahead at this issue. LSU has had players suspended and they're returned by game time, so who knows.

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Until I get specifics I won't speculate how long he'll be out. This will give the backups a chance to get reps in the Spring. That's about as far as I will look ahead at this issue. LSU has had players suspended and they're returned by game time, so who knows.

Agreed

AshevilleApp2
February 19th, 2008, 08:40 AM

I just saw your thread in the Other Sports section.

McNeese72
February 19th, 2008, 11:28 AM

LSU has swept so much dirt under the rug with Perrilloux so far, the rug is about two feet higher than the surrounding floor. :)

Is he shaping up to be another Cecil? I hope not.

Doc

rudy1648
February 19th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I agree RP being suspended has total relevance to the App v/s LSU game. Maybe they just don't want a bunch of threads about the same topic. There have been several threads on this game and a far as I can tell all but this one have been removed

Guess only one allowed to a customer. Wonder if UNC (University of Northern Colorado) was playing anyone of any significance that more than one thread about their game would be allowed. On well,,,at least we can discuss Perrilloux and the chances of his playing us here. Seems from their boards, they think he will be back,,,that this is just a slap on the wrist,,as warning to wake him up. Only problem is,,,he has already had warnings and is still having porblems. Looks like their only option would be a freshman sensation from Texas.

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Guess only one allowed to a customer. Wonder if UNC (University of Northern Colorado) was playing anyone of any significance that more than one thread about their game would be allowed. On well,,,at least we can discuss Perrilloux and the chances of his playing us here. Seems from their boards, they think he will be back,,,that this is just a slap on the wrist,,as warning to wake him up. Only problem is,,,he has already had warnings and is still having porblems. Looks like their only option would be a freshman sensation from Texas.

I've heard all the talk about how he just missed meetings and classes because of his dad passing awaybut Miles wouldn't suspend him for that. he's on thin ice with Miles but who else do they have? Because of that he may be pardoned a little to easily and be back in Sept. I hope not would love to beat them in TS at night!

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
LSU has swept so much dirt under the rug with Perrilloux so far, the rug is about two feet higher than the surrounding floor. :)

Is he shaping up to be another Cecil? I hope not.

Doc
I think that would be the worse case situation. I hope nobody turns out to be that bad.

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM
If you've been around LSU for any length of time it would have to be something really serious for him not to play by the time the season rolls around.

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
If you've been around LSU for any length of time it would have to be something really serious for him not to play by the time the season rolls around.

Not knowing what the suspension is about hard to say. but if he has really done something to disserve suspension, given his past @ LSU, I think I would lose some respect for their program if he comes back like nothing ever happened like seems to have happened in the past.

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Not knowing what the suspension is about hard to say. but if he has really done something to disserve suspension, given his past @ LSU, I think I would lose some respect for their program if he comes back like nothing ever happened like seems to have happened in the past.
Basically I'm speaking from having lived in Baton Rouge since I was really young.

Granted if he did something truly illegal then he should be gone. But if Kevin Faulk could slap a cop and still play in the first game of the season. xconfusedx

But mainly since I don't like LSU at all, I'm probably biased.

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/18/unsubstantiated-rumor-alert-perilliouxs-mama-has-spat-with-lsu/

Thought this article was interesting.

neersnbeers
February 19th, 2008, 01:07 PM
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/18/unsubstantiated-rumor-alert-perilliouxs-mama-has-spat-with-lsu/

Thought this article was interesting.

Or he's trading out his locker for a cell.....xlolx xlolx

AppStFan76
February 19th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Or he's trading out his locker for a cell.....xlolx xlolx

xlolx xlolx xlolx I hope mommy does pull him. He just seems like a kid that has a problem with authority. Probably because mommy rushes in and fights his battles for him. If he was made to listen to Miles and other coaches, he probably wouldn't be in this situation now. I think it all comes from parenting if that is correct.xnonox

Appinator
February 19th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Please...I'll tell you what the difference is...a world of speed at every position.

See, I'm not part of the camp that says we were SO much faster than UM. If you lined our starters up vs. their starters and did a 100-meter dash, AE would beat Henne, and DJ would have beat Manningham, but I would venture to say that’s about it, other than a couple linemen being a little lighter, and therefore, a little faster.

Now compare last years Michigan team against LSU. With Perrilloux out, they don't have that speed at QB that would have negated ours. Their WRs are going to be much faster than UMs lineup, but Manningham is just as likely, if not more, of being in an NFL starting line-up. LSU LBs will not be as strong as UMs starting set, and with Dorsey gone, they won't be nearly the force UM was. LSU lost 3 of its starting four DBs, while Michigan started 3 seniors vs. App.

If we prepare like we did for the Wolverines, I think we should go in with a great confidence knowing we can play punch for punch. I am not saying that we will walk away with an easy win, and if we lose, I hope it will be close and no one gets hurt. In other words: I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 02:20 PM
See, I'm not part of the camp that says we were SO much faster than UM. If you lined our starters up vs. their starters and did a 100-meter dash, AE would beat Henne, and DJ would have beat Manningham, but I would venture to say that’s about it, other than a couple linemen being a little lighter, and therefore, a little faster.

Now compare last years Michigan team against LSU. With Perrilloux out, they don't have that speed at QB that would have negated ours. Their WRs are going to be much faster than UMs lineup, but Manningham is just as likely, if not more, of being in an NFL starting line-up. LSU LBs will not be as strong as UMs starting set, and with Dorsey gone, they won't be nearly the force UM was. LSU lost 3 of its starting four DBs, while Michigan started 3 seniors vs. App.

If we prepare like we did for the Wolverines, I think we should go in with a great confidence knowing we can play punch for punch. I am not saying that we will walk away with an easy win, and if we lose, I hope it will be close and no one gets hurt. In other words: I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
I would give LSU the edge at DLine over Michigan even without Dorsey (who played hurt most of the season), getting the team leader in sacks back for another year is a huge plus. Jean-Francios came on late in the year.

It's a toss up between those two, using the Florida game they both beat the Gators.
Tebow's numbers in both games:
LSU :12-26, 158 yds 2 TDs, 1 INT 16 Rush, 67 yds, 1 TD
Michigan: 17-33, 154 yds 3 TDs 16 Rush, 57 yds, 1 TD
pretty even stats.

But even with saying all that I'm pulling for the Mountaineers. xthumbsupx

Appinator
February 19th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I would give LSU the edge at DLine over Michigan even without Dorsey (who played hurt most of the season), getting the team leader in sacks back for another year is a huge plus. Jean-Francios came on late in the year.

It's a toss up between those two, using the Florida game they both beat the Gators.
Tebow's numbers in both games:
LSU :12-26, 158 yds 2 TDs, 1 INT 16 Rush, 67 yds, 1 TD
Michigan: 17-33, 154 yds 3 TDs 16 Rush, 57 yds, 1 TD
pretty even stats.

But even with saying all that I'm pulling for the Mountaineers. xthumbsupx

Pittman, the guy who got the extra year of eligibility and led the team in sacks, had 7 for the year, the same amount as Brandon Graham for UM. Graham had one less game though, so it might have been higher if given the chance to play in a conference championship game. Dorsey was also ranked, but won't be coming back next year.

Probably just splitting hairs, but their roster is shaping up to look just like UM's at the beginning of 07...

Grabholdofyosef
February 19th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I know it's early but I still think this is big news... LSU suspends Perrilloux indefinitely for team rules violation

ASU
February 20th, 2008, 01:14 AM
I know it's early but I still think this is big news... LSU suspends Perrilloux indefinitely for team rules violation

I heard that his father died.....did have some trouble with him....most people think he will be back by summer practice.

Lionsrking
February 20th, 2008, 03:17 AM

Me thinks LSU will unleash the hounds of hell on App State. They were sleepwalking the last time you guys played and I guarantee it won't happen again. Tiger Stadium will be at full throttle considering it's the opening game following a NC, and everyone will be aware of what happened at Michigan last year. It won't be the usual rent-a-win treatment that's for sure. Might wanna do a rain dance that day.

LehighFan11
February 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Me thinks LSU will unleash the hounds of hell on App State. They were sleepwalking the last time you guys played and I guarantee it won't happen again. Tiger Stadium will be at full throttle considering it's the opening game following a NC, and everyone will be aware of what happened at Michigan last year. It won't be the usual rent-a-win treatment that's for sure. Might wanna do a rain dance that day.

Yea that just screams cocky, win a national championship walk into first game next year expecting to get handed a nice opening day win to make the fans happy. While I agree they will be prepared because of Michigan, the outcome of this game will not come down to whether or not LSU "overlooks" App.

bluehenbillk
February 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
LSU has no shot in this game.

AshevilleApp2
February 20th, 2008, 11:39 AM
LSU has no shot in this game.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AshevilleApp2
February 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
192 days until the game. Over or under 2000 posts on this thread?

AppStFan76
February 20th, 2008, 11:59 AM

Well this thread is averaging 30 posts a day if we keep that up it should be well over 5000 by game day! I say over 2000 by Aug.*30

neersnbeers
February 20th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Well this thread is averaging 30 posts a day if we keep that up it should be well over 5000 by game day! I say over 2000 by Aug.*30

And that average will really Spike the last 14 days prior to kickoffxpeacex

Rekdiver
February 20th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I find it ironic that a UD fan is telling us that speed kills......Isn't that what we tried to tell them and no one listened?

The difference here is that WE KNOW that LSU is loaded with big fast players and we RESPECT it....unlike what we had to endure before the NC game.

