PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-28

JALMOND
September 25th, 2024, 09:05 PM
There are a couple of stragglers but for the most part, non conference play is over and conference play begins this week. No is the time that truly separates the good teams from the bad and the contenders from the pretenders. Overall, a great non conference for the conference with two FBS scalps and some great FCS wins sprinkled in. It is truly living up to one of the best conferences in all of FCS. So far, I am at 39-6 with one perfect week. Here are my picks for this week.

CP at UNC---The Mustangs took a week off to heal and prepare for the conference schedule. The Bears have looked relatively decent aside from their last game in Southland country. When the dust settles this weekend, one of these teams will find themselves on top of the conference. Take the home team...UNC 28, CP 14.

SAC at NAU---Both teams have looked impressive in the non-conference part of their schedules. The Hornets have looked good against the FCS side while the Lumberjacks had a good showing with their big brothers to the south to go with a couple good games against the FCS, too. Have to go with the home team here...NAU 25, SAC 22.

PSU at Chattanooga (FCS Southern)---One of two teams playing out of conference, the Vikings are following a tropical storm into the Southern part of the country. Sloppy field, sloppy game, possibly a sloppy outcome for two teams trying to get a win. The Vikings will be the underdog, but I'll take the homer pick...PSU 19, Chattanooga 16.

MSU at ISU---The Bobcats have taken care of business, knocking down everyone they've met, including the FBS. However, the Bengals put a bit of a surprise into everyone last week with a good non-conference win at home. For what its worth, this game is also at the Bengals' home, if it makes a difference...MSU 35, ISU 28.

UM at EWU---The Grizzlies are hoping they have put aside some worries and are set to lay claim to the conference crown. However, they are still looking for their first road win of the season. The Eagles have not looked too good at home or away but they should be ready to play this game. But, Grizzlies get their first road win...UM 38, EWU 14.

McNeese (FCS Southland) at WSU---The Wildcats also take a venture out of conference, bringing in a member of the Southland to their cozy home. Things are beginning to come together for them on the field and this should be a good test for them before they resume conference play next week...WSU 35, McNeese 14.

UI at UCD---Probably the best game in the conference this week. The Vandals looked strong on the road last week to close out an impressive non-conference schedule. Likewise, the Aggies have looked really good as well in non-conference games. Sad that one of these teams will start with a loss...UI 29, UCD 25.

bonarae
September 25th, 2024, 09:12 PM
UNC
Sac
UTC (can PSU finish above 3-7 or 3-8?)
Montana State
Griz
Weber
Vandals (UC Davis is all banged up xsighx)

wapiti
September 26th, 2024, 09:05 AM
Conference play gets going this weekend, but 2 teams are playing OOC. The run for the playoffs start to setup this weekend and every W is important. Will one of the top teams get tripped up or will they take care of business?

MSU 32 @ ISU 24 --- The bengals appear improved from last year and are hosting this game. MSU will have their startes play much more of the game then the past 2. MSU has not played at Pocatello since 2018 and that was a loss for MSU 17 - 24

UM 38 @ EWU 17 --- UM has not won in Cheney since 2008. EWU is down and the Griz should get that hard to find W this weekend.

CP 13 @ NC 28 --- This may be CP best chance for a FCS W, but it is on the road and aside from last week, NC does appear to be improved from last year, unlike CP.

Sac 27 @ NAU 24 --- Both teams are 2-2. NAU hosting makes this a bit of a toss up game. I will give the edge to Sac State.

PSU 17 @ Chattanooga 20 --- Both teams have 2 FBS losses and a FCS loss. This game is one of the better chances of a W for the Vikings, but it is on a long trip. I give the edge to home field.

McNeese 21 @ Weber 28 --- Weber's 3rd opponent from the Southland and is 1-1 against them, but they host this one and McNeese appears improved from last year. I give the edge to home field.

Idaho 28 @ UC Davis 21 --- FCS Game of the week candidate. Idaho is higher ranked, but the Aggies are hosting. I give the edge to Idaho's defense.

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2024, 11:23 AM
I'm shocked no one is picking EWU this week.

You guys seemingly have no idea how cursed we are on that red rug.

wapiti
September 26th, 2024, 12:02 PM

EWU could not beat a Pioneer team on the red carpet. Griz could have opportunity to play 2's in the 4th quarter.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2024, 12:06 PM
Cal Poly 17 @ NoCo 27 - Someone has to win in the battle of the cellar dwellers. UNC looks slightly improved while Poly.... not.
Sac State 28 @ NAU 23 - NAU's first home game of the year (Lincoln was a scrimmage at best) ends in disappointment against one of the conference's top dogs.
MSU 38 @ ISU-o 20 - The Bengals got a nice win last week against SUU, evidencing that they are improved, and they have the home dome advantage... but the Bungles are the 11th worst run defense in the conference. That does not bode well with the run-heavy Bobcats coming to town.
PSU 17 @ Chatty 27 - Despite also being winless, Chatt has looked respectable in 2 of the losses, with 1 score losses to FBS and the what may be the SoCon's best team. PSU has gotten blown out. Yes, 2 were good FBS teams, but Weber isn't quite a juggernaut.
UM 34 @ EWU 21 - I was shocked to see the Griz haven't won in Cheney for 16 years. That streak ends thanks to EWU being way down this year (still). If Drake can win on the red turf, UM does too.
McNeese 20 @ Weber 33 - McDowell didn't get to play Weebs last year. I think that's why he chose to go to McNeese.... Weber is a kicker away from being 3-0 vs FCS so the home team takes this one.
Idaho 24 @ UC Davis 16 - The Aggies are a bit banged up and Idaho's D is legit. Vandals continue to roll.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2024, 12:10 PM

