PDA

View Full Version : Texas Versus The Nation?

Smendy
December 31st, 2007, 09:27 PM
Folks, I've been checking all over for any FCS roster news for the Texas Vs. the Nation all-star game.

http://texasvsthenation.cstv.com/

Last February, it seemed, this game had more small schoolers than the Senior, East-West and Hula Bowl combined!

Any info would be welcome?

TexasTerror
December 31st, 2007, 09:32 PM
They have just begun the accepting of playing process. I've been monitoring that web site for a few weeks and the link for players to accept their invite has just showed up in the last week or two...

Figure we'll see a roster when it's complete, atleast on that web site...

Smendy
December 31st, 2007, 09:35 PM
Thanks Terror, I'll keep looking...

I was just hoping smallcollegeFBfan, or a few others here, had heard some names....I know a few names have slipped onto the blog at draftdaddy.com -- James Banks (Carson Newman), Trevor Scott (Buffalo) and a few others.

appfan2008
December 31st, 2007, 09:49 PM
hope to see some mountaineers in this one...

TexasTerror
December 31st, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'm just hoping they get enough players so that they can actually stick to the TEXAS vs the Nation deal...they had problems last year so they had players from Texas play on the Nation and vice-versa to fill needed holes...

Smendy
December 31st, 2007, 09:58 PM
Yea, I wouldn't mind seeing Corey Lynch and some of the other Appalachian State stars make the roster, but as Texas Terror pointed out, they'll probably skew more towards Southwestern players to round a Texas team....

I hope it's on TV?

TexasTerror
December 31st, 2007, 10:01 PM
Smendy -- if you were checking out the web site, you'd of noticed it's on CSTV. :)

stevdock
January 1st, 2008, 10:01 AM
Joe Mays MLB and Mike Dragosovich P will be playing in this game from NDSU.

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Here are a few FCS names

LB Jeron Poole, Missouri State
QB Ricky Santos, UNH
OG Kerry Brown, App State
LB Joe Mays, NDSU
P Mike Dragosavich, NDSU
OT Brock Pasteur, SFA
RS Jayson Foster, GSU
S Lamar Herron, Texas Southern

Joe Flacco was invited and so was Brian Johnston but they are going to the Shrine and Hula.

Smendy
January 1st, 2008, 12:56 PM
Smendy -- if you were checking out the web site, you'd of noticed it's on CSTV. :)

Thanks Texas Terror. That's good news....Here's the bad news for me, however: I don't think I get CSTV, because my cable provider (Cablevision) is always warring with new sports channels over money (NFL Network, ect.) xmadx

Thanks for the list smallcollegeFBFan....New name for the list, as Draft daddy is reporting Antwuan Molden will be in the game, also.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

Hopefully Corey Lynch, Tony Lezotte and Bobbie Williams will get invites, too.

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2008, 02:17 PM
Lex Hilliard might be added soon.

Demetrius Bell of NW State is also on the roster.

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Texas Terror. That's good news....Here's the bad news for me, however: I don't think I get CSTV, because my cable provider (Cablevision) is always warring with new sports channels over money (NFL Network, ect.) xmadx

Thanks for the list smallcollegeFBFan....New name for the list, as Draft daddy is reporting Antwuan Molden will be in the game, also.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

Hopefully Corey Lynch, Tony Lezotte and Bobbie Williams will get invites, too.

No problem. They are full at safety so I don't think those 3 will get in. Hula might be possible.

TexasTerror
January 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan...you hearing anything about any SHSU kids, particularly All-American tight end Blake Martin? Perhaps OL Brandon Hale?

Smendy
January 1st, 2008, 07:19 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan...you hearing anything about any SHSU kids, particularly All-American tight end Blake Martin? Perhaps OL Brandon Hale?

Good question, considering the "Texas' angle in the Tex v. Nation game, I thought both would get invites....also, that CB Babers has to be a prospect, although I'm not even sure if he played in '07?

