PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Jackson Added to Senior Bowl Roster

smallcollegefbfan
January 23rd, 2008, 05:04 PM
He has been added due to injuries to receivers. He was seen many times during the practice on NFL Network.

ERASU2113
January 23rd, 2008, 06:41 PM
"Jackson is Appalachian’s first representative in the 59-year history of the Senior Bowl. The Senior Bowl is the nation’s premier pre-NFL Draft event, annually featuring the country’s best senior collegiate football players and top draft prospects on teams representing the North and South. More than 800 NFL coaches attended Wednesday’s practice sessions.

The 5-10, 180-pound wide receiver from Dunwoody, Ga. is one of just six Division I FCS (Football Championship Subdivision — formerly Division I-AA) alums among the game’s 104 participants. Jackson’s teammates on the South squad, which is coached by the San Francisco 49ers Mike Nolan and his staff, include an impressive stable of quarterbacks in Heisman Trophy finalist Colt Brennan from Hawaii, Tennessee’s Erik Ainge and Kentucky’s Andre Woodson."

Link to article by GoASU.com

http://goasu.com/article/11461/

justsaying
January 23rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Not knocking Dexter, he is a great receiver, but i figure they would of asked Jerome Simpson wouldn't they?

GOTOREROS
January 23rd, 2008, 07:51 PM
Good for him - I think he needs the extra chance after the East-West game. Hopefully he can showcase his skills...

smallcollegefbfan
January 24th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Not knocking Dexter, he is a great receiver, but i figure they would of asked Jerome Simpson wouldn't they?

I think Dexter will go higher in the draft than Simpson.

spelunker64
January 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I surprised they added him, instead of moving one of the North players over to the South

smallcollegefbfan
January 24th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I surprised they added him, instead of moving one of the North players over to the South

Dexter is rated much higher than the media is portraying him to be. I have heard 3rd-4th round. He will go higher if he has a good Senior Bowl and combine workout.

spelunker64
January 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Dexter is rated much higher than the media is portraying him to be. I have heard 3rd-4th round. He will go higher if he has a good Senior Bowl and combine workout.

Nothing against him, just thought adding him after 3 days of completed practices was odd.

GannonFan
January 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Great news for Jackson - the Senior Bowl is as big as it gets for NFL recruits - the only way to be even higher of a recruit is to get an invite and then opt out of it (ala Matt Ryan for instance). You know Jackson must be on lots of people's radars to get the invite, even if it was due to injuries to others. Jackson could very well be a draft surprise this year.

Appguy
January 26th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Why is this game only on the NFL Network?
no one gets that channel!!!!

justsaying
January 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I think Dexter will go higher in the draft than Simpson.

I just read that Simpson actually turned down the invitation because of short notice..

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/story/327986.html

Appguy
January 26th, 2008, 02:25 PM
is there a gametracker or an updating box score online somewhere?
maybe online radio feed?

smallcollegefbfan
January 26th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I just read that Simpson actually turned down the invitation because of short notice..

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/story/327986.html

Yeah I heard that too. I feel he should have gone but maybe his agent doesn't think playing in the game will help him out?