PDA

View Full Version : 2024 South Dakota @ Youngstown St.

Paladin1aa
October 15th, 2024, 12:54 PM
This week we have another laugher with the Yotes coming to town to play the hapless penguins. USD is ranked in the national Top 10 while YSU is languishing in the garbage dump.

No game notes out yet, but let me clue you, the ***** has hit the fan. While I projected preseason that YSU would have a losing season at 5-7, many were expecting a winning record. Maybe even playoffs,lol ! Losing to Duquesne, getting trashed at Pitt and then the azz stomping at SDSU is shattering the cheerleader board. The game with South Dakota will show off how far the program has fallen. The Yotes are good. Very good.

Cant imagine a crowd to see the game however. The dream for this season is broken and , unfortunately , is many years out, if then, for recovery. The sad truth is the roster needs gutted as they have no D, no QB , lose their OL next year and good players at RB and WRs. In short, total destruction.

But play politics with the program, expect to get burnt - to a crisp.

TrooperCoats
October 16th, 2024, 06:18 AM
Why do you think it will be a laugher? The Yotes board is saying YSU moved the ball on SDSU (20 first downs), and expecting a close game. On the other hand, someone who was at the SDSU game said YSU seemed to give up in the 1st quarter, so there is that.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 07:30 AM
Why do you think it will be a laugher? The Yotes board is saying YSU moved the ball on SDSU (20 first downs), and expecting a close game. On the other hand, someone who was at the SDSU game said YSU seemed to give up in the 1st quarter, so there is that.Don't feed the troll..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

RahRahRabbits
October 16th, 2024, 10:43 AM
I don't get all the hate for your QB. The kid is a baller that can make some magic happen with his wheels. Defense? Yeah... that could use some work...

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 10:48 AM
I don't get all the hate for your QB. The kid is a baller that can make some magic happen with his wheels. Defense? Yeah... that could use some work...QB is the best player on the team. Thanks for noticing..

The person starting these YSU threads dick gets harder the more the guins lose.

Beats a dead horse year after year. Same ole song and dance.

POD Knows
October 16th, 2024, 11:06 AM
QB is the best player on the team. Thanks for noticing..

Sent from my SM-G990U using TapatalkI have watched some of YSU and the QB seems like the only guy that is showing up to play.

Paladin1aa
October 16th, 2024, 11:07 AM
Two points - the QB has no arm. Strictly a runner. And there are some politics behind who is playing QB. Good athlete but a weak QB overall. Point two, no one complains when I predict good seasons although those are numbered and have been since the Tressel years. There are a number of reasons for that I successfully call out each year when warranted. But project a loser preseason and tell why it happens and suddenly you are a jerk. Have always called them as I see them. Always.

YSU is a traditional run team. They will get yards, move the ball. Yet only got 13 pts vs SDSU and, of course, gave up 63. The program is a shell of its former self. And I will continue to point out why that is.

YSU will not match up well with USD. No QB, no D. Let’s see how accurate that is this weekend.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 11:11 AM
I have watched some of YSU and the QB seems like the only guy that is showing up to play.Yes, sir. If you haven't figured it out, the majority of YSU fans don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

MSUBobcat
October 16th, 2024, 11:11 AM
QB is the best player on the team. Thanks for noticing..

I just wonder why the games always need their own thread, when the OP expects a drubbing of YSU. Glutton for punishment I guess.

JacksFan40
October 16th, 2024, 11:34 AM
Why do you think it will be a laugher? The Yotes board is saying YSU moved the ball on SDSU (20 first downs), and expecting a close game. On the other hand, someone who was at the SDSU game said YSU seemed to give up in the 1st quarter, so there is that.
If USD struggles with YSU they are going to have major problems against SDSU and NDSU (possibly UND as well). YSU QB is good but his receivers have bricks for hands. Jacks ran for 400+ yards so Theis and Pierre should run wild.

Paladin1aa
October 16th, 2024, 11:48 AM
Yes, sir. If you haven't figured it out, the majority of YSU fans don't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

Thats funny. On the cheerleader board you called our QB “weak”. Your words, not mine. Can’t make up your mind ?

lol

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 12:28 PM
Thats funny. On the cheerleader board you called our QB “weak”. Your words, not mine. Can’t make up your mind ?

lolSoo. Weak as in arm strength other than that best player on the team.

I'm breaking my own rule of feeding the troll.

Get a new hobby rich guy.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 12:30 PM
I just wonder why the games always need their own thread, when the OP expects a drubbing of YSU. Glutton for punishment I guess.Yup.. a troll starts them.

