PDA

View Full Version : AAFL Draft Features 47 FCS Alumni

Lehigh Football Nation
January 28th, 2008, 01:00 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=aafl-draft-features-47-fcs-alumni&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more341

The All-American Football League, a for-profit, professional football league, held their inaugural draft on Saturday, January 26th. In that draft were 47 alumni of schools who played Football Championship Subdivision football (formerly known as I-AA football).

Headlining the draft class was the No. 4 overall pick, quarterback Eric Kresser (Marshall) who played on the Thundering Herd’s I-AA national-championship team in 1996 and was a teammate of Randy Moss, who is playing in the Super Bowl this weekend for the New England Patriots. Overall, Tennessee State boasted the most recruits with six selections, followed by Western Illinois with four.

Other notable FCS alumni include runningback Rod “He Hate Me” Smart from Western Kentucky, linebacker (and former firefighter) Todd Delamielleure from Hofstra, and a member of Delaware’s 2003 I-AA national championship team in Mondoe Davis.