PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Playoffs Round 1: Lafayette @ Delaware

Pages : 1 [2]

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 02:59 PM
Doesn't matter...Lafayette stops UD on 4th down again!...8 total from inside the 10!!

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:01 PM
The Delaware/Lafayette bonehead play meter is about equal now. The Hens really have not moved the ball save for the long TD pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Hens can’t punch it it after 8 goal to go plays. That is ugly.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:01 PM
The Delaware/Lafayette bonehead play meter is about equal now. The Hens really have not moved the ball save for the long TD pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Hens can’t punch it it after 8 goal to go plays. That is ugly.

Troxell is owning Carty imo. From preparation to in game coaching. Take the FG!

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:04 PM

Agree. Carty clearly has no confidence in his offense going for it on a 4th and goal at the 7 (on the 1st one)so early in the half.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:05 PM
I think Lafayette's QB might have taken one too many hits. He's been getting beat up all game...

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:07 PM
DiNoble shaken up, but doesn’t appear too serious. We’re screwed if he can’t go as we have no other competent QB’s on the roster. This sucks.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:09 PM
DiNoble shaken up, but doesn’t appear too serious. We’re screwed if he can’t go as we have no other competent QB’s on the roster. This sucks.

Doesn't look good at all. This game has completely changed. Not sure the Pards offense will be able to move the ball...

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:14 PM
Doesn't look good at all. This game has completely changed. Not sure the Pards offense will be able to move the ball...

Not with Shuester unfortunately. We’re going to have to get very creative/get another turnover/or have Curtis break one. I think we need one more TD here.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:18 PM
TD Hens! This game has pivoted a full 180 degrees. Lafayette is in big trouble without their starting QB. 2 Pt conversion does fail....

'Pards 28-19 4:35 3Q

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Afraid the Pards are screwed, unless Curtis can somehow get going or rip a big run. Our backup QB is just extremely limited.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:22 PM
Afraid the Pards are screwed, unless Curtis can somehow get going or rip a big run. Our backup QB is just extremely limited.

Sadly, this has a feel where UD might end up winning by 3 TDs....

crusader11
November 25th, 2023, 03:25 PM
Leopards in big trouble.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:28 PM
Sadly, this has a feel where UD might end up winning by 3 TDs....

Yup, Lafayette D is getting gassed. Shuester can barely complete a pass (he’s always been that way). It will take a minor miracle at the point.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:29 PM
Lafayette 29 Delaware 19 End 3Q

Hens will have it 1st and goal at the 9 to start the 4th quarter. 'Pards look cooked....

crusader11
November 25th, 2023, 03:31 PM
Lafayette is going to need one more TD somehow. Maybe special teams, defensive, or a gadget play. At the very least, the offense needs a couple first downs on their next possession to flip the field and give their defense a blow.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:33 PM
TD Hens!

Lafayette 28-26 14:55 4Q

This game really has the potential to get ugly in the 4th quarter for Lafayette. Which is crazy to think. Just a catastrophic injury for them...

Lafalumni29
November 25th, 2023, 03:34 PM
TE who caught the TD is a 6th year grad student! Read that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:36 PM
Hens with a fumble recover at the Lafayette 10 or so! They're about to take the lead and once Lafayette has to start throwing it's really going to get messy...

CHIP72
November 25th, 2023, 03:39 PM
Found a way to get the game via the iHeart radio app.

Ugh, Delaware takes the lead!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:40 PM
TD UD!

Hens 33-28 12:18 4Q

I think the route is on....

Utgrizfan
November 25th, 2023, 03:43 PM
Lafayette losing their starting QB is the reason Delaware has been able to come back, rough for the Leopards

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:45 PM
Troxell has turned to their 3rd string QB.....

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:46 PM
It was a great season for the Leopards that exceeded all expectations. We’re clearly not there yet. We’ll graduate some key players but this is a young team.. lots of Freshmen and Sophomores that are still developing physically.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:48 PM
#14 with a huge tackle on Curtis...3rd and goal! c'mon laffy....

Lafalumni29
November 25th, 2023, 03:50 PM
Troxell has turned to their 3rd string QB.....

Davis throws the best ball out of all four QBs.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:51 PM
What an answer by the Pards! UD gets a stop on 4th and goal but were offside, Curtis sneaks in on 4th down 2.0....2 pt try fails

Lafayette 34-33 7:25 4Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:52 PM
Davis throws the best ball out of all four QBs.

Huge move not to stick with 15 knowing that ship was headed to the bottom of the Delaware Bay!

KPSUL
November 25th, 2023, 03:53 PM
Lafayette losing their starting QB is the reason Delaware has been able to come back, rough for the Leopards

Can't believe they called that Delaware DB 3 inches offside when he was 20 yards away from the play.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:53 PM
What an answer by the Pards! UD gets a stop on 4th and goal but were offside, Curtis sneaks in on 4th down 2.0....2 pt try fails

Lafayette 34-33 7:25 4Q

We can’t stop the Hens right now, bit great series by the O fighting out there. Feels like the Leopards need a turnover and a little magic dust to pull this out.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 03:54 PM
Huge move not to stick with 15 knowing that ship was headed to the bottom of the Delaware Bay!
Yes. Fun fact, his brother is the starting QB at North Dakota.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 03:55 PM
We can’t stop the Hens right now, bit great series by the O fighting out there. Feels like the Leopards need a turnover and a little magic dust to pull this out.

Hope and a nice rest should give them some added juice....

Lafalumni29
November 25th, 2023, 03:56 PM

Definitely. I like Trox’s [emoji459] to play a walk on because he’s best for the team. But schuster never really did much when he started so no surprise he went to Davis so quickly. The word is the freshman is the best athlete of the bunch.

Sader87
November 25th, 2023, 03:57 PM
Regardless of the outcome, the disrespect of the PL has to end.

HC nearly beat Villanova in 2021
HC beat UNH in 2022
Lafayette may beat Delaware here.

Lafalumni29
November 25th, 2023, 04:00 PM
Where is Schaefer on the pass rush?!

Franks Tanks
Delaware to the 10. Solid and efficient drive by the hens.

Go Lehigh TU Owl

HC beat UNH in 2022

It's been going on for 25 years! It took Lehigh 3 undefeated seasons in 4 years just to get a home game!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 04:06 PM
UD kicks a go ahead FG

Hens 36-34 1:37 4Q

Chalupa Batman
November 25th, 2023, 04:08 PM
How good is Lafayette's kicker?

CHIP72
November 25th, 2023, 04:08 PM
The big plays for Delaware in that FG drive were their last two 1st downs - first one got them into FG range, second one forced Lafayette to use their timeouts.