SteelSD
October 16th, 2024, 02:22 PM
Two points - the QB has no arm. Strictly a runner. And there are some politics behind who is playing QB. Good athlete but a weak QB overall. Point two, no one complains when I predict good seasons although those are numbered and have been since the Tressel years. There are a number of reasons for that I successfully call out each year when warranted. But project a loser preseason and tell why it happens and suddenly you are a jerk. Have always called them as I see them. Always.

YSU is a traditional run team. They will get yards, move the ball. Yet only got 13 pts vs SDSU and, of course, gave up 63. The program is a shell of its former self. And I will continue to point out why that is.

YSU will not match up well with USD. No QB, no D. Let’s see how accurate that is this weekend.
Idk, seems you have an axe to grind with the QB rather than an objective evaluation. The guy is an athletic beast and gave us the most trouble on the ground since Sluka. But through the air he dropped a couple of beautiful passes right in the bucket on the TD drive to end the half. He also through a RPO slant pass right on the WR that the guy dropped. Also scrambled and kept a play alive two separate times where he dropped dimes in the end zone. One was deflected last second by an All Amercian CB and the other was dropped by the WR. The Int was a bad decision but was facing down pressure all day right in his face so you can understand occasionally making a panicked throw. If you are laying any blame for defeat at the QB's hands then frankly you don't know anything about FB.

As for the YSU defense, uh, yuck! I think the statistic of the game was that SDSU scored 63 points and had the ball for less than 20 minutes. SDSU only had 4 3rd down attempts until under 3:00 left in the game and was 4/4 on them. If they can't stop the run this weekend they will give up over 45 again to USD.

Paladin1aa
October 16th, 2024, 04:45 PM
Idk, seems you have an axe to grind with the QB rather than an objective evaluation. The guy is an athletic beast and gave us the most trouble on the ground since Sluka. But through the air he dropped a couple of beautiful passes right in the bucket on the TD drive to end the half. He also through a RPO slant pass right on the WR that the guy dropped. Also scrambled and kept a play alive two separate times where he dropped dimes in the end zone. One was deflected last second by an All Amercian CB and the other was dropped by the WR. The Int was a bad decision but was facing down pressure all day right in his face so you can understand occasionally making a panicked throw. If you are laying any blame for defeat at the QB's hands then frankly you don't know anything about FB.

As for the YSU defense, uh, yuck! I think the statistic of the game was that SDSU scored 63 points and had the ball for less than 20 minutes. SDSU only had 4 3rd down attempts until under 3:00 left in the game and was 4/4 on them. If they can't stop the run this weekend they will give up over 45 again to USD.

No axe to grind. He is a very good athlete. But he isn’t a QB. Weak arm and with his skill set, teams simply load the box on us as a running team with a QB who runs but can’t throw deep. Looking at YSUs roster, QB is the weakest position from very poor recruiting. Between having no D and a QB that can’t throw deep , YSU will have a losing record. You should have seen the Duquesne game, a team YSU should have destroyed but lost. I’m not the only one who does not see him as a QB . A couple of plays that may look good do not display his weaknesses overall.

As for the INT , I believe he has now thrown more of those than TD passes. Reliable stat ?

SteelSD
October 16th, 2024, 04:58 PM
No axe to grind. He is a very good athlete. But he isn’t a QB. Weak arm and with his skill set, teams simply load the box on us as a running team with a QB who runs but can’t throw deep. Looking at YSUs roster, QB is the weakest position from very poor recruiting. Between having no D and a QB that can’t throw deep , YSU will have a losing record. You should have seen the Duquesne game, a team YSU should have destroyed but lost. I’m not the only one who does not see him as a QB . A couple of plays that may look good do not display his weaknesses overall.

As for the INT , I believe he has now thrown more of those than TD passes. Reliable stat ?
Dude, your defense was on the field for less than 20 minutes and you gave up 63 points. I think the issues extend far beyond your QB. I think it's safe to say that every unit on your defense is weaker than your QB room.

TrooperCoats
October 16th, 2024, 06:11 PM
Don't feed the troll..

Wait - am I a troll? Or is OP the troll? Or are you the troll? So confused.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 06:13 PM
Wait - am I a troll? Or is OP the troll? Or are you the troll? So confused.Nooo. Ur fine. The guy who started this thread is the troll. Sorry for the confusion.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2024, 06:15 PM
Dude, your defense was on the field for less than 20 minutes and you gave up 63 points. I think the issues extend far beyond your QB. I think it's safe to say that every unit on your defense is weaker than your QB room.YSUs QB would be much better if the Oline could pass block longer than 2 seconds.

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2024, 09:34 AM
Yotes have not done well in Youngstown. This will be the seventh games at YSU and the Yotes are 0-6.

