PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 9

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2024, 06:06 AM
All games on ESPN+, with Holy Cross-Lafayette the big game that was projected at the start of the season.

Fordham (0-7, 0-2) at Lehigh (3-3, 0-1), 12 noon EDT
Colgate (2-5, 1-1) at Merrimack (3-4), 1:00
Holy Cross (3-5, 2-0) at Lafayette (4-3, 1-1), 1:30
Bucknell (3-4, 1-0) at Georgetown (4-3, 1-1), 2:00

bonarae
October 20th, 2024, 06:08 AM
Lehigh
Merrimack
Holy Cross
Georgetown

Wolffan
October 20th, 2024, 08:47 AM
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown

The Cats
October 20th, 2024, 09:33 AM
Fordham (0-7, 0-2) at Lehigh (3-3, 0-1), 12 noon EDT
Colgate (2-5, 1-1) at Merrimack (3-4), 1:00
Holy Cross (3-5, 2-0) at Lafayette (4-3, 1-1), 1:30
Bucknell (3-4, 1-0) at Georgetown (4-3, 1-1), 2:00

ngineer
October 20th, 2024, 07:41 PM
Colgate at Merrimack should be a tight game. I expect a defensive struggle with the occasional big play and think 'gate has more explosive ability. 'gate 24-21

Cross at LC should be the week's "marquis" game that could likely go to the wire if not OT. LC cannot afford a second PL loss, which I would think would be the biggest motivator and leads me to pick the 'pards, 27-24.

I am going with the home-field advantage in this one. Should be close and Hoyas "still have a shot"...Goin' with the Rocks 27-23

I am expecting Lehigh to come out on fire after having fumbled away two games back to back. They are moving the ball and the defense has been significantly improved from last year. With Fordham's woes, Lehigh needs to come out and jump on the Rams quick and take them out early and not let them hang around that could turn dangerous. Lehigh 35-17.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2024, 08:08 AM
Colgate at Merrimack should be a tight game. I expect a defensive struggle with the occasional big play and think 'gate has more explosive ability. 'gate 24-21

Cross at LC should be the week's "marquis" game that could likely go to the wire if not OT. LC cannot afford a second PL loss, which I would think would be the biggest motivator and leads me to pick the 'pards, 27-24

I am going with the home-field advantage in this one. Should be close and Hoyas "still have a shot"...Goin' with the Rocks 27-23

I am expecting Lehigh to come out on fire after having fumbled away two games back to back. They are moving the ball and the defense has been significantly improved from last year. With Fordham's woes, Lehigh needs to come out and jump on the Rams quick and take them out early and not let them hang around that could turn dangerous. Lehigh 35-17.

Good picks. I still see our game as tossup

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2024, 09:22 AM
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown

NY Crusader 2010
October 22nd, 2024, 09:26 AM
Good picks. I still see our game as tossup

I agree. 'Pards took care of business against Sacred Heart after the skunk against Georgetown. Lafayette has their backs against the wall as far as winning the auto-bid. Meanwhile, Holy Cross has the revenge factor at play from last year. We were outplayed by Lafayette in both 2022 and 2023, two of the strongest teams we've had in modern times. Do you guys just have our number, like we have Fordham's number? We'll find out. Let it be noted that Lafayette was also the only PL team to beat us in 2019 when our run of titles began.

Slight edge to Lafayette => I see this as 'Pards -2.5 or so. If I were totally impartial, I'd likely pick you guys to win this one at home. We've definitely had our share of key wins at Fisher over the years, hope for our sake we have another coming this Saturday.

Wolffan
October 22nd, 2024, 12:56 PM
Lehigh
Colgate
Holy Cross
Bucknell

Holy Cross’ 4 FCS losses were by a total of 12 pts and each one of those teams (URI, UNH HAR, YALE) is stronger than the PL competition. Including Laffy, IMHO.

bonarae
October 22nd, 2024, 07:41 PM
Meanwhile... as things currently stand, will the PL champion be the lowest ranked full-scholarship team in the Road to Frisco? I'm afraid you may face the PFL champion in the first round.

Pards Rule
October 23rd, 2024, 06:04 AM
Meanwhile... as things currently stand, will the PL champion be the lowest ranked full-scholarship team in the Road to Frisco? I'm afraid you may face the PFL champion in the first round.

What Im thinking...oh boy

Southsider
October 23rd, 2024, 07:22 AM
Does it really matter? Other than those who visit this site, very few know or care. I've said it here before, just enjoy the games on Saturday's.

crusader11
October 23rd, 2024, 11:22 AM

Don't think you'll see PL v. PFL, unless it totally makes sense regionally.

Committee are not going want to to place two of the lowest ranked teams together, thereby having higher ranked teams play.

As it seems to happen most years, think you'll see PL vs. CAA in the first round (so long as there's a CAA team ranked outside of the top 16).

Remise
October 23rd, 2024, 01:20 PM
Maybe it will be the PL vs. the LFL. Just kidding, of course!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 24th, 2024, 12:39 AM
It would be great to see a team like Holy Cross play some overhyped SoCon team in the 1st round that they would beat handily, but I agree, they will probably be assigned a tougher local game vs. Villanova, Maine, CCSU or the like. Seeing the PL in a week to week basis any talk of the league being worse or on par with the PFL is dumb talk.