PDA

View Full Version : LSU to play Appalachian State

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

MSU_77
August 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
All are right in saying that LSU is not Michigan but, as has been said before, LSU '08 is also not LSU '07. We don't know how good they will be. They will be good, but how good? Same can be said for App. Thank goodness the season is upon us and we'll begin to find out just how good we all are. We now need everyone's with prayer, superstition or whatever is your pleasure to keep Gustav from ruining this weekend. And if you McNeese folks get stranded here, NC's not such a bad place to be stranded, I just wish you were at the coast or the mountains instead of the Triangle.

I hope very much that the App State fans attending the LSU game are not impacted by the potential evacuations. It looks like it will be a very close thing, so don't hang arond too long after the game. I will be driving from my home in Virginia to Chapel Hill for the McNeese-UNC game, so my travel will not be impacted, but I'm fervently hoping that my brethren from SW Louisiana are going to be OK. Good luck to both MSU and ASU - beat the Tarheels and the Tigers!

Purple Pride
August 28th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Louisiana is under a state of emergency. The Governor met with LSU coach yesterday to decide if the game should go on Saturday. It's a yes, but they are urging folks from North Louisiana not to go south for the game because everybody south will be heading north.

phillyAPP
August 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Louisiana is under a state of emergency. The Governor met with LSU coach yesterday to decide if the game should go on Saturday. It's a yes, but they are urging folks from North Louisiana not to go south for the game because everybody south will be heading north.

I am flying out of charlotte 8pm tonight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO APP ............. Kick Some Tiger A$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to McNeese and ALL the other FCS teams playing FBS, Make a statement FCS...... Kick some FBS Butt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EdubAlum
August 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
good luck App State. I'll always be rooting for you guys after the wonderful visit last year! thanks for all the booneshine!

mountaineertider
August 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Any more news about the potential problems?

SideLine Shooter
August 28th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I hope very much that the App State fans attending the LSU game are not impacted by the potential evacuations. It looks like it will be a very close thing, so don't hang arond too long after the game. I will be driving from my home in Virginia to Chapel Hill for the McNeese-UNC game, so my travel will not be impacted, but I'm fervently hoping that my brethren from SW Louisiana are going to be OK. Good luck to both MSU and ASU - beat the Tarheels and the Tigers!

Appreciate that. Kick some Tar Hole Butt for us. They will not play us..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
August 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Any more news about the potential problems?

I don't think there's going to be a problem with the game at all. Right now they're projecting that Saturday afternoon the storm's going to be somewhere around the gap between the west end of Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula. They're thinking it's still going to be a long way from the US Coast Sunday afternoon.

I might make contingency plans for what I'll do in case a flight is canceled or if there's a bunch of traffic. But it wouldn't stop me from going to the game if I was going to go regardless of where I lived.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT07/AL0708W5.gif

Geaux Tigers
August 28th, 2008, 05:23 PM
As of 4:30 today the game is still on.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1569484&DB_OEM_ID=5200

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
LSU Board of Supervisors were meeting today in Baton Rouge for their regularly scheduled meeting...any word out of that one?

Figured the PMAC would be shut down or the game. It's a staging area and needs to be ready to go...

EmeryZach
August 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
You guys will be fine, just might have some delays during travel. Just get the hell out as fast as you can after the game. I really hope no Appy fans decide not to go because of this, it would be really cool to see the huge Appy fan turnout. I'll have to tape the game because I'll be at the UMass game under the new lights.

JohnStOnge
August 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Another thing: It is far more likely than not that the storm will make landfall in a location different than that suggested by the dashed line at the center of the forecast track. As of the Friday before Katrina hit on Monday, for example, the center track was indicating landfall along the Florida panhandle. Similarly, at this point, Rita's projected path centered on the south-central Texas coast instead of southwest Louisiana.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Another thing: It is far more likely than not that the storm will make landfall in a location different than that suggested by the dashed line at the center of the forecast track. As of the Friday before Katrina hit on Monday, for example, the center track was indicating landfall along the Florida panhandle. Similarly, at this point, Rita's projected path centered on the south-central Texas coast instead of southwest Louisiana.

A storm almost never hits where it is said five days before per the projections. I'm not believing this thing until at least Saturday AM when I wakeup...

JohnStOnge
August 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM
A storm almost never hits where it is said five days before per the projections..

At least the center track. If you look at the whole cone projection area it will probably hit somewhere in there. But "somewhere in there" is anywhere between Corpus Christi, Texas, and Appalachicola, Florida.

mountaineertider
August 28th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Oh ok, I heard today the game might get moved back and my heart dropped. I've been looking forward to this all summer and would be extremely disappointed if I wouldn't be able to go.

TexasTerror
August 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Oh ok, I heard today the game might get moved back and my heart dropped. I've been looking forward to this all summer and would be extremely disappointed if I wouldn't be able to go.

I would not be surprised if the game is put on hold, though we have pretty much reached the "point of no return" as App State is here...

If it goes west or if it goes east, Baton Rouge is definitely going to be involved in evacuation plans...

TexasTerror
August 29th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Go get'em Appy!

Appalachian State won't fall back into anonymity
Mountaineers will forever be linked to upset of Michigan
Friday, August 29, 2008
By Jim Kleinpeter

BATON ROUGE -- After Appalachian State's shocking upset of Michigan last season, Mountaineers guard Martio Acitelli walked into his World Civilizations class to a standing ovation.

"I didn't even know they knew I was a football player," Acitelli marveled.

Almost a year later, not much had changed.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-38/121998796356200.xml&coll=1

appfan2008
August 29th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I would not be surprised if the game is put on hold, though we have pretty much reached the "point of no return" as App State is here...

If it goes west or if it goes east, Baton Rouge is definitely going to be involved in evacuation plans...

I would be pissed if they did anything to the game only bc the game is still a full 2+days before the storm will hit...

CamelCityAppFan
August 29th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Go get'em Appy!