Seriously??? Looking back, I'm wondering how TF Monmouth lost to them, but scalped FIU, even if they are a terrible FBS. Come season-end, that could be the game Monmouth looks back at and says, "what if....."

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2024, 01:02 PM
Seriously??? Looking back, I'm wondering how TF Monmouth lost to them, but scalped FIU, even if they are a terrible FBS. Come season-end, that could be the game Monmouth looks back at and says, "what if....."
If Alphagriz hadn't buried that Griz coin under the red turf at the 50 yard line before the season in 2010, I would agree it makes no sense, but I'm telling you, we have some kind of Cheney Pharaoh's curse on us lmao

JALMOND
September 26th, 2024, 01:08 PM
If Alphagriz hadn't buried that Griz coin under the red turf at the 50 yard line before the season in 2010, I would agree it makes no sense, but I'm telling you, we have some kind of Cheney Pharaoh's curse on us lmao

The conference is getting the two trouble games out of the way. It seems the Griz always have trouble in Cheney and the Cats always have trouble in Pocatello.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2024, 02:00 PM

Is this a true story? Being a Cubs fan, I don't believe in curses anymore xdrunkyx but that would be pretty funny to put your team's coin under a rivals field during construction. xlolx

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2024, 03:22 PM
Is this a true story? Being a Cubs fan, I don't believe in curses anymore xdrunkyx but that would be pretty funny to put your team's coin under a rivals field during construction. xlolx
Yes. I was wrong, it's under the 5 yard line, not the 50.

https://egriz.com/threads/eagles-new-field.43912/page-5

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2024, 03:29 PM
Yes. I was wrong, it's under the 5 yard line, not the 50.

https://egriz.com/threads/eagles-new-field.43912/page-5

Sadly, the jpg is no longer working.

mvemjsunpx
September 26th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Montana 34-24 EWU — The Griz have never won on the red turf, but this is easily the weakest EWU team they've played there

Idaho 24-20 Davis — Are the Vandals really this good, or are they just on a hot streak?

Montana St. 42-24 Idaho St. — Can the Bengals slow down MSU's offense? I doubt it

Sac State 27-20 NAU — The 'Jacks showed last week that they probably aren't ready for prime time

Cal Poly 17-27 NololColol — Ed Lamb finally gets his first win with the Bears

Portland St. 14-35 Chattanooga — Portland State, the Job of the Big Sky, now has to travel cross country just to play a better team in pouring rain

McNeese 17-31 Weber — Clifton McDowell faces the Wildcats for the first time…

coriander_seed
September 27th, 2024, 08:55 AM
Portland State's practice field had a huge wasp nest at the far end. It was bothersome for staff and players yesterday morning.

MSUBobcat
September 27th, 2024, 09:41 AM
Portland State's practice field had a huge wasp nest at the far end. It was bothersome for staff and players yesterday morning.

Sheesh. In a season where the schedule is set up for PSU's destruction, even external factors are conspiring against them.

wapiti
September 27th, 2024, 10:01 AM

Did a Sac state fan plant it there as a curse?

wapiti
September 27th, 2024, 10:09 AM
Montana 34-24 EWU — The Griz have never won on the red turf, but this is easily the weakest EWU team they've played there

Idaho 24-20 Davis — Are the Vandals really this good, or are they just on a hot streak?

Montana St. 42-24 Idaho St. — Can the Bengals slow down MSU's offense? I doubt it

Sac State 27-20 NAU — The 'Jacks showed last week that they probably aren't ready for prime time

Cal Poly 17-27 NololColol — Ed Lamb finally gets his first win with the Bears

Portland St. 14-35 Chattanooga — Portland State, the Job of the Big Sky, now has to travel cross country just to play a better team in pouring rain

McNeese 17-31 Weber — Clifton McDowell faces the Wildcats for the first time…

When did EWU install the red carpet? I see that was 2010
UM's last win in Cheney was 2008, but that was before the red carpet.

JALMOND
September 27th, 2024, 10:17 AM
Sheesh. In a season where the schedule is set up for PSU's destruction, even external factors are conspiring against them.

Well, it could be worse. Sounds like we'll miss the hurricane this weekend. xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2024, 12:31 PM
Did a Sac state fan plant it there as a curse?

