PDA

View Full Version : 45 minutes with John Troxell

Pards Rule
June 3rd, 2024, 10:38 AM
Where else but in 1-AA (Im sorry NOT calling it FCS anymore as FBS is going to a playoff format) and Lafayette can you sit down on Chi Phi open house porch and have a good visit! This was Reunion Weekend at Lafayette College...I am class of 1984 and John 1994.

Highlights:
1) John of course was excited about the record and turnaround but did mention that four games were close that could have gone the other way.
2) Hes very excited about a "Mark Ross" type WR coming from my niece and nephew alma mater Ocean City NJ HS, one Jon Moyer who also played defensive back, and did some punting and backup QB. 6-3 190!
3) Army is off the schedule in 2025 because they joined a conference ( I cant recall as I dont follow the musical conferences or D1 in general) but we are awaiting a D1 team to sign off on that mid Oct 2025
4) Hes beyond aware of the need for the LB play and certainly misses Schaffer and Olivas.
5) He did apply for the slot but wasnt interviewed when Garrett was hired Dec. 2016 but has of course no hard feelings

MR. CHICKEN
June 3rd, 2024, 11:56 AM
.......CHEER UP SPOTS!....LINDY'S HAS LEOPARDS @ # 14....IN TOP 25.....xbowx.....AWK!

Go...gate
June 4th, 2024, 01:13 AM
Lafayette looking strong for 2024.......

Pards Rule
June 4th, 2024, 05:34 AM
.......CHEER UP SPOTS!....LINDY'S HAS LEOPARDS @ # 14....IN TOP 25.....xbowx.....AWK!

Mr Chicken..yes! BRAWWWKKK! I also spent time with my good friend UD VP of Dev and Alunmi Affairs this past weekend, Jim Dicker, Lafayette class of 1985 (married to my classmate of 1984 Mandy). Once a leopard, always a leopard!

Lehigh Football Nation
June 5th, 2024, 06:25 PM
This is how I learn about this?
https://x.com/FBSchedules/status/1798438736600138062

Pards Rule
June 6th, 2024, 06:34 PM
LFN -
No I scooped them in my post. Stay tuned for a MAJOR announcement on replacement game. Lafayette has signed off on it but await them, MAJOR! Farthest west game ever for Pards!

Pard4Life
June 6th, 2024, 08:32 PM
LFN -
No I scooped them in my post. Stay tuned for a MAJOR announcement on replacement game. Lafayette has signed off on it but await them, MAJOR! Farthest west game ever for Pards!

Stanford?? Colgate played them...

Pard4Life
June 6th, 2024, 08:33 PM
LFN -

LOL Brilliant! Pards Rule AGS operative... Quoted as the source for I-A scheduling news... frame that and put in your signature!

Pard4Life
June 6th, 2024, 08:35 PM

I am skeptical... at best, we are 20-25. We have many questions. But, cool, I guess...

MR. CHICKEN
June 6th, 2024, 09:50 PM
I am skeptical... at best, we are 20-25. We have many questions. But, cool, I guess...

....RELAX LEOPARD.....LINDY'S......ALSO..... HAS YOUR....RB JAMAR CURTIS.....ON THEIR.....ALL 2024 FCS Ist TEAM............BRAWK!

Pards Rule
June 7th, 2024, 08:11 AM

LOL...my error LFN...I didnt open it! DUH! OMG a classic. What non Twitter user gets quoted on Twitter!!

Pards Rule
June 7th, 2024, 08:15 AM
LOL Brilliant! Pards Rule AGS operative... Quoted as the source for I-A scheduling news... frame that and put in your signature!

LOVE! LOL! Not Stanford. NO PL football has ever played them (not sure of other sports but prob not)...Trying to think of some other clues. Stay tuned

Bill
June 7th, 2024, 06:55 PM
LOVE! LOL! Not Stanford. NO PL football has ever played them (not sure of other sports but prob not)...Trying to think of some other clues. Stay tuned

Well, at least if it's not Stanford the Pards won't have to travel that far west for one of those Atlantic Coast Conference teams xlolx

bonarae
June 7th, 2024, 10:21 PM
LFN -

For 2025? Fingers crossed on that.

Pards Rule
June 10th, 2024, 08:57 AM
For 2025? Fingers crossed on that.

Yes sir. BTW Coach told me after the Duke game (which I drove 9 hours to and back last Sept) and witnessed three bad calls against us that apparently ACC commentators were saying bad too (we wouldnt have won but would have prob made margin 7 to 10 pts closer) ACC called him the next day to say they SUSPENDED THAT CREW!

