PDA

View Full Version : RANDOM POST- THANK YOU TO AGS

MUHAWKS
June 16th, 2024, 11:29 PM
Just want to say thank you to the people on this site. I am not drunk or troubled or depressed or anything- but I do deal with a terrible amount of anxiety that at times can be crippling. I have dealt with addictions, anger problems and just general fears about life. FCS Football and in particular my Monmouth Hawk Family has been one of the most rewarding parts of my life, both as a player and now alumni. This site has given me a greater avenue to express that passion and develop "friends" even though most I will never meet. I did get the chance to meet KPSUL this past season and hope in the future to meet more folks, who like me have one of the "good" addictions- FCS FOOTBALL. Saddens me a bit to see Delaware go as Caribbean Hen is one of my faves and even though I have busted balls, Chicken is the man. But in all seriousness, this site has meant a lot to me and I wanted to give thanks to those that make this such a great venue. Hope everyone has a solid and healthy Summer and I am looking forward to the real banter in about 2 months or so.

The Boogie Down
June 17th, 2024, 01:45 AM
Reads more like a Thanksgiving post than Father's Day but great write-up all the same. This is a mostly nice and mostly intelligent group when it comes to the FCS so I'm thankful too! Good job mods and hope all the dads out their had good ones :)

Milktruck74
June 17th, 2024, 07:13 AM
Having battled some depression and anxiety in the past (and still an occasional bout)...I had to kind of snicker at the second line....."I am not drunk or troubled or depressed or anything".... On the occasion that I write my wife a note that has any emotion in it whatsoever, I pretty much start with the same line. "Don't worry, I am OK, but I wanted to say...."

These battles are real and impact so many more folks than we will ever know, and thanks for being vulnerable enough to share, you never know who you may have helped, but I assure you someone read this that needed to know they are not alone!!! Keep Fighting the fight!

caribbeanhen
June 17th, 2024, 07:19 AM
Just want to say thank you to the people on this site. I am not drunk or troubled or depressed or anything- but I do deal with a terrible amount of anxiety that at times can be crippling. I have dealt with addictions, anger problems and just general fears about life. FCS Football and in particular my Monmouth Hawk Family has been one of the most rewarding parts of my life, both as a player and now alumni. This site has given me a greater avenue to express that passion and develop "friends" even though most I will never meet. I did get the chance to meet KPSUL this past season and hope in the future to meet more folks, who like me have one of the "good" addictions- FCS FOOTBALL. Saddens me a bit to see Delaware go as Caribbean Hen is one of my faves and even though I have busted balls, Chicken is the man. But in all seriousness, this site has meant a lot to me and I wanted to give thanks to those that make this such a great venue. Hope everyone has a solid and healthy Summer and I am looking forward to the real banter in about 2 months or so.

Love the passion MUHAWKS and AGS could definitely use more like you

MUHAWKS
June 17th, 2024, 11:02 AM
Having battled some depression and anxiety in the past (and still an occasional bout)...I had to kind of snicker at the second line....."I am not drunk or troubled or depressed or anything".... On the occasion that I write my wife a note that has any emotion in it whatsoever, I pretty much start with the same line. "Don't worry, I am OK, but I wanted to say...."

These battles are real and impact so many more folks than we will ever know, and thanks for being vulnerable enough to share, you never know who you may have helped, but I assure you someone read this that needed to know they are not alone!!! Keep Fighting the fight!

absolutely hilarious! because it is so true.. LOL

MUHAWKS
June 17th, 2024, 11:04 AM
Reads more like a Thanksgiving post than Father's Day but great write-up all the same. This is a mostly nice and mostly intelligent group when it comes to the FCS so I'm thankful too! Good job mods and hope all the dads out their had good ones :)

also hilarious- lol "give thanks"

KPSUL
June 17th, 2024, 04:38 PM

I really enjoyed meeting you my friend and appreciate the hospitality when I attended the UNH game at Monmouth last season. Let me know if you plan to come up to NH for the Monmouth game in November. It's always been a positive experience when I've met AGS members at away games, it's probably something that we all should try to do more frequently. There's really not that many people out there that really understand and follow FCS college football.

Pards Rule
June 19th, 2024, 11:18 AM
I really enjoyed meeting you my friend and appreciate the hospitality when I attended the UNH game at Monmouth last season. Let me know if you plan to come up to NH for the Monmouth game in November. It's always been a positive experience when I've met AGS members at away games, it's probably something that we all should try to do more frequently. There's really not that many people out there that really understand and follow FCS college football.

And so enjoyed our meeting at UNH in 2013 and in Easton 2021. Look forward to another Durham trip! Microtel Inn in Rochester NH here i come again!

Bill
June 19th, 2024, 11:23 AM
And so enjoyed our meeting at UNH in 2013 and in Easton 2021. Look forward to another Durham trip! Microtel Inn in Rochester NH here i come again!

Be careful of waking up that bear. Please tread lightlyxlolx

Pards Rule
June 19th, 2024, 11:34 AM
Hawks we can meet up at Kessler this year? Let me know my friend!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2024, 04:21 PM

That is a great post and I agree with you. This place runs on content and experiences provided by members with vastly different experiences. It is and always has been a great place to read and even as a lever to get together for so many of us. I really like your perspective on it all.

The Boogie Down
June 19th, 2024, 05:00 PM
Be careful of waking up that bear. Please tread lightlyxlolx

Ohhh boyyy... xshhhx

MUHAWKS
June 20th, 2024, 12:36 AM

Thanks pal- I HATE to sound like a fair weather fan b/c I am anything but... BUT with that said, if we are not in any sort of contention (that game is week 10) I am probably doubtful for that trip, although not out of the question. If we are in contention I cannot see myself not there. When I had my longtime girlfriend it was easier to justify these trips that had no game meaning as it gave us a chance to see different parts of the country and explore different dining experiences and what not but as I get older and the body starts to wear down these long solo car rides take so much out of me as sad as it sounds. We shall see!! No clue what to expect but we need some dudes to step up to fill shoes that still did not get us close to real contention. UNH will not have to try and defend Dymere Miller this year! Likewise, we will not have to deal with laube!

MUHAWKS
June 20th, 2024, 12:45 AM
Hawks we can meet up at Kessler this year? Let me know my friend!

Home opener for us and payback time I hope! You will be coming off an FBS game and us off a trip to Eastern Washington. I am already nervous about Jamar Curtis. Should be one of the rare "well attended" games at Kessler due to home opener, The Pards being good, close in proximity and a good NJ player/alum base.

Of course we can meet up, I will most likely be there by sunrise! I am half joking, but at times over the years I have stayed over Friday night and driven to the beach for sunrise. Really therapeutic! We will no doubt be in touch before that game and we will meet up.

KPSUL
June 20th, 2024, 03:53 PM
Thanks pal- I HATE to sound like a fair weather fan b/c I am anything but... BUT with that said, if we are not in any sort of contention (that game is week 10) I am probably doubtful for that trip, although not out of the question. If we are in contention I cannot see myself not there. When I had my longtime girlfriend it was easier to justify these trips that had no game meaning as it gave us a chance to see different parts of the country and explore different dining experiences and what not but as I get older and the body starts to wear down these long solo car rides take so much out of me as sad as it sounds. We shall see!! No clue what to expect but we need some dudes to step up to fill shoes that still did not get us close to real contention. UNH will not have to try and defend Dymere Miller this year! Likewise, we will not have to deal with laube!

Both teams have some holes to fill, and it is always hard to determine who in the CAA will be in contention towards the end of the season. So we'll see what develops.