.....HORNET'S NEST THEN.......AWK?

mvemjsunpx
September 27th, 2024, 05:51 PM
When did EWU install the red carpet? I see that was 2010
UM's last win in Cheney was 2008, but that was before the red carpet.

xnodx

UM's last win in what was then called Woodward Field was in Beau Baldwin's first season.

The Cats
September 27th, 2024, 06:06 PM
Montana - EWU

Idaho - Davis

Montana St. - Idaho St.

Sac State - NAU

Cal Poly - Northern Colorado

Portland St. - Chattanooga

McNeese - Weber

JALMOND
September 29th, 2024, 04:43 AM
There are a couple of stragglers but for the most part, non conference play is over and conference play begins this week. No is the time that truly separates the good teams from the bad and the contenders from the pretenders. Overall, a great non conference for the conference with two FBS scalps and some great FCS wins sprinkled in. It is truly living up to one of the best conferences in all of FCS. So far, I am at 39-6 with one perfect week. Here are my picks for this week.

CP at UNC---The Mustangs took a week off to heal and prepare for the conference schedule. The Bears have looked relatively decent aside from their last game in Southland country. When the dust settles this weekend, one of these teams will find themselves on top of the conference. Take the home team...UNC 28, CP 14.

SAC at NAU---Both teams have looked impressive in the non-conference part of their schedules. The Hornets have looked good against the FCS side while the Lumberjacks had a good showing with their big brothers to the south to go with a couple good games against the FCS, too. Have to go with the home team here...NAU 25, SAC 22.

PSU at Chattanooga (FCS Southern)---One of two teams playing out of conference, the Vikings are following a tropical storm into the Southern part of the country. Sloppy field, sloppy game, possibly a sloppy outcome for two teams trying to get a win. The Vikings will be the underdog, but I'll take the homer pick...PSU 19, Chattanooga 16.

MSU at ISU---The Bobcats have taken care of business, knocking down everyone they've met, including the FBS. However, the Bengals put a bit of a surprise into everyone last week with a good non-conference win at home. For what its worth, this game is also at the Bengals' home, if it makes a difference...MSU 35, ISU 28.

UM at EWU---The Grizzlies are hoping they have put aside some worries and are set to lay claim to the conference crown. However, they are still looking for their first road win of the season. The Eagles have not looked too good at home or away but they should be ready to play this game. But, Grizzlies get their first road win...UM 38, EWU 14.

McNeese (FCS Southland) at WSU---The Wildcats also take a venture out of conference, bringing in a member of the Southland to their cozy home. Things are beginning to come together for them on the field and this should be a good test for them before they resume conference play next week...WSU 35, McNeese 14.

UI at UCD---Probably the best game in the conference this week. The Vandals looked strong on the road last week to close out an impressive non-conference schedule. Likewise, the Aggies have looked really good as well in non-conference games. Sad that one of these teams will start with a loss...UI 29, UCD 25.

NAU, MSU and UM. Tough weekend. 3-4 puts me at 42-10 overall now.

caribbeanhen
September 29th, 2024, 10:21 AM
NAU, MSU and UM. Tough weekend. 3-4 puts me at 42-10 overall now.

Yea, that OOC schedule is beating you up a bit, no way Portland was beating Chatty and the always overrated Weber falls down in Louisiana

wapiti
September 29th, 2024, 10:24 AM
Conference play gets going this weekend, but 2 teams are playing OOC. The run for the playoffs start to setup this weekend and every W is important. Will one of the top teams get tripped up or will they take care of business?

MSU 32 @ ISU 24 --- The bengals appear improved from last year and are hosting this game. MSU will have their startes play much more of the game then the past 2. MSU has not played at Pocatello since 2018 and that was a loss for MSU 17 - 24

MSU took care of business.

UM 38 @ EWU 17 --- UM has not won in Cheney since 2008. EWU is down and the Griz should get that hard to find W this weekend.

UM appeared to have the game in control until EWU pulled off a surprise onside kick. UM had to hang on for that hard to get W in Cheney. Defences for both teams sat out for the 4th quarter.

CP 13 @ NC 28 --- This may be CP best chance for a FCS W, but it is on the road and aside from last week, NC does appear to be improved from last year, unlike CP.

CP pulled of the upset. NC has fallen apart their past 2 games.

Sac 27 @ NAU 24 --- Both teams are 2-2. NAU hosting makes this a bit of a toss up game. I will give the edge to Sac State.

The skydome smacked the hornets.

PSU 17 @ Chattanooga 20 --- Both teams have 2 FBS losses and a FCS loss. This game is one of the better chances of a W for the Vikings, but it is on a long trip. I give the edge to home field.

PSU was beat by more than I expected.

McNeese 21 @ Weber 28 --- Weber's 3rd opponent from the Southland and is 1-1 against them, but they host this one and McNeese appears improved from last year. I give the edge to home field.

Another upset as the Cowboys cook the BBQ.

Idaho 28 @ UC Davis 21 --- FCS Game of the week candidate. Idaho is higher ranked, but the Aggies are hosting. I give the edge to Idaho's defense.another upset in my eyes.
Davis will be moving up the rankings.

See inline comments