Appalachian State won't fall back into anonymity
Mountaineers will forever be linked to upset of Michigan
Friday, August 29, 2008
By Jim Kleinpeter

BATON ROUGE -- After Appalachian State's shocking upset of Michigan last season, Mountaineers guard Martio Acitelli walked into his World Civilizations class to a standing ovation.

"I didn't even know they knew I was a football player," Acitelli marveled.

Almost a year later, not much had changed.

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-38/121998796356200.xml&coll=1

What a classy article-- no bragging, or predictions. Just a nice, positive article about the visiting team coming into town to play this weekend. Nice Job.

APPALACHIANstate
August 29th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Go get em APPS!

TexasTerror
August 29th, 2008, 08:14 AM
I would be pissed if they did anything to the game only bc the game is still a full 2+days before the storm will hit...

Yes, but you have got to understand evacuating.

There'll be a lot of people heading out of town Saturday, some even heading out today. Even more on Sunday. I-10 is the most major route of evacuating, east or west...and a major event such as a football game could be problematic.

I don't think they'll call it now, but it would not surprise me. Nothing does in wake of Katrina...

TigerDroppings.com is reporting the game will "probably" be moved, according to an interview with the LSU Chancellor this AM, to 12 or 2 p.m.

TexasTerror
August 29th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Another report on TigerDroppings that LSU is making an announcement at 10 a.m.

UDBlueLotFan
August 29th, 2008, 08:31 AM
ESPNU, just announced that the game will be played as scheduled. Good luck App.xthumbsupx Safe travels...

SoCon48
August 29th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Yes, but you have got to understand evacuating.

There'll be a lot of people heading out of town Saturday, some even heading out today. Even more on Sunday. I-10 is the most major route of evacuating, east or west...and a major event such as a football game could be problematic.

I don't think they'll call it now, but it would not surprise me. Nothing does in wake of Katrina...

TigerDroppings.com is reporting the game will "probably" be moved, according to an interview with the LSU Chancellor this AM, to 12 or 2 p.m.

It would seem that moving the time down to 12 or 1 would eliminate 90% of the problems.

EmeryZach
August 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Ok I really need to know what time it will be on so I can record it. I'm leaving to go up to UMass soon.

Skjellyfetti
August 29th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Ok I really need to know what time it will be on so I can record it. I'm leaving to go up to UMass soon.

5 pm eastern.

It could get postponed or moved ahead, though.

LSU and state officials will meet to decide game's status

Posted: Aug 28, 2008 10:57 PM

Updated: Aug 29, 2008 06:36 AM

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - Concern about contra-flow evacuations being needed earlier than expected and a special needs shelter being set up on the campus of LSU, could lead to LSU's football game being postponed, a source close to the situation said Thursday evening.

"It's not looking good for the game," the source said.

Louisiana State Police are set to meet with LSU athetics officials at 10:00 a.m. Friday to discuss the matter.

LSU is set to take on Appalachian State Saturday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. in Tiger Stadium.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=8918815

Skjellyfetti
August 29th, 2008, 11:11 AM
App team in flight:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWA8095

JDC325
August 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Normally I would like to see App get smashed, but the anti FCS bashing by the media and local sports talk radio has been way over the line and unprofessional in many cases and I am a guy who has some real problems with the FCS structure and would like to see GSU move up one day. So with that being said go App and shock the world again. xthumbsupx

LacesOut
August 29th, 2008, 11:54 AM
C'mon LSU!! Win by 28!!

APPALACHIANstate
August 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Freaking, Huge Picture, sorry.

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
C'mon LSU!! Win by 28!!

Insightful.

LacesOut
August 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Insightful.

I know, right? LOL

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Normally I would like to see App get smashed, but the anti FCS bashing by the media and local sports talk radio has been way over the line and unprofessional in many cases and I am a guy who has some real problems with the FCS structure and would like to see GSU move up one day. So with that being said go App and shock the world again. xthumbsupx

I don't share your sentiment for moving up in regards to App. However, thanks for the support and I feel the same way, kick some bulldog ass! xnodx

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I know, right? LOL

xlolx

LacesOut
August 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM
xlolx

I'm just soooooo sick and tired of App State and their success and wins and National Titles and beating Michigan and that damn quarterback and the frickin' team speed they have and their cool stadium and passionate fans and sweet uniforms and nice coach!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

LOLzzzeleventybillion!!1111

APPALACHIANstate
August 29th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I'm just soooooo sick and tired of App State and their success and wins and National Titles and beating Michigan and that damn quarterback and the frickin' team speed they have and their cool stadium and passionate fans and sweet uniforms and nice coach!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Maybe you can enroll at Appalachian State University...

It is HOT HOT HOT

www.appstate.edu

ASUMountaineer
August 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Haha, by the way, nice avatar.

appfan2008
August 29th, 2008, 12:14 PM

thank you for all those compliments mixed in that post!!!

LacesOut
August 29th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Maybe you can enroll at Appalachian State University...

It is HOT HOT HOT

www.appstate.edu

A little late. I'm 36 years of age.

Although I do look 26 and act 21. Nyuk nyuk!

LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU!

APPALACHIANstate
August 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM
A little late. I'm 36 years of age.

Although I do look 26 and act 21. Nyuk nyuk!

LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU! LSU!

There is always room for Non-Traditional students within the confines of ASU...

We let skjellyfetti in..

ericsaid
August 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Now there is no playing in the heat of the day or in front of an intimidating crowd. My score changed, ASU 34- LSU-7

AppGrad06
August 29th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Now there is no playing in the heat of the day or in front of an intimidating crowd. My score changed, ASU 34- LSU-7

Only problem is that now, should App come away with a big W, LSU will now have an excuse (other than the QB thing).

ericsaid
August 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Only problem is that now, should App come away with a big W, LSU will now have an excuse (other than the QB thing).

Let them have excuses, the game is still being played and the players will be playing against eachother. A W is a W and I like App's odd's of making it competative now. I was being sarcastic with that score. I can see a
28-20 score or something. Frickin crap about having to go watch Virginia Tech and ECU though elfhdsgfbdsfbdsopto'gjfdgd.xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

JohnStOnge
August 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM

I really don't think you have to worry about that. Nothing is impossible. But I think App beating LSU tomorrow is extremely unlikely. I think they just have a completely superior team...even if they do have questions at QB.