OLDMAIN80
February 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
And that average will really Spike the last 14 days prior to kickoffxpeacex

Heck with the over and under on the posts, I want the number on the views. Already approaching 12k.

phillyAPP
February 20th, 2008, 05:50 PM

APP's conditioning coach's was at LSU before APP. He said APP has top 10 speed in ALL D-I. FBS or FCS. He timed LSU and APP in drills. Our DE transfer from LSU (Washington) took 7 games to get into starting rotation.
We know speed. What we lack is 85 scholarships and depth, the same as Delaware. APP will be in the game <14 at LSU for atleast a half. I hope we are there in the second half.

AppStFan76
February 21st, 2008, 06:31 AM
APP's conditioning coach's was at LSU before APP. He said APP has top 10 speed in ALL D-I. FBS or FCS. He timed LSU and APP in drills. Our DE transfer from LSU (Washington) took 7 games to get into starting rotation.
We know speed. What we lack is 85 scholarships and depth, the same as Delaware. APP will be in the game <14 at LSU for atleast a half. I hope we are there in the second half.

If Jerry Moore can help it we will be in there second half. If any coach can prepair and motivate its moore!xthumbsupx

Chi-towngrizzly
February 21st, 2008, 07:50 AM
ASU is by far the best FCS program as of the end of last season, maybe even the best FCS program in the history of 1-AA, but I think the recent success has really warped your view of how much better of a program LSU is than yours.

App lost the best receiver they will likely ever have, the best RB they will likely ever have, and the best DB they will likely ever have.

Let's also face the fact that Edwards, while a great FCS QB, is NOT good enough to start for LSU.

You guys are probably going to lose by 30+ and might be shut out agian.

Just being realistic here.

I can't believe the amount of ASU fans on here that think they have a chance, and not just a chance, there are posts in this thread declaring victory.

Enjoy this feeling you have right now, because it will never get any better than this for ASU.

All those same fans will be on here after the game posting:

"Well, who cares, we were supposed to lose, it's LSU for God's sake."

Rekdiver
February 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
This game gives us a total of $750,000 ($550,000 for the game and $200,000 for bumping the schedule) in cold hard cash plus the soft dollar benefit of national advertising plus how many recruits will watch this game! ASU has already won and we still get to focus on a 4th National Championship.

With respect to Chi-Town you don't know your ASU history. Best Safety was Matt Stevens, 7 years in NFL with Bills and Pats, running back John Settle (Falcons and Redskins) the 1st free agent running back to rush for 1000 yards (did it in Atlanta too)even though KR broke his record remember KR played 7 more games that JS. Having said that Devon Moore is every bit better than Kevin Richardson. Corey Lynch was a great pass defender but weak against run. I give you the jury is out at wide receiver. DJ is the best we've had yet but his production was a small part of the overall offense and AE could start for any college team at any level. We got some burners coming in.

Do we beat LSU? Not if they play to their potential and it will take a full effort by them to beat us. I don't think anyone is willing to call us a cupcake anymore.

AppStFan76
February 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
ASU is by far the best FCS program as of the end of last season, maybe even the best FCS program in the history of 1-AA, but I think the recent success has really warped your view of how much better of a program LSU is than yours.

App lost the best receiver they will likely ever have, the best RB they will likely ever have, and the best DB they will likely ever have.

Let's also face the fact that Edwards, while a great FCS QB, is NOT good enough to start for LSU.

I can't believe the amount of ASU fans on here that think they have a chance, and not just a chance, there are posts in this thread declaring victory.

Enjoy this feeling you have right now, because it will never get any better than this for ASU.

If you are really reading the posts you will find that MOST App fans are not calling for a victory, hoping yes. We understand just what this game will bring.

I heard lots of people say after we won the NC in 05' that we were loosing Ritchy Williams and we would never find a qb that good ever again. After all he did break almost every record for a qb @ app. Answer: Armanti Edwards!

Then you've got Devon Moore, if you didnt watch the NC game this year I suggest going back and watching it because I think he has the potential to do just as well if not better than Kevin Richardson did and I know thats saying alot. I have learned to never say never cause there's always someone better that can come along and prove you wrong.

I think that with what Jerry Moore has done for our program we are going to have the oportunity to draw great talent to our school for years to come.

LehighFan11
February 21st, 2008, 08:40 AM

I think alot of App fans are taking a very realistic point of view. They understand how good their team is and know that they will compete vs. anyone they play. LSU is far from unbeatable and if they don't play a B or A game, they could lose. No one is predicting victory, just a close competitive game.

Appinator
February 21st, 2008, 08:41 AM

Those players were great, but not the greatest. During our undefeated regular season in 1995, Matt Stevens was projected to be a first round draft pick in the NFL. However, a questionable late hit while playing against UTC, three games before the playoffs started left him with a blown out knee that cost him a great NFL career. He still made a few rosters even with the reconstructed knee, but was never as fast as he once was. Just remember too, that during out first national championship, Lynch broke his elbow, I think in the second to last game before the playoffs. Ask any Paladin fan if we were able to play good defense without him.

DeVon Fowlkes had statistically the best season as a Mountaineer receiving yards wise with his 1600+ yard campaign in 2004, which he also had 14 TDs. Jackson might have been our fastest WR we've ever had, but he didn't lead the team in yards or receptions, and only had 8 TDs, with Hans Batachon (the leader in all of those previously mentioned categories) having 7. Jackson was no where near our best receiver ever, but undoubtedly our most famous. I can't really remember the last time we had such an amazing set of returning proven receivers as we will have next year. CoCo (yes he has reached one name status), Josh Johnson, and Courman, not to mention our 6'5 red shirt freshman Brian Quick, Armanti will have plenty of options.

You might be right on point however with Richardson, the all-time leading scorer as a running back, the all-time rushing leader in App's history, and consistently one of our top three receivers. He will be surely missed by our squad, but with Armanti's throwing abilities, there should be an extra man in coverage to open up a few holes for our back-up, Devon Moore. One thing of note, Richardson had 258 carries on the year for 16 TDs, while Moore only had 95 carries for 7 TDs. If he keeps that pace up, he'll have a better season that K-Rich, no problem.

Appinator
February 21st, 2008, 08:43 AM
Man everyone beat me to it....

I got stats though....xlolx xlolx :p

phillyAPP
February 21st, 2008, 09:58 AM
I think alot of App fans are taking a very realistic point of view. They understand how good their team is and know that they will compete vs. anyone they play. LSU is far from unbeatable and if they don't play a B or A game, they could lose. No one is predicting victory, just a close competitive game.

Man,you sound like one of us. Thank you for clearly explaining the APP position. I have a ticket for you anytime you want to come to APP football game.xthumbsupx

813Jag
February 21st, 2008, 10:05 AM
I think both teams have key losses that they have to fill. It'll be interesting to see how those new players fit into the scheme of the game. That's the thing about the first game, unless you return all of your starters, you're going to have some questions.

LehighFan11
February 21st, 2008, 10:07 AM
Man,you sound like one of us. Thank you for clearly explaining the APP position. I have a ticket for you anytime you want to come to APP football game.xthumbsupx

Haha I wish I didn't live in PA because i'd love to see an App game.

MountaineerGuy
February 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM
While it will hurt to not have Richardson...apparently you guys are not giving Devon Moore much credit...

He looks like he could be as good as K-Rich, even if he doesn't break all the records.

And for the record...by the time Armanti is out of ASU, he will break K-Rich's rushing and scoring records and then some.

AppStFan76
February 21st, 2008, 01:21 PM
While it will hurt to not have Richardson...apparently you guys are not giving Devon Moore much credit...

He looks like he could be as good as K-Rich, even if he doesn't break all the records.

And for the record...by the time Armanti is out of ASU, he will break K-Rich's rushing and scoring records and then some.

Is there a link to Apps' Stats as far as record breaking performances go? I would love to see that

AshevilleApp2
February 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM

Less than a days drive! I drove from Asheville to Pittsburgh last year in time to catch a double header at PNC.

fjblair
February 21st, 2008, 04:16 PM

Sour grapes anyone?

I think you are greatly overstating the position of most ASU fans. You are also understating our talent. I don't think any real ASU fan expects to beat LSU. LSU by 30? Maybe, but I doubt it. ASU shutout? Not likely. ASU's best days behind us? No way. What we have accomplished in the past 3 years will carry this program for a long time.

Just being realistic.

neersnbeers
February 21st, 2008, 04:35 PM
D Moore is a great runner.
“Devon is a very fine running back,” Jerry Moore said. “I don’t mean this as a slam to Kevin, but I didn’t really think we’d lose anything in terms of effectiveness with Devon in the ballgame.”

“I think Kevin is a little bit faster than me,” Devon Moore said. “He can hit the edge sometimes when I can’t, but I think I’m more of a physical runner than he is. I can run north and south just a little bit better but overall we’re pretty much similar backs.”

Jerry Moore said: “Both of them have great peripheral vision. They both have excellent bursts. They can get to the second level about the same. Kevin is more apt to try to make you miss and go the distance. Devon is more apt to try to run over you.

phillyAPP
February 21st, 2008, 04:36 PM

8 hour drive straight down 78 to 81 to 421. Hell its just 3 roads, i have driven to phila many times.