Peems
January 1st, 2008, 07:42 PM
Lex Hilliard might be added soon.

Demetrius Bell of NW State is also on the roster.

Good to see Hilliard get some shot. Any news on whether Bierman will be playing in a "pro" game?

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
Good to see Hilliard get some shot. Any news on whether Bierman will be playing in a "pro" game?

Hula Bowl I heard.

Smendy
January 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM

Peems, one source has him playing in the Hula Bowl

http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/allstarroster.cfm

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2008, 07:51 PM

Haven't seen on either. I am surprised Martin didn't. Hale is short for tackle. He would have to be a guard I would think.

McNeese75
January 1st, 2008, 10:03 PM
Good question, considering the "Texas' angle in the Tex v. Nation game, I thought both would get invites....also, that CB Babers has to be a prospect, although I'm not even sure if he played in '07?

Babers was not on the squad in 2007.

smallcollegefbfan
January 2nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Isaiah Wiggins of Illinois State has been added to the Texas vs. Nation roster. Lex Hilliard will be added if he accepts the invite.

SO ILLmatic
January 2nd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Nick Hill will be playing in this game

ERASU2113
January 3rd, 2008, 07:41 PM
hope to see some mountaineers in this one...

I know Kerry Brown is going there. Not sure if anyone else will yet.

SuperJon
January 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Vince Redd from Liberty will be there.

smallcollegefbfan
January 5th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Brandon Keith of UNI has turned down the Hula Bowl and will be at the Texas vs. Nation game.

MSULB#47
January 16th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Everyone is jumping in the Texas vs The Nation due to the Combine(40 & Shuttle) which begins Monday, January 28th.

Then interviews with scouts and GM's for the rest of the week.

Its a great opportunity for NFL prospects. Last year 4 kids from the Texas vs The Nation received Naptown Combine invites!

From the Texas vs The Nation prospects will have their respective Pro Days to attend. As a result of the Texas vs The Nation scouts and GM's will have seen many of those prospects performance from the combine and the game.

Peems
January 17th, 2008, 08:58 PM
What day is the game?

ur2k
January 23rd, 2008, 02:48 PM
Tim Hightower - UR running back is in the game too

The Tank
January 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
I believe Eric Bakhtiari, DE from USD, will be in this game.

seantaylor
January 23rd, 2008, 11:28 PM
Jayson Foster is somehow playing on the Texas side.

TexasTerror
January 24th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Jayson Foster is somehow playing on the Texas side.

As noted before, they have problems filling out the Texas squad, so when there are holes, they sometimes have to add 'Yankees' or 'non-Texans' to the squad...there may be a tie to Texas, ya never know!

spelunker64
January 24th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Nation>Texas

This is about the best smack as I'll do for this minor game...

:D

MSULB#47
February 7th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Nation>Texas

This is about the best smack as I'll do for this minor game...

:D

Actually its NOT a 'minor' game. The Hula is history, the other games are just 'push and shove' matches.

This game has ONE...a Combine (which did'nt happen because of the weather)

TWO - pride, reputation, NFL Scouts & GM's, good cause, great sponsors, NFL Scouts & GM's....and a nice ring for the winner

Rumor has it that Dallas and Houston are interested in hosting the game too

smallcollegefbfan
February 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Actually its NOT a 'minor' game. The Hula is history, the other games are just 'push and shove' matches.

This game has ONE...a Combine (which did'nt happen because of the weather)

TWO - pride, reputation, NFL Scouts & GM's, good cause, great sponsors, NFL Scouts & GM's....and a nice ring for the winner

Rumor has it that Dallas and Houston are interested in hosting the game too

Yeah it is not minor at all. It will be in El Paso the next 10 years but I am sure Houston would love to get a hold of the game. They have the Shrine Game too.

AZGrizFan
February 11th, 2008, 07:27 PM
ASU's Lynch getting major love from the announcers right now in the game....don't know if anyone is watching this game, but it's not half bad! xnodx