PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs

siuham
December 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM
First year as a feature back, sharing the role with a couple other guys with the Giants, and a couple injury weeks.

This week against the Bills he had a career high 145 yards, two touchdowns, and hurt his ankle in the game. :s He's had these random strokes of brilliance and then gets hurt, worries me. Hopefully he can keep it up.

93henfan
December 24th, 2007, 10:12 AM
He went to the right team. That guy is a giant and looked like a man among boys yesterday. I'm not sure why Coughlin didn't start riding that horse a little sooner this year. Maybe he's just trying to expose little Eli for the fraud that he is. Man did San Diego ever fleece the Giants on that trade!xlolx

Hoyadestroya85
December 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Oh man it was so fun watching him run over defenses of teams like Indiana state.. he got like 12 carries a game and averaged over 80 yards.. which is ridiculous..
I thought Arkee was more explosive but B-Jake was just so fun to watch because he's so big..
I'm glad he's a Giant

813Jag
December 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'm proud for him, too. I love seeing Louisiana guys do well. He's been running that way since high school. It always seemed like he was the biggest guy on the field. Too bad for Eli, though.

Hoyadestroya85
December 24th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Eli needs a backup who can put pressure on him...
but yeah.. Brandon is dirty

skinny_uncle
December 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
He has 944 yards this year. I wonder if his ankle has 56 more left in it for the final game.

813Jag
December 24th, 2007, 03:30 PM
I love the guy , he played 1A before SIU? anyway he wont get 50 yards next week, you know what i mean?
He went to Auburn first.

TheValleyRaider
December 24th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I love the guy , he played 1A before SIU? anyway he wont get 50 yards next week, you know what i mean?

He was at Auburn, ended up behind Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams on the Tigers' depth chart, so he transferred to SIU

The only way he won't get 50 next week is if he sits, and given that he seemed to tweak his ankle yesterday, and has nursed a couple of injuries this year, he is liable to get much less playing time vs. the Pats.

siuham
December 25th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see much from Jacobs unless the Giants really want to try and ruin the Pats perfect season. Even then they've got the two backups that have done well.

siuham
December 25th, 2007, 09:42 AM
They're in already.