PDA

View Full Version : Colgate's Pinkham leaves for Rutgers

Raider Dane
February 9th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Colgate's defensive coordinator of the past 12 years, Ed Pinkham, has accepted a position as a defensive assistant on Schiano's staff at Rutgers. He will be missed at Colgate and his experience and leadership will not be easily replaced. He was also a very effective recruiter.

TheValleyRaider
February 9th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Tough loss for the coaching staff

Good luck too him though, I'm sure he'll do well with the Knights

Any idea on who will replace him?

UNHFootballAlum
February 10th, 2008, 01:59 AM
Pinkham was my DB coach at UNH in the 80's. He was tough as nails, but a great coach and guy. I wish him nothing but success. he'll do a great job at Rutgers. Colgate, you'll have a tough time replacing him.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 10th, 2008, 09:54 AM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=colgate-s-longtime-dc-goes-to-fbs-rutger&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

As a result of Darren Rizzi’s move to Rhode Island, Rutgers’ Greg Schiano taps Colgate to fill his vacancy.
Rutgers added two assistant coaches yesterday, filling out Greg Schiano’s staff after the Scarlet Knights lost two assistants at the end of the 2007 season.

Ed Pinkham will be a defensive assistant and Chris Rippon will serve ss special teams coordinator, filling two spots that were vacated when former associate head coach and special teams coordinator Darren Rizzi left to become the head coach at Rhode Island and running backs coach Craig Ver Steeg left to become an assistant with the Baltimore Ravens.

ngineer
February 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Lafayette and Colgate are now starting to experience what we have in years past with coordinators/assistants 'moving up the ladder' the comes form success. When we lost Cecchini as our OC, I think we lost our continuity on offense. The guy Lembo brought in from some small school in NE was not the answer, and since, the new guy from Penn hasn't shown answers..Will be interesting to see if an philosphy changes...

Go...gate
February 10th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Not an easy position to replace for Colgate. xsmhx

ngineer
February 10th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Not an easy position to replace for Colgate. xsmhx

No, tough defense has long been a Colgate 'm.o.'...but I know that all HC's keep a list in the top desk drawer of prospective assistants they have met around the country should the need arise. I am sure Biddle has already set up some interviews..Good luck..sort of...;)

Lehigh74
February 10th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Lafayette and Colgate are now starting to experience what we have in years past with coordinators/assistants 'moving up the ladder' the comes form success. When we lost Cecchini as our OC, I think we lost our continuity on offense. The guy Lembo brought in from some small school in NE was not the answer, and since, the new guy from Penn hasn't shown answers..Will be interesting to see if an philosphy changes...

You can pretty much say the same thing about Lehigh's defense since Gilmore left.

Go...gate
February 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Agree with both of you Engineers and appreciate your good wishes, but your program seems to survive coaching staff transition better than ours. Losing OC Foley to UConn a couple years ago, and now DC Pinkham, is really going to hurt us, IMO.

TheValleyRaider
February 10th, 2008, 10:01 PM
No doubt Pinkham was a big part of the D's consistent success, but wasn't Biddle a defensive guy himself? As much as I like what was done with the defense year after year, this is the position I feel most confident that Biddle will find a good replacement xnodx

Not that it's good to lose coaches, of course. Just that I have to think Biddle can find the right guy here.

Go...gate
February 10th, 2008, 10:09 PM
No doubt Pinkham was a big part of the D's consistent success, but wasn't Biddle a defensive guy himself? As much as I like what was done with the defense year after year, this is the position I feel most confident that Biddle will find a good replacement xnodx

Not that it's good to lose coaches, of course. Just that I have to think Biddle can find the right guy here.

It's a good point. Biddle was actually a defensive coach under Fred Dunlap but moved on in the 1980's when Colgate's program had become very strong. Hopefully this will be a soft landing and we will find a good successor.