PDA

View Full Version : Draft Preview on Every Top FCS Player

Gater
January 18th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Not sure if this site has been posted before but you can get a ton of info without being a member.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/index.php

Peems
January 18th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Right on the front page of the website was a link to Dexter Jackson: here is some of the excerpts

18/08 - Dexter Jackson became the face of Appalachian State's stunning win at Michigan when he appeared on the cover of a national sports magazine the week after the victory. Thanks to that win, he benefited from the type of publicity players from the Football Championship Subdivision rarely see. Despite the notice, the small school player is likely a long shot to be chosen in the NFL draft. Jackson is in Houston this week showing off his skills in preparation for Saturday's East-West Shrine game. The speedy receiver's performance in practice has made him the darling of the group. "Everyone is talking about him," East team coach Dick Vermeil said. "I think he's lighting it up. He's just jumped out at me." Jackson knows his chances of being drafted aren't great. Corey Hall, who was chosen in the seventh round by the Falcons in 2001, is the only player from Appalachian State drafted this decade. Instead of focusing on that, he could contemplate the success of another former Mountaineer who shares his first name. Dexter Coakley was drafted in the third round in 1997 and the linebacker played 10 seasons for the Cowboys and the Rams. "I've always been told to stay focused and don't worry about being at a little school, just worry about you," Jackson said. "It's all about you and any ballclub that needs what you have, they'll get you." - AP Sports

ERASU2113
January 20th, 2008, 07:57 PM
A lot of NFL teams came to scout him after Michigan. Off the top of my head I saw the Giants and Vikings both there looking at him

smallcollegefbfan
January 20th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I am hearing 3rd-5th round on DJ. He had a invite to the Texas vs. Nation game too but he is training for the combine. ASU will have Brown and Lynch there, though.