Pards Rule
June 10th, 2024, 09:03 AM
Biggest westernmost city in continguous US with a population more than 50K

DFW HOYA
June 10th, 2024, 09:08 AM
Houston

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_area

Bill
June 10th, 2024, 02:34 PM
Houston

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_area

DFW....so Rice ? Thinking about the academics lining up and all that...

DFW HOYA
June 10th, 2024, 06:19 PM
DFW....so Rice ? Thinking about the academics lining up and all that...

Unless it's Houston Christian:

https://twitter.com/cameroncadeeeee/status/1666901695912108034

Pards Rule
June 10th, 2024, 07:16 PM
Note - recall we did very well at a game I attended in Colorado Springs vs Air Force in Sept 2021. So that is our furthest west. So a small city with just over 50K..Westernmost city of at least 50K population

IslandPard
June 14th, 2024, 02:40 PM
Biggest westernmost city in continguous US with a population more than 50K

Oregon State? If so, odd pick up. I hope the $$$ is good!

Pard4Life
June 14th, 2024, 08:37 PM
Oregon State? If so, odd pick up. I hope the $$$ is good!

I think Oregon State needs the money from us!! Well Pards Rule burst my bubble... it ain't Hawaii

Pards Rule
June 19th, 2024, 11:26 AM
Damn Island Pard you beat me to it! I was just going to post another very substantial clue that I learned about on Monday...that the Lafayette Leopards have already played in the state this year! Yes I stumbled on the fact our baseball team went to Eugene to play Oregon Ducks (and lost 17-3). Yes we have approved it on our end vs OSU and await them. 600K. HOWEVER, as Leopard fan Bill Tucker (who I saw at reunion because his wife Barb Tucker is my class of 1984) correctly points out probably the game gets dumped if OSU joins a conference beside PAC 2...Corvallis, OR is the answer to my trivia question. Be great to be back in OR first time since 2003. I would have visited my very good Bobcat alum and fan Ron Holm who worked as the Oil Company National Accts Mgr for Hanna Car Wash Systems based in Portland as he lived out there in Canby but sadly he passed in 2018. He would have come to the game as we always spoke 1AA football on phone and in person when I was out there for distributor conferences. AND (as Warner Wolf would intone) Jim Dicker was at the reunion as his wife Mandy also my class. Jim is now Director of Development and Alumni Relations at Delaware. Good friend.

Pards Rule
June 19th, 2024, 11:30 AM
Coach Troxell very high on an Ocean City NJ Red Raider named Jon Moyer - 6'3" WR - who is coming to Easton. Reminds me of Mark Ross.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 19th, 2024, 12:56 PM
Coach Troxell very high on an Ocean City NJ Red Raider named Jon Moyer - 6'3" WR - who is coming to Easton. Reminds me of Mark Ross.

With that size Phil Yarberough comes to mind!

Pards Rule
June 19th, 2024, 05:52 PM
With that size Phil Yarberough comes to mind!

True that

IslandPard
June 25th, 2024, 12:20 PM
Damn Island Pard you beat me to it! I was just going to post another very substantial clue that I learned about on Monday...that the Lafayette Leopards have already played in the state this year! Yes I stumbled on the fact our baseball team went to Eugene to play Oregon Ducks (and lost 17-3). Yes we have approved it on our end vs OSU and await them. 600K. HOWEVER, as Leopard fan Bill Tucker (who I saw at reunion because his wife Barb Tucker is my class of 1984) correctly points out probably the game gets dumped if OSU joins a conference beside PAC 2...Corvallis, OR is the answer to my trivia question. Be great to be back in OR first time since 2003. I would have visited my very good Bobcat alum and fan Ron Holm who worked as the Oil Company National Accts Mgr for Hanna Car Wash Systems based in Portland as he lived out there in Canby but sadly he passed in 2018. He would have come to the game as we always spoke 1AA football on phone and in person when I was out there for distributor conferences. AND (as Warner Wolf would intone) Jim Dicker was at the reunion as his wife Mandy also my class. Jim is now Director of Development and Alumni Relations at Delaware. Good friend.

The Google is strong with this one! A couple of rounds at Bandon would be a nice finish to a trip to Corvallis.

Pards Rule
June 26th, 2024, 09:33 AM
The Google is strong with this one! A couple of rounds at Bandon would be a nice finish to a trip to Corvallis.

Sounds like a plan! Im going if it happens...Going to Buffalo and next year Bowling Green and hopefully OSU. I am committed to going to all the Div 1 games (we need to change venacular cause FBS is doing playoffs so Im going back to D1 and 1AA). Coach Troxell called me out of blue the other day. Where else but 1AA can you get that!!!???