PDA

View Full Version : Texas State versus Texas A & M

Cat79
September 18th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Here comes our shot at a I-A team. Texas A & M pummeled SMU 66-8 yesterday. Texas A & M has Baylor scheduled the week after we play them (Baylor upset them last year). We hope they are overlooking us.

We will arrive at Kyle Field wearing gold shirts against their sea of maroon shirts. We hope to send our team a message that we are there supporting them. Show the Cats the gold!!

Go Texas State!! Go Cats!!

blackfordpu
September 18th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Here comes our shot at a I-A team. Texas A & M pummeled SMU 66-8 yesterday. Texas A & M has Baylor scheduled the week after we play them (Baylor upset them last year). We hope they are overlooking us.

We will arrive at Kyle Field wearing gold shirts against their sea of maroon shirts. We hope to send our team a message that we are there supporting them. Show the Cats the gold!!

Hope you fair better than we did against Tech. Good luck.

txstatebobcat
September 18th, 2005, 11:43 AM
If we can get our running game going against them I think we will do ok. Otherwise were in for a long game.

TXST_CAT
September 18th, 2005, 12:48 PM
A good showing will rest on the hands of our Defense. I think we have a D line that should fare well against the A&M run, but the DB's are going to have a challenge on their hands. If our D line can get into their back field and force McNeil to feel pressure we may have a chance to give them a game. As for our offense I think we have enough talent to get the ball moving I just hope we can get enough possessions to make something happen.

Dallas Demon
September 18th, 2005, 05:23 PM

Good luck, you're going to need it. I listened to part of the A&M/SMU game and there were almost 90,000 screaming Aggies ALL during the game. You could barely hear the radio broadcast when SMU had the ball. :eek:

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2005, 05:42 PM
SMU is a better ballclub than the Bobcats...

However, I don't think it will get out of hand as much, though the Aggies will come out strong and no doubt get their 50 points...

TxSt02
September 18th, 2005, 09:53 PM
aTm is a better squad than Tech but we wont lose by as much... Leach and Tech are classless!

AgentOrange
September 18th, 2005, 10:28 PM
aTm is a better squad than Tech but we wont lose by as much... Leach and Tech are classless!
I hear you on that one!

blackfordpu
September 18th, 2005, 10:32 PM
A good showing will rest on the hands of our Defense. I think we have a D line that should fare well against the A&M run, but the DB's are going to have a challenge on their hands. If our D line can get into their back field and force McNeil to feel pressure we may have a chance to give them a game. As for our offense I think we have enough talent to get the ball moving I just hope we can get enough possessions to make something happen.

Unfortuatly I don't think McNeil feels pressure. He is so athletic and mobile if you rush him he just runs around the corner for a 20 yard gain. Good luck containing him.

exbearkat
September 19th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Since the subject of McNeil has come up I wanted to get some confirmation on something. I have heard TV announcers/media on more than one occasion refer to Reggie as being "arguably the fastest player in college football." Granted, the kid is a "freak", but the FASTEST player in the Nation? Could he be faster than #7 (name escapes me at the moment) from Ohio State? Somebody please fill me in on this claim...

Good luck Bobcats! Hope you represent the Southland better than the Kats did this past weekend! :(

TexasTerror
September 19th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Could he be faster than #7 (name escapes me at the moment) from Ohio State? Somebody please fill me in on this claim...

You referring to Ginn?

Cat79
September 19th, 2005, 08:54 AM
exbearkat,

Did you guys get into any scuffles with the Red Raider fans?

We will need to play a complete game against A & M. I hope they are looking past us. We should have a nice crowd like Baylor. I think we had around 3,500-4,500 fans at Baylor in 2004.