87 Brent Miller Arizona St. TE
89 Adam Bishop Nevada H-back
93 Martail Burnett Utah DE
94 Gabe Long Utah DT
95 Nick Osborn San Diego St. DE
97 Jason Shirley Fresno State DT

smallcollegefbfan
January 9th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I have heard about 65-80 scouts are out there.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 9th, 2008, 08:12 AM
Is it just me or did the 1st I saw roster have more FCS players on it.

Benne
January 9th, 2008, 11:37 AM
I want to see that Danny Woodhead play.

smallcollegefbfan
January 9th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I want to see that Danny Woodhead play.

He is good. I have seen him play about 4-5 times and while he is a great D2 player, I don't see him getting drafted. He gets away with a lot of things in D2 that you don't get away with in the NFL.

Benne
January 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Besides being 5'7'' 200lbs?

smallcollegefbfan
January 9th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Besides being 5'7'' 200lbs?

Jayson Foster is 5'7 but I think he will get a legit look. Woodhead just doesn't have quite the speed Foster does and he hasn't been as versatile. Plus D2 doesn't have the competition the FCS does. Just like it is much tougher for a 5'7 player in the FCS to get looks over a 5'7 FBS player.

OB55
January 10th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Jayson Foster is 5'7 but I think he will get a legit look. Woodhead just doesn't have quite the speed Foster does and he hasn't been as versatile. Plus D2 doesn't have the competition the FCS does. Just like it is much tougher for a 5'7 player in the FCS to get looks over a 5'7 FBS player.

Woodhead ran all over the two FCS teams he played against. With only 4.41 speed though, every team has guys much faster than that, especially down south. xrolleyesx

xcoffeex

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Woodhead ran all over the two FCS teams he played against. With only 4.41 speed though, every team has guys much faster than that, especially down south. xrolleyesx

xcoffeex

Very true but those teams had not seen him before. He is the type of player who will shine against small schools but would probably have a harder time against the SEC, ACC, etc.

putter
January 10th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I think Woodhead could get a shot as a special teams player. He has good speed and could be one of those guys that excells going out and hitting people.

OB55
January 12th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I see the Hula bowl will be broadcast on Dish channel 9468 HD.

Looking forward to see if they give the guy a chance to play, I know he can perform, seen him live nearly 40 times.

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing if Danny Woodhead can compete with the other players there as well. I was looking at the stuff at http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ and it doesn't have him in the range of players likely to be drafted. Has him rated as the 36th running back. But it does list his 40 yard time as one of the better ones. About like McFadden's (4.42 vs. Woodhead's 4.43).

If he's really only 5'7" and 195 pounds he should be a bowling ball.

OB55
January 12th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing if Danny Woodhead can compete with the other players there as well. I was looking at the stuff at http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ and it doesn't have him in the range of players likely to be drafted. Has him rated as the 36th running back. But it does list his 40 yard time as one of the better ones. About like McFadden's (4.42 vs. Woodhead's 4.43).

If he's really only 5'7" and 195 pounds he should be a bowling ball.

Actually John, the 5'7" may be a stretch, but he carried 200 - 205 pounds very well last season, his legs are incredible, and is a physical specimen overall. I think he can play with anybody, has great balance, instincts and deceiving power. Put him behind a great O-line and nobody on defense will find him until they are looking at the back of his jersey, and then, it is too late. xnodx

OB55
January 12th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Follow this link for an article of mighty mite Danny Woodhead at the Hula Bowl;

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/63533/?tf=sports_generic_article2.tpl

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think that was Brian Smith that just made the tackle on that kickoff return after the East went up 14-0. Showed really good speed. I think he may have prevented a TD too. Won't know till I watch the DVR because they didn't replay it. Or if they did I was looking away.

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Good play by Smith on the swing pass but doesn't even get his name mentioned on the tackle. Instead, they talked about how great the guy from Minnesota who couldn't beat him in the open field is.

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Good job by Hocker.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I have to think Santos will be the east QB for the 3rd quarter.....I can't wait!xnodx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I have to think Santos will be the east QB for the 3rd quarter.....I can't wait!xnodx

He is! Underthrew a flea flicker but lucked out when the defender tipped the ball into the receiver's hands. After that he had two throws that the announcers said should have been caught. Either one would have been a TD.

Loved the comment after a fake "is that Ricky Santos or Doug Flutie"!!!

East just recovered another West fumble so we'll see more Ricky!!

Shoot, bad handoff and a fumble.

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Gardner Webb guy good play.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I now hate both Pitt and Maryland.......CATCH THE BALL

Not great on the hand off

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I now hate both Pitt and Maryland.......CATCH THE BALL

Not great on the hand off

Maybe we'll get to root against the former in 2009? xconfusedx Have you heard that rumor?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I love it. Ricky comes in and they run a flea flicker, fake an end around, etc. Just like back home, open up the play book!!! :D

FWIW, it looked like a decent block that Ricky threw on that fake end around.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe we'll get to root against the former in 2009? xconfusedx Have you heard that rumor?

I have heard that for a couple of seasons now

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Before I forget, the WR from Duquesne had a couple of excellent catches late in the 2nd quarter, one for a TD with excellent body positioning.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ricky leads the East down the field on a long drive after a West TD, then on third and goal he gets picked at the goal line. He followed it up with excellent pursuit and the tackle of the defender. On the replay the announcers said that Hocker (Duquesne) let the defender get position on him on the route. I couldn't tell if Ricky shouldn't have thrown the ball.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Ok I hate Pitt a little less now.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Let him finish the drive

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
East holds the West. Ricky gets a couple of first downs to end the 3rd Quarter. Will be interesting to see if he gets to finish the drive?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Shoot, he doesn't get to finish the drive!