Let’s see if Lafayette has something left on offense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 04:11 PM
Wow! Lafayette fumbles the ball around mid field. I have no idea how they didn't recover that....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Delaware 36 Lafayette 34 Final

Heartbreaking loss for the Pards. They are now 0-5 in the FCS Playoffs....

Lafalumni29
November 25th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Welp…better showing against grown men at Transfer U than i thought. On to 2024.
Congrats to the pards for a much better season than anyone expected.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 04:13 PM
That hurts. Again who would’ve thought the Pards would be here in August and we’ll be better next year….but, the Hens tried to give it away in the 1st half and we returned the favor in the 2nd.

Gangtackle11

HC beat UNH in 2022

I hear ya, but my experience with PL teams they are mostly blowouts. I looked back 10 years of Nova football. We are 16-1 vs. PL. A loss to Fordham in 2013. A close game here or there, but mostly 40+ point wins. Some 50+ wins including 59-0 over Laffy a few years back.

Laffy is a good PL representative this season & so has HC been the last few seasons, but overall meh…..xpeacex

MTfan4life
My upset pick had been looking so good for so long! Good second half for Delaware. Very reminiscent of the Montana vs. SEMO game last year.

Sader87
November 25th, 2023, 04:14 PM
Jesus...did Laffy piss that away.....

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 25th, 2023, 04:14 PM
#75 for Delaware was getting hollered at by his coach.

What did he do?

CHIP72
November 25th, 2023, 04:19 PM
Not happy about the result, but excellent comeback by Delaware after falling behind by 21 points in the 2nd quarter. From what I heard on the radio (albeit the UD broadcast), the freshman 3rd string QB made some nice plays for the Blue Hens. Good luck to Delaware against Montana.

As for Lafayette, this result doesn’t take away from the hell of season the Leopards had. The future is looking bright on College Hill.

EDIT: grammar

CrunchGriz
November 25th, 2023, 04:21 PM
Tough to lose your starting QB in the second half, and then the backup can't move the ball at all. See you in Zoo Town, Hens!

pardfan
November 25th, 2023, 04:24 PM
"Culture win" according to DE coach. Like to think we'll get a few of those next year.

IslandPard
November 25th, 2023, 04:27 PM
I hear ya, but my experience with PL teams they are mostly blowouts. I looked back 10 years of Nova football. We are 16-1 vs. PL. A loss to Fordham in 2013. A close game here or there, but mostly 40+ point wins. Some 50+ wins including 59-0 over Laffy a few years back.

Laffy is a good PL representative this season & so has HC been the last few seasons, but overall meh…..xpeacex

Agreed Sader. I would make a argument that we have better talent . We do it all without redshirts and the slew of transfers allowed in the CAA. They should be ashamed at anything LESS than a blowout.

Sader87
November 25th, 2023, 04:27 PM
Holy Cross beats Delaware today....I have no doubt

2wagriz
November 25th, 2023, 04:28 PM
Heck of a game. Thats the one on you hate on either side.
I feel horrible for UL. Welcome back for the revenge tour, hens.
If any of you can make it, please PM me. Love meeting fans
Go Griz. FTC

DFW HOYA
November 25th, 2023, 04:30 PM
I looked back 10 years of Nova football. We are 16-1 vs. PL.

Villanova vs...
Bucknell: 1-0
Colgate: 2-0
Fordham: 2-1
Holy Cross: 1-0
Lafayette: 3-0
Lehigh: 7-0
Georgetown: Cats can't seem to find time to schedule them

Sader87
November 25th, 2023, 04:36 PM
Holy Cross would have beaten Nova in 2022, nearly beat them in 2021 and I'd give us a good shot in 2023....we suffered from a unique set of circumstances in 2023.....2 three point losses to FBS teams, a rainy day/hurt D against Lafayette and a 0-5 turnovah game against Harvard at Polar Park....HC was deserving to be in the playoffs this year.....overlooked with some of the best players in all of FCS.

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2023, 04:49 PM
Laffy played a great game. I’m the last guy here to defend anything Blew Hens, but they also played with their 3rd string QB the entire game.

Holy Cross has become relevant again under Chesney. No doubt.

Laffy coming back it appears, but for the rest of the PL to gain respect they can’t be down 35-0 at half most games if you want to argue FCS relevance.

Whether HC would beat Nova will be left unanswered whether you are convinced or not. The year you had a chance you didn’t.

Congrats to Laffy. Congrats to HC becoming a relevant FCS program again. To the rest of the PL get better.
Great season Laffy. xpeacex

bulldog10jw
November 25th, 2023, 04:56 PM
The Delaware TD right before halftime turned the game around.

The Yo Show
November 25th, 2023, 05:06 PM
Yes. Fun fact, his brother is the starting QB at North Dakota.

Interesting. I was wondering when I saw the spelling on the last name was the same

pardfan
November 25th, 2023, 05:25 PM
Davis was the obvious replacement for the injured DeNobile. He has more talent (IMO) and experience than Schuster; but Davis isn't a Trox recruit. That stinks.

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 05:29 PM
Holy Cross beats Delaware today....I have no doubtIn a parallel universe perhaps where HC actually makes the post season. You talk about Lafayette pissing that game away. HC pissed away their entire season and then posted on line about some imaginary PL championship in what has to be the douchiest move in the history of the league. I still get douche chills just thinking about it. And now it looks like Chesney is prepared to fly the coop. Have fun chasing Lafayette for the foreseeable future...I have no doubt.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Southsider
November 25th, 2023, 05:42 PM
Congrats Pard’s on a great season! As down as I am on LU right now (Sterrett needs to go, now!). I will still be there next August with great hope!

Wolffan
November 25th, 2023, 06:18 PM
Kind of a surprise Delaware's 3rd string (true frosh) QB didn't run for more yards (46) v the Laffy D as he looked fairly fast. But since a random guy from the stands was probably next on the depth chart I can understand the caution.

Congrats to the PL Co-Champion Pards as they almost held on for a win.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2023, 06:30 PM
- - -

Holy Cross beats Delaware today....I have no doubt

This Delaware offense today is a shadow of the team that had O'Connor at QB, and Marcus Yarns as well as Kyron Cumby at RB. It was a gutsy performance for both teams. particularly for Delaware in the 2nd half.

KPSUL
November 25th, 2023, 06:50 PM
That last Pards QB was hard to get on the ground and kept his about him wits under pressure. I doubt you would have seen the fumble from him that handed the Hens the ball on the Lafayette 10 yard line.