Are you a student at Lehigh. I have a nephew thats a junior.

ericsaid
February 21st, 2008, 07:19 PM
Appalachian will have a good game against LSU, app's front seven are either transfers from FBS schools or all americans, two De's tim washington(lsu) and another DE from vanderbilt, as well as the two tackles who were all americans last season anthony williams first team and gary tharrington third, and the offense will be fine and a wide reciever that will step up this season will be brian quikc, he will be a redshirt freshmen this season and he is 6'5 or 6'6 and 200+ pounds, i expect he'll make an immediate impact, as for armanti, everyone knows about armanti, and the offense line will be good and the back up runner to devon moore will be a real strong back to, josh jackson hes around 5 10 210 or 220 and he i believe is faster then devon moore from when i saw him play last season against delaware and Western, App's offense will need to establish the PASS before anything else at LSU so they can open up armanti and the backs with the option, i expect app to be winning into the fourth quarter 24-21 then LSU pull it out unfourtanently in the end with 35-24 or 35-31, app's defense will do better then everyone expects, but all 3 line backers having over one hundred tackles last season and 2 transfers from SEC schools and 2 all americans, expect the quarterback to be running

ericsaid
February 21st, 2008, 07:25 PM
5 all americans** 3 linebackers two defensive tackles and expect cortez gilbert to maybe be an honorable mention or third team all american at the end of next season

McNeese75
February 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
5 all americans** 3 linebackers two defensive tackles and expect cortez gilbert to maybe be an honorable mention or third team all american at the end of next season

xrolleyesx

Somebody hand this guy some astoglide xlolx

Appguy
February 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM
Appalachian will have a good game against LSU, app's front seven are either transfers from FBS schools or all americans, two De's tim washington(lsu) and another DE from vanderbilt, as well as the two tackles who were all americans last season anthony williams first team and gary tharrington third, and the offense will be fine and a wide reciever that will step up this season will be brian quikc, he will be a redshirt freshmen this season and he is 6'5 or 6'6 and 200+ pounds, i expect he'll make an immediate impact, as for armanti, everyone knows about armanti, and the offense line will be good and the back up runner to devon moore will be a real strong back to, josh jackson hes around 5 10 210 or 220 and he i believe is faster then devon moore from when i saw him play last season against delaware and Western, App's offense will need to establish the PASS before anything else at LSU so they can open up armanti and the backs with the option, i expect app to be winning into the fourth quarter 24-21 then LSU pull it out unfourtanently in the end with 35-24 or 35-31, app's defense will do better then everyone expects, but all 3 line backers having over one hundred tackles last season and 2 transfers from SEC schools and 2 all americans, expect the quarterback to be running

while we do have the 2 transfers on the D line neither are projected to start.

also-
my eyes hurt after reading that, please separate into more than one sentence and paragraphs.

Chi-towngrizzly
February 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM
App's offense will need to establish the PASS before anything else at LSU so they can open up armanti and the backs with the option, i expect app to be winning into the fourth quarter 24-21 then LSU pull it out unfourtanently in the end with 35-24 or 35-31, app's defense will do better then everyone expects, but all 3 line backers having over one hundred tackles last season and 2 transfers from SEC schools and 2 all americans, expect the quarterback to be running

Yeah......

This is exactly what I was talking about.

ericsaid
February 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah......

I also said at the end of that sentence LSU would pull it out. I don't expect anyone to agree with it, but it was what I could see possibly happening. Maybe i'm hopelessly optimistic? There is no reason App won't give them a game though for atleast the first three quarters.

ericsaid
February 21st, 2008, 10:33 PM
while we do have the 2 transfers on the D line neither are projected to start.

also-
my eyes hurt after reading that, please separate into more than one sentence and paragraphs.

Tim Washington played last year but he was injured I believe i heard on the radio on Appalachians pre-game show, I don't know much about the guy from Vandy but there was an article maybe a month ago about him on ASU's athletics website.

Since Tim Washington came from LSU hopefully he has a big game in Baton Rouge this year.xcoffeex

seantaylor
February 22nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
The 1A transfers mean absolutely nothing. I expect Appy to play a very good game, with a chance for the upset. LSU is not going to be that good next year.

Touchdown Yosef
February 22nd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Yeah......

He is still in the vast, vast minority.

neersnbeers
February 22nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Other than GSU heading to Athens, I really don't see many other people sticking their necks out there. As long as we come out of Tiger Stadium healthy, WHO GIVES A ****! Just my opinion...........

Appinator
February 22nd, 2008, 08:54 AM
The 1A transfers mean absolutely nothing. I expect Appy to play a very good game, with a chance for the upset. LSU is not going to be that good next year.

Agree and Disagree.

I think that most transfers walk on a FCS campus and expect to have their name slide right to the top of the depth chart, but that was the case for our Vandy transfer. Having to sit out for the year probably allowed him to a) realize that this wasn't the JV squad and he will have to work just as hard to start and b) practicing against our offense, he probably realized that our game is just as fast.

I haven't heard this much about a player being that good in pre-season practice since Kevin Richardson's sophmore year. If he can come in and make and impact, then I'll be happy, but I think we have more than capable backups ready to go. The LSU Transfer, obviously wasn't a Dorsey level talent, and had a hard time breaking into out line-up as well. Again only time will tell, I'm just glad we don't depend on a steady stream of transfers to pad our depth charts.

lizrdgizrd
February 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM

I enjoy your enthusiasm, eric, but you might want to include punctuation other than commas in your missives.

The Elements of Style (http://www.bartleby.com/141/)

mcveyrl
February 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
I enjoy your enthusiasm, eric, but you might want to include punctuation other than commas in your missives.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

Fans helping fans...

bench
February 22nd, 2008, 11:36 AM

Thanks. Needed to be done, and I didn't want to be the guy to go all Strunk and White on him.

rudy1648
February 22nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
Great helment schedule for those FCS teams playing and SEC opponent this year.

http://crimsonaudio.net/media/2008_SEC_Helmet_Schedule_updated.pdf

Last year there was a helmet schedule posted by someone on here for the SoCon. Have been looking for one for this upcoming year too,,but have not seen one. If you see one,,post a link.

JohnStOnge
February 22nd, 2008, 07:26 PM

LSU may have quarterback questions. The Tigers may be breaking in completely inexperienced quarterback. Their schedule is not favorable for doing something like making another national title run as they play Florida...which should have a great team next year...and Auburn on the road.

But they're going to be very talented. NFLDraftScout projects that they will have 8 players drafted next year. And that doesn't include sophmores like Perrilloux (who is the big question mark) and running back Keiland Williams.

Williams was a source of controversy around Baton Rouge this past season because many fans think he should've gotten a lot more playing time. He's the back that had the spectacular 67 yard TD run against Virginia Tech in the second game of the season. He averaged 6.8 yards per carry in 2007.

Another one local fans like is Charles Scott. He averaged 7.2 yards per carry.

In another thread, I wrote that LSU is going to be loaded at running back. Barring injury, I can pretty much guarantee you that App State is going to see running backs way beyond the caliber of any its current players have seen. And, yes, that includes the guy they played against at Michigan this past season. He was good. But I don't think he's the athlete that some of the backs LSU has in the wings.

GeauxColonels
February 22nd, 2008, 08:59 PM
LSU may have quarterback questions. The Tigers may be breaking in completely inexperienced quarterback. Their schedule is not favorable for doing something like making another national title run as they play Florida...which should have a great team next year...and Auburn on the road.

But they're going to be very talented. NFLDraftScout projects that they will have 8 players drafted next year. And that doesn't include sophmores like Perrilloux (who is the big question mark) and running back Keiland Williams.

Williams was a source of controversy around Baton Rouge this past season because many fans think he should've gotten a lot more playing time. He's the back that had the spectacular 67 yard TD run against Virginia Tech in the second game of the season. He averaged 6.8 yards per carry in 2007.

Another one local fans like is Charles Scott. He averaged 7.2 yards per carry.

In another thread, I wrote that LSU is going to be loaded at running back. Barring injury, I can pretty much guarantee you that App State is going to see running backs way beyond the caliber of any its current players have seen. And, yes, that includes the guy they played against at Michigan this past season. He was good. But I don't think he's the athlete that some of the backs LSU has in the wings.
I agree. I think all but one o-lineman is back. LSU lost Early Doucet at receiver but all of the other guys gained valuable playing time while Doucet was injured last year so they're all seasoned at this point. They easily have one of the most talented groups of running backs in the country as well.

As for the D, there is no rebuilding - just reloading. They may not make a run at the SEC title or National Title, but they will DEFINITELY be good next year.

JohnStOnge
February 22nd, 2008, 09:15 PM
Here's the Keiland Williams run vs. Virginia Tech I was referring to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUVLK4T9YI

Believe me, unless injuries take a serious toll, LSU is going to be one of the more talented teams in the BCS leagues next season. The biggest thing they have to worry about is the possibility of not having a quarterback of any experience. But otherwise they're going to still be loaded.

JohnStOnge
February 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
Here he is vs. Auburn on a swing pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijn0Wlu5Y-0&NR=1

As you can see, he's at a gear higher than...say...Hart of Michigan.

813Jag
February 23rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
Here he is vs. Auburn on a swing pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijn0Wlu5Y-0&NR=1

As you can see, he's at a gear higher than...say...Hart of Michigan.
Don't forget Trindon Holliday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxQls1JNwI&feature=related).

Appguy
February 23rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Holliday is like 5 foot 5, not that thats a bad thing lol

813Jag
February 23rd, 2008, 09:51 AM
Holliday is like 5 foot 5, not that thats a bad thing lol
He's really short but fast, definitely not and every down player, and he's from the same place I am.

JohnStOnge
February 23rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
Williams was a sophomore in 2007. Here's Charles Scott, their other big (like Williams, he was listed at 226) sophomore running back in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0QSk8aWVB0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNDPNSfbZhQ&NR=1

He averaged 7.2 yards per carry. He shed tackles so easily on those two runs that a viewer might not evern really notice.

They also have a "little" back (listed at 197), Richard Murphy, who was a freshman in 2007 and averaged 6.6 yards per carry.

As someone else noted, they should have a very strong offensive line.

