PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Playoffs Round 1: North Carolina Central @ Richmond

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2023, 12:18 PM
Games kicks off on Saturday 11/25 at 2PM ET and will be streaming on ESPN+. Winner goes to #5 Albany.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53345025634_aff93b7797_b.jpg

rtzlunar
November 19th, 2023, 08:34 PM
Hey at least the winner will finally have a win against a team in the playoff field.

WestCoastAggie
November 19th, 2023, 09:11 PM
I really can't see my self ever cheering for NCCU. So, I'm abstaining from this one.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2023, 10:51 AM
Matchup breakdown added to the first post - the polls like one team and the computers like the other.... we'll see who's right.

wapiti
November 20th, 2023, 10:53 AM
NCCU will need the ball to bounce their way a few plays to have a chance in this one.

Mocs123
November 20th, 2023, 10:58 AM
The Spiders coaching staff have a couple of Chattanooga alums on it, so I'm pulling for the Spiders.

dbackjon
November 20th, 2023, 10:58 AM
Richmond by 10

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2023, 11:27 AM
I really can't see my self ever cheering for NCCU. So, I'm abstaining from this one.

Isn't it amazing what rivalries do to our brain! :D

I'm old and for decades UNH's biggest Football rival was UMass. I never, ever rooted for UMass. Even when they played Georgia Southern, I couldn't jump on the Minuteman bandwagon. xlolxxlolxxlolx

KPSUL
November 20th, 2023, 12:32 PM

I'm old and for decades UNH's biggest Football rival was UMass. I never, ever rooted for UMass. Even when they played Georgia Southern, I couldn't jump on the Minuteman bandwagon. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Did you ever jump on this one?

WestCoastAggie
November 20th, 2023, 12:46 PM

Some people are on the whole “HBCU vs Everybody” bandwagon, including a few Aggies.

But since we owe both schools a butt whipping in 2024, I hope it ends in a tie!

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 12:59 PM

where can I send you an Eagle hat?

Aggies just didn’t have much to cheer about this year

WileECoyote06
November 20th, 2023, 01:59 PM
where can I send you an Eagle hat?

Aggies just didn’t have much to cheer about this year

Hot Take: If it wasn't for Norfolk State those farmers woulda been oh and 'aleben.

Darn spartans.

wapiti
November 20th, 2023, 02:01 PM
Prediction:

NCCU: 13 Richmond: 27

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2023, 02:01 PM
Hot Take: If it wasn't for Norfolk State those farmers woulda been oh and 'aleben.

Darn spartans.

haha Ohhh and aleben

Karl Havoc
November 20th, 2023, 03:15 PM
Richmond is favored by 4.5.

Catamount87
November 20th, 2023, 03:35 PM
I think this one is a toss up as there are plenty of questions to go around about both. If forced, I lean towards Richmond so I voted that way.

acbearkat
November 20th, 2023, 08:16 PM
The CAA needs to get with the times and have their games broadcast on ESPN+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Crusader 2010
November 20th, 2023, 08:27 PM
NC Central ends the MEAC playoff drought on Saturday and proves the Howard game as an aberration.

Gil Dobie
November 21st, 2023, 07:36 AM
Go Eagles!

KPSUL
November 21st, 2023, 12:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure Flo Football closes up shop at the end of the regular season and ALL 1st Round Games are on ESPN+

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2023, 12:41 PM
Pretty sure Flo Football closes up shop at the end of the regular season and ALL 1st Round Games are on ESPN+
Yep - I'll be able to watch my first CAA football in months.

They mentioned on the selection show that all 1st and 2nd round games will be on ESPN+. Once they get to the quarterfinals they'll start putting some games on the ESPN linear networks - likely 2 or 3 of the quarterfinals and the 2 semis. The championship game is on ABC.

UAalum72
November 21st, 2023, 01:25 PM

I can't remember ANYONE saying they actually "like" using Flosports

ncspiderfan
November 22nd, 2023, 04:24 PM

I actually do not mind it. Put the app on tv and watch one game on computer and one on tv and espn+ game from other conferences on computer. Seems to me espn+ has more problems than flo. Of course, the commentators on flo sometimes leave plenty to be desired.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2023, 03:41 PM

It's no better or worse that other streaming services to include ESPN+. Any of the those streamed games are only as good as the college's own Production Dept. I think ours does a pretty good job, games at some schools can be terrible.
The problem with Flo is that unless you are a full sport member of the CAA, it is too expensive and they don't have an option to watch a single game for a nominal price.

ejjones
November 25th, 2023, 09:24 AM
FWIW, Richmond could go 0-2 against the MEAC this year & that’s a very good probability.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 09:38 AM
FWIW, Richmond could go 0-2 against the MEAC this year & that’s a very good probability.

they could

Richmond on a roll headed into playoffs though

this should be a good one and by me saying that shows how low the CAA has fallen

Chalupa Batman
November 25th, 2023, 01:39 PM
Nice catch and run for 91 yard TD. 13-7 NCCU.