Yote 53
October 17th, 2024, 04:05 PM
True, we haven't won in Youngstown...yet. Also true, we've brought a lot of crappy teams to Youngstown, so we had no business winning. This team is not crappy. This team is really good.

Paladin1aa
October 18th, 2024, 07:33 PM
Game prediction -

Yotes 41-13

First win for them in Youngstown.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2024, 07:16 AM

lol

Let's not conflate effort with ability. Paladin is right, he's not going to be a QB that takes us anywhere. He's responsible for many throwing turnovers. He's a good runner but no Nick Hill (SIU) in terms of a small QB throwing down field with accuracy.

The defense lost too many people in the portal and they're getting their ass kicked, especially on the DL and LB's for that matter. YSU doesn't even know how good the secondary is because you can't expect them to cover for 12 seconds.

Is the QB have a lot of heart? YES. Does he play hard? YES. Is he going to be able to take you to the playoffs? ONLY if you had a national championship defense, and everyone else on offense was a superior athlete to the person they liked up against. My point is that they would essentially have to have zero holes on offense, defense or special teams. That's clearly not the case.

SteelSD
October 19th, 2024, 05:13 PM
Man, this YSU QB sucks…

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 05:13 PM
YSU 15 yd TD pass to TE.

YSU 7-0

The Yo Show
October 19th, 2024, 05:26 PM
Man, this YSU QB sucks…
Hahahahah

- - - Updated - - -

I will admit, I thought he had a weak arm at the beginning of the season, but he had been able to throw dimes deep in the last few weeks. He's a baller and has earned my respect.

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 05:37 PM
YSU 11 yd TD run

YSU up 14-0 over the 4th ranked team.

SteelSD
October 19th, 2024, 05:40 PM
YSU 11 yd TD run

YSU up 14-0 over the 4th ranked team.

Who ran it in?

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 05:42 PM
Who ran it in?

The QB. No one doubts his legs.

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 05:46 PM
Yotes TD pass

YSU 14-7

SteelSD
October 19th, 2024, 05:56 PM
The QB. No one doubts his legs.
I see, so good QB’s can’t run. Got it…

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 06:01 PM
Yotes TD run.

14 all.

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 06:24 PM
YSU FG

YSU 17-14

The Yo Show
October 19th, 2024, 06:25 PM
Did not expect the Guins to have a lead into halftime

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 06:59 PM
Yotes FG

17 all

The Yo Show
October 19th, 2024, 07:00 PM
Where has this defense been all year?

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 07:11 PM
Yotes 50 yd TD run.

Yotes 24-17

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 07:51 PM
Yotes FG

Yotes 27-17

4 minutes to go

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2024, 08:13 PM
Yotes finally win in Youngstown, 27-17

TrooperCoats
October 20th, 2024, 07:57 AM
YSU's QB is a player. The Yotes have a weird quirk where they allow easy points on the first drive or two of the game, and the QB made every play/decision/throw to go up 14-0 before South Dakota knew what was going on. I'm not sure why YSU just didn't let him go full throttle the whole game (yeah I know, the defense makes adjustments too).
Anyway, not a great game for USD, and some injuries are starting to mount, but 4-0 in the MVFC.

Yote 53
October 20th, 2024, 11:24 AM
Spotted YSU 14 points then soundly beat them 27-3 the rest of the way. The takeaway from this game is the D cannot spot teams 7-14 points until they make adjustments. Other than that USD played fine.

Paladin1aa
October 20th, 2024, 03:18 PM
Watched the game again today on replay and had these thoughts -

USD is good. Nice team. However they may be over rated. With SDSU, UND and NDSU coming up, we will soon find out. Congrats on the win.

YSU remains what I thought they were. Lack personnel on D and have a QB who lacks an arm. I spent more time watching the Dline and LBers. It’s a talent issue, no question. I can’t find fault with coaching here. Just weak talent. Beau continues to show why they use him as they do - RPO with his legs being his strong game but passing ? Ball were thrown short ,in the ground in front of the receivers or thrown out to the side. His accuracy and arm strength are the weak points. That’s why they have him throwing out to the flats or on short crossing patterns underneath the coverage. And he had time to throw but his progressions are also a problem. With him being in the program last year and getting play time, it’s difficult seeing him overcoming his shortfalls. A strong YSU run gamesuffers because teams load the box to shut down the RBs and try to control his run damage. They feel confident covering his passing threat.

It’s beyond doubt at this point YSU really struck out on portal transfers showing they got little talent from the portal. Recruiting remains the #1 deficiency in the program and it’s not close. Wasted schollies on local talent and poor selections from the portal. I can’t see it getting better till both those problems are rectified.

North Dakota up next and we won’t be favored.