PDA

View Full Version : Potentially Good News For FCS on House settlement!!!

DawgNDuckfan
June 21st, 2024, 12:03 AM
Check it out guys!!!!
https://apnews.com/article/ncaa-division-i-model-00b192e0c08f8011431dd9cc46b628af?utm_campaign=True Anthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

bonarae
June 21st, 2024, 12:19 AM
Great read. At least some FCS programs are proactive in some way... xprayx

McCowboys
June 21st, 2024, 10:19 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2024/06/20/ncaa-settlement-athletes-revenue-sharing-challenged/74163501007/

Lawyers for Houston Christian University (HCU), a member of the Football Championship Subdivision’s Southland Conference, wrote in their bid to intervene: “The proposed settlement will adversely affect HCU. None of the parties, particularly the Defendants, has consulted with — much less taken any step to protect — HCU’s interests. Neither HCU nor its conference were parties to this litigation, had a seat at the negotiating table, or had any input into any resolution of this matter, including the proposed settlement.”

Outsider1
June 21st, 2024, 03:09 PM
This is a very important initiative that is student athlete led and looks to protect student athletes, while still giving them opportunities to collect compensation. It seems to bring a more balanced approach to the future of college sports. Let the big boys break away, they have not been involved in the care, concern or education of their athletes for a long time. It doesn't surprise me that our own Anthony Egbo Jr. is a leading voice in this. He has been a spiritual leader for the team for years, as well as one of our top athletes on the field. He has been able to take advantage of NIL deals locally, play well and maintain high academic standards. If others like him are involved, then I look forward to seeing how this moves forward. There is a better way than what the CFP/P5 are doing.

ElCid
June 21st, 2024, 07:40 PM
Good. Sue the crap out of them. Good on HCU.

Pards Rule
June 22nd, 2024, 05:52 AM
This is a very important initiative that is student athlete led and looks to protect student athletes, while still giving them opportunities to collect compensation. It seems to bring a more balanced approach to the future of college sports. Let the big boys break away, they have not been involved in the care, concern or education of their athletes for a long time. It doesn't surprise me that our own Anthony Egbo Jr. is a leading voice in this. He has been a spiritual leader for the team for years, as well as one of our top athletes on the field. He has been able to take advantage of NIL deals locally, play well and maintain high academic standards. If others like him are involved, then I look forward to seeing how this moves forward. There is a better way than what the CFP/P5 are doing.

Good deal sir. I always fondly recollect Wilbert Montgomery from ACU as I still am an Eagles fan.