CHIP72
November 25th, 2023, 07:16 PM
Semi-OT comment:

This game may have been close, but the competition between the various first round game threads wasn't - this thread has had over 300 posts while none of the other seven threads, as of 8:15 PM ET on Saturday 11/25, have had over 100 posts.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 07:17 PM
Delaware is making Lafayette look like Penn St.

Was very impressed with Lafayette but not really surprised

Freshman QB Nick Minucucci looked calm and like a leader … proud of that kid

he’s got some moxy too

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2023, 07:18 PM
Semi-OT comment:

This game may have been close, but the competition between the various first round game threads wasn't - this thread has had over 300 posts while none of the other seven threads, as of 8:15 PM ET on Saturday 11/25, have had over 100 posts.

Yup! Two "known" and well respected Northeast institutions engaged in a competitive game that generates interest! Great to see!

Now Lehigh needs to get their bleep together!!

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 07:24 PM

was begging Delaware to kick the FG

NY Crusader 2010
November 25th, 2023, 07:51 PM
Davis was the obvious replacement for the injured DeNobile. He has more talent (IMO) and experience than Schuster; but Davis isn't a Trox recruit. That stinks.

TROXELL DESERVES TO BE CANNED TOMORROW MORNING for not bringing in Davis as the #2 today. Does the guy not watch his QBs in practice? I could tell from Shuster's first throw that Lafayette was going to have trouble managing so much as a first down with him running the offense today.

NY Crusader 2010
November 25th, 2023, 07:52 PM
Semi-OT comment:

Lafayette tends to do that.

2wagriz
November 25th, 2023, 07:57 PM
I mean no disrespect Lafayette was the better team. Delaware found the way.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 08:32 PM
Holy Cross would have beaten Nova in 2022, nearly beat them in 2021 and I'd give us a good shot in 2023....we suffered from a unique set of circumstances in 2023.....2 three point losses to FBS teams, a rainy day/hurt D against Lafayette and a 0-5 turnovah game against Harvard at Polar Park....HC was deserving to be in the playoffs this year.....overlooked with some of the best players in all of FCS.

Dude, give it a rest. You lost to Lafayette. You lost to Harvard. You didn’t beat a team this year with a record better than 6-5.

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 08:38 PM
TROXELL DESERVES TO BE CANNED TOMORROW MORNING for not bringing in Davis as the #2 today. Does the guy not watch his QBs in practice? I could tell from Shuster's first throw that Lafayette was going to have trouble managing so much as a first down with him running the offense today.

I don’t know what the staff sees in Shuster. He started the 2022 season and struggled tremendously before getting hurt (not benched).

He entered this year as the starter and got hurt late in the game against Sacred Heart after passing for 40 yards. DiNoble came in and immediately lead to team to a go ahead TD.

gravalico
November 25th, 2023, 08:39 PM

he’s got some moxy tooI was impressed with Minacucci too. Promising future for him and the Blue Hens. Awshan should have been the number two for Lafayette right away but neither back up had any meaningful prep time. And let's not forget their stud tight end, Mason Gilbert, out in the first quarter injuries caught up with them at long last. All part of the game. Great season to build on.

bulldog10jw
November 25th, 2023, 08:39 PM
Dude, give it a rest. You lost to Lafayette. You lost to Harvard. You didn’t beat a team this year with a record better than 6-5.

Yale was 7-3

Franks Tanks
November 25th, 2023, 08:51 PM
Yale was 7-3

Thanks, forgot they beat you guys.

Go...gate
November 25th, 2023, 09:04 PM
Patriot League might not be so bad…

You think?

Go...gate
November 25th, 2023, 09:17 PM
UD kicks a go ahead FG

Hens 36-34 1:37 4Q

Arguably longer than that. From the very beginning, the playoff ban from 1986-1996 did not help things.

ngineer
November 25th, 2023, 09:39 PM
Understood. And Lafayette has three national championships and invented the football helmet and the huddle. I wish history had bearing on today's game. We'd win in a landslide.

Eh, not really. Three time voted the best team by The Gazette or whoever their sportswriter was. Championships are won on the field/court/mat/pool.xsmiley_wix

However, congratulations on a great season and giving the Blue Hens more than they could handle. Certainly well earned championship of the PL.

SteelSD
November 25th, 2023, 09:49 PM
Semi-OT comment:

And yet barely over 4000 butts in the seats. But hey, winning the message board post tally is almost as good…. 🙄

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 09:53 PM
- - -

This Delaware offense today is a shadow of the team that had O'Connor at QB, and Marcus Yarns as well as Kyron Cumby at RB. It was a gutsy performance for both teams. particularly for Delaware in the 2nd half.

I think Kym Wimberly was the best WR but as you remember he was hurt and out for the season in game 4 against you guys.

Just for the record, I think Delaware was better with Minucucci with his athleticism than with O’Conner. Zach Marker is another story as he’s really good too.

also seen on gohens
“We are down our top two QBs, top two Rb’s now, Bermudez, a right guard and if anyone noticed, looks like some DB’s as we played with at times 3 true freshmen in the defensive backfield in the second half”

MUHAWKS
November 25th, 2023, 09:55 PM

he’s got some moxy too

very calm-- composed.. NORTH Jersey!!! Minicucci looked pretty good for sure..

no skin in today's game- Del clearly not at full strength and when Denobile went down it was game over...I do not think I am being too much of a hater by saying whoever had won today is most likely one and done anyway. IDK, what chances to Hens fans have of being in that game next week? WTF happened to Yarns? watched the whole game never saw him "get" hurt.. Where the F is chicken.

MUHAWKS
November 25th, 2023, 10:00 PM
And yet barely over 4000 butts in the seats. But hey, winning the message board post tally is almost as good…. 

I was talking to a buddy about this today. Historically, 1st rd games are very poorly attended. lack of students being at school is the obvious one but its more than that.. all the other big college games? Thanksgiving travel? I mean Del gets 12k against a BAD team at home during year so clearly it is not lack of support- Most teams draw poorly this week unless it is 1 of 4 schools and they start with Montana or end with Dakota.

smilo
November 25th, 2023, 10:06 PM
I had Lafayette higher in my poll and thought they would win by about 10. Thought Minucucci wasn't terrible last week coming in cold, with some potential, and glad he's succeeding. At least the CAA didn't completely fall flat on its face like I expected. Now, if Nova actually beats a real good Youngstown team, we have a good argument for not being overrated!

