PDA

View Full Version : FCS Players

Uncle Buck
December 17th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I flew out to Pittsburgh this past weekend for their game against Jacksonville and had a chance to meet two former FCS guys.

My old HS coach is a friend of Jaguars assistant Mike Tice and he introduced us to Brad Meester and Montel Owens. Both of them were very nice and i let them know that we always pull for the FCS players. They both got a laugh out of it, especially Meester when Tice said he was from Iowa and i said, sure, he played at Northern Iowa in the Gateway.

Smendy
December 18th, 2007, 04:15 PM
I think Montel Owens also played in the FCS -- Maine?

Uncle Buck
December 19th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I think Montel Owens also played in the FCS -- Maine?

Yes he did, very polite young man. I love to see players who aren't full of themselves. Both he and Meester were class acts.

Franks Tanks
December 19th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I flew out to Pittsburgh this past weekend for their game against Jacksonville and had a chance to meet two former FCS guys.

My old HS coach is a friend of Jaguars assistant Mike Tice and he introduced us to Brad Meester and Montel Owens. Both of them were very nice and i let them know that we always pull for the FCS players. They both got a laugh out of it, especially Meester when Tice said he was from Iowa and i said, sure, he played at Northern Iowa in the Gateway.

I love Mike Tice-- he's the kinda guy you wanna have a few beers with

spelunker64
December 19th, 2007, 08:00 AM
I love Mike Tice-- he's the kinda guy you wanna have a few beers with

xlolx xnodx

Minnesota's loss

Franks Tanks
December 19th, 2007, 08:07 AM
xlolx xnodx

Minnesota's loss

Notice I didnt say I thought he was a good kead coach

Uncle Buck
December 19th, 2007, 12:56 PM
He's a great guy who is just really down to earth. That Minnesota gig was his first stint as a head coach, he's learned a lot from that experience. I think he'll be back in the head coaching ranks soon enough.

Henwatcher
December 21st, 2007, 08:45 PM
I remember Montel from his high school days at Concord High just outside Wilmington, DE. I was hoping he'd become a Blue Hen, but he wound up going to Maine. I'd say it has worked out well for him.

OSBF
December 23rd, 2007, 09:22 PM
.....and the Jags DE/LB Brent Hawkins is a proud FCS alum

blueballs
December 24th, 2007, 12:03 PM
.....and the Jags DE/LB Brent Hawkins is a proud FCS alum

So is CB Rashean Mathis...

813Jag
December 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
There's also Quinn Gray (FAMU) and Justin Durant (Hampton).

Uncle Buck
December 26th, 2007, 10:22 AM
looks like the jags know where the talent is!

spelunker64
December 26th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Notice I didnt say I thought he was a good kead coach

I didn't think he was that bad, and the Vikes had a mistake in firing him...

MarkCCU
December 26th, 2007, 12:27 PM
CCU's Tyler Thigpen plays with Kansas City