BEAR
August 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
LSU 42
APPY 14

.......only because...nevermind.

mountain man
August 30th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Heading to the tailgate in a few minutes xhurrayx xbeerchugx xhurrayx

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Heading to the tailgate in a few minutes xhurrayx xbeerchugx xhurrayxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

rjg129
August 30th, 2008, 05:06 AM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETxlolx xrotatehx

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 05:14 AM
app fan checking in from Vienna, Austria. My hostel gets ESPN classic (weird I know), and needless to say,I wont be sightseeing from 5pm on today! GO APP GO McNeese GO JMU and GO UDel

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I just woke up guys....

I had a dream that Armanti got hurt during pre-game warm ups.

It was an awful nightmare, he came out limping and the Tiger fans were cheering.

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 07:25 AM
I had a dream that App won (it's like my 8th in 2 weeks), but both team's scores were over 100, so I'm taking it as an omen.

Also I had a second dream that my dad died ...so yeah that can't be good.

Jerbearasu
August 30th, 2008, 07:31 AM

I'm here at tiger stadium! The weather is perfect the beer is cold, I love football!

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 07:36 AM
I'm here at tiger stadium! The weather is perfect the beer is cold, I love football!

If you are using a smart phone... please keep us posted with how loud the crowd is, pics from you seat, etc.

Jerbearasu
August 30th, 2008, 07:58 AM
If you are using a smart phone... please keep us posted with how loud the crowd is, pics from you seat, etc.

will do. Everyone is pissed about the early start. That and they're hungover. But the women are looking good!

IndianaAppMan
August 30th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I'm so excited I can hardly concentrate on my homework, as is obvious with this post. (Dang, gradschool is soooooooo much more intense than undergrad!)

I have to go to a restaurant to watch the game. I hope we can pull it off. In any case, I'm just pretty freaking happy that college football season is finally back!

GO APPS! FIGHT APPS! GO! FIGHT! KICK @$$! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 09:09 AM
yea I ought to be working on the huge presentation I have to give on Wednesday as it does determine whether I'm a PhD candidate or just a masters candidate...but oh well football is more important!

Grizzaholic
August 30th, 2008, 09:31 AM
So, about half an hour now. Hope everyone has a drink in their hands and is ready for some football.

Jerbearasu
August 30th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm on the very top row in the corner of the upper deck. The sun is beating down pretty hard. 30 min til kickoff!

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Interesting that today's Baton Rouge Advocate has a position by position "Who had the Edge" breakdown and has App State as having the edge at linebacker. It suprises me that the paper would say that because LSU's Darry Beckwith is a definite potential early round NFL draft choice. They give LSU the edge at every other position except quartbacks and call "coaching" a draw.

By the weights listed in the paper for the starting lineups, LSU's offensive front outweigh's App's defensive front by 57.9 pounds per man. The size advantage isn't as stark for LSU's defensive front as it only outweighs App's offensive line by 10.5 pounds per man.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 09:58 AM

UNHWildCats
August 30th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Is this the game thread? If so LETS ROCK AND ROLL!

Grizzaholic
August 30th, 2008, 10:03 AM
CSN sucks again. What is the messageboard for App fans??? help me out. Oh and will the game be available on the net? The TV people cannot get me the right package until tuesday so I cannot watch the game at home.

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 10:08 AM
didn't expect them to air it out on the first play

Civil06
August 30th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm pumped. I've never seen Edwards play live. Nice start.

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yeah ... the offense looks good.

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Offensive Line of LSU may be too good ...

Bison06
August 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
How are you guys watching the game.

Grizzaholic
August 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Ok peope, I know somebody knows this damn answer. What is the APP St message board?

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Dats a big boy runnin' the ball for LSU.

Civil06
August 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM
ESPN Classic

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Offensive Line of LSU may be too good ...

Yeah. That first drive was pretty consistent with what I suspected App's biggest problem would be. LSU came in believed to have its best offensive line ever and they're loaded at running back. As I posted earlier, they outweigh App's defensive line by almost 60 pounds per man and they're not just big guys. They're big guys that can play.

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
The game is on ESPN Classic ... guide lists it as Competition Fishing

UNHWildCats
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php?blog=5&disp=fanzone

UNHWildCats
App Country (http://www.appcountry.com/)
Mountaineer Msgboard (http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/start)

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
td LSU boo

Grizzaholic
August 30th, 2008, 10:18 AM
App Country (http://www.appcountry.com/)
Mountaineer Msgboard (http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/start)

Thanks to UNH, no thanks to CSN.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM
If we dont learn to stop the run, its going to be a long day, LSU already has about 60 yards rushing.

Grizzaholic
August 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
The APP message board is dead.

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Defense is looking better ... but still a little sloppy ... the penalty on 3rd down was not good

PantherRob82
August 30th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Not good so far. Stupid personal foul and D can't make a stop.

Offense looks good, but they need to call more plays to neutralize the d line.

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 10:30 AM
LSU's back #32 is down holding his leg ... may just be a cramp ... but having him sit a few downs is good news for App ...

Appstate29
Im stuck to live stats, cant get audio out here and they dont have espnclassic in vienna

chantster
It's on.finally.

www.channelsurfing.net

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I think this is going to get really ugly unless App State gets some points pretty quickly. One thing we can see right off the bat is that LSU can throw the ball. QB is getting excellent protection and he's accurate. Right now it's not looking like having a first time starter at QB is an issue at all.

ChickenMan
August 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
If LSU's offensive line continues to dominate the ASU front.. this will be ugly.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:35 AM
agreed. Its already looking pretty ugly

ERASU2113
August 30th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Mediocre D-Line against one of the top lines in the country....field day for LSU.

PantherRob82
I can't imagine they still have a shot. If we get down 14-0 to BYU I think we're done too. I hope I'm wrong.

matboz
I think ESPN360.com is also carrying it ... not sure if that's something you can just sign up for ... Verizon subscribers get it free

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Gary Tharrington=Huge

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Need something to happen to spark some more confidence....