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 10:09 PM
very calm-- composed.. NORTH Jersey!!! Minicucci looked pretty good for sure..

no skin in today's game- Del clearly not at full strength and when Denobile went down it was game over...I do not think I am being too much of a hater by saying whoever had won today is most likely one and done anyway. IDK, what chances to Hens fans have of being in that game next week? WTF happened to Yarns? watched the whole game never saw him "get" hurt.. Where the F is chicken.

came into the game less than 100% and was sighted limping off field just before halftime and not seen again

Got to hand it to RBs Silver and Watson, they played well in second half (third and 5th stringers)

A true Frosh RB from Jersey, St Fleur had been getting time as 4th string but didn’t see him today .. probably because he was fumbling to much

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 07:35 AM
The Delaware TD right before halftime turned the game around.

Agreed! But before that our missed 33 yd FG...that in scheme of ending was huge

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 07:43 AM
I mean no disrespect Lafayette was the better team. Delaware found the way.
Thanks 2Wa...it was a really close game. We have had two exciting playoff games here, this one and the 2004 one (both I attended), that went down truly to final 2 minutes

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 08:21 AM
Agree! I saw #15 warming up on sidelines while Drew was still on field and I was like "noooo! Put in #14" and the lady next to me said thats my son. And I was like "Willingboro NJ, I grew up in Medford"..mom was sitting with AuShauns gf. Im sorry but Ryan Shuster has not shown me anything in his starts (and now fill ins) to warrant confidence. I specifically followed his play at SHU game online and glad we pivored to Dean. But AuShaun is the better backup. Who cares if he Garrett recruited him? Youre not playing against a former coach. You are making decisions for the team, all the guys you recruited or didnt FOR THE WIN. I cant believe that was the basis for Troxell's decision but I wonder what he said after game on it? Did media ask him that? Hell was there any media. I noted the Easton Express-Times had ZERO POINT ZERO articles on the Lehigh game day after in print edition. Allentown Morning Call has always had brown ink so Im sure they didnt send anyone to Newark, DE.

Wolffan
November 26th, 2023, 08:24 AM
Very good season for the Leopards (9-3 record, Patriot League Co-Champions, FCS Playoff Auto-Qualifier).

Signature win was 38-35 over a solid (Patriot League Co-Champion) Holy Cross squad and only bad loss was to Colgate.

While a good number of Lafayette Patriot League 1st Teamers depart, they should bring back enough quality (Curtis, DeNobile, etc.) to finish strong again next year.

(Off the topic but Lafayette admins/fans have probably now realized the importance of 5th-years in building competitive teams. Fordham and Holy Cross are themselves well aware. So the crazy Patriot League redshirt prohibition may shortly go bye-bye.)

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 08:55 AM
Very good season for the Leopards (9-3 record, Patriot League Co-Champions, FCS Playoff Auto-Qualifier).

Signature win was 38-35 over a solid (Patriot League Co-Champion) Holy Cross squad and only bad loss was to Colgate.

While a good number of Lafayette Patriot League 1st Teamers depart, they should bring back enough quality (Curtis, DeNobile, etc.) to finish strong again next year.

(Off the topic but Lafayette admins/fans have probably now realized the importance of 5th-years in building competitive teams. Fordham and Holy Cross are themselves well aware. So the crazy Patriot League redshirt prohibition may shortly go bye-bye.)

Yeah I did read about the sixth year grad Hen. Wow, we only have Covid eligiblilty. I guess a call for only undergrad players would be met with crickets?

crusader11
November 26th, 2023, 08:59 AM

Lotsa excuses here.

Lafayette played in the same weather as we did and beat us on our home field. Injuries happen in football. Depth is important. We proved not to have the depth needed on defense.

Harvard protected the ball. We did not. Special teams meltdowns and poor decisions by Sluka on a couple of throws really hurt us.

HC was not deserving.

All that said, I have no doubt that we were better than a handful of teams in the playoffs and could have beaten Delaware yesterday, but we didn't earn our way into the playoffs.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2023, 09:29 AM
Agree! I saw #15 warming up on sidelines while Drew was still on field and I was like "noooo! Put in #14" and the lady next to me said thats my son. And I was like "Willingboro NJ, I grew up in Medford"..mom was sitting with AuShauns gf. Im sorry but Ryan Shuster has not shown me anything in his starts (and now fill ins) to warrant confidence. I specifically followed his play at SHU game online and glad we pivored to Dean. But AuShaun is the better backup. Who cares if he Garrett recruited him? Youre not playing against a former coach. You are making decisions for the team, all the guys you recruited or didnt FOR THE WIN. I cant believe that was the basis for Troxell's decision but I wonder what he said after game on it? Did media ask him that? Hell was there any media. I noted the Easton Express-Times had ZERO POINT ZERO articles on the Lehigh game day after in print edition. Allentown Morning Call has always had brown ink so Im sure they didnt send anyone to Newark, DE.

....AH SAW DUH....CHANNELL 69......BABY SUV.....IN DUH LOT.....AS AH CAME INTA COMPLEX........BRAWQ!

HensRock
November 26th, 2023, 09:35 AM
All that said, I have no doubt that we were better than a handful of teams in the playoffs and could have beaten Delaware yesterday, but we didn't earn our way into the playoffs.

There are plenty of teams in FCS that could have beaten Delaware yesterday INCLUDING LAFAYETTE had their QB not gone down. We are banged up. I'm not offering that as an excuse but a simple reality.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2023, 09:45 AM
......WHARE....WERE DUH REFS.....CONFERENCE.......xdontknowx.....BRAWK!

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 09:48 AM
....AH SAW DUH....CHANNELL 69......BABY SUV.....IN DUH LOT.....AS AH CAME INTA COMPLEX........BRAWQ!

Channel 69 as it was said back in the day - the station that stands behind its team! I didnt see the WFMZ 69 SUV. I did talk to a lot of Hens fans walking around with my leopard. None that brawked though every few words...so we have yet to meet!

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2023, 09:58 AM
Channel 69 as it was said back in the day - the station that stands behind its team! I didnt see the WFMZ 69 SUV. I did talk to a lot of Hens fans walking around with my leopard. None that brawked though every few words...so we have yet to meet!

MAYBEAH SOME DAY.....INNA PERFECT WORLD...........DOODLE-DOO

ps....YOU'D PROLLY DUE BETTER......SEEKIN' MUHAWKS....AUTOGRAPH.....HE'S OURAH....... CAA WUNDERKIND......AN' CLOSET PATRIOT FAN........DOUBLE-DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

pardfan
November 26th, 2023, 10:18 AM
MAYBEAH SOME DAY...INNA PERFECT WORLD...LC will take kickoffs and kickoff coverage, punting and punt coverage as a serious, SERIOUS matter...DOODLE BLANKIN' DOO

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 10:35 AM

MAYBEAH SOME DAY.....INNA PERFECT WORLD...........DOODLE-DOO

ps....YOU'D PROLLY DUE BETTER......SEEKIN' MUHAWKS....AUTOGRAPH.....HE'S OURAH....... CAA WUNDERKIND......AN' CLOSET PATRIOT FAN........DOUBLE-DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

Yes he is...i think we play Hawks again next year

- - - Updated - - -

MAYBEAH SOME DAY...INNA PERFECT WORLD...LC will take kickoffs and kickoff coverage, punting and punt coverage as a serious, SERIOUS matter...DOODLE BLANKIN' DOO

Agreed..that kickoff return was an easy 7...

