PDA

View Full Version : Virginia All State Division I Football Team

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Could only find this off the JMU website. Didn't see it on the website of the main state paper, the Richmond Times Dispatch.

http://www.jmusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14400&ATCLID=1354656

ur2k
December 19th, 2007, 04:36 PM
How does Liberty get 8 selections? More than UVA, UR, JMU?

WVAPPmountaineer
December 19th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I like this concept - wish North Carolina would do it - Congrats to all the FCS players and programs ---

BDKJMU
December 19th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I like this concept - wish North Carolina would do it - Congrats to all the FCS players and programs ---

VA has been doing this as long as I can remember. Right now its 2 I-A and 7 soon to be 8 I-AA in VA. In NC I count 5 Div IA and 8 soon to be 9? I-AA. Plenty to come up with a 1st, 2nd and 3rd team.

bjtheflamesfan
December 19th, 2007, 08:24 PM
This really is a sign that folks are taking notice to the kind of improvement Coach Rocco has wrought in 2 short years. Im sure other LU supporters that post here will be able to go into greater detail but this just shows that people are starting to take notice of the boys on Liberty Mountain.

Tribe4SF
December 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM
How does Liberty get 8 selections? More than UVA, UR, JMU?

It was God's will!:D

Let's see...they played only W&M of the decent Division I teams in the state...and lost that game.xcoffeex

bjtheflamesfan
December 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Well my friend, one game does not a season make. The SIDs looked at the entirety of the body of work of every team at the University level in FCS and FBS and they felt that the 8 guys that were selected from Liberty played at a high enough level and showed themselves to be worthy of inclusion on the team.

SuperJon
December 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM

It's done by all of the SIDs at the schools in VA. They do it for every sport. It's called the VaSID awards.