ERASU2113
August 30th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I think ESPN360.com is also carrying it ... not sure if that's something you can just sign up for ... Verizon subscribers get it free

How? I've had verizon for so long and didn't know that. As for ESPN360 - Charter would be a company that doesn't carry it. Hah

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:42 AM
we cannot stop a 3rd down to save ourselves

WrenFGun
August 30th, 2008, 10:43 AM
LSU is dominating right now. Ugh.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
worse than domination. They will need to pull their starters before the half.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I wanted LSU to win, but I really didn't want to see THIS much of a mismatch.

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 10:45 AM
we cannot stop a 3rd down to save ourselves

ASU stopped them one time on third down before they scored the second TD, but the an ASU guy got a personal foul.

You can't give them five downs.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Why LSU didn't just power it just now is beyond me but I'm glad they didn't because I don't want it 21-0 at this point. Maybe App can block a field goal?

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:46 AM
NEED to hold for FG

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:47 AM
a little les miles trickeration coming up?

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 10:48 AM
17-0

93henfan
August 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Wow, this one got ugly early.

I'd get Armanti out of there unless they score points on the next drive to get back within two scores. No need to lose the season as well as the game. He's getting brutalized.

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 10:49 AM
App State NEEDS to score something, even a field goal, on this coming drive or this is over.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:50 AM
yeah, showed a little backbone on that drive

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:52 AM
come on move the ball!

Civil06
August 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
good defensive series. stuffed the run and gave 'em nowhere to throw.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
stopped a third down, well see what LSU does from here

93henfan
August 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Gotta give the App D props for manning up. Can the O do anything?

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
ughh, i felt so good when i got up this morning.

CharlestonAppFan
August 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
offense doesn't seem to be able to get anything going.....LSU's defense is very fast.....nice catch!!

matboz
Nice catch by Quick for the first down

Appstate29
got a 1st down! its a start

CharlestonAppFan
August 30th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I'm not sure that I would like to see Armanti running like that xsmhx I think we are missing the speed of Dexter; I know we have it but not like we had with him for game changing plays. Let's hope and pray we get something going this drive xnodx

PantherRob82
This game is starting to make me nervous about BYU. :(

93henfan
got a 1st down! its a start

Now get five more and a TD and this might be called a game.

C'mon App. Make this interesting. I really don't want to have to flip over to the VaTech@ECU game.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM
have to get something out of this drive!

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
man radford is fast

CharlestonAppFan
LSU's defensive line is faster than most LB's and DB's I've seen in FCS...wow

matboz
Edwards can't keep taking hits like that ... losing his helmet twice this drive?

Civil06
August 30th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Edwards = fearless.

Appstate29
August 30th, 2008, 11:05 AM
got another 1st!

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Now they're moving the ball!!

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM
they need to adjust AE's helmet ASAP

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:07 AM
I'm starting to think that Quick drop at Michigan was not a fluke. I don't think he has the best of hands.

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Now they're moving the ball!!

Oops, I spoke too soon

JohnStOnge
App actually has settled down and played fairly well after the first two LSU drives. But they need to hang in.

dakotadan
Dang Midcontinent Communications had to go and move ESPN Classic to the expanded packages. Now I can't watch the game.

AppGrad06
well that batted down pass is unfortunate b/c we are starting to look a little better

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Defense needs to stop the run ... make this qb throw

93henfan
August 30th, 2008, 11:11 AM
So Armanti's helmet issue: Do you think it's because of the dreads (or whatever they're called)? Honestly, I'd get him out of this game unless App can narrow it back to two scores at some point. Four scores down and I'd yank him without question.

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 11:14 AM
that one should have been called back for holding

JohnStOnge
Just too much offensive line. Makes it a lot easier on a young QB when he gets that kind of protection.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
I think it's safe to say LSU is NOT Michigan. I'm a little surprised how bad Apps getting spanked.

Blue Hen Nation
August 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Let's keep things in perspective people, they're playing LSU.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I think it's safe to say LSU is NOT Michigan. I'm a little surprised how bad Apps getting spanked.

Well...it's not the same App State team either. They lost some very key players.

Also, I think there really is something to the difference between Michigan taking a win over a FCS opponent for granted and LSU knowing that the FCS opponent they're playing beat Michigan last year.

catbob
August 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Yea, you could kind of see this coming. LSU was not going to overlook ASU like Michigan did. On the other side, the ASU players know what it takes to beat a big-time opponent.

That being said, it is becoming clear that LSU has much better athletes than ASU. ASU is getting blown up.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 30th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Well...it's not the same App State team either. They lost some very key players.

Also, I think there really is something to the difference between Michigan taking a win over a FCS opponent for granted and LSU knowing that the FCS opponent they're playing beat Michigan last year.

I don't buy the LSU was more prepared deal. It's the first game of the year and which means it's one of the games you get jacked up for no matter what. I just think it goes to show how much better the SEC is than the Big 10 and how much of difference there is between the top 1-A and 1-AA teams.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Hate to see that sort of thing. The play was there to pick it up on 4th down. Like I said, I want to see LSU win but I don't want it to be a huge blowout. App's making too many unforced errors. I know not doing that is a lot to ask but they have to do it to keep this from being a total embarassment score wise.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I don't buy the LSU was more prepared deal. It's the first game of the year and which means it's one of the games you get jacked up for no matter what. I just think it goes to show how much better the SEC is than the Big 10 and how much of difference there is between the top 1-A and 1-AA teams.

Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge is a tough place for anyone to win. App needs to be glad the game time moved up to 11am.

App lost a lot. They are not a given to win the SoCon by any stretch of the imagination.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM

Michigan did beat Florida at the end of last season in spite of turning the ball over 4 times to Florida's none.

catbob
:P

aswedc
Then explain how that Michigan team beat Florida at the end of the season?

It's a little bit of both. It is very clear the Michigan team which App State squeaked by and Oregon blew out was playing at a much lower level than they did by the end of that season.