Pard4Life
November 26th, 2023, 10:54 AM

That's extreme... even for me... but Schuster had no business coming near that game yesterday. Davis showed more potential last year and had more meaningful experience. Importantly, Davis did not look scared. Watching on TV, you could see Schuster was intimidated, for whatever reason.

What Troxell DID that has me upset is that we played conservatively at the end of the second half. On our two drives where we missed the FG and punted, the play calling was very predictable and conservative runs. Even up 28-7, we needed to keep the pedal down and keep scoring because our defense is porous i.e. see Colgate and Holy Cross games. The second half is another story but the end of the second quarter, in retrospect, is why we lost this game. How would Delaware feel if they went into halftime down 42-7??

Pard4Life
November 26th, 2023, 11:02 AM
Good season for Lafayette, but very bitter taste. We should be 11-1 and still playing but now I sound like a Holy Cross fan. What can I say? I am a maximizer... few thoughts:

We are very close to being a lights-out dominant, with a few caveats:

1) Defensive secondary needs to improve significantly - they play a soft zone scheme and give up too many yards
2) Special teams basics - too many gaffes that it will cost us close game
3) Game management - Troxell has gotten too conservative at times and it has cost us (and nearly) games. Why deviate from a scheme that works? See Lehigh first half and Delaware late 2Q as examples.
4) Leadership - who picks this up with Olivas graduating?

Figure these four things out, Pards can put together another great season with a different outcome.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 11:09 AM
That's extreme... even for me... but Schuster had no business coming near that game yesterday. Davis showed more potential last year and had more meaningful experience. Importantly, Davis did not look scared. Watching on TV, you could see Schuster was intimidated, for whatever reason.

What Troxell DID that has me upset is that we played conservatively at the end of the second half. On our two drives where we missed the FG and punted, the play calling was very predictable and conservative runs. Even up 28-7, we needed to keep the pedal down and keep scoring because our defense is porous i.e. see Colgate and Holy Cross games. The second half is another story but the end of the second quarter, in retrospect, is why we lost this game. How would Delaware feel if they went into halftime down 42-7??

Yeah I guess he deleted it...I saw Shuster warming up and exclaimed outlaod "nooo...put AuShaun in!!" and the woman next to me said "thats my son!" I wholly disagreed with that too - I , Im sure the O also - has much more confidence in # 14, then # 15. The missed FG was HUGE and I knew we would need that later, notwithstanding the score. But also letting them get that TD before half was such big momentum buster for us

centraljerseycat
November 26th, 2023, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;3161910]This game has 13 pages worth of banter while the next closet game thread has 5 or 6? IMO, this contributes to my belief that a Northeast FCS football conference (or conference in general) that further balanced academics and athletics would be a success in all facets. It might even get UD to reconsider their FBS plans given the upheaval that exists at that level right now. Otherwise, I think it would bolster this level of football in this part of the country and market itself in a way that appeals to a portion of the country that takes success and high thresholds to heart. Just look at the Yale Bowl this past Saturday and even Goodman to a lesser extent. There's still a place for tradition AND good football. Three flagship state universities, 4 elite Catholic institutions, 1 highly ranked national university, and 3 highly regarded liberal arts institutions.

I know it's not a perfect world but some arrangement, 7 game conference slate, 3 or 4 protected rivals, others rotate on what would be a regular basis...
Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

Any combination of those schools minus Georgetown to be replaced with Richmond or Rhode Island..sign me up!

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;3161910]This game has 13 pages worth of banter while the next closet game thread has 5 or 6? IMO, this contributes to my belief that a Northeast FCS football conference (or conference in general) that further balanced academics and athletics would be a success in all facets. It might even get UD to reconsider their FBS plans given the upheaval that exists at that level right now. Otherwise, I think it would bolster this level of football in this part of the country and market itself in a way that appeals to a portion of the country that takes success and high thresholds to heart. Just look at the Yale Bowl this past Saturday and even Goodman to a lesser extent. There's still a place for tradition AND good football. Three flagship state universities, 4 elite Catholic institutions, 1 highly ranked national university, and 3 highly regarded liberal arts institutions.

I know it's not a perfect world but some arrangement, 7 game conference slate, 3 or 4 protected rivals, others rotate on what would be a regular basis...
Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

Any combination of those schools minus Georgetown to be replaced with Richmond or Rhode Island..sign me up!

Nooooo! Love my 5 OOC games...no need to sign up for this monstrosity

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 01:15 PM
There are plenty of teams in FCS that could have beaten Delaware yesterday INCLUDING LAFAYETTE had their QB not gone down. We are banged up. I'm not offering that as an excuse but a simple reality.

Thx HR and every Hen fan I encountered after game said same about DeNobile not gone down

AmsterBison
November 26th, 2023, 01:22 PM
That was a pretty entertaining game, but I really did not like Lafayette doing slow-developing play action out of the shotgun without any timeouts at the end.

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 01:25 PM
That was a pretty entertaining game, but I really did not like Lafayette doing slow-developing play action out of the shotgun without any timeouts at the end.

True...Damn that fumble

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2023, 01:26 PM
Lafayette should be a Top 20 maybe even Top 15 team heading into next year. I'll be interested to see where they land...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2023, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=centraljerseycat;3162618]

Nooooo! Love my 5 OOC games...no need to sign up for this monstrosity

4 OOC games, 5 certain years, is still plenty flexible ESPECIALLY with a bloated CAA restricting some options. Something needs to happen imo to drum up regional/local interest at this level. There's a way to do it that perfectly balances academics and athletics in 2023.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2023, 01:56 PM
CHECK-OUT HENS/SPOTS HI/LO LIGHTS IN......FORUM... FCS NEWS FEEDS.....BRAWKhttps://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s3/styles/small_16x9/public-s3/thumbnails/2023-11/delaware.png?h=c673cd1c&itok=diIPoAIE Delaware stormed back to defeat Lafayette in the first round of the FCS playoffs after trailing 28-7 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Watch highlights of the comeback here.

