PDA

View Full Version : Flacco Wins All Star Competition

cougarpines
February 2nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Delaware's Joe Flacco won two of three events at the College All Star competition. Joe won the Long Toss and Scramble and Colt Brennen won the Accuracy Competition (Joe was third). Booty, Henne and Ryan were shut out.

Fear The Beard
February 2nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Flacco is a player. I was impressed with him at the National Championship game. He played well. Just had people in his face all day and his receivers covered like a glove!

GannonFan
February 3rd, 2008, 02:54 PM
Flacco moves better than people give him credit for. He's not going to set landspeed records, but he can avoid pressure in the pocket and he can even shake off some pretty big defenders as well. If he doesn't make it in the pros it won't be because he's not agile enough in the pocket.

GannonFan
February 4th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Here's a link to the YouTube to see the Flacco clips. Throws of 71 and 74 yards on the long distance toss were the two longest of the day. And he did look good on the scramble part as well, winning that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVjmXq9vUk

neersnbeers
February 4th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I found it funny that the anouncers were doging his scramble effort, yet when the other guys' times came in he had em beat by 2 whole seconds. Moves good for 6' 6" (i think), and great arm. Also loved the short interview of him given by Mike Hart! You can only imagine where the conversation ended!

USDFAN_55
February 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Come on now. I was watching these events and it looked like no one was really puting any kind of effort into it. That long ball was impressive thoughxnodx

89Hen
February 4th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I found it funny that the anouncers were doging his scramble effort, yet when the other guys' times came in he had em beat by 2 whole seconds. Moves good for 6' 6" (i think), and great arm
It's true what they said about it doesn't look like he's really trying. Some people move that way and being that large makes it look like that.

already123
February 5th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I woulda threw that ball clear over them mountains....!lol

UMass922
February 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Flacco moves better than people give him credit for. He's not going to set landspeed records, but he can avoid pressure in the pocket and he can even shake off some pretty big defenders as well. If he doesn't make it in the pros it won't be because he's not agile enough in the pocket.

Agreed. The frequent comparisons to Roethlisberger are especially apt when it comes to the things you're talking about here.

foghorn
February 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I woulda threw that ball clear over them mountains....!lol
If only the coach put you in, in '82! xlolx

Big Bubba App fan
February 12th, 2008, 12:05 AM
hey give credit where it is due....this young man is real player...word has it he will either go in the late first round....or second round...i know alot of teams that would love to have him...he has one thing they can;t test for..a head for the game...i know a certain team in south florida would love to have him

mcveyrl
February 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM

It's true what they said about it doesn't look like he's really trying. Some people move that way and being that large makes it look like that.

I never realized what an asset his size was until he played JMU this year. Not only is he VERY strong, but what 89Hen says is true, he's going faster than he looks.

I remember watching Randy Moss play ETSU and you didn't think he was moving that fast until you saw how many yards he was covering with each step.

Touchdown Yosef
February 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
His size and strength remind me of Phillip Rivers

Hoyadestroya85
February 12th, 2008, 02:41 PM
he just better hope villanova's defense doesn't show up in the nfl

cougarpines
February 12th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Exclude "defense" and "NFL" and that would be a real service to mankind.

GannonFan
February 12th, 2008, 09:21 PM

That was like 4 games, 4 national TV appearances ago, and when we all knew that UD was a lock for the playoffs. Hey, dwell on that as much as you want, but there were bigger and better things ahead for the Hens and nova got the pleasure of watching all of it unfold on TV for weeks long after they hung their cleats up. Perspective. xthumbsupx

bleedblue
February 13th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Nova's defense will not show up in the NFL because Nova grads on the defensive side of the ball don't step on the field on sunday's:)

Hoyadestroya85
February 13th, 2008, 11:33 PM
yeah.. Nova graduates just end up working at Goldman Sachs

OhioHen
February 14th, 2008, 06:22 AM
yeah.. Nova graduates just end up working at The Golden Arches

Fixed.

Hoyadestroya85
February 14th, 2008, 01:42 PM
.. yawn

MR. CHICKEN
February 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM
ANDY....JES' CAUGHT DUH HENS........AFTERAH 5 QUARTERS....WHIFF RICHMOND............DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

MR. CHICKEN
February 14th, 2008, 07:26 PM
'NOVA JES' CAUGHT DUH HENS.........AFTERAH 5 Q'S...O' DANCIN' WHIFF DUH SPIDERS..........xnodx.....AWQ!

BUT IN UH PERFECT WHIRL.........ER....UH.....UM.........BRAWK!

Hoyadestroya85
February 15th, 2008, 03:26 AM
what sucks for nova people is that i fully expect you guys to be fantastic next year..
with that stud QB you guys brought in.. although i in no way expect him to be another Joe, who is absolutely impressive to say the least. I definitely will be rooting for him in the pros.

Rekdiver
February 15th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I thought it was interesting that Booty and Henne seemed to snub Joe more than the announcers did until he started performing then the announcers showed what good scrambling is! He will do very well in the pros. He seems like a solid class guy. I'm just glad we don't have to face him again.