The more I think about it, the more I think it likely that they'll come out and emphasize the running game; especially if Perrilloux isn't on the team or is suspended at the start of the season. And I think they have the horses to have a good chance of being successful doing that.

AppStFan76
February 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM

Only 186 days now and there havent been that many post in a while. At this rate probably wont break 2000!!xlolx

Has anyone heard whats up with Ryan Perrilloux? Is he stayin' or goin'?

I like our chances with-out him better that with him!

grizband
February 26th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Only 186 days now and there havent been that many post in a while. At this rate probably wont break 2000!!xlolx

Has anyone heard whats up with Ryan Perrilloux? Is he stayin' or goin'?

I like our chances with-out him better that with him!
This thread might remain dormant over the summer, but I imagine things will pick up around the middle of August!

jonmac
February 26th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Is it just me or does it seem wrong to want RP suspended for the first game of next season just to make our chances better for a win? I know that it would definitely help our chances but I think if he did something so bad as to warrant a suspension that just suspending him from Spring practice would not be much punishment. I would love to see us play LSU at their full strength and at full strength ourselves. Not sure what I'm trying to say other than it doesn't really matter to me whether he plays or not.

AppStFan76
February 26th, 2008, 12:25 PM
This thread might remain dormant over the summer, but I imagine things will pick up around the middle of August!

Oh we cant have that!!xnonox

AppStFan76
February 26th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Is it just me or does it seem wrong to want RP suspended for the first game of next season just to make our chances better for a win? I know that it would definitely help our chances but I think if he did something so bad as to warrant a suspension that just suspending him from Spring practice would not be much punishment. I would love to see us play LSU at their full strength and at full strength ourselves. Not sure what I'm trying to say other than it doesn't really matter to me whether he plays or not.

It probably doesnt matter whether he plays or not, we're probably not going to win this one. How ever a win would be sweet and our chances greatly improve without RP in the game!

I know, I know if he doesnt play and we DO win every LSU fan in the world will cry and scream " but we didnt have our QB!!" if they do have him and we beat them it will be some other excusse.

And if he doesnt play due to this suspension or what ever it is... then all I will have to say ( if we win) is "you had 6 months to prepair.. Your LSU remember!"

ericsaid
February 26th, 2008, 03:33 PM
35-24 will be the score, Appalachian losing ofcourse but keeping it a one score game until mid way through the 4th

HighRyder08
February 26th, 2008, 03:40 PM

i dont want him suspended for the game just because im an ASU fan...this isnt the first time he has gotten in trouble... if i was the head coach i would give him the boot....when you are a major d-1 quarterback, you need to have a level head on your shoulders...

McNeese75
February 26th, 2008, 05:22 PM
35-24 will be the score, Appalachian losing ofcourse but keeping it a one score game until mid way through the 4th

Sounds good to me, I will take LSU and give you 11 pts. xthumbsupx Name the bet :D

LehighFan11
February 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM
New article on espn today about RP. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3265974
According to Ryan's high school coach, it looks like he skipped a mandatory team meeting. He also missed classes after his father's death, but failed to notify his coaches. Who knows if thats all he did, but its not to hard to pick up a phone and say "hey coach, my dad died is it ok if i go to his funeral tomorrow?"

Touchdown Yosef
February 26th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Sounds good to me, I will take LSU and give you 11 pts. xthumbsupx Name the bet :D

Thats pretty bad, I am getting 35 from UD Chuck. See the beginning of this thread.

ericsaid
February 26th, 2008, 07:23 PM
well i foudn out UDchuck is still holding a grudge about the Championship. Funny how the game really would have been 49-14 had that last kick off not been returned because App was so far ahead they were pulling people out of the stands to play kick coverage,

Michael Young History
February 26th, 2008, 08:12 PM
this game is going to be on tv right?

ESPN or ESPN2 has to broadcast it...

KiddBrewer
February 26th, 2008, 10:35 PM
i know a rumor...

GreatAppSt
February 26th, 2008, 10:39 PM
i know a rumor...
xsmiley_wix Me 2

KiddBrewer
February 27th, 2008, 01:54 AM
New article on espn today about RP. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3265974
According to Ryan's high school coach, it looks like he skipped a mandatory team meeting. He also missed classes after his father's death, but failed to notify his coaches. Who knows if thats all he did, but its not to hard to pick up a phone and say "hey coach, my dad died is it ok if i go to his funeral tomorrow?"

responsible? maybe not.

understandable? a little

im suprised coach miles didnt know without RP having to tell him.

SoCon48
February 27th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Dang. Only 11 pts to the number 1 BCS team in the country? App and the FCS are better than I thought.xeyebrowx

Touchdown Yosef
February 27th, 2008, 07:27 AM
well i foudn out UDchuck is still holding a grudge about the Championship. Funny how the game really would have been 49-14 had that last kick off not been returned because App was so far ahead they were pulling people out of the stands to play kick coverage,

Eric, go back and re-read that whole debacle with chuck and you will see that he did not go to Delaware or Dayton but the UD that he represents is Dayton. He holds no grudge againts App for the NC, just for some other unknown reason.

McNeese75
February 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Thats pretty bad, I am getting 35 from UD Chuck. See the beginning of this thread.

:D yeah, but You are not NEARLY as confident as Ericsaid xlolx

But, considering his age and relative new status to this forum, I will not be quite so aggressive as sealing the deal as you were with UD

Grabholdofyosef
February 27th, 2008, 02:50 PM
xsmiley_wix Me 2
Are we not allowed to post the rumor? I just read it as well and I wanted to see how we can get clarification.

AshevilleApp2
February 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Are we not allowed to post the rumor? I just read it as well and I wanted to see how we can get clarification.

Go ahead and post it. It's not like everything on this site is 100% true. A little conjecture never hurt anyone.

Grabholdofyosef
February 27th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Go ahead and post it. It's not like everything on this site is 100% true. A little conjecture never hurt anyone.
This was posted on the Mountaineer message board today. Does anybody else have any info?:

"btw, this was just posted over there [lsu messageboard]. I dont want to start a new thread because the info may very well be crap, but:

"My friend's dad knows the App State Coach, Jerry Moore. He just talked to him and said the opening game is getting moved to Monday night on ABC."

Anyone heard anything about this? "

AshevilleApp2
February 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Geeze I hope not. I've already booked a room in Baton Rouge.

ericsaid
February 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Well, that is just my opinion, the 35-24 score. I'm just guessing based on what i've read and what i know about the players Appalachian has coming back and how the players that ARE coming back, played last year.

I went to every playoff game and NC, and saw 3 regular season games. It might be worse then 35-24 but thats just my estimate. Haven't seen another post where the score is some what realistic though.

It will be kept within 3 scores, and should be tough for atleast 3 quarters. Then again, that's my opinion and i'm sure some outraged fan representing another school will contest opinion.

KiddBrewer
February 27th, 2008, 03:48 PM
This was posted on the Mountaineer message board today. Does anybody else have any info?:

"btw, this was just posted over there [lsu messageboard]. I dont want to start a new thread because the info may very well be crap, but:

"My friend's dad knows the App State Coach, Jerry Moore. He just talked to him and said the opening game is getting moved to Monday night on ABC."

Anyone heard anything about this? "

thats my aforementioned "rumor"

AppStFan76
February 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Hey neersandbeers I see you on tiger rant alot any word about the game being moved to Monday on their message board?

Appguy
February 27th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I like how they have a thread with 55 pages about app talkin S#^T

ericsaid
February 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
i guess we'll all get used to them talking down on us. Us meanoing FCS in general but in all reality they have no reason to fear App, yet.

KiddBrewer
February 27th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Hey neersandbeers I see you on tiger rant alot any word about the game being moved to Monday on their message board?

quote:
No way that game is on a Monday night. It'll be Saturday night, ESPN.

Not a chance ESPN will broadcast a game vs. a D-1AA opponent in primetime on Saturday on the opening weekend.

ya know, the norm, good stuff like that.....xcoffeex xcoolx :)

Rekdiver
February 28th, 2008, 09:23 AM
The players were told by the coaches Monday night at 8:00 Labor Day

McNeese75
February 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Works for me, I will be back from NC and can watch the game xnodx (or possibly even go)

neersnbeers
February 28th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Most of em are saying hellno. Actually had one guy say that LSU WILL NOT play on any other than Sat. Obviously the football world revolves around LSU, who would've known?xeyebrowx

SoCon48
February 28th, 2008, 09:59 AM
From the LSU tigerr board

AppState005
Appalachian State Fan
Columbia, SC
Member since Feb 2008
319 posts

re: Schedule Change for App State Game (Posted on 2/27 at 6:23 p.m. to LSU)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's my understand from some sources at Appalachian, that a large part in this game happening was ESPN negotiating the deal with both schools. Now will that ever be public, probably not, but I understand that ESPN said they'd market the game as the Champion of Champions and put it in primetime. Jerry Moore has made subtle references to it (prior to it being announced) at several small town functions. If I were ya'll, I'd hope its not on ESPN. Appalachian is 13-0 on ESPN all time.

AshevilleApp2
February 28th, 2008, 10:00 AM

I guess I'll party in Baton Rouge on Friday and Saturday and watch the game in Asheville on Monday.xnonono2x

HighRyder08
February 28th, 2008, 10:13 AM

that ruins alot of students chances to go to the game...

neersnbeers
February 28th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Another funny rant on TD:

re: Schedule Change for App State Game (Posted on 2/28 at 12:39 a.m. reply to Appstate005)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"football is just a game in Boone, NC. In the state of Louisiana, Tiger football is a way of life. We are set in our ways and don't change for *****. We play Saturday games, mainly at night. We wear our white jerseys at home, we tailgate all day leading up to the game....and we DON'T play Monday night games. We don't need the exposure on ABC."