Great day for college football if you like to watch offenses score.

ejjones
November 25th, 2023, 01:41 PM
they could

Richmond on a roll headed into playoffs though

this should be a good one and by me saying that shows how low the CAA has fallen
😂😂

Chalupa Batman
November 25th, 2023, 01:46 PM
Great defensive play from the Eagles chasing down a RB that looked like he had broken free for a TD, forced a fumble and NCCU recovers.

AggieManiac704
November 25th, 2023, 02:05 PM
well well well.....the 2nd half is going to be a good one

wapiti
November 25th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Wow. Richmond is bad and should not be in the playoffs too.

ejjones
November 25th, 2023, 02:09 PM
Wow. Richmond is bad and should not be in the playoffs too.

I wouldn’t discredit how good NCCU is…they’ve been solid all year minus a lapse against Howard…

wapiti
November 25th, 2023, 02:10 PM
I wouldn’t discredit how good NCCU is…they’ve been solid all year minus a lapse against Howard…

Nccu is not good either.

The Yo Show
November 25th, 2023, 02:12 PM
Delaware struggling right now too...

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2023, 03:18 PM
Richmond 21 N C Central 20 4:25 3rd.

Spiders made a couple bad mistakes early. Hope they have them out of their system.

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2023, 03:27 PM
Richmond drops their second potential pick six of the game on 3rd down, but worked out, 65 yard punt return for TD.

Richmond 28 NC Central 20 start 4th.

ejjones
November 25th, 2023, 03:40 PM
I think Richards got hurt in the 2nd Q…QB run is a lot of their game.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 25th, 2023, 04:05 PM
No more MEAC teams in the playoffs.

wapiti
November 25th, 2023, 04:16 PM
No more MEAC or SWAC teams in the playoffs.

Fixed it

mvfcfan
November 25th, 2023, 04:26 PM
I agree that the SWAC / MEAC shouldn't be eligible for at-large bids to the playoffs. Besides both of those leagues being pretty bad in general, they treat the playoffs like the NIT in men's basketball. If they want to send their AQ to their bowl game then so be it, but that should completely remove their other schools from at-large consideration.

ncspiderfan
November 25th, 2023, 04:33 PM
I think Richards got hurt in the 2nd Q…QB run is a lot of their game.

Man, that guy is good. He did get dinged, and they did not run him as much, once that part of their offense was sort of taken away Spider D-line teed off with five sacks.
N C Central only gained 4 yards in five possessions at one time after that.

NC Central has a better football team than they get credit for when that guy is runnng and throwing it . He is also surrounded by other good skill players. I do not know what happened against Howard, but surprised it did.

- - - Updated - - -

WestCoastAggie
November 25th, 2023, 05:09 PM
Oh well. Go Spiders!

NY Crusader 2010
November 25th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Watched a few minutes of this game. A healthy Holy Cross would've steamrolled either of these two at large entrants. Oh well, it is what it is.

taper
November 25th, 2023, 08:04 PM
Watched a few minutes of this game. A healthy Holy Cross would've steamrolled either of these two at large entrants. Oh well, it is what it is.
The only way to be healthy at this point in the season is to play a cream puff schedule. Real teams have depth.

Whampas
November 25th, 2023, 10:06 PM

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. Vocabulary of a loser.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2023, 10:13 PM
Man, that guy is good. He did get dinged, and they did not run him as much, once that part of their offense was sort of taken away Spider D-line teed off with five sacks.
N C Central only gained 4 yards in five possessions at one time after that.

NC Central has a better football team than they get credit for when that guy is runnng and throwing it . He is also surrounded by other good skill players. I do not know what happened against Howard, but surprised it did.

- - - Updated - - -

Ive had NC Central ranked all year because of that QB, shame he got hurt

Panther88
November 25th, 2023, 10:20 PM
The only way to be healthy at this point in the season is to play a cream puff schedule. Real teams have QUALITY depth.

FYP. I agree + great coaches who make game-decisive adjustments.

ncspiderfan
November 26th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Ive had NC Central ranked all year because of that QB, shame he got hurt

I get it after watching him. The WR Smith is pretty good also.

SpiderJPO
November 26th, 2023, 09:09 PM
Don’t think his injury was to his legs. Shoulder issue is what I heard. The Spiders won this game in the trenches and the five QB sacks was his biggest issue as constant pressure put on by the Richmond defensive line in the second half was the key.

SpiderJPO
November 26th, 2023, 09:12 PM
Holy Cross fans should be more worried about a new QB than what they could have done if they had made the playoffs.