Blue Hen Nation
Out of curiosity, how much is Appy making on this game?

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Well, that pretty much ends all hope of keeping it remotely respectable.

Blue Hen Nation
August 30th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Damn, sorry guys. xsmhx

patssle
August 30th, 2008, 11:29 AM
This should bring people back to reality.

There is a difference between FCS and FBS. App beating Michgan is rare for a reason. FBS teams win most of the time.

catbob
August 30th, 2008, 11:30 AM
How big is the loss of Jackson and Batichon (spelling?) going to be for ASU? Moore has looked pretty good I think he will do just fine in FCS play.

KiddBrewer
August 30th, 2008, 11:34 AM
ha im sick as hell. drunk as hell. but sick.

KiddBrewer
let it be known, i didnt expect a win, a respectable outcome, i expected.

93henfan
Well, now that this has turned into an official ass-stomping, I'd like to be the first to welcome App State fans to 2008.

Don't feel bad though, it looks like every FCS team is getting rolled so far. Youngstown down big to Ohio State, Penn State romping CCU, etc...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Enough to put a big dent in those stadium renovations i'm sure.

Grizaholic17
August 30th, 2008, 11:35 AM
YIKES. Sorry APPY! LSU is a great team.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 11:36 AM
This should bring people back to reality.

There is a difference between FCS and FBS. App beating Michgan is rare for a reason. FBS teams win most of the time.

That's my feeling. All these teams want to move up to put a feather in their hat. FCS football just can't compete with the big boys. And I'm about as big an FCS homer as it gets.

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Maybe this game should have been canceled.

aswedc
August 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM
That's my feeling. All these teams want to move up to put a feather in their hat. FCS football just can't compete with the big boys. And I'm about as big an FCS homer as it gets.
Nah, App State is good, they could beat a top 25 FBS team again this year. It's just LSU that is a mismatch. They look no worse out there than undefeated Hawaii did going up against Georgia, for example.

Blue Hen Nation
August 30th, 2008, 11:38 AM
let it be known, i didnt expect a win, a respectable outcome, i expected.

My sentiments exactly for Delaware v. Maryland.

SoCon48
August 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Maybe this game should have been canceled.

naah. App should have played somebody like Brown so they could have kicked their azz.

ncguitarplyr
August 30th, 2008, 11:41 AM
the difference is Armanti can't run the ball against this LSU defensive line, I think we'll come out of this game better for it though

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I think App would have to have played nearly perfectly to keep it respectable. No dropped passes. No penalties. No dropping pitches on option plays, etc. Unfortunately, the Mountaineers haven't done that. They've actually looked a little rattled, I think.

AppGrad06
I thought we'd put up more of a fight but apparently it wasn't just lip service when Miles said they preparing for us

SoCon48
Well, now that this has turned into an official ass-stomping, I'd like to be the first to welcome App State fans to 2008.

Don't feel bad though, it looks like every FCS team is getting rolled so far. Youngstown down big to Ohio State, Penn State romping CCU, etc...

Yeah, it's starting to look like last year's FCS National Championship game.

SoCon48
August 30th, 2008, 11:44 AM
I think App would have to have played nearly perfectly to keep it respectable. No dropped passes. No penalties. No dropping pitches on option plays, etc. Unfortunately, the Mountaineers haven't done that. They've actually looked a little rattled, I think.

It's not rattled. It's hurried coupled with some in-experience. Hard to be textbook perfect with half the LSU team in your face all game.
Don't worry, LSU will stomp an SEC team just as badly.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Where is udchuck now, shouldn't he be serving us some crow! haha

Grizaholic17
August 30th, 2008, 11:47 AM
It's not rattled. It's hurried coupled with some in-experience. Hard to be textbook perfect with half the LSU team in your face all game.

I wouldn't say that. The SEC has amazing depth in its teams. we'll have to see. If they do manage to beat one of these teams as bad, i'll be impressed. Tough tough schedule.

Troy
NTex
@AUB
MSU
@UF
@SC
UGA
Tulane
ALA
OM
@ARK*

brownbear
August 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
naah. App should have played somebody like Brown so they could have kicked their azz.

I'd love to see Brown play App, even though they would kill us. Actually, losing to LSU gives App a much needed reality check. For them, it comes in a game that doesn't really count towards anything.

This may benefit App State.

Grizaholic17
August 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'd love to see Brown play App, even though they would kill us. Actually, losing to LSU gives App a much needed reality check. For them, it comes in a game that doesn't really count towards anything.

Agreed. In terms of purely FCS football, App will take this game as a building block. I hope you get out of there without injjury.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM

They did beat Virginia Tech 48-7 in their 2007 home opener. Course I don't know how this team compares to last year's LSU team. I suspect it's stronger on the line of scrimmage.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 11:57 AM
By the way, this is by far the most dominant performance LSU has had against high ranked I-AA/FCS teams. During their 2003 BCS title season they beat Western Illinois 35-7. The score was 13-0 at halftime and at one point in the third quarter it was 13-7.

Then there was App State in 2005. In that case the score was 14-0 at the end of the third.

How good App actually is this year remains to be seen. But, while I can't prove it, I think you guys are underestimating the extent to which all the talk, hype, etc. along with the App win over Michigan focused this LSU team. I think they're WAY more intense than a highly ranked BCS league team would ordinarily be going into a game with a FCS.

CopperCat
August 30th, 2008, 11:57 AM

True dat. The team needs to feel defeat once in awhile to know how to come back from it.

It's also a nice reality check for all the homers out there as well.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 12:00 PM
You know, I know LSU is intimidating but that's two drives in a row in which App State stopped itself by dropping the football...once on a pitch and once on a catchable pass.

ERASU2113
August 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Well so far this half the defense seems to have some confidence. It's just the speed LSU's defense is nasty.

ERASU2113
August 30th, 2008, 12:10 PM
What is with all these drops?

Aho_Old_Guy
August 30th, 2008, 12:12 PM

I believe $750k from LSU - not sure if ESPN kicks in any cash. I think LSU upped the cash $200k for moving the game up one year ...