Now thats sum funny stuff!xlolx xlolx

rudy1648
February 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM

if you went to tigerdroppings.com,,,they are not so much a message board as a rant board. That is what they do there,,,insult and smack. Just give it back to them. At this point,,there are over 1100 posts on 59 pages,,,,

813Jag
February 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I guess I'll party in Baton Rouge on Friday and Saturday and watch the game in Asheville on Monday.xnonono2x
It's too bad the Jags are out of town that weekend, you could have caught a game across town. If you have a car Nicholls and Southeastern La. aren't that far away.

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Hey,I thought it was 31????? But OK I'll still be a winner.xlolx xthumbsupx

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 02:51 PM

??????????????:p

Touchdown Yosef
February 28th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Hey,I thought it was 31????? But OK I'll still be a winner.xlolx xthumbsupx

I was mistaken, 31 it is.

AshevilleApp2
February 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
It's too bad the Jags are out of town that weekend, you could have caught a game across town. If you have a car Nicholls and Southeastern La. aren't that far away.

Thanks that's another possibility. I'm considering blowing more vacation time and backtracking from New Orleans on Monday. Who knows. Either way, I've wanted to do a delta trip for years and I'm going to, football or not.

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 03:19 PM
I was mistaken, 31 it is.

I'll tell you what,TY
When this game is played this fall,I'm going to make a rather large wager on the game (legally). If you want I'll make the wager with you,using the Official Vegas Line.I will meet you at the game on the APPY side,Bring some friends,we'll make a party out of it. Bring Cash,(US dollars) Let me know the Amt. by This Board or PM.This way I bring enough Money,just in case Appy gets lucky and scores more than 10 Points. Let me know on this board or by PM if you would rather. IN FACT if the line is low enough maybe I'll give you a few extra points,just to show you I'm not such a bad guy.xthumbsupx xpeacex BTW, Make it a decent Amt. I'm not going to kill a whole Day for peanuts.

ericsaid
February 28th, 2008, 03:28 PM
I wonder if he knows how good App's offense is? I found it funny that by looking at the combine results a lot of big ten players and ACC players were faster then the SEC players. Hell a conferenceUSE guy beat out Darren Mcfadden on the 40 and tied the all time fastest fourty with a 4.24. So i think LSU's speed may be overestimated a bit but the more it is over estimated the better app will prepare for it.

Appalachian will score atleast 17 points in this game and i'd say at the most 35. Thats a big spread but my opinions will change when two-a-days come around and they have reports on how the team is doing.

As of now my score is still 35-24 LSU winning.

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I'll say 42-10 LSU winning xthumbsupx

ericsaid
February 28th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I'll say your retarded.xrulesx

And shouldn't post on this thread unless you actually know something about appalachian state beside the fact that they have won 3 NC's.

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
ha getting people to recognize that appalachian can play is an endless battle. if we did happen to beat LSU, dont think that the rest of the top 25 teams in America wouldnt think they can beat us by 30+. goes along with the territory of FCS. however, if we were a 8-4 Conf. USA team, they would be far more worried. funny/crazy.

Prediction (early)
LSU 21
App 17

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'll say your retarded.xrulesx

And shouldn't post on this thread unless you actually know something about appalachian state beside the fact that they have won 3 NC's.
Just who the blue blazes are you??
Why are you being personal,???You mean I'm not entitled to an opinion.unless I go to APPY State??You say I'm retarded for having an opinion? Speaking of Rude people, Sir,or Miss, you take the cake.
BTW, Who are you to say who can or cannot post on this thread ??xnonox

ericsaid
February 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
No i'm not being disrespecful, i just can tell, you predict your score and have no means of backing up your opinion, you just give it so it makes no sense. And you, my friend, in my opinion know nothing about appalachian state football. Do your reserach, watch clips maybe or do something, just dont give eroneous predictions.

ericsaid
February 28th, 2008, 04:38 PM
ha getting people to recognize that appalachian can play is an endless battle. if we did happen to beat LSU, dont think that the rest of the top 25 teams in America wouldnt think they can beat us by 30+. goes along with the territory of FCS. however, if we were a 8-4 Conf. USA team, they would be far more worried. funny/crazy.

Prediction (early)
LSU 21
App 17

Sounds reasonable, but i don't think it will be that low scoring, if App has any chance they have to make it a shootout. LSU 35 points, app maybe 24 or 31? Depends on how LSU prepares.

Id LSU prepares like everyone thinks they will app may have 21. But they will overlook App. no matter what they say, we are still FCS, so 35-31 sounds good to me atleast. But atleast 21-17 is more reasonable then 42-10xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Sounds reasonable, but i don't think it will be that low scoring, if App has any chance they have to make it a shootout. LSU 35 points, app maybe 24 or 31? Depends on how LSU prepares.

Id LSU prepares like everyone thinks they will app may have 21. But they will overlook App. no matter what they say, we are still FCS, so 35-31 sounds good to me atleast. But atleast 21-17 is more reasonable then 42-10xthumbsupx

ha well im glad i got you to come around, a little bit.xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM

42-10....its possible as our friend udchuck proclaims.....no one really knows what will happen on the field, somebody has a great day, somebody has a bad day......anythings possible. but in speculation, which is what this is, you have to go on respect, and i would like to think atleast that a 2008 LSU team wouldn't beat us worse than a VERY good 2005 lsu team....but then again, i restate, who knows what happens really.

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
and.......IM NOT THROWING AWAY THE CHANCE THAT WE ACTUALLY WIN!xsmiley_wix :D

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM
No i'm not being disrespecful, i just can tell, you predict your score and have no means of backing up your opinion, you just give it so it makes no sense. And you, my friend, in my opinion know nothing about appalachian state football. Do your reserach, watch clips maybe or do something, just dont give eroneous predictions.
LSU last season record, Now compare Appy State opponents with LSU opponents. your team played a bunch of patsy's. LSU played a much tougher schedule.BTW for someone who called me retarded,You really must learn how to spell.xrulesx
lt Last year LSU Football results.
Thu, Aug 30 at Mississippi State W 45-0 --
Sat, Sep 8 (9) Virginia Tech W 48-7 --
Sat, Sep 15 Middle Tennessee W 44-0 --
Sat, Sep 22 (12) South Carolina W 28-16 --
Sat, Sep 29 at Tulane W 34-9 --
Sat, Oct 6 (9) Florida W 28-24 --
Sat, Oct 13 at (17) Kentucky L 37-43 --
Sat, Oct 20 (18) Auburn W 30-24 --
Sat, Nov 3 at (17) Alabama W 41-34 --
Sat, Nov 10 Louisiana Tech W 58-10 --
Sat, Nov 17 at Mississippi W 41-24 --
Fri, Nov 23 Arkansas L 48-50 --
Sat, Dec 1 (14) Tennessee W 21-14 --

Postseason
Date Opponent Time/Result

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 05:08 PM
LSU last season record, Now compare Appy State opponents with LSU opponents. your team played a bunch of patsy's. LSU played a much tougher schedule.BTW for someone who called me retarded,You really must learn how to spell.xrulesx
lt Last year LSU Football results.
Thu, Aug 30 at Mississippi State W 45-0 --
Sat, Sep 8 (9) Virginia Tech W 48-7 --
Sat, Sep 15 Middle Tennessee W 44-0 --
Sat, Sep 22 (12) South Carolina W 28-16 --
Sat, Sep 29 at Tulane W 34-9 --
Sat, Oct 6 (9) Florida W 28-24 --
Sat, Oct 13 at (17) Kentucky L 37-43 --
Sat, Oct 20 (18) Auburn W 30-24 --
Sat, Nov 3 at (17) Alabama W 41-34 --
Sat, Nov 10 Louisiana Tech W 58-10 --
Sat, Nov 17 at Mississippi W 41-24 --
Fri, Nov 23 Arkansas L 48-50 --
Sat, Dec 1 (14) Tennessee W 21-14 --

Postseason
Date Opponent Time/Result

hey udchuck, can you research 2006 Michigan schedule and results, and 2006 Appalachian results.

and then tell us the relevance

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Appy State Results 2007
Sept. 1 at Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. Noon (Big Ten Network) W, 34-32 (view)
Sept. 8 LENOIR-RHYNE (National Champions/Hall of Fame Day) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 3:30 p.m. W, 48-7 (view)
Sept. 15 NORTHERN ARIZONA (Family Weekend) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 3:30 p.m. W, 34-21 (view) (view)
Sept. 22 at Wofford* Spartanburg, S.C. 3 p.m. (SportSouth) L, 42-31 (view) (view)
Sept. 29 at Elon* Elon, N.C. 1:30 p.m. W, 49-32 (view) (view)
Oct. 6 GARDNER-WEBB (Homecoming) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 2:30 p.m. W, 45-7 (view) (view)
Oct. 20 GEORGIA SOUTHERN* (Black Saturday) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 3:30 p.m. (MASN) L, 38-35 (view) (view)
Oct. 27 at Furman* Greenville, S.C. 3 p.m. (SportSouth) W, 34-27 (view) (view)
Nov. 3 at The Citadel* Charleston, S.C. 2 p.m. W, 45-24 (view) (view)
Nov. 10 WESTERN CAROLINA* (Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 3:30 p.m. (ESPNU - Tape Delay: 8 p.m.) W, 79-35 (view) (view)
Nov. 17 CHATTANOOGA* (Scholar Ring Day) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 3:30 p.m. (SportSouth) W, 37-17 (view) (view)
Nov. 24 JAMES MADISON (NCAA Division I Playoffs First Round) KIDD BREWER STADIUM Noon (CSS) W, 28-27 (view) (view)
Dec. 1 EASTERN WASHINGTON (NCAA Division I Playoffs Quarterfinals) KIDD BREWER STADIUM Noon (ESPN Gameplan) W, 38-35 (view) (view)
Dec. 7 RICHMOND (NCAA Division I Playoffs Semifinals) KIDD BREWER STADIUM 8 p.m. (ESPN2) W, 55-35 (view) (view)
Dec. 14 Delaware (NCAA Division I National Championship) Chattanooga, Tenn. 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 05:13 PM
hey udchuck, can you research 2006 Michigan schedule and results, and 2006 Appalachian results.

and then tell us the relevance

I'm not the least bit interested in Michigan, Appy is playing LSU.