More... (https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2023-11-25/delaware-mounts-comeback-over-lafayette-first-round-fcs-playoffs)

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Soooo...I believe we bid on this...I will submit that for our first playoff game we would have have drawn more than 4K, I would predict 5-7K as this was a team that generated great Lafayette and LV interest and in the future the committee should consider these intangible aspects..We submitted a bid, how much. I should have asked Bob Sell was was a mere two rows in front of me and we are both class of 1984

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2023, 02:15 PM
Soooo...I believe we bid on this...I will submit that for our first playoff game we would have have drawn more than 4K, I would predict 5-7K as this was a team that generated great Lafayette and LV interest and in the future the committee should consider these intangible aspects..We submitted a bid, how much. I should have asked Bob Sell was was a mere two rows in front of me and we are both class of 1984

YAH.......YA'S WANTED FREE PARKIN'.........CHEEP CHEEP........BAWK!

Pards Rule
November 26th, 2023, 02:29 PM
YAH.......YA'S WANTED FREE PARKIN'.........CHEEP CHEEP........BAWK!

That was me and I got it on Park Rd across from Patterson Schwartz building!

Grizzlies82
November 26th, 2023, 03:44 PM
That was me and I got it on Park Rd across from Patterson Schwartz building!

Well Pards Rule, an interesting game. Sorry about the outcome, was impressed with your team giving Delaware a heck of a game.

Maybe next year we can get them out to Montana and you can continue your exploration of the west.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2023, 07:07 AM
Well Pards Rule, an interesting game. Sorry about the outcome, was impressed with your team giving Delaware a heck of a game.

Maybe next year we can get them out to Montana and you can continue your exploration of the west.

Yes sir! Maybe next year is better as I cant shake this deep chest cold and MT run now wouldnt help...Good luck Saturday EVENING...

Franks Tanks
November 27th, 2023, 07:51 AM
Lafayette should be a Top 20 maybe even Top 15 team heading into next year. I'll be interested to see where they land...

Lafayette has a very manageable OOC schedule next year. We have Marist, Columbia, Sacred Heart and Stonehill. Always solid Monmouth returns and we have a trip to Buffalo in a winnable FBS game. This was clearly a schedule made to give a rebuilding team some confidence (2-3 years ago).

24 is a 12 game season. Downside of course is if we don’t beat Buffalo, and don’t get the autobid, the schedule is likely not strong enough for an at large.

NY Crusader 2010
November 27th, 2023, 08:07 AM
Lafayette has a very manageable OOC schedule next year. We have Marist, Columbia, Sacred Heart and Stonehill. Always solid Monmouth returns and we have a trip to Buffalo in a winnable FBS game. This was clearly a schedule made to give a rebuilding team some confidence (2-3 years ago).

24 is a 12 game season. Downside of course is if we don’t beat Buffalo, and don’t get the autobid, the schedule is likely not strong enough for an at large.

Let's make it 3 straight for the Patriot League against Buffalo.

Monmouth also had a crazy Villanova-esque stretch of domination over the conference that seems to have finally ended. HC won there in 2021, Fordham in 2022 and you guys beat them this year.

gravalico
November 27th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Just looking at the depth chart this morning. It really is amazing how young this team is. That said some key losses for sure.

OFFENSE

Gilbert - TE
Barr - C
Olmstead - G

DEFENSE

Meite - DE
Olivas - LB
Fourney - LB
Schaffer - LB
Ntangtang - CB
Brown - SS

SPECIAL TEAMS

Trestik - P

There are an additional 2 seniors within the 2 deep ranks.

At the risk of stating the obvious losing one of the best lknebacking trio in FCS is a gut punch. Then again I know they have some very promising youngsters coming along including this Wideman (sp?) kid who looks like an absolute beast. Assuming Coach Saint doesn't go anywhere I think the D will be more than serviceable.

I also think next year our offense needs to bear the bulk of the load. We have some key lineman to replace. No small thing but most of our skills and superskills players are back. It's their turn.

pardfan
November 27th, 2023, 09:33 AM
Troxell won the lottery with the development of Curtis and DeNobile.

This year, everything went LC's way. HC came back to the pack (personal, visual assessment here), Colgate and Bucknell figured out they had good players when it was too late, Georgetown plays by its own rules (What do they think this is? Captain Kangaroo?), Fordham realized you don't win the close ones on talent alone (luck helps), and Lehigh has needed quality leadership for some time--off the field.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2023, 10:04 AM
Well

Hens going FBS and frankly my Dear Scarlet I don’t give a damn

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1729163578639622538?s=20

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2023, 11:11 AM
Bad move for Hens. Gonna end up like Umass...what is the reason for doing this?

pardfan
November 27th, 2023, 11:52 AM
DE coach calling Saturday a "culture win" (going into a game expecting to win?) in post-game interview had more weight than I thought. Evidently they think that will translate to the next level.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2023, 12:11 PM
DE coach calling Saturday a "culture win" (going into a game expecting to win?) in post-game interview had more weight than I thought. Evidently they think that will translate to the next level.

Presume so...Hey Pardfan did anyone ask Troxell why he trotted (boo, hiss, and a bad Tgiving enjoinder at that, SIT DOWN!) out Ryan Shuster instead of AuShaun Davis?

gravalico
November 27th, 2023, 12:20 PM
Presume so...Hey Pardfan did anyone ask Troxell why he trotted (boo, hiss, and a bad Tgiving enjoinder at that, SIT DOWN!) out Ryan Shuster instead of AuShaun Davis?I was looking at the program from the Fordham game this morning. It has Schuster listed as the number 2 QB. So, if he has been the number two all year it would have been highly unorthodox and likely problematic to just leapfrog him on the depth chart when it was time to replace Dean. It would call into question their entire depth chart process to do so and could erode trust in the locker room. Schuster must have proven himself sufficiently in practice to earn the spot. He certainly had him on a short leash and changed to Awshan as soon as it was clear Schuster wasn't getting it done. I've seen this notion that John somehow favored his recruits and that played a part. That's a load of crap. All the work he and his staff have done to build trust and change the culture and then he's going to play favorites? Horse****.

Franks Tanks
November 27th, 2023, 12:38 PM
I was looking at the program from the Fordham game this morning. It has Schuster listed as the number 2 QB. So, if he has been the number two all year it would have been highly unorthodox and likely problematic to just leapfrog him on the depth chart when it was time to replace Dean. It would call into question their entire depth chart process to do so and could erode trust in the locker room. Schuster must have proven himself sufficiently in practice to earn the spot. He certainly had him on a short leash and changed to Awshan as soon as it was clear Schuster wasn't getting it done. I've seen this notion that John somehow favored his recruits and that played a part. That's a load of crap. All the work he and his staff have done to build trust and change the culture and then he's going to play favorites? Horse****.