I just came in and saw the score. I hope it's not as bad as it looks xeekx

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
What is with all these drops?

Others disagree but I think they're rattled. No way they could win unless LSU had a bunch of turnovers and such but it could be more respectable without all the unforced errors. If nothing else there's been a number of times when App State could've kept its offense on the field but didn't make the play for a first down when the play was there.

That was a nice play though.

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Nice Play! TD App!

IABison
August 30th, 2008, 12:14 PM
There you go, App!xthumbsupx

ERASU2113
TD ASU...44yd TD pass Edwards to Welton!!!

31-7

ncguitarplyr
finally some good news!

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 12:15 PM
yes!!! it's not a shut out!

That was pretty badly blown coverage on LSU's part though

ncguitarplyr
August 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
well atleast we caught it

Blue Hen Nation
August 30th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Close to half time...

Ohio State 26
YSU 0

Thundar
August 30th, 2008, 12:23 PM
UNI at BYU the only shot left for a FBS win this week?

alexale23
August 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
JMU got a shot against DUKE

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Yet another instance in which an App receiver had a chance to catch the ball, get a first down, and keep LSU's offense off the field for a while longer....and didn't make the play.

Blue Hen Nation
August 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Never say never....Go Hens!

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Interception for App ... ball inside the 15

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM
App ought to switch #40 to receiver.

ncguitarplyr
August 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
App State wins the 3rd quarter 7-3! lol

IndianaAppMan
August 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
this game is disappointing... i've really enjoyed the validation of FCS football that the Michigan game provided. i hope this doesn't bring back the same-ol-same-ol grouping of FCS football into D-II and D-III.

oh well. i'm gonna look at like this: Armanti Edwards said after the national championship game last year that the Michigan game was great, but "Michigan didn't put a ring on our fingers." This LSU game can't take that ring away, either. For that matter, this game can't keep ASU from having a great season.

JMU, I'm pulling for ya. Represent our brand of football well (just not against ASU xsmiley_wix )

Bison06
August 30th, 2008, 12:35 PM
This question is not based on today's performance by App., but are they expected to have a down year? From what I remember they did lose quite a bit.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 30th, 2008, 12:37 PM

Heck no. No offense to UNI, but I think EWU has a slightly better shot than the panthers for an upset. BYU's D is a lot better than Tech's. But then again, we could get blown out. Hopefully not, but we'll see.

alexale23
August 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
JMU has the best chance for god sakes they are playin DUKE

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I have no idea, Duke won't be a pushover for sure...

matboz
August 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Is that game televised? ...haven't seen it listed here

alexale23
August 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
no, delaware maryland is though on espn

udchuck
August 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Where is udchuck now, shouldn't he be serving us some crow! haha

I am not one to kick a man when he's down. I was sort of hoping for a better game.

alexale23
August 30th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I have no idea, Duke won't be a pushover for sure...

Duke is favored by 2 points i heard yesterday. I didnt say it was going to be easy. Jmu prolly will lose but they have the lowest spread and best chance.

alexale23
August 30th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Dan Dan If u want some crow. I invite you to check out the smack forum and my song
Dont worry UD will take their medicine later too

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Georgia Southern hanging tough against UGA.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Ga. So. certainly has been playing well, a couple of mistakes especially the INT in the end zone hurt bad.

FCS Go!
August 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Georgia Southern hanging tough against UGA.

Yeah, I've been impressed with the Eags. They look better than expected on both sides of the ball.

Syntax Error
August 30th, 2008, 01:09 PM
29 Georgia Southern players appeared in the first half of the UGA game for the first time as an Eagle!

alexale23
August 30th, 2008, 01:11 PM
thats has something to do wtih 8 GS players getting suspended for game

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Well, I am proud of my App Mountaineers! Let's get after it and make another championship run boys!

catamount man
August 30th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I was the closest as far as final score predictions go. I predicted 41-6. Final was 41-13. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appstate38
13 points and no serious injuries.... Let's get ready for the rest of the season.

alexale23
Did any1 get hurt for APP

SoCon48
28 points to LSU in the Bayou is certainly not anything to be ashamed of.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I was the closest as far as final score predictions go. I predicted 41-6. Final was 41-13. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

A Catamount finally won something...

You guys have a better record than us now...

xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

;)

Good Luck to the Catamounts too, except when it comes to the Jug.

FUwolfpacker
Did something happen to Pressley or was he just pulled out? I'm keeping up with it on a gametracker and it didn't say. Just showed Stewart in there on the next couple of plays.

SoCon48

Didn't see anyone.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Back Up QB Presley was in for a couple of plays with 3 mins left. He ran for about 15 and threw for 32 yards and then got hurt.

catamount man
August 30th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Did something happen to Pressley or was he just pulled out? I'm keeping up with it on a gametracker and it didn't say. Just showed Stewart in there on the next couple of plays.

Hurt his shoulder.

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I think App showed some character and it didn't get as ugly as I thought it was while watching the first half. I don't think they're going to be getting a 4th national title, though, if their receivers...particularly that Hillary or whateve rhis name is...don't start catching the ball better. Hopefully, for their sake, it was just because they were rattled by how athletic and physical LSU is.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I think App showed some character and it didn't get as ugly as I thought it was while watching the first half. I don't think they're going to be getting a 4th national title, though, if their receivers...particularly that Hillary or whateve rhis name is...don't start catching the ball better. Hopefully, for their sake, it was just because they were rattled by how athletic and physical LSU is.

I certainly think the physicality that LSU played with seemingly rattled the WR's. A huge difference was just the size of the lines. Armanti's throws were good, however a couple were a little off target. Overall they played up to the level I though they would.

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I think this is gonna be good for us for the season, aside from preasley getting hurt and all the dropped pass.

Our D improved in the second half, Armanti is healthy, Vitaris seems strong and Moore, Radford and Welton look good.