Is it possible Appy can beat LSU,Dog gone right it can happen.Heck it happened last year against Mich. Do I think it will happen this year against LSU??No I can't see it.but thats why they play the games.You can go on forever stating upsets.

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 05:14 PM
thats 2007 brother, i asked for 2006.

the point im making is.....as you will see below, the year before means much of nothing about the following year. and actually michigan lost almost nobody from their 2006 season.....where as LSU has lost quite a few impact players. im not calling a victory, im calling for the reduction of uncalled-for posts.

Date Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result
09/02/2006* 12:00 p.m. Vanderbilt #15 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 27-7
09/09/2006* 12:00 p.m. Central Michigan #13 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN Plus W 41-17
09/16/2006* 3:30 p.m. at #3 Notre Dame #13 Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN NBC W 47-21
09/23/2006 12:00 p.m. Wisconsin #6 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 27-13
09/30/2006 8:00 p.m. Minnesota #6 Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN ESPN W 28-14
10/07/2006 4:30 p.m. Michigan State #6 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 31-13
10/14/2006 8:00 p.m. at Penn State #5 Beaver Stadium • University Park, PA ABC W 17-10
10/21/2006 3:30 p.m. #23 Iowa #3 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ABC W 20-6
10/28/2006† 12:00 p.m. Northwestern #3 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 17-3
11/04/2006* 12:00 p.m. Ball State #3 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPNU W 34-26
11/11/2006 3:30 p.m. at Indiana #2 Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN ESPN W 34-3
11/18/2006 3:30 p.m. at #1 Ohio State #2 Ohio Stadium • Columbus, OH ABC L 42-39
01/01/2007* 5:00 p.m. vs. #7 USC #3 Rose Bowl • Pasadena, CA (Rose Bowl) ABC L 32-18

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not the least bit interested in Michigan, Appy is playing LSU.

and i would argue youre more interested in the 2007 BCS National Champions than the 2008 LSU Tigers.

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM
thats 2007 brother, i asked for 2006.

the point im making is.....as you will see below, the year before means much of nothing about the following year. and actually michigan lost almost nobody from their 2006 season.....where as LSU has lost quite a few impact players. im not calling a victory, im calling for the reduction of uncalled-for posts.

Date Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result
09/02/2006* 12:00 p.m. Vanderbilt #15 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 27-7
09/09/2006* 12:00 p.m. Central Michigan #13 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN Plus W 41-17
09/16/2006* 3:30 p.m. at #3 Notre Dame #13 Notre Dame Stadium • South Bend, IN NBC W 47-21
09/23/2006 12:00 p.m. Wisconsin #6 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 27-13
09/30/2006 8:00 p.m. Minnesota #6 Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome • Minneapolis, MN ESPN W 28-14
10/07/2006 4:30 p.m. Michigan State #6 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 31-13
10/14/2006 8:00 p.m. at Penn State #5 Beaver Stadium • University Park, PA ABC W 17-10
10/21/2006 3:30 p.m. #23 Iowa #3 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ABC W 20-6
10/28/2006† 12:00 p.m. Northwestern #3 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPN W 17-3
11/04/2006* 12:00 p.m. Ball State #3 Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, MI ESPNU W 34-26
11/11/2006 3:30 p.m. at Indiana #2 Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN ESPN W 34-3
11/18/2006 3:30 p.m. at #1 Ohio State #2 Ohio Stadium • Columbus, OH ABC L 42-39
01/01/2007* 5:00 p.m. vs. #7 USC #3 Rose Bowl • Pasadena, CA (Rose Bowl) ABC L 32-18

This is why the comparison Posts.---This creep has the nerve to call me retarded ,then asked me to research,to back up my prediction. Well I did it.xcoffeex I'm comparing Appy 2007 with LSU 2007

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 05:46 PM
This is why the comparison Posts.---This creep has the nerve to call me retarded ,then asked me to research,to back up my prediction. Well I did it.xcoffeex I'm comparing Appy 2007 with LSU 2007

touche, i can respect the response. we have a difference in reasoning, but everyone's opinion is warranted. thats the beauty of americaxthumbsupx . agree to disagree.

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 05:52 PM
touche, i can respect the response. we have a difference in reasoning, but everyone's opinion is warranted. thats the beauty of americaxthumbsupx . agree to disagree.

Absolutely, You're a true Gentleman.xthumbsupx Thats why the Sports Book in Vegas make so much money.The difference in reasoning,the difference in opinions.

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Absolutely, You're a true Gentleman.xthumbsupx Thats why the Sports Book in Vegas make so much money.The difference in reasoning,the difference in opinions.

ha hope you dont lose too much money on Aug. 30th....or whenever the game turns out to be........just kidding.xsmiley_wix

feb18blacksunday
February 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Monday or so I am inclined to believe.xthumbsupx

ericsaid
February 28th, 2008, 08:16 PM
There won't even be a betting line on this game.

jonmac
February 28th, 2008, 08:23 PM

I imagine there will be and I further imagine it will be rather large, even with last season's UM result.

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM

sure there will.

HaveFunKc
February 28th, 2008, 09:16 PM
After the Big House, there will be a line this year. It may be huge, but there will be a line. There's $ to be made - Vegas will not want to miss the action this year... xnodx xnodx

udchuck
February 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=HaveFunKc;879648]After the Big House, there will be a line this year. It may be huge, but there will be a line. There's $ to be made - Vegas will not want to miss the action this year... xnodx xnodx[/QUOTE

You got that right my good man.I'll say about 21-24 points max.anything more you'll get all ASU.(Just my Humble Opinion)

ericsaid
February 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
No, there won't be, the odds are just as much if not more against App this year then they were last year. The game will be close but there will be no betting line because people in Vagas still think Appalachian State is some college in a cavern in the Andes.

neersnbeers
February 28th, 2008, 10:18 PM
No, there won't be, the odds are just as much if not more against App this year then they were last year. The game will be close but there will be no betting line because people in Vagas still think Appalachian State is some college in a cavern in the Andes.

And you've been gambling since...........?

KiddBrewer
February 28th, 2008, 10:21 PM
i will bet money their is a line.........(ha sounds like a gambling addict huh?)

McNeese75
February 28th, 2008, 10:27 PM

Ok, if you are still insisting on these ridiculous spreads then we really do need to place a friendly wager. You have got into some really bad

xhomerx

grayghost06
February 28th, 2008, 10:40 PM

There most certainly will be a line, as there was last year too. Line started at App + 23 and I believe finished up at +27 by game time. I know because the same sportsbook ( 5Dimes) had a line for the JMU-UNC game the same weekend.

seantaylor
February 29th, 2008, 01:51 AM

An obvious novice gambler. I'll hit you up during the season for some action.

Touchdown Yosef
February 29th, 2008, 06:42 AM
I'll tell you what,TY
When this game is played this fall,I'm going to make a rather large wager on the game (legally). If you want I'll make the wager with you,using the Official Vegas Line.I will meet you at the game on the APPY side,Bring some friends,we'll make a party out of it. Bring Cash,(US dollars) Let me know the Amt. by This Board or PM.This way I bring enough Money,just in case Appy gets lucky and scores more than 10 Points. Let me know on this board or by PM if you would rather. IN FACT if the line is low enough maybe I'll give you a few extra points,just to show you I'm not such a bad guy.xthumbsupx xpeacex BTW, Make it a decent Amt. I'm not going to kill a whole Day for peanuts.

Chuck,

Are you going to the game?

furman94
February 29th, 2008, 06:57 AM
An obvious novice gambler. I'll hit you up during the season for some action.

Uh, he's in high school!

Touchdown Yosef
February 29th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Uh, he's in high school!

actually I think he said middle school

SirApp
February 29th, 2008, 07:38 AM
There will most definitely be a betting line. Vegas will want a piece of the action for this game.

AshevilleApp2
February 29th, 2008, 09:07 AM
actually I think he said middle school

No. He said he's at South Caldwell.

Touchdown Yosef
February 29th, 2008, 09:20 AM
No. He said he's at South Caldwell.

your right, i read his post of junior in high school as junior high. One could get confused though.

LehighFan11
February 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
In my non-expert opinionxsmiley_wix ..i think the line will be LSU -17. Their goal is to get money on both sides, if they make it 21-24, they will get too many App bets, like mexnodx

I-AA Fan
February 29th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Can I block a thread, or just it just users? This is getting more than old

AshevilleApp2
February 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Can I block a thread? This is getting more than old

That might effect the over/under 2000 posts question I asked last week!

lizrdgizrd
February 29th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Can I block a thread? This is getting more than old
You can choose not to read it. xcoffeex

udchuck
February 29th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Chuck,

Are you going to the game?

I would if I were to make a wager with you. Other than that I would most likely make the wager with my Book,and go to the OSU game.

udchuck
February 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM
In my non-expert opinionxsmiley_wix ..i think the line will be LSU -17. Their goal is to get money on both sides, if they make it 21-24, they will get too many App bets, like mexnodx

You could be right,xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
February 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I would if I were to make a wager with you. Other than that I would most likely make the wager with my Book,and go to the OSU game.