Schuester was also a Garrett recruit so the accusation never made sense.

https://football.thedzone.com/news/chippewa-valley-2022-qb-ryan-schuster-has-committed-to-lafayette

This site says he committed in June of 21. I also very much recall him being on the list Andy put together of our commits during Garrett’s final season and well before Trox was hired. DiNoble was I think brought on by Trox during the February signing day. Mr. QB Garrett did not leave John with a stocked cupboard at the QB position.

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking at the program from the Fordham game this morning. It has Schuster listed as the number 2 QB. So, if he has been the number two all year it would have been highly unorthodox and likely problematic to just leapfrog him on the depth chart when it was time to replace Dean. It would call into question their entire depth chart process to do so and could erode trust in the locker room. Schuster must have proven himself sufficiently in practice to earn the spot. He certainly had him on a short leash and changed to Awshan as soon as it was clear Schuster wasn't getting it done. I've seen this notion that John somehow favored his recruits and that played a part. That's a load of crap. All the work he and his staff have done to build trust and change the culture and then he's going to play favorites? Horse****.

Schuester was also a Garrett recruit so the accusation never made sense.

https://football.thedzone.com/news/chippewa-valley-2022-qb-ryan-schuster-has-committed-to-lafayette

This site says he committed in June of 21. I also very much recall him being on the list Andy put together of our commits during Garrett’s final season and well before Trox was hired. DiNoble was I think brought on by Trox during the February signing day. Mr. QB Garrett did not leave John with a stocked cupboard at the QB position.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2023, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=gravalico;3162968]I was looking at the program from the Fordham game this morning. It has Schuster listed as the number 2 QB. So, if he has been the number two all year it would have been highly unorthodox and likely problematic to just leapfrog him on the depth chart when it was time to replace Dean. It would call into question their entire depth chart process to do so and could erode trust in the locker room. Schuster must have proven himself sufficiently in practice to earn the spot. He certainly had him on a short leash and changed to Awshan as soon as it was clear Schuster wasn't getting it done. I've seen this notion that John somehow favored his recruits and that played a part. That's a load of crap. All the work he and his staff have done to build trust and change the culture and then he's going to play favorites? Horse****.

Agree Grav. I dont think John would do that. Talk about eroding trust. Man I dont know but AuShaun to be has the better arm, field presence. I can say I have seen him in action vs HIGH quality opponents like Ait Force and UNH. I have not seen Ryan at all but there was a reason he was pulled from SHU game in favor of Dean which was an incrdible turn of events for us. Ryan cost us 7 with the fumble...dont see AuShaun doing that

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Bad move for Hens. Gonna end up like Umass...what is the reason for doing this?

ego
money
Tulips

pardfan
November 27th, 2023, 02:51 PM
Thank you both for setting the record straight. Watching things collapse in that 10 1/2 minutes between the DeNobile injury and the Davis substitution was tough. I guess the important thing is that Troxell stuck with his game plan. He didn't crush Shuster's confidence going into next year. He had given his #2 a chance, it didn't work out. He moved on to Davis. I (and others, I'm sure) would have had Davis as #2.

Pards Rule
November 27th, 2023, 04:03 PM
Thank you both for setting the record straight. Watching things collapse in that 10 1/2 minutes between the DeNobile injury and the Davis substitution was tough. I guess the important thing is that Troxell stuck with his game plan. He didn't crush Shuster's confidence going into next year. He had given his #2 a chance, it didn't work out. He moved on to Davis. I (and others, I'm sure) would have had Davis as #2.

So why did Davis come in for mop up duty in Lehigh game vs Shuster??

gravalico
November 27th, 2023, 04:16 PM
So why did Davis come in for mop up duty in Lehigh game vs Shuster??Who knows? Injury to Schuster? Better match up? Disciplinary issue? Could be anything but it was probably communicated ahead of time that it would be the case.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2023, 02:49 AM

Bucknell
Colgate
Delaware
Fordham
Georgetown
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Lehigh
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova

This could very well happen (sans Delaware).

gravalico
November 28th, 2023, 05:20 AM
[QUOTE=centraljerseycat;3162618]

This could very well happen (sans Delaware).Villanova would sooner dissolve football than join the Patriot. Though, a few more years of the Patriot teams hanging with and/or beating CAA teams might change their tune...though I doubt it.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2023, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=Go...gate;3163188]Villanova would sooner dissolve football than join the Patriot. Though, a few more years of the Patriot teams hanging with and/or beating CAA teams might change their tune...though I doubt it.

Agreed Grav

ngineer
November 28th, 2023, 04:12 PM
ego
money
Tulips

Tulips?? The only thing better than a candelabra on a piano, is tulips on an organ...supposedly attributed to Liberace.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2023, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=Go...gate;3163188]Villanova would sooner dissolve football than join the Patriot. Though, a few more years of the Patriot teams hanging with and/or beating CAA teams might change their tune...though I doubt it.

I completely agree Villanova is not joining alone. However, if they're teaming up with at least one other CAA type program, ideally 2-3 others imo, who have the capacity to create some changes to PL policies then I think it is actually quite probable. Time will tell...

I also agree that Fordham is a possible defector. Although, their administration has loved the PL ties, even if it was just by dipping their ties in its pool relative to their A10 affiliation. Granted, Father McShane, who was not a fan of "major" athletics, has retired so I'm not sure what the current "athletic culture" is like at Rose Hill.

gravalico
November 28th, 2023, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=gravalico;3163193]

I completely agree Villanova is not joining alone. However, if they're teaming up with at least one other CAA type program, ideally 2-3 others imo, who have the capacity to create some changes to PL policies then I think it is actually quite probable. Time will tell...

I also agree that Fordham is a possible defector. Although, their administration has loved the PL ties, even if it was just by dipping their ties in its pool relative to their A10 affiliation. Granted, Father McShane, who was not a fan of "major" athletics, has retired so I'm not sure what the current "athletic culture" is like at Rose Hill.Who knows? It would mark a sea change in their attitude toward Patriot League football though. The current administration is of the Talley coaching tree and Andy Talley hated himself some PL football. Lafayette in particular. Personal beef, as I understand it, that extended back to the Russo days.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Talley had some serious hatred for the PL and carrying it on may be to the detriment of Villanova football.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2023, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;3163389]Who knows? It would mark a sea change in their attitude toward Patriot League football though. The current administration is of the Talley coaching tree and Andy Talley hated himself some PL football. Lafayette in particular. Personal beef, as I understand it, that extended back to the Russo days.