The opening loss should help humble and focus some of the younger guys and there won't be the upset distraction.

elcid96
August 30th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I don't see App winning the SOCON this season. They have a really hard time catching the ball

SoCon48
August 30th, 2008, 01:27 PM

I wouldn't judge App's performance in FCS this year too much by a 28 point loss to the SEC's LSU. This wasn't Samford.

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I don't see App winning the SOCON this season. They have a really hard time catching the ball

I have a feeling practice is gonna be hell for our WRs next week. I think we will have a good shot in to SOCON, but we'll see

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:29 PM

I think that there would have to be another reason for them not to be the SoCon favorites. While not being able to catch the ball today really hurt them, their other phases looked solid. (Of course it is difficult to judge because of the talent level of their opponents.) Armanti should be able to have a more productive run game which should take some pressure off of the WR's and the pass game.

KiddBrewer
August 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
best thing that could of happened to us (as far the SoCon and National championships are concerned) Practice going to be hell next week. The thing about this is..............as appalachian fans, none of us feel good at all about the game.....but the players feel worse than we do, and that is always a good thing.

hapapp
August 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM

I was a little disappointed in our receivers. A lot of dropped balls. AE seemed to only look for CoCo. I thought we were supposed to have a stable quality receivers. We are still going to be a good football team but we have a lot of work to do. I think I was most disappointed in how poor fundamentally we played.

thmst30
August 30th, 2008, 01:37 PM
First look at our 2008 team was not very good. I know we have a solid team, but I keep telling people that we lost a LOT to graduation last year, and the replacements aren't going to step in and immediately be as good or better. Our receiving corp looked awful today without Jackson and Hans, the running game was non-existent, and our new secondary was eaten alive by 2 QBs who have never started a college football game. Its not as bad as I'm making it sound, but our losses are going to affect us all year to a much higher degree than people will admit too.

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM
hey no matter what we played better than Hawaii is.

FCS Go!
August 30th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I think App played about as well as any reasonable person could expect. Its the first game of the season so you have to expect mistakes like blown coverages and dropped passes. Playing an away game, against a team that has significant advantages in speed, strength and talent is a tough way to start the season. Three scores, AE looking pretty good running from the Tiger DEs and a decent defensive performance in the second half is something App can take heart from. They're still the team to beat in FCS and won't be dropping in my ballot unless JMU wins big today.

SoCon48
August 30th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I think App played about as well as any reasonable person could expect. Its the first game of the season so you have to expect mistakes like blown coverages and dropped passes. Playing an away game, against a team that has significant advantages in speed, strength and talent is a tough way to start the season. Three scores, AE looking pretty good running from the Tiger DEs and a decent defensive performance in the second half is something App can take heart from. They're still the team to beat in FCS and won't be dropping in my ballot unless JMU wins big today.

Finally, someone with a brain posts.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Finally, someone with a brain posts.

People are allowed to have differing opinions, just because they state something you don't like does not mean they do not have brains. If they are posting just short flaming comments, that is another thing. If someone is giving examples and facts and their own opinions based on what they observed you can't call them out. Just because we are on a computer doesn't mean you can't have the same respect you would have in a face to face conversation.

KiddBrewer
August 30th, 2008, 01:48 PM

a realist like myself, very nice post.

08Dawg
August 30th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I also think this game serves to highlight the mismatch between the SEC and Big Ten. App beat the Big Ten team, but gets rolled by the SEC team. Sorry they couldn't put up more of a fight, but it's the first game against a team that is clearly superior. App's got not problems. I'm sure the rest of your season will more successful...at least until we play you.

AppStFan76
August 30th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Looked like every one of the players were scared to death of getting hit! CoCo and Quick(for all of his talk about running over people) were aprehensive about taking the ball north to south. When they saw a white jerzey they froze! AE played like he was told before the game " DONT GET HURT....NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO...DONT GET HURT!!!!

I dont think it was being affraid of getting hit...it was getting hit by the LSU players... We did look like ants next to them!

AppGrad06
August 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Looked like every one of the players were scared to death of getting hit! CoCo and Quick(for all of his talk about running over people) were aprehensive about taking the ball north to south. When they saw a white jerzey they froze! AE played like he was told before the game " DONT GET HURT....NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO...DONT GET HURT!!!!

I dont think it was being affraid of getting hit...it was getting hit by the LSU players... We did look like ants next to them!

You may be right here, he was not near as aggressive we he did get open field and actually slid and ran out a few time when he normally wouldn't.

SoCon48
August 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
People are allowed to have differing opinions, just because they state something you don't like does not mean they do not have brains. If they are posting just short flaming comments, that is another thing. If someone is giving examples and facts and their own opinions based on what they observed you can't call them out. Just because we are on a computer doesn't mean you can't have the same respect you would have in a face to face conversation.

No kidding?
I was referring to the ones who felt like App's losing by 28 was a national disgrace. When people slam App, I feel it's perfectly alright to return in kind. If you don't agree, then that's your privilege.

APPALACHIANstate
August 30th, 2008, 02:13 PM
No kidding?
I was referring to the ones who felt like App's losing by 28 was a national disgrace. When people slam App, I feel it's perfectly alright to return in kind. If you don't agree, then that's your privilege.

Let people slam app, who cares man. It is ALWAYS going to happen. We lost to LSU after some of us predicting wins...If someone is purposely flaming just to get a rise out of ASU posters you should be able to realize that, and the best defense is just to ignore them.

It is like all Syntax Error's posts. Nobody even takes them seriously because he has almost no credibility due to his defensive nature about everything. Don't be that guy.

;)

APPdopted
August 30th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't doubt the WR's just yet. Timing looked off a lot from the Offense, and AE was throwing some in haste off his back foot in hopes they'd make a play. Plus, it's LSU's secondary we're talking about here, speed and talent galore. Our WR's will be be better when the Offense is back in sync and clicking as a unit.

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Yeesh....that hit on Edwards must've been scary.

I didn't watch the game, so I'll have to reserve my judgement, but it's not exactly like I'm shocked at the score.

They did about as well as any FCS team could've hoped, so no real shame.

