PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Leaguers Make Their Presence Felt on Giants' Roster

CSN Log
January 30th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Ivy Leaguers Make Their Presence Felt on Giants' Roster

The USA Today peeks into the life of NFL players who graduated from the Ivy League.
GLENDALE, Ariz. — One of three Ivy Leaguers on his team’s roster, New York Giants’ linebacker Zak DeOssie fields the question with a smile, then knocks the stereotype on its rear end.
“We sit around and have wine and cheese and we talk politics, then go out and knock heads without a helmet,” the rookie from Brown University cracks, of his relationship with teammates Kevin Boothe of Cornell and Jim Finn of Penn.
Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=ivy-leaguers-make-their-presence-felt-on&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more373)

JoltinJoe
January 30th, 2008, 01:50 PM
This happens all the time in New York: a bunch of Ivy Leaguers working for a Fordham graduate (John Mara, FLS '79).xsmiley_wix

Franks Tanks
January 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Deossie keeps using the term "small school" to describe the Ivies man I hate that. Penn, Cornell, Columbia, Harvard, and even Yale are pretty large schools and are amongst the wealtiest in the US, whats so small about that. I understand he is referring to FB, but stop!!

Go...gate
January 30th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Also, the "non-scholarship" thing has long been figured out and is getting a bit old.

terrierbob
January 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
More power to them, though. Good combination.

Cleets
January 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Ivy Leaguers Make Their Presence Felt on Giants' Roster

The USA Today peeks into the life of NFL players who graduated from the Ivy League.
GLENDALE, Ariz. — One of three Ivy Leaguers on his team’s roster, New York Giants’ linebacker Zak DeOssie fields the question with a smile, then knocks the stereotype on its rear end.
“We sit around and have wine and cheese and we talk politics, then go out and knock heads without a helmet,” the rookie from Brown University cracks, of his relationship with teammates Kevin Boothe of Cornell and Jim Finn of Penn.

Penn. is in the Ivy league...? Since when..?

xlolx (that's an old joke sorry) I know I beat Ivy talk to it..

Ivytalk
February 1st, 2008, 10:47 AM
Penn. is in the Ivy league...? Since when..?

xlolx (that's an old joke sorry) I know I beat Ivy talk to it..

Go Penn...State!:D

otto4pres
February 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooothe

xthumbsupx

DetroitFlyer
February 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM
To be honest, this is pretty impressive! This is one area football wise where the PFL is behind the Ivy League. Fifteen players in the NFL this past year from a non-scholarship league? In the PFL, we have had a few.... Mike Gasperson from USD has been on the Eagles practice squad for three years. He just signed a three year contract. Billy Cundiff from Drake kicked with the Cowboys. He just signed with Kansas City. Josh Johnson will almost certainly make a roster. There are a couple of other former USD players with a decent shot. We have a ways to go, but we are gaining ground.... Maybe next year the PFL gets to somewhere between three and five....

I hope to see more PFL/Ivy contests in the future. If ever two FCS leagues had a similar outlook on football, it is the PFL and the Ivy League.