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:40 PM
There are a lot of unhappy people around here right now

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I hope he gets another shot

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hampton guy makes a play.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Marshell QB now.....Rick should be next

JohnStOnge
January 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM
They haven't given Woodhead much of a chance at all.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Thats another EAST 1st down

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:03 PM
They haven't given Woodhead much of a chance at all.

Very true!

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 08:03 PM
The announcer is a DICK

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Thats another EAST 1st down

Ricky starts deep in his own territory, three first downs so far.

Is there some other game on right now? :p :p :p

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Another fricken drop!!! xmadx xlolx xlolx

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Nice run......Here we go!!!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Ricky doesn't look bad taking the snap under center and dropping back!! xnodx :p

That was a very nice scramble around the right end for a first down by Ricky! xnodx xnodx

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Catch the Ball

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 12th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Nice drive

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Catch the Ball

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TD East!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Didn't faze Ricky though, he just hit a guy on the next play for the first down. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Very nice drive!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
January 12th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I guess I'll go watch that other game now! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

UNHWildCats
January 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM
damn i didnt know the game was last nite.....

OB55
January 13th, 2008, 05:11 PM
damn i didnt know the game was last nite.....

Twas extremely boring.

UNHWildCats
January 13th, 2008, 05:17 PM
kind of a dumb time to play the game when the Patriots were playing.... even if I knew it was on, and had a channel that carried it, not sure I would have passed up the Pats to watch it :p

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 13th, 2008, 05:45 PM
kind of a dumb time to play the game when the Patriots were playing.... even if I knew it was on, and had a channel that carried it, not sure I would have passed up the Pats to watch it :p

i did

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Seems like all of the FCS kids did just fine with and against their FBS brethren. The DE from Gardner Webb was very talented. The Duquesne WR showed very well.

Overall, the WR's from both FBS and FCS were full of drops all night long.

As far as QB's, I thought the (FBS) Marshall QB was among the best athletes on the field. However, if I ever hear another dumb announcer talk up that QB from Tulsa, it will be too soon. He may have a 91 MPH fastball as a pitcher, but he throws change ups on the gridiron. xconfusedx

I thought Santos showed exactly what he has always been know for: extremely accurate (10-17, I think, but suffered from 4 drops -- two of which would have been TD's), tough (see tackle on int), effective running the ball, and great leadership. He managed the two longest drives of the game (after sitting for the entire 1st half) and showed great enthusiasm even when the game was out of hand. Ricky, if the NFL doesn't think your skills far outweigh questions about your arm strength, go to Canada and take D. Ball with you. You will both be heroes for 20 years! xthumbsupx

Nice job last night in Honolulu!!

UNHWildCats
January 13th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Seems like all of the FCS kids did just fine with and against their FBS brethren. The DE from Gardner Webb was very talented. The Duquesne WR showed very well.

Overall, the WR's from both FBS and FCS were full of drops all night long.

As far as QB's, I thought the (FBS) Marshall QB was among the best athletes on the field. However, if I ever hear another dumb announcer talk up that QB from Tulsa, it will be too soon. He may have a 91 MPH fastball as a pitcher, but he throws change ups on the gridiron. xconfusedx

I thought Santos showed exactly what he has always been know for: extremely accurate (10-17, I think, but suffered from 4 drops -- two of which would have been TD's), tough (see tackle on int), effective running the ball, and great leadership. He managed the two longest drives of the game (after sitting for the entire 1st half) and showed great enthusiasm even when the game was out of hand. Ricky, if the NFL doesn't think your skills far outweigh questions about your arm strength, go to Canada and take D. Ball with you. You will both be heroes for 20 years! xthumbsupx

Nice job last night in Honolulu!!

Not to mention helping said canadian team sell merchandise in NH and who knows maybe NESN would get broadcast rights lol

Old Cat Fan
January 14th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Here is a nice write up on Santos in the Hula Bowl game Sat.night, this guy thinks he's a sleeper with a six round choice possible. Also talking about Santos, does anyone else think that he and Tony Romo share the same type of game, every time I watch Dallas and watch Romo play I always ask myself who is a QB that this guy reminds me of and than Santos pops in my head..

http://nfldraftwatch.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/sleeper-watch-ricky-santos/

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 14th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the link

brownbear
January 14th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Anyone know if there is a box score from this game? I haven't been able to find one.

Old Cat Fan
January 14th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Here is the game write up from the same web sight, in which the writer states that he was "most impressed with Santos" and thinks he will be a late rounder, the other link I posted was more of a bio page.
http://nfldraftwatch.wordpress.com/2008/01/13/hula-bowl-recap-aina-38-kai-7/

Smendy
January 14th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Anyone know if there is a box score from this game? I haven't been able to find one.

DD.com linked a Hula Bowl boxscore in their blog -- Sunday Night, perhaps?

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

P.S: I doubt you'll find a box score more complete than that. According to another link over at DD.com, the Hula Bowl is so cash strapped, they didn't even hire a person to keep the official game stats.

ERASU2113
January 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM
It's a shame FCS doesn't get more players into bowls.

Granted I wish more ASU guys were in there. K-Rich, Corey Lynch, and Jerome Touchstone to name a few. However, they lack size but should get a shot to show what they can do other than ASU's pro-day.

It's just a shame FCS doesn't get more chances to shine against the FBS talent that goes. Good luck to the guys that are going.