PDA

View Full Version : Best Player lost to the Portal or as a transfer?

UpstateBison
June 26th, 2024, 08:36 PM
For NDSU, Jabril Cox. Let us know your thoughts for your team. This past year, Eli Green. However, if we can’t replace a 6’1” 180 lb wide receiver, that is on our staff. Not the portal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DFW HOYA
June 26th, 2024, 09:09 PM
For Georgetown, it was DL Mateen Ibirogba, now at Wake Forest. Georgetown usually can't get anyone from the portal, so it's a direct loss.

https://godeacs.com/sports/football/roster/mateen-ibirogba/8065

MUHAWKS
June 26th, 2024, 09:16 PM
For Monmouth- we got demolished - Cannot Count Shirden as he left early for the NFL, so would be 1st team All American WR Dymere Miller who is now with Rutgers.

Tribe4SF
June 27th, 2024, 05:28 AM
For W&M it was John Pius. All-American Edge who is projected All-BIG for Wisconsin.

Go Green
June 27th, 2024, 05:42 AM
Ethan Sipe for Dartmouth.

Virginia Football | Ethan Sipe (virginiasports.com) (https://virginiasports.com/player/ethan-sipe/)

Since 2000, we've lost guys to BCS teams (and elsewhere) every year. Should be interesting to see if the exodus continues next year now that the COVID years have finished.

Wolffan
June 27th, 2024, 06:28 AM
This is a bit nuanced but outstanding QB Matt Sluka COULD have arranged his academic schedule to return a 5th (Covid year) season to Holy Cross but instead hit the portal, graduated from Holy Cross , and was picked up by UNLV.

(I write nuanced because I'm not sure guys who hit the portal and depart after graduating (as Sluka did) are in the same category as guys who hit the portal and depart without graduating.)

As one of the very top players in FCS, this was a huge blow to Holy Cross.

Over the last four years several very impactful Holy Cross football players have arranged their academic schedules to return for a 5th (Covid year) season at Holy Cross prior to graduation.

Uncle Rico
June 27th, 2024, 06:41 AM
This was before the portal days, but Andrew Van Ginkel for USD. I believe he was an All-American DE/OLB as a freshman, or possibly just the freshman All-American team. Regardless, he transferred to Iowa Western JUCO and had a bunch of B1G offers before he ever attended a practice there. Ended up at Wisconsin and has built a nice career in the league. God I miss the days when players had to go JUCO or give up a year of eligibility to transfer up a division. It made players really think about the decision instead of just testing the waters every year.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

SFA 93
June 27th, 2024, 09:22 AM
SFA players that transferred out to start at FBS schools

OL: Justice Guillory (North Texas)
DL: Brandon Lane (Wisconsin)
OL: Daniel Keys (Louisiana Tech)
DB: Myles Heard (Louisiana Tech)
LB: Brevin Randle (Louisiana Tech)
DL: Dennis Osagiede (Liberty)
DB: Myles Brooks (Louisiana Tech)
WR: Darryle Simmons (Marshall)
DB: Willie Roberts (Louisiana Tech)
DB: Ja'Terious Evans (Louisiana-Monroe)
DL: Caleb Fox (TCU)
RB: Loren Easly (North Texas)
QB: Skyler Howard (West Virginia)

MSUBobcat
June 27th, 2024, 11:19 AM
This was before the portal days, but Andrew Van Ginkel for USD. I believe he was an All-American DE/OLB as a freshman, or possibly just the freshman All-American team. Regardless, he transferred to Iowa Western JUCO and had a bunch of B1G offers before he ever attended a practice there. Ended up at Wisconsin and has built a nice career in the league. God I miss the days when players had to go JUCO or give up a year of eligibility to transfer up a division. It made players really think about the decision instead of just testing the waters every year.

I think you are doing these wrong......

Uncle Rico
June 27th, 2024, 11:24 AM
I think you are doing these wrong......Probably. I suck.

KPSUL
June 27th, 2024, 11:27 AM
Max Brosmer, New Hampshire QB. Barring injury, Max will be starting QB for Minnesota. Max was already a grad student at UNH during the 2023 season but had one year of eligibility remaining.

MSUBobcat
June 27th, 2024, 11:50 AM
Probably. I suck.

I could definitely be wrong, but I assumed they were asking about this off-season's transfer gains and losses. Looking at the OP though, perhaps it's both. xchinscratchx

kdinva
June 27th, 2024, 12:08 PM
VMI lost one underclassmen starter: WR Isiaiah Lemmond.

Tribe4SF
June 27th, 2024, 12:11 PM
VMI lost one underclassmen starter: WR Isiaiah Lemmond.

And he is one of the better ones the Tribe picked up. He had an excellent spring.

wcugrad95
June 27th, 2024, 12:47 PM
WCU lost our OC (Kade Bell), top RB (Reid), and one of our top WRs (Lee) that ALL 3 are now at Pitt.

FUBeAR
June 27th, 2024, 12:55 PM
WCU lost our OC (Kade Bell), top RB (Reid), and one of our top WRs (Lee) that ALL 3 are now at Pitt.
So, they left a pit to go to Pitt?
xsmiley_wix

bulldog10jw
June 27th, 2024, 02:29 PM
For Yale, DE Ezekiel Larry announced that he entered the transfer portal on April 12th. He chose SDSU

He was a sophomore and was great the second half of the season, especially against Princeton and Harvard.

KPSUL
June 27th, 2024, 05:46 PM
For Yale, DE Ezekiel Larry announced that he entered the transfer portal on April 12th. He chose SDSU

He was a sophomore and was great the second half of the season, especially against Princeton and Harvard.

That one makes me think there was some back channel negotiation going on pre-portal.

bulldog10jw
June 28th, 2024, 11:20 AM
That one makes me think there was some back channel negotiation going on pre-portal.

His thoughts

(https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/yale-transfer-ezekiel-larry-is-super-excited-about-sdsu-offer/)https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/yale-transfer-ezekiel-larry-is-super-excited-about-sdsu-offer/

Milktruck74
June 28th, 2024, 12:40 PM
For Chattanooga the obvious pick is WR Jamoi Mayes who had 62 catches for over 1000 yards and 4 TDs last year. HE went to UAB for the Spring, and now is at Cincinnati. HE looks to be the big loss, but the WR room is full of talent, so his departure won't be a huge miss, someone else will step up and get his catches. Whatley and Phillips combined for 115 catches for 1700 yards and 13 TDs...and Whatley actually had the longest reception that Bama gave up all year.

So, I say all this to set up my argument that losing OL Collin Truitt to KSU is in my opinion a much more significant loss than Mayes. HE was a consistent anchor of the right side of the line. His departure will be more difficult to overcome, especially in an OL room that is pretty young and needs leadership. The first five are very talented, and the mocs should be fine there, but the lack of his leadership and the depth will hurt.