Andy Talley is 80 years old and never coached in the current world of college athletics. His disdain for the league is no secret but as time has gone I'm not sure the weight it carries. While I can't directly draw parallels off the top of my head, it seems "similar" to Paternos' contempt (one would argue ignorance) for his fellow Northeast programs in the 1980s.

Pards Rule
November 30th, 2023, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;3163389]Who knows? It would mark a sea change in their attitude toward Patriot League football though. The current administration is of the Talley coaching tree and Andy Talley hated himself some PL football. Lafayette in particular. Personal beef, as I understand it, that extended back to the Russo days.

What was the beef???

gravalico
November 30th, 2023, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=gravalico;3163398]
What was the beef???I honestly have no idea.

Franks Tanks
November 30th, 2023, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=gravalico;3163398]

Andy Talley is 80 years old and never coached in the current world of college athletics. His disdain for the league is no secret but as time has gone I'm not sure the weight it carries. While I can't directly draw parallels off the top of my head, it seems "similar" to Paternos' contempt (one would argue ignorance) for his fellow Northeast programs in the 1980s.

Paterno had attempted to start the Eastern 8, and find a good spot for all PSU sports. Basically everyone else thought PSU hoops were beneath them, and PSU football would just dominate. It was basically the old Big East coming together sooner, but Paterno couldn’t pull it off, and hated his eastern rivals from that point on.

I’d love to know what Billy Russo and Talley hated each other. Bill was kind of a wild man so there’s probably a good story there.

gravalico
November 30th, 2023, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=Go Lehigh TU owl;3163408]

Paterno had attempted to start the Eastern 8, and find a good spot for all PSU sports. Basically everyone else thought PSU hoops were beneath them, and PSU football would just dominate. It was basically the old Big East coming together sooner, but Paterno couldn’t pull it off, and hated his eastern rivals from that point on.

I’d love to know what Billy Russo and Talley hated each other. Bill was kind of a wild man so there’s probably a good story there.I'll bet you Tavani would know.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2023, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Franks Tanks;3163758]I'll bet you Tavani would know.

I will ask him at first game in Buffalo!! Grav, you going?

gravalico
December 1st, 2023, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=gravalico;3163759]

I will ask him at first game in Buffalo!! Grav, you going?I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow let alone next season. That being said it would be a fun game to go to for sure.

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2023, 09:53 PM
DiMuzio To Delaware?

Carty should seriously maje him an offer he can’t refuse

gravalico
December 5th, 2023, 05:21 AM
DiMuzio To Delaware?

Carty should seriously maje him an offer he can’t refuse This is my biggest fear (and is likely inevitable). You can't do the job Trox and his staff had done without the coordinators getting poached. In fact I'm sure John would absolutely encourage his staff to move onward and upwards. The good news is John is well liked, respected and very well connected. He has also made a point of employing a coaching style that employs autonomy in his coordinators. I think any ambitious coach would love the situation on College Hill. Still...it will be tough to replace DiMuzio and Saint Germain.

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2023, 06:46 AM
DiMuzio To Delaware?

Carty should seriously maje him an offer he can’t refuse

Hen, are you in favor? TJ is a very good OC...

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2023, 06:53 AM
This is my biggest fear (and is likely inevitable). You can't do the job Trox and his staff had done without the coordinators getting poached. In fact I'm sure John would absolutely encourage his staff to move onward and upwards. The good news is John is well liked, respected and very well connected. He has also made a point of employing a coaching style that employs autonomy in his coordinators. I think any ambitious coach would love the situation on College Hill. Still...it will be tough to replace DiMuzio and Saint Germain.

Hopefully they have an anchor on College Hill. Im reminded of when I was a Real Estate Rep for McDonalds Restaurants and Acme came to poach me. I had been at McDs for 4 years by then. This was in spring 1997. I was offered 25K increase in salary (note 1997 $$). Turned it down as I loved McDs and my boss and co workers. Interesting end of story a year later, Acme Markets bought by Albertsons and they canned the dude who tried to bring me in, would have been my boss and with whom I had two excellent interviews and a dinner in the wooing process. So...you never know

gravalico
December 5th, 2023, 07:01 AM
Dimuzio to Delaware makes as much sense as Troxell to Lafayette as he was a Blue Hen. That being said I suspect Delaware would be under pressure to hire as much of a "name" as possible given the move up to FBS. Or at least someone with previous FBS experience. Now, a couple of more years of extreme success at Lafayette..high powered offense with playoff victories. A couple of more kids like Curtis, the talents of whom he maximizes, anything is possible.

As for Coach Saint...he's a Leopard. I suspect Lafayette means as much to him as it does John. Perhaps he becomes the heir apparent for when John rides off into the sunset in 10+ years. That's my hope.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2023, 07:04 AM
Hen, are you in favor? TJ is a very good OC...

absolutely

he has Delaware roots and his father was All American QB for the Hens in late Sixties

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2023, 07:05 AM
Dimuzio to Delaware makes as much sense as Troxell to Lafayette as he was a Blue Hen. That being said I suspect Delaware would be under pressure to hire as much of a "name" as possible given the move up to FBS. Or at least someone with previous FBS experience. Now, a couple of more years of extreme success at Lafayette..high powered offense with playoff victories. A couple of more kids like Curtis, the talents of whom he maximizes, anything is possible.

As for Coach Saint...he's a Leopard. I suspect Lafayette means as much to him as it does John. Perhaps he becomes the heir apparent for when John rides off into the sunset in 10+ years. That's my hope.

Agreed. He was a great player and is a great Pard.

Pards Rule
December 5th, 2023, 09:27 AM
absolutely

he has Delaware roots and his father was All American QB for the Hens in late Sixties

Damn...I knew it...

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Tulips?? The only thing better than a candelabra on a piano, is tulips on an organ...supposedly attributed to Liberace.

Tulips was a reference to the Dutch Tulip craze of 1638 and how some Delaware fans are following suit

Pards Rule
December 9th, 2023, 08:22 AM
Tulips was a reference to the Dutch Tulip craze of 1638 and how some Delaware fans are following suit

I read about that..the bitcoin of the 17th century!

leopardball2010
December 9th, 2023, 08:41 AM
Damn...I knew it...What is interesting tho is the coaches that Trox has brought on. His coordinators all have previous coordination experience but at lower levels. How would Delaware look at a guy who was a D3 coach for years and just minimal FCS experience?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

gravalico
December 9th, 2023, 09:17 AM
What is interesting tho is the coaches that Trox has brought on. His coordinators all have previous coordination experience but at lower levels. How would Delaware look at a guy who was a D3 coach for years and just minimal FCS experience?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using TapatalkThey'd look pretty good if the coach in question kicks the ass of the team in question (or the equivalent) in the fcs playoffs.