PDA

View Full Version : Corey Lynch Accepts Invite to Texas Game

smallcollegefbfan
January 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
He is playing in the Texas vs. Nation game and will play for the nation team.

appfan2008
January 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
when does that game happen?

id like to watch that game

smallcollegefbfan
January 20th, 2008, 01:47 PM
He and Kerry Brown are both in it. www.texasvsthenation.com is the link for the game. Players arrive a week from today and the game a week from when they arrive in El Paso.

HighRyder08
January 22nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
its about time he got an invite... i was getting worried that he wasnt going to be playing in any all-star games

Eaglesrus
January 22nd, 2008, 08:21 PM
Jayson Foster is on the Texas roster for that game. I know he played one game in Texas, but it seems a stretch for him to be on that side based on one game!

grizband
January 22nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
Congrats to Corey Lycnh! Honestly, I didn't know much about him before this season, but I quickly became educated for his penchant to come up in big games (see App and Michigan)!

HighRyder08
January 22nd, 2008, 10:28 PM
do you guys think he will get picked up anywhere in the draft?

AshevilleApp2
January 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
He is playing in the Texas vs. Nation game and will play for the nation team.

I thought he spent the last four years playing for the nations team.xnodx

AshevilleApp2
January 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM

He won't get drafted. The NFL seems to emphasize size and forty yard dash times to much for that to happen. I think he'll get a chance as a free agent the same way Jason Hunter and Marques Murrell did. I do think he'll make an NFL team because he flat knows how to play football.

psc2445
January 23rd, 2008, 08:52 PM

I may get blasted by my gold colored glasses collegues, but I don't think he is a very good tackler. He is a great player who always seems to be in the right place at the right time which is a great quality to have, however i believe scouts watching enough game film will expose his poor tackling. I hope he gets a chance to showcase his skills. i am rooting for him, but I also feel I am a good judge of football skills and this is an area he needs marked improvement.

AppGrad06
January 24th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I may get blasted by my gold colored glasses collegues, but I don't think he is a very good tackler. He is a great player who always seems to be in the right place at the right time which is a great quality to have, however i believe scouts watching enough game film will expose his poor tackling. I hope he gets a chance to showcase his skills. i am rooting for him, but I also feel I am a good judge of football skills and this is an area he needs marked improvement.

I have heard others say the same thing, but I have to disagree. People say he just tries to knock people down rather than wrap them up but that just isn't what I see in the game footage. Yes most of the people he tackles end up flattened but must of the time he's not just putting the shoulder to them. If you watch closely he gets his arms around guy but is run full out and ends of freight training them. There are other time when he is chasing people down from across the field when he will settle for a push-out or tripping them up, but at that point he is the last line of defense and you take what you can get.

hapapp
January 26th, 2008, 09:34 AM

Corey is a big play guy. I do think, however, he has shown an inability at times to make the head on tackle. Corey may be one of those great college players because of his instinct, intellect, and desire. That may not be enough to make it as a pro.