PDA

View Full Version : Vick committs to New Hampshire

UNH_ORACLE
January 31st, 2008, 08:25 AM
Looks like New Hampshire scored a pretty good recruit....

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/highschool/football/s_550126.html

I love how he only needed an hour at UNH to know it was THE place to be...

LehighFan11
January 31st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Is this Mike and Marcus's long lost cousin? good luck lol

UNH_ORACLE
January 31st, 2008, 08:34 AM
nope he's white bread and thanks for the luck, but when you can attract talent like this, there is no need for luck!!

ButlerGSU
January 31st, 2008, 08:36 AM
nope he's white bread and thanks for the luck, but when you can attract talent like this, there is no need for luck!!

It's gotta be the stadium! xsmiley_wix

UNH_ORACLE
January 31st, 2008, 08:42 AM
or it's because our school isn't in Statesboro??? You may have a better stadium but your campus/school/town sucks.

mlbowl
January 31st, 2008, 08:59 AM
or it's because our school isn't in Statesboro??? You may have a better stadium but your campus/school/town sucks.

Have you been there? ...yeah...I didn't think so...I've been there a few times and I've always had a great time.xnonox

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 31st, 2008, 09:02 AM
"In 2 years they're going to be playing Pitt" I'd heard talk of a game with Pitt for a couple years now but this is the first time I've seen it in writing.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 31st, 2008, 09:05 AM
It's gotta be the stadium! xsmiley_wix

I wonder how much longer we can keep this string of recruiting classes coming if we don't get something going on the stadium situation.xsmhx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 31st, 2008, 09:38 AM
I wonder how much longer we can keep this string of recruiting classes coming if we don't get something going on the stadium situation.xsmhx

Probably will require a similar combination of wins over FBS schools and playoff appearances like the prior four seasons. Having an upgraded stadium would definitely help immensely. Having to continue the past four years while playing in the CAA is asking an awful lot and historically isn't likely. But we all know that Sean McDonnell and Co. will strive to do just that.

ButlerGSU
January 31st, 2008, 12:51 PM
Have you been there? ...yeah...I didn't think so...I've been there a few times and I've always had a great time.xnonox

Thank you

UNH_ORACLE
January 31st, 2008, 12:52 PM

Ya I was actually there early December 2004, in uniform. I had a great time too, but thats only because we knocked out there player on the opening kickoff and then handed them their first ever loss at home in the 1st round.

WrenFGun
January 31st, 2008, 01:06 PM
Boy, Georgia Southern fans ALREADY hate us because we got in the playoffs last year, don't give them other reasons, too. Having never been to Statesboro, I can't offer much, but I can say nothing but good things about the Ga. Southern program, at least.

As for Vick, interesting what he said about the starting position. I think most UNH fans had assumed it was Toman's job, but with Vick, the kid from Lowell, the Ole Miss walk-on and Decker, perhaps it's a wide open competition. Plenty of talent in there, surely.

UNH_ORACLE
January 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Well we didn't get to where we are by caring about what other people thought of us, Wren. If he's going talk smack about us I'm going to talk smack about them....

Boy, Georgia Southern fans ALREADY hate us because we got in the playoffs last year, don't give them other reasons, too. Having never been to Statesboro, I can't offer much, but I can say nothing but good things about the Ga. Southern program, at least.

As for Vick, interesting what he said about the starting position. I think most UNH fans had assumed it was Toman's job, but with Vick, the kid from Lowell, the Ole Miss walk-on and Decker, perhaps it's a wide open competition. Plenty of talent in there, surely.

mlbowl
January 31st, 2008, 01:17 PM
Ya I was actually there early December 2004, in uniform. I had a great time too, but thats only because we knocked out there player on the opening kickoff and then handed them their first ever loss at home in the 1st round.

What happened the next week???

UNHWildCats
January 31st, 2008, 01:20 PM
Your boys beat our boys without David Ball in the game :p

UNH_ORACLE
January 31st, 2008, 01:22 PM

We went to another redneck college town, but didn't fair as well. Your fans were much nicer however, at least after the game was over.

