PDA

View Full Version : Why Now?...please help AGS

TribeGuy
December 14th, 2023, 09:09 PM
Why do all these changes to our favorite game have to happen - RIGHT NOW! ?

AGS has a wise, dedicated, and passionate FCS following. I need your help.

Can someone please explain to me why these announcements - leading up to our Championship finale - have to spoil our joy?
-selfish, individual game-manship?
-institutional greed?
-nobody is in control?
-nobody cares?

Dern It! They turned me into Them. I should've waited 'til the dry season of February to post...

Go FCS!...Go CAA!...

On the gridiron, Jacks take it home.

JacksFan40
December 15th, 2023, 09:16 AM
Assuming you’re taking about the transfer portal and all of that stuff, it’s because SCOTUS has stripped away any power the NCAA once had in controlling this on the grounds of anti-trust regulation. The NCAA has next to no power anymore and CFB is becoming nothing but a crappy version of the NFL. No salary caps, no contracts, no rules on players transferring, super leagues devoid of anything that makes CFB special etc.

I’m going to be essentially done watching FBS football after this season, if I wanted to watch the NFL I’d watch the NFL, and I will because the NFL is 100x superior to whatever the hell the FBS has become.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Assuming you’re taking about the transfer portal and all of that stuff, it’s because SCOTUS has stripped away any power the NCAA once had in controlling this on the grounds of anti-trust regulation. The NCAA has next to no power anymore and CFB is becoming nothing but a crappy version of the NFL. No salary caps, no contracts, no rules on players transferring, super leagues devoid of anything that makes CFB special etc.

I’m going to be essentially done watching FBS football after this season, if I wanted to watch the NFL I’d watch the NFL, and I will because the NFL is 100x superior to whatever the hell the FBS has become.
Precisely - except FUBeAR has been done with FBS for several years. Glad to see you are joining the movement.

Can FCS remain (relatively) pure?

FUBeAR is having his doubts.

He's seeing more and more drum-beating from FCS Programs (Admins, Coaches, and Fans) regarding donations to 'collectives' so said programs can "remain competitive" and "not fall behind."

That means..."Give us your money so we that we can outspend our competitors to pay the annual rental fees Players are charging on the open market."

FUBeAR got no interest in watching that ish...regardless of what colors and logos those mercenaries are choosing to wear this year, or next.

Which way to the D3 version of AGS? Need to figure out which 2 Teams FUBeAR's gonna support - Johns Hopkins Blue Jays and Tufts Jumbos are interesting, along with the Berry College Vikings here in GA.

SeattleCat
December 15th, 2023, 11:51 AM
I half expected this thread to be a shakedown for money, but now I'm lost.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2023, 02:21 PM
I quit watching the NFL and for that matter all professional sports leagues years ago because of the $$$$, Greed, Ego's not to mention the criminal **** that these "athletes" get themselves into. CFB used to be different but not anymore and I'm ready to quit watching them too.

ngineer
December 16th, 2023, 12:04 PM
Agreed. I've already 'forgotten' about FBS football. Didn't watch a game this year. No interest in watching a bunch of mercenaries playing minor league professional football; who have no allegiance to their schools, their teammates, other than themselves.

Libertine
December 16th, 2023, 07:29 PM
I half expected this thread to be a shakedown for money, but now I'm lost.

Right? Punctuation matters.

"Please help, AGS", is a request for assistance or understanding from the board.
"Please help AGS," implies that the board is suddenly in need.

As is, I feel like there's a Nigerian prince trying to blend in as an FCS fan.

bonarae
December 16th, 2023, 07:29 PM
Will it stop if the NFL finally caves in and establishes an MLS, NBA or NHL style minor league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Crusader 2010
December 16th, 2023, 10:44 PM
Will it stop if the NFL finally caves in and establishes an MLS, NBA or NHL style minor league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best thing the NFL could do would be to eliminate the age limit. But neither that nor a "minor league" system would fix this quagmire.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2023, 03:34 PM
I quit watching the NFL and for that matter all professional sports leagues years ago because of the $$$$, Greed, Ego's not to mention the criminal **** that these "athletes" get themselves into. CFB used to be different but not anymore and I'm ready to quit watching them too.

Hey bud, hang around long enough to watch the Bison beat yappy Deon and his team of misfits next season opener....xnodx