If the game turns out to be on Monday I will be unable to attend, I just don't have the vacation days to burn this year. If it is on Saturday we'll see.

udchuck
February 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Can I block a thread, or just it just users? This is getting more than old

TURN OFF YOUR PC AND GO OUT AND CUT YOUR GRASS.OR PAINT YOUR HOUSE.xcoffeex

udchuck
February 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
If the game turns out to be on Monday I will be unable to attend, I just don't have the vacation days to burn this year. If it is on Saturday we'll see.

I didn't know it was a possible Monday game.Bummer

ericsaid
February 29th, 2008, 11:05 AM
See i may be a junior in high school, but i remember seeing the betting line for florida and michigan in their bowl game and florida was +11. I just can't see App and LSU having a betting line if that was the betting line on two FBS schools. +17 for LSU just seems too small for an FCS-FBS game. Which is why i don't see a betting line happening. not vegas anyway.

grayghost06
February 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
See i may be a junior in high school, but i remember seeing the betting line for florida and michigan in their bowl game and florida was +11. I just can't see App and LSU having a betting line if that was the betting line on two FBS schools. +17 for LSU just seems too small for an FCS-FBS game. Which is why i don't see a betting line happening. not vegas anyway.

Listen to your elders xrulesx . There is a line for every FCS and FBS game. Most books do not post FCS lines but a couple of offshore books do. The lines tend to be a little looser than they are for the big boys, one of the reasons the books put a wager limit on these games till later in the week.
As far as a potentially large point spread being involved, Hawaii was a 59 point favorite vs. a FCS team last year and it was available to wager on. There will be a bona-fide accurate betting line for ASU-LSU. These people don't stay in business by putting out a hypothetical line. Give or take a few points, the line should draw interest for both sides.
Top FBS teams tend to win by 4 touchdowns against top FCS schools, so look for something in that range. No disgrace to a school like ASU, as the game could be tight for 2 1/2 quarters with LSU wearing them down in the second half. For that matter, LSU likely could beat half of the FBS schools by that margin. When these inter-division matches get out of control, the big boys do seem to score at will.

udchuck
February 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Listen to your elders xrulesx . There is a line for every FCS and FBS game. Most books do not post FCS lines but a couple of offshore books do. The lines tend to be a little looser than they are for the big boys, one of the reasons the books put a wager limit on these games till later in the week.
As far as a potentially large point spread being involved, Hawaii was a 59 point favorite vs. a FCS team last year and it was available to wager on. There will be a bona-fide accurate betting line for ASU-LSU. These people don't stay in business by putting out a hypothetical line. Give or take a few points, the line should draw interest for both sides.
Top FBS teams tend to win by 4 touchdowns against top FCS schools, so look for something in that range. No disgrace to a school like ASU, as the game could be tight for 2 1/2 quarters with LSU wearing them down in the second half. For that matter, LSU likely could beat half of the FBS schools by that margin. When these inter-division matches get out of control, the big boys do seem to score at will.

I could not say it too much better than that.you can also add,unlike Pro Coaches the College Coach in most cases will pour on the points with no mercy.( Ratings seem be set on how bad you beat up on your opponent)so a large point spread can be beat.xpeacex Of coarse not all College coaches will pour it on.( just another handicapping tool ) I think this game,--IF,OK a big IF LSU has the opportunity to pour it on,I think they'll do it with no mercy.( because of the Mich debacle )xsmiley_wix

ericsaid
February 29th, 2008, 02:33 PM
There wasn't a Vegas line on the Michigan game last year. Which i was thinking Vagas and offshore are different? maybe not, but i said at the end of my last post, "not vegas anyway".

From what i've heard from Les Miles, i don't believe he would run up the score on purpose, regardless of the Michigan game.

McNeese75
February 29th, 2008, 02:49 PM
There wasn't a Vegas line on the Michigan game last year. Which i was thinking Vagas and offshore are different? maybe not, but i said at the end of my last post, "not vegas anyway".

From what i've heard from Les Miles, i don't believe he would run up the score on purpose, regardless of the Michigan game.

You may be right about Miles but I would guess they will be trying to score everytime they get the ball and will not call off the dogs unless it is way out of hand. (What that amounts to in a point lead is anybody's guess but I suspect it is more than 4 or 5 TD's)

ericsaid
February 29th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, but I don't think LSU will get that big of a lead at anypoint in the game to have to worry about it. Maybe two or three touchdowns is the largest lead they'll get.

McNeese75
February 29th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah, but I don't think LSU will get that big of a lead at anypoint in the game to have to worry about it. Maybe two or three touchdowns is the largest lead they'll get.

Maybe but your upper limit is my lower so I guess time will tell xnodx

ericsaid
February 29th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, well we'll see. All I can say is expect the unexpected.

McNeese75
February 29th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, well we'll see. All I can say is expect the unexpected.

That bus has left the station. You probably need to start considering the unexpected in your mind (an LSU win by 4 or more TD's).

ericsaid
February 29th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Could be, I never said that wouldn't happen. Maybe you need to start expecting a game close then 3 touchdowns. Have you seen any of App's games, ever?

Jerbearasu
February 29th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Could be, I never said that wouldn't happen. Maybe you need to start expecting a game close then 3 touchdowns. Have you seen any of App's games, ever?

Why is it that you assume that anybody who thinks App might lose big have never seen or heard of App before. I've seen you ask or state something similar to this many times. We are all fans of FCS here and most of us watch the National Championship game even if our teams aren't in it so assuming this most of the posters on here have seen App play at one time or another. Even if they haven't, how closely do you follow this division outside of App?

ericsaid
February 29th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Quite often actually. I've seen LSU play and Appalachian both play. Watched the Mississippi State game Virginia Tech, Tennessee and National Championship and saw highlights from every other game they played.

Is Appalachian over matched? Yes, absolutely. But i don't think so much to the point that they will be obliterated past the point that no one even remembers what happened in Ann Arbor. Does that make sense?

A four touchdown difference may be a bit of a stretch yes, would i be suprised for it to be more? no. But would it's not what i expect to happen from what i've seen and read.

Jerbearasu
March 1st, 2008, 03:24 AM
Quite often actually. I've seen LSU play and Appalachian both play. Watched the Mississippi State game Virginia Tech, Tennessee and National Championship and saw highlights from every other game they played.

Wow... Absolutely not what I asked... Have you ever seen Montana play even on tv? Can you even tell me what form of an offense Northern Iowa runs? Can you name another team that is in McNeese State's conference or even name the conference? In other words, is there another FCS team not one of your bowl babies that you have seen play?

You put a poll up based on hearsay and your own private dartboard and claim these are the 10 most likely candidates... The only reason why Georgia Southern is up there over Cal Poly, I'm sure, is because you have heard of GSU more before and know they are in the same conference as App and they've won it before so they have to be in the hunt. Any team that played App closely last year must be dangerous this year. With that logic, the 3-8 GSU team of 2006 was just a game away from the title in your mind. I am not trying to call out one of my own App fans here but when you get on here and post you represent App fans and a lot of your posts are flat out ignorance for our division.

You need to remember we are the fans that listen to the Internet feed of Montana vs. Montana State because that is like the Michigan vs Ohio State game for us. We are the fans that watch a slow scratchy version of UNH tv because we knew Ricky Santos was the real deal and wanted to see what silly highlights he would provide this week. We watch the games that are on the off-beat channels with vast inferior technology because those are the stations that will show the Lafayette vs. Lehigh game. We have to be creative to find out about others in this division because the media outlets don't want to show what we are capable of so we come here to share the info.

AppStateold299
March 1st, 2008, 06:37 AM

Is Appalachian over matched? Yes, absolutely. But i don't think so much to the point that they will be obliterated past the point that no one even remembers what happened in Ann Arbor. Does that make sense?

A four touchdown difference may be a bit of a stretch yes, would i be suprised for it to be more? no. But would it's not what i expect to happen from what i've seen and read.

I have heard all these comments before as well. About this time last year everyone was saying the exact same things. Do they have more scholarship players? Yes! Do they have bigger players? Yes! Do they have faster players? Questionable, but probably.

I agree that on paper there is no way in the world we should win. That is exactly what they said last year, but somehow our boys step up and find something inside. I am not saying that we will win. All I am saying is we deserve a little respect in saying that we won't just get blown out like a scrub team. We are a great team and Coach Moore will have them ready to play.

I do expect them to loose even though I am holding to that glimmer of hope just like last year. I mean they are the returning champions (just like us), and they are returning a lot of talent (just like us). All I am saying is don't just throw us to the wolves and recognize that we do have a tendency of stepping up for big games.

ericsaid
March 1st, 2008, 08:41 AM
I concur.

ericsaid
March 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM
Les Miles may wear Armanti Edward pj's for atleast a night. If kept within two td's.

McNeese75
March 1st, 2008, 10:08 PM

Yes, and I have seen LSU and many many more games that you ever have. (I've got four children older than you, xlolx ).

Sorry I just don't see this one being as close as you keep hawking all over this board. But this is just my opinion and you are certainly entitled to your own. (But it would be nice to see you involved in some posts that don't involve how wonderful ASU is going to be next year and how close the LSU game is going to be and why every other FCS team in the country cannot measure up to your team. yada, yada, yada. Try spending a little time in the lounge xsmiley_wix Come on over and meet the Capt'n)

ericsaid
March 1st, 2008, 11:10 PM
Nice to see everything i say be discredited because of my age. That and half of what i say makes no sense. That or it makes too much sense.