SOCAL
January 31st, 2008, 01:39 PM
As for Vick, interesting what he said about the starting position. I think most UNH fans had assumed it was Toman's job, but with Vick, the kid from Lowell, the Ole Miss walk-on and Decker, perhaps it's a wide open competition. Plenty of talent in there, surely.[/QUOTE]

The way you have to look at the QB situation at UNH is that you have to spread your QB's over the life of a 4 or 5 year period---thats why they will redshirt Vick unless injuries occur

Next fall-2008 --Toman will be a sophomore for football purposes---Decker will be a redshirt freshman--Vick will be redshirted and travel with the team as the third QB and the walk on will be used this spring as the third arm and probably the 4th guy in the fall--based on what I have heard

The battle, if any, is between Toman and Decker with Toman starting as the #1 guy

As a side note--the 3 schollie qb's as a group are very good and provide the best and most depth in a while

mlbowl
January 31st, 2008, 01:41 PM
Sorry I hi-jacked your thread:D ...Back on topic...sounds like a good kid & a good get for UNHxnodx

mlbowl
January 31st, 2008, 01:43 PM
Your boys beat our boys without David Ball in the game :p

You stay out of this Travisxnonox :p :D xlolx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 31st, 2008, 03:08 PM

The way you have to look at the QB situation at UNH is that you have to spread your QB's over the life of a 4 or 5 year period---thats why they will redshirt Vick unless injuries occur

Next fall-2008 --Toman will be a sophomore for football purposes---Decker will be a redshirt freshman--Vick will be redshirted and travel with the team as the third QB and the walk on will be used this spring as the third arm and probably the 4th guy in the fall--based on what I have heard

The battle, if any, is between Toman and Decker with Toman starting as the #1 guy

As a side note--the 3 schollie qb's as a group are very good and provide the best and most depth in a while

Actually, it appears there will be four scholly QB's or are you saying that Matt Welch is destined for another position?

And what you're stating about Toman, Decker and the new recruits is what I'd expect as well. And think back to 2005 and how vulnerable UNH was at QB. That season was an injury away from disaster.

You've got to have depth at QB and with the type of offense that UNH runs, going though Spring Practice and a season of practice is probably a prerequisite! Even when Ricky got pressed into action he had that redshirt year under his belt.

ButlerGSU
January 31st, 2008, 03:25 PM
Well we didn't get to where we are by caring about what other people thought of us, Wren. If he's going talk smack about us I'm going to talk smack about them....

Hey I just mentioned your stadium, it 'ain't' smack if it's true xsmiley_wix

UNHFan99
January 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM

We lost to Montana, but I think even if we won their equipment managers wouldnt have stabbed our footballs with scissors like yours did.

This is intended for GSU fans not at MLBowl.

UNHFan99
January 31st, 2008, 03:35 PM
Bottom line is though. Its great to have depth at QB. Even if they are all young.

ButlerGSU
January 31st, 2008, 05:41 PM
We lost to Montana, but I think even if we won their equipment managers wouldnt have stabbed our footballs with scissors like yours did.

This is intended for GSU fans not at MLBowl.

I happen to know for a fact that is not true.

Easy to make up slander when someone ruffles your feathers on a message board isn't it?

JDC325
January 31st, 2008, 05:48 PM

and you swallow take it to the smack board loser.

UNHWildCats
January 31st, 2008, 05:54 PM
and you swallow take it to the smack board loser.
EXCUSE ME

But i'm the one around here that swallows xlolx xlolx xlolx

carry on :p

ButlerGSU
February 1st, 2008, 01:40 PM

Easy to make up slander when someone ruffles your feathers on a message board isn't it?

Guess so...

UNHFan99
February 1st, 2008, 01:54 PM

Ive seen the footballs that were slashed. I have seen them for a FACT. Our equipment managers still have them. Im not sure who did it, but when they were handed back over to our guys they were popped.