PDA

View Full Version : Gardner Webb may be playing at GT...

SuperEagle
February 1st, 2008, 12:12 PM
Jacksonville State is scheduled to open the season at GT. My source tells me this will be a Thursday night game on 8/28. Well, Tech still has an Oct 11th game to fill and have had no luck at all scheduling any FBS teams. So I'm hearing that the Jackets will play 2 FCS teams next season with the second one being Gardner Webb. Stay tuned but this would be a nice payday for GW.

AZGrizFan
February 1st, 2008, 12:13 PM
Hopefully their players will survive. xeyebrowx

GT just lost all respect. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

nwFL Griz
February 1st, 2008, 12:14 PM
I don't have a link as I can't remember where I got it, but I think this is a done deal.

thirdgendin
February 1st, 2008, 12:23 PM

Why is that? G-W played respectably against Ohio and Mississippi State last season.

This would mean that Clemson, FSU and Georgia Tech are all playing two FCS teams in '08 - very odd for the ACC.

ButlerGSU
February 1st, 2008, 12:54 PM

I love it that everyone is trashing GT, it'll make it that much sweeter when Paul Johnson wins his first ACC title...

nwFL Griz
February 1st, 2008, 03:08 PM
I love it that everyone is trashing GT, it'll make it that much sweeter when Paul Johnson wins his first ACC title...

When? In like five or six years? Cause it certainly ain't happenin in 08.

OLDLCOACH111
February 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
xhypedx I HAVE TRIED TO KEEP THIS A SECRET UNTIL THE SCHEDULE WAS RELEASED......But it is TRUE!! Sources very close the team have told me it is a 100% done deal that they are going to play Georgia Tech, they are just trying to work out a scheduling date.

There are a couple more interesting non-conference games that Gardner-Webb's trying to schedule... Put it this way, GW in 08 is expecting a Big Payoutxthumbsupx

GreatAppSt
February 3rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
hassle

GannonFan
February 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM
PJ knows who to avoid in FCS - no offense to GW, but this won't be like playing Ohio.

walliver
February 4th, 2008, 02:29 PM
xhypedx I HAVE TRIED TO KEEP THIS A SECRET UNTIL THE SCHEDULE WAS RELEASED......But it is TRUE!! Sources very close the team have told me it is a 100% done deal that they are going to play Georgia Tech, they are just trying to work out a scheduling date.

There are a couple more interesting non-conference games that Gardner-Webb's trying to schedule... Put it this way, GW in 08 is expecting a Big Payoutxthumbsupx

Does "Big Payout" mean the same thing as frequent "Butt whooping" (The Citadel has specialized in this lately).