Sorry I can't hawk over McNeese. I would like to give them a chance versus UNC. I may even make an attempt to get to that game. If they are improved from last year, i'd give them a shot.

Since UNC got Butch Davis though their recruiting has sky rocketed and just the team in general seems like in a couple years they may be contenders in the ACC.

38-21 is my score for that game:).

I despise UNC. If McNeese beats them, you shall have my praise forever, shut everyone up in North Carolina about how amazing UNC is.

KiddBrewer
March 1st, 2008, 11:56 PM
anygivensaturday.com............a place for football fans of all ages, where regardless of age, all opinions are homerish and often based on issues users know best, and much less on an unbiased knowledge of FCS football as a whole. and it is these opinions, which in fact, make anygivensaturday.com, and college football fan-hood the beautiful things they are.

thats not the official slogan for the website, but i petition it should be.

McNeese75
March 2nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
Nice to see everything i say be discredited because of my age. That and half of what i say makes no sense. That or it makes too much sense.

Sorry I can't hawk over McNeese. I would like to give them a chance versus UNC. I may even make an attempt to get to that game. If they are improved from last year, i'd give them a shot.

Since UNC got Butch Davis though their recruiting has sky rocketed and just the team in general seems like in a couple years they may be contenders in the ACC.

I despise UNC. If McNeese beats them, you shall have my praise forever, shut everyone up in North Carolina about how amazing UNC is.

Now, Now, no discredit intended towards you because of your age. You seem to be very avid and well informed about football. My comments were in response to your question regarding how many games I had actually seen. And believe me, I an NOT trying to get you to hawk on my Cowboys xlolx . The playoff loss to EWU came as a surprise and of course was a big disappontment last year. It spotlighted some issues that need to be (and will be) addressed by our coaching staff. I expect McNeese to have a very good offensive team in 2008 but the defene will probably dictate how successful the season will be. For the record, I could live with playing UNC within 3 TD's (but then again, UNC is not even close to LSU and I still can't buy a close ASU vs LSU score)

McNeese will most likely not go through conference play undefeated but I also doubt ASU will either.

There are more than a handful of FCS teams that will be up to the challenge to beat ASU or any other team on AGS.

KiddBrewer
March 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Now, Now, no discredit intended towards you because of your age. You seem to be very avid and well informed about football. My comments were in response to your question regarding how many games I had actually seen. And believe me, I an NOT trying to get you to hawk on my Cowboys xlolx . The playoff loss to EWU came as a surprise and of course was a big disappontment last year. It spotlighted some issues that need to be (and will be) addressed by our coaching staff. I expect McNeese to have a very good offensive team in 2008 but the defene will probably dictate how successful the season will be. For the record, I could live with playing UNC within 3 TD's (but then again, UNC is not even close to LSU and I still can't buy a close ASU vs LSU score)

McNeese will most likely not go through conference play undefeated but I also doubt ASU will either.

There are more than a handful of FCS teams that will be up to the challenge to beat ASU or any other team on AGS.

very true, ASU will be challenged and will lose in conference......as we have the last 3 years. xrolleyesx just for fun

McNeese75
March 2nd, 2008, 12:15 AM

Now, Now, no discredit intended towards you because of your age. You seem to be very avid and well informed about football. My comment about your age was strictly in response to you question regarding how many games I have seen. And believe me, I an NOT trying to get you to hawk on my Cowboys xlolx . The playoff loss to EWU came as a surprise and of course was a big disappontment last year (We really were looking forward to having ASU in our stadium). It spotlighted some issues that need to be (and will be) addressed by our coaching staff. I expect McNeese to have a very good offensive team in 2008 but the defense will probably dictate how successful the season will be. I imagine McNeese will play UNC just as close or closer than ASU will play LSU (and that is not a slam on ASU). UNC is no LSU.

Night!!

GGASU
March 2nd, 2008, 12:54 AM
I agree that on paper there is no way in the world we should win.

On paper I think this a very close match.

Take away the bull**** high school stars and you have a very athletic quick team againist another very athletic quick team.

Advantages
Quarterback-ASU
Offensive line-LSU
Defensive line-LSU but close
Linebackers-ASU
Running Backs-LSU
Secondary-?

As I said this time last year.....ASU by 7 with LSU scoring late to make it look respectable.

LehighFan11
March 2nd, 2008, 01:49 AM

Take away the bull**** high school stars and you have a very athletic quick team againist another very athletic quick team.

Advantages
Quarterback-ASU
Offensive line-LSU
Linebackers-ASU
Running Backs-LSU
Secondary-?

As I said this time last year.....ASU by 7 with LSU scoring late to make it look respectable.

No, on paper App loses at basically every position except QB because of Armanti. On paper a good FBS team should beat a FCS team. But of course these games aren't played on paper. However much LSU says they won't overlook App, they still will in the back of their minds. They won't be as fired up to play App as they would against Florida. App will be ready to play and will play like it is their last game, which is the only chance they have of winning.

JohnStOnge
March 2nd, 2008, 10:13 AM
No, on paper App loses at basically every position except QB because of Armanti.

I think winning that Michigan game really caused some App State fans to overestimate their overall talent level. Sometimes the more talented team loses.

LSU is going to have way more talent than App State. It's going to be a bigger, stronger, faster team. It's going to have better running backs, recievers, tight ends, offensive linemen, linebackers, defensive linemen, and defensive backs. And it'll arguably have a better quarterback if Perrilloux plays. In fact I think that the overwhelming majority of college coaches would take Perrilloux over Edwards if given the choice (and if Perrilloux was not a problem child).

Barrying catostrophic injuries, LSU will have somewhere around 8 players drafted in the 2009 NFL draft plus a bunch more of the younger players will be taken in subsequent NFL drafts. Most of their starters will eventually be drafted. There might not be a single player that takes the field for Appalachian State in that game that could start for the team they're going to be facing. And that includes Edwards.

That doesn't mean it's impossible for App State to win. It's not uncommon teams with lower overall talent levels to win. But the Mountaineers are going to be at a huge overall talent disadvantage.

udchuck
March 2nd, 2008, 10:26 AM

Advantages
Quarterback-ASU
Offensive line-LSU
Linebackers-ASU
Running Backs-LSU
Secondary-?

xlolx xlolx xeekx I admire your enthusiasm.

DLS
March 2nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
"I think winning that Michigan game really caused some App State fans to overestimate their overall talent level. Sometimes the more talented team loses."

In respects to AE, i think it was the richmond game that displayed why this kid shouldnt be playing in I-AA, prolly not in I-A either. god made him that size to trick you.

fjblair
March 2nd, 2008, 10:59 AM

Advantages
Quarterback-ASU
Offensive line-LSU
Linebackers-ASU
Running Backs-LSU
Secondary-?

I don't think it is close on paper at all. ASU is a very talented team but LSU is also very talented, as well as bigger and deeper. This is a game LSU should win "on paper" for sure.

That being said, the game is played on the field, and on AGS crazy things can happen.

JohnStOnge
March 2nd, 2008, 02:16 PM
I don't think it is close on paper at all. ASU is a very talented team but LSU is also very talented, as well as bigger and deeper. This is a game LSU should win "on paper" for sure.

That being said, the game is played on the field, and on AGS crazy things can happen.

Agreed. I think Michigan had a substantial overall talent edge on App State...as it would have over any FCS team.. and lost anyway. It happens.

One thing I think gives some idea of what I'm talking about is the set of NFL Draft Scout ratings. I know it's just one source but I'm confident you'd see the same basic picture if you looked at other reasonably serious analyses of player talent levels.

Here's the list for Michigan:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/college.php?DSTeamId=33&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

Here's the list for App State:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/college.php?DSTeamId=130&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

There are three Appalachian State players from the 2007 team rated at their positions. There are 47 such Michigan players. No Appalachian State player is rated higher than 11 at his position. There are 21 Michigan players rated at 10 or higher at their positions; including 10 rated in the top 3.

I realize that such listings are not perfect. But the difference is so dramatic that I think people who don't believe that when App State beat Michigan it overcame a substantial overall talent level disadvantage to do it are kidding themselves.

ericsaid
March 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
very true, ASU will be challenged and will lose in conference......as we have the last 3 years. xrolleyesx just for fun

In 06' the only loss was to NC Statexthumbsupx

ericsaid
March 2nd, 2008, 08:10 PM
No, on paper App loses at basically every position except QB because of Armanti. On paper a good FBS team should beat a FCS team. But of course these games aren't played on paper. However much LSU says they won't overlook App, they still will in the back of their minds. They won't be as fired up to play App as they would against Florida. App will be ready to play and will play like it is their last game, which is the only chance they have of winning.

LSU will underestimate ASU, they have to in a sense. Since Appalachian is still an "FCS team".

Should have made the title Division 1-B.

ericsaid
March 2nd, 2008, 08:12 PM
Well we all learned bigger doesn't mean much. If all of us didn't learn bigger doesn't nessecarily means better, then i'm sure Michigan didxlolx

BEAR
March 2nd, 2008, 08:14 PM
I don't think LSU will underestimate APP. They saw what they did to Michigan. But you also have to take into account that LSU is in the deep south. Deep south players and hill players are pretty much alike. They both usually come from working families that rely on each other to make it. LSU isn't Florida. They're a different kind of talented team. But I wish App luck, but I can't see two culturally similar teams letting the game get close like that again. LSU by 14. :D

DLS
March 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
nation’s top-ranked offense (483.5 ypg). Behind Brown, ASU also ranked among the nation’s top 10 in scoring (42.7 ppg — second), rushing (287.4 ypg — third) and pass efficiency (161.29 — sixth). - Appalachian State Football

why are we playing LSU? we should be taking on the patriots.xwhistlex