PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wallace Takes New Position

smallcollegefbfan
February 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM
DEVELOPMENTAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE ANNOUNCES MEDIA RELATIONS DIRECTOR
New appointment comes from the college football world

LOS ANGELES, CA -- The Developmental Football League (DFL) announced Ralph Wallace will lead the media relations effort for the new league as their Director beginning immediately. Wallace comes to the DFL from College Sporting News, a news service of Division I football and has been working with American Football Alumni (AFA), the parent company of the DFL, since November, 2007.

“Ralph helps us hit the ground running with his extensive experience,” said DFL President Curtis Watts. “His media and administration background is a big asset to our operations as we move along to our first season and beyond.”

Wallace founded CSN in the year 2000 and entered sports and football community relations in the early 1990’s.

“I’m thrilled to join the DFL and I look forward to working with the league in promotions and media penetration,” Wallace said. “I will be developing content and using the newest technologies to assist not only the DFL as a company, but the players and coaches too.”

Under his direction, CSN became the largest news service of the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (FCS, formally I-AA). CSN has more columnists than any other news service in the world dedicated to covering the FCS, and currently syndicates its content across the country to colleges, universities, conferences and various media outlets in the arena of newspapers, magazines, radio, and television including College Sports
Television (CSTV).

In addition to the news service, Wallace developed the first FCS annual preview magazine, an international email newsletter, the first national FCS weekly talk show, and he forged relationships with companies like the Collegiate Licensing Company (the official brand of the NCAA) to offer FCS apparel and other products for the first time.

CSN also supplies the AFA and their American Football Alumni Network (AFAN) with the latest news and original content used throughout the AFAN enterprise.

In his spare time he enjoys coaching youth baseball and serving as Cubmaster for the local Cub Scouts unit.

He attended DePaul University and is a member of the College Sports Information Directors Association. Wallace lives in Skokie, Illinois with his two sons.

The DFL is a new league, with an old idea. The DFL gives players with talent and determination the training and opportunity to prove themselves. The DFL was created to provide a chance for these individuals who may have been overlooked, believed not ready for the pros, or free agents who were injured and now need to prove their readiness and ability to make it at the next level. 210 players will be drafted for the inaugural DFL Season. Four weekends of games will culminate in the first DFL All-Star Game. The DFL All-Star Game will allow the nation and professional scouts to access the talent, and perhaps make invitations to camps and workouts.

###

TheBisonator
February 1st, 2008, 06:25 PM
http://wednesdaynight.org/2003/01/homer-xfl2.png

Peems
February 1st, 2008, 06:28 PM
Congrats Ralph and best of luck xthumbsupx

Eyes of Old Main
February 1st, 2008, 07:12 PM
Best of luck to Ralph in the new position.

UNHWildCats
February 1st, 2008, 07:13 PM
GO RALPH!!!!!

dbackjon
February 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
congrats and best of luck

Ivytalk
February 1st, 2008, 07:44 PM
Sounds like a great opportunity, Ralph!xthumbsupx

ngineer
February 1st, 2008, 09:57 PM
Way to go Ralph! Sounds exciting...xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
February 1st, 2008, 10:25 PM
RALPH

wbtfg
February 1st, 2008, 10:58 PM
I can see him working for the DBagLeague, but DFL? That's a surprise. Hopefully he'll take his pal Mr. C with him.

BTW, did anyone hear about App. State beating Michigan this year?

Fresno St. Alum
February 2nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
here's a link
http://www.godfl.com/life.cfm

It seems there will only be 4 games and a all-star game. Seems real short

Tod
February 2nd, 2008, 03:42 AM
Congrats, Ralph! :)

OL FU
February 2nd, 2008, 09:54 AM
congrats Ralph and also hope this means you are betterxthumbsupx

citdog
February 2nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Mr. Wallace my resume is in the mail! Congrats! I wish you success in all that you do. I am proud to call you...... FRIEND.xthumbsupx

CSUBUCDAD
February 2nd, 2008, 10:20 AM
Congrats Ralph ole boy. You no doubt will do for them what you did for the FCS.

SunCoastBlueHen
February 2nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Way ta go Ralphie boy!

http://www.loti.com/articles/Jackie_Gleason_html_mfe5340.jpg

bobbythekidd
February 2nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Congrats Ralph!!

xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

Grizo406
February 2nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Congrats, Ralph! You're doin' just fine!!xthumbsupx

"My road it might be rocky,
The stones might cut my face.
But as some folks ain't got no road at all,
They gotta stand in the same old place.
Hey, hey, so I guess I'm doin' fine."
-BDylan

grizband
February 2nd, 2008, 04:17 PM
I tell you what, if anyone can market the s#@t out of something most have never heard of, its Ralph! Congrats on the new position!!! xnodx

Gil Dobie
February 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Congrats Ralph xthumbsupx

Still the Godfather of AGS xthumbsupx

LeopardFan04
February 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Congrats on the new position, Ralph!

AZGrizFan
February 2nd, 2008, 05:43 PM
So does this mean the name ***** is no longer verboten? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

slostang
February 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Way to go Ralph. I know you will do a great job. xthumbsupx

slostang
February 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
I can see him working for the DBagLeague, but DFL? That's a surprise. Hopefully he'll take his pal Mr. C with him.

BTW, did anyone hear about App. State beating Michigan this year?

Speaking of Dbags. xnonono2x

UNHWildCats
February 2nd, 2008, 11:27 PM
come on Ralphie.... address your peeps here.... :p

Rob Iola
February 3rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
DEVELOPMENTAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE ANNOUNCES MEDIA RELATIONS DIRECTOR
New appointment comes from the college football world

LOS ANGELES, CA -- The Developmental Football League (DFL) announced Ralph Wallace ...

In his spare time he enjoys coaching youth baseball and serving as Cubmaster for the local Cub Scouts unit.

###

Must be a patient, patient man... xthumbsupx