However, SoCon48, since when is App immune to a little post-game smack? You had people like ericsaid predicting a win, and half your fanbase jumping all over people who said you would get blown out.

You're getting a little worked up and putting words in people's mouths just for yanking your team's chain a little. Lighten up. You still have the respect of the FCS no matter what, and you're still the team to beat. xpeacex

CamelCityAppFan
August 30th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I was hopeful for a 35-17 loss; fell a bit short of that.

The good: Armanti played well and was well-composed throughout; defensive adjustments at halftime.

The bad: First half defensive performance.

The ugly: App receivers-- Armanti can't put the ball any more on target. There were at least 8 drops that should have been completions.

Did I want a a repeat of last year's opening? Sure. But I'd rather see a repeat of 2006-- lost the opener to a BCS team, then ran the table.

SoCon48
August 30th, 2008, 02:57 PM

I didn't watch the game, so I'll have to reserve my judgement, but it's not exactly like I'm shocked at the score.

However, SoCon48, since when is App immune to a little post-game smack? You had people like ericsaid predicting a win, and half your fanbase jumping all over people who said you would get blown out.

You're getting a little worked up and putting words in people's mouths just for yanking your team's chain a little. Lighten up. You still have the respect of the FCS no matter what, and you're still the team to beat. xpeacex

Okeydokey. Just remember that when i smack the griz around a bit...or when Woffies do.

CharlestonAppFan
August 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Wow...so the team that hasn't won the SoCon is talking smack against the team that has won the NC the past 3 years and had the balls to play LSU. Very easy to judge now, but lest forget the performance the past few years against your less than stellar squad xnonono2x . Post your smack...I'll be waiting for your response after our game Bellhop

KiddBrewer
August 30th, 2008, 03:59 PM
i just came to a realization.......name a team outside the AP top 25 that wouldnt likely get beat by LSU 41-13.......

BeauFoster
August 30th, 2008, 04:05 PM

Are you really going to hold ericsaid against us??? :p

As for the game, the difference was in the trenches. LSU's lines were head and shoulders above anything ASU will face the rest of the season. In fact, if that isn't the best line in the country, then I wouldn't want to see what is! I'm not going to get worked up over getting beaten by a team that should have won. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't hope to win though. xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
August 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM

As for the game, the difference was in the trenches. LSU's lines were head and shoulders above anything ASU will face the rest of the season. In fact, if that isn't the best line in the country, then I wouldn't want to see what is! I'm not going to get worked up over getting beaten by a team that should have won. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't hope to win though. xthumbsupx

Repeating myself but that's OK: LSU people think this year's is the best offensive line the program has ever had and also think this year's defensive front is better than last year's.

AppChicago
August 30th, 2008, 04:46 PM
i just came to a realization.......name a team outside the AP top 25 that wouldnt likely get beat by LSU 41-13.......

This is true. I was just checking out some of the other scores out there. I mean, at least we didn't get beaten as badly as Hawaii did. Granted, it's Hawaii... but come on.

This game was just a game. I'm glad no one got hurt. I don't know if I called it on this board, but my prediction was 42-13, LSU. I was hoping I wasn't giving us enough credit, but I was damned close, as it turns out.

We'll live to fight another day, and I see many w's in our future.

BeauFoster
August 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Repeating myself but that's OK: LSU people think this year's is the best offensive line the program has ever had and also think this year's defensive front is better than last year's.

I can see why they feel that way, that line was absolutely sick! It was the difference in the game. I felt that App could hang with them score for score, if they could give AE the time. I have no problem saying that LSU was clearly the better team. That ticks me off a little, but I still have to admit it.

BEAR
August 30th, 2008, 10:22 PM
LSU 42
APPY 14

.......only because...nevermind.

You can leave the tip with the door guy. :D

appst97
August 30th, 2008, 10:25 PM
You can leave the tip with the door guy. :D

way to go, who do you predict to win the FCS championship?

KiddBrewer
August 30th, 2008, 10:47 PM
way to go, who do you predict to win the FCS championship?

i predicted LSU 98-0, guess i was a little off.

millwoga1
August 30th, 2008, 10:57 PM
quote "name a team outside the top 25 that won't lose 41-13
Ok easy south carolina we will see in a few weeks funny according to some dumb carolina's pole that app was ranked ahead of the cocks
Usc will play lsu within 10 much less 30

Geaux Tigers
August 30th, 2008, 11:49 PM

Exactly right, both the O-line and D-line have numerous players who will play on Sunday and they are the strength of our team this year.

I was at the game, it seemed like everyone there was sleepwalking to the stadium. Between the heat, early start, low attendance, and pending hurricane, it was not a very good atmosphere for a game in Tiger Stadium today. I thought App showed a lot of heart and played much better in the second half.

I left the game and headed for Houston and the traffic was already getting pretty bad. I hope all the App fans got on the road today, otherwise it will make for a long trip back in the traffic tomorrow.

Mountaineer
August 30th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I thought App showed a lot of heart and played much better in the second half.

Appreciate it Geaux. xthumbsupx I think that's what a lot of us Apps will be thinking about as we lick the wounds and plan for next weekend. The first half was a disaster and we quickly let any shot at developing momentum slip away. I was pleased with the heart our guys showed in the second half.

Man, spotting a team like LSU 31 points, nothing doing against the best O and D lines we'll see all year, 92+ degree heat in black jerseys and we never gave up. I'm definitely okay with that. xnodx

Good luck the rest of the season and stay safe down there on the Gulf Coast. xprayx

xbeerchugx

McNeese75
August 31st, 2008, 12:44 AM

xnodx Considering the outlandish predictions he has been bouncing all over the place for months and the fact that he has not showed up here since the game.

The game ended up about like I thought it would but I did think ASU looked good in spots and never gave up.

KiddBrewer
August 31st, 2008, 04:18 AM
quote "name a team outside the top 25 that won't lose 41-13
Ok easy south carolina we will see in a few weeks funny according to some dumb carolina's pole that app was ranked ahead of the cocks
Usc will play lsu within 10 much less 30

10 dollars says its not within 10 points, ill send it by mail.