PDA

View Full Version : Stony Brooks Priore gets some love

CSUBUCDAD
January 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.bigsouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=25301&SPID=1985&DB_OEM_ID=4800&ATCLID=1374505

Stony Brook Football Coach Chuck Priore Receives Extension
Written by: Stony Brook University
Release: 01/24/2008

STONY BROOK, N.Y. - Stony Brook University Director of Athletics Jim Fiore announced today that head football coach Chuck Priore has been given a contract extension that will keep him at the helm of the Seawolf program through the 2012 season. Priore has an 11-11 record over his first two seasons at Stony Brook and will guide the team into its first season as an Associate member of the Big South Conference in 2008.

"I am extremely excited about the opportunity I've been afforded to continue to lead the Stony Brook University football program and build upon my relationship with the staff in the athletics department and university," said Priore. "There's much work to be done in order to reach our goals and we are working tirelessly with our efforts to reach those goals as we get ready for play in the Big South Conference."

Seawolf97
January 27th, 2008, 03:55 PM
He has made a major difference since his arrival in 2006.

danefan
January 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Congrats to Priore (a Bob Ford disciple).

SBU made a good move. He would've and still may be swooped up by an FBS school in the next few years. At least now he'll have some incentive to stay.

Seawolf97
January 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Congrats to Priore (a Bob Ford disciple).

SBU made a good move. He would've and still may be swooped up by an FBS school in the next few years. At least now he'll have some incentive to stay.

Thanks- Hopefully being a native Long Islander, SUNY grad and now with a 5 year contract he will be on our sideline for awhile.

danefan
January 28th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks- Hopefully being a native Long Islander, SUNY grad and now with a 5 year contract he will be on our sideline for awhile.

Hey, who knows. If Spitzer gets his wish and is allowed to dump the billions of dollars into SBU that he wants, Priore will likely be an FBS coach in five year - at Stony Brook.xsmhx

Hey any idea what the millions of dollars for the basketball and football stadium is going to be used for at SBU? Budget looks like about 12 million or allocated for you guys.

Dane96
January 28th, 2008, 09:26 AM
You dont want to know Danefan...it will make you VERY ANGRY.

E-mail me!

Seawolf97
January 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM
You dont want to know Danefan...it will make you VERY ANGRY.

E-mail me!

Honestly dont know. From what I hear alot will go toward renovating existing buildings (dorms and academic) more faculty, the new campus at Southhampton and probably the Medical Center. Big time football and basketball wont happen in this lifetime.

Dane96
January 28th, 2008, 09:12 PM
You are getting basically a brand new arena. Don't get me started on the inequity of it all.

You are rotating your arena north and south and bowling it in.