PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-11

JALMOND
November 9th, 2023, 12:46 AM
Games this weekend are on Veterans Day and a special shout to all the veterans out there. Heading in to this weekend I am at 56-17 for the year and I have never had a season with 20 misses, but I am on that pace this year. We are coming down the stretch and teams are making a push, both for the playoffs and for next year. Here are my predictions for the conference games this weekend.

CP at SAC---The Mustangs are still trying to play out the string and take some positives in to next season. However, a trip to the Hornet nest is not something that will be good for them. The Hornets are trying to secure a playoff spot and do not want to create any doubt for the committee...SAC 41, CP 7.

EWU at MSU---The Eagles are trying to gain momentum for next year and while they have the offense to score on almost anyone, their defense has been their downfall this year. The Bobcats have been dangerous all year and have a strong team top to bottom. They want to make some playoff noise...MSU 52, EWU 31.

UI at WSU---The Vandals are trying to ride the wave of their impressive win two weeks ago into a strong presence in the playoffs. The Wildcats season has been derailed early on and they are trying to get some good vibes for next year. A dome team outdoors in November. Take the home team...WSU 24, UI 17.

UM at PSU---The Grizzlies are playing well right now and are peaking at the right time. The early season struggles seem so long ago. The offense is clicking and the defense has been stout all year. The Vikings have been scaring everyone, but they have not been able to string victories...UM 38, PSU 14.

UNC at NAU---The Bears are still looking for their first win, but they have been playing everyone tough which makes one think they will break through and get that win. The Lumberjacks have been hot and cold, able to play with anyone and able to lose to anyone. But this is at home indoors...NAU 40, UNC 10.

UCD at ISU---The Aggies are still hoping for a playoff berth, but they need to win out and then get a favorable vote from the committee. The winning is something they can control They do have to go to the Bengals barn that has not been too kind to visitors. The Bengals would like to win again...UCD 28, ISU 26.

bonarae
November 9th, 2023, 04:22 AM
Sac
Montana State
Vandals
Griz
NAU
UC Davis

wapiti
November 9th, 2023, 11:21 AM
2nd to last weekend of games. Teams are getting sorted out and many have been eliminated from post season play. 4 should make it and one is on the bubble.

CP 13 at 32 SAC ---Sac still needs a win to get to the 7 win total and should get there in this game. With the win over Stanford should be in the playoffs.

EWU 25 at 42 MSU --- I see the Cat's running game to have good numbers in this game.

UI 32 at 24 WSU--- Another road game for the Vandals to stub their toe on. Weber is coming off a nice road win over a rival. Wil the BBQ have a let down after that win?

UM 28 at 17 PSU---The Griz are starting to fire on all cylinders. The Vikings would love to play a spoiler role against the Griz.

UNC 17 at 28 NAU---The Walkup Skydome is a tough place to play and the Bears are a weak team.

UCD 24 at 21 ISU---The Aggies still have hope for post season play and need to win out. The Bengals are at home and coming off a tough loss at home.

dbackjon
November 9th, 2023, 11:23 AM
Sac
MSU
Idaho
Montana
NAU
Davis

MSUBobcat
November 9th, 2023, 01:12 PM
EWU 24 @ MSU 48 - 2nd best rushing attack in the country against the 6th worst rushing defense in the country. xchinscratchx And in Bozeman to boot. Should be a runaway...
Idaho 34 @ Weber 20 - Surprisingly, the Grills only home win this year is against D-II Central Washington. I don't see them getting the second against the FCS #2/3.
NoCoLOL 13 @ NAU 31 - UNC is epically bad; cannot fathom them getting a W in Walkup
Cal Poly 10 @ Sac St. 34 - The Hornets need this to stay alive in the playoff hunt. Even with a win in the Causeway Classic, a loss to Poly probably eliminates them. I also don't think beating Poly solidifies them for a berth at 7 wins. The win over Stanford is nice, but 7-4 with basically the Stanford win to point to puts them squarely on the bubble, IMO.
UC Davis 28 @ ISU-o 23 - Davis is in must-win mode for any semblance of hope of a playoff berth. I think they do just enough to keep the dream alive.
UM 37 @ PSU 20 - Portland State would still have the 32nd highest ppg, even if the NAU game (North American, not Northern Arizona) is excluded (18th if you also exclude the Ducks game). The Griz O is also clicking. I think this could be pretty high scoring (at least compared to the over/under of 51.5).

MSUBobcat
November 9th, 2023, 01:18 PM
Games this weekend are on Veterans Day and a special shout to all the veterans out there. Heading in to this weekend I am at 56-17 for the year and I have never had a season with 20 misses, but I am on that pace this year. We are coming down the stretch and teams are making a push, both for the playoffs and for next year. Here are my predictions for the conference games this weekend.

CP at SAC---The Mustangs are still trying to play out the string and take some positives in to next season. However, a trip to the Hornet nest is not something that will be good for them. The Hornets are trying to secure a playoff spot and do not want to create any doubt for the committee...SAC 41, CP 7.

EWU at MSU---The Eagles are trying to gain momentum for next year and while they have the offense to score on almost anyone, their defense has been their downfall this year. The Bobcats have been dangerous all year and have a strong team top to bottom. They want to make some playoff noise...MSU 52, EWU 31.

UI at WSU---The Vandals are trying to ride the wave of their impressive win two weeks ago into a strong presence in the playoffs. The Wildcats season has been derailed early on and they are trying to get some good vibes for next year. A dome team outdoors in November. Take the home team...WSU 24, UI 17.

UM at PSU---The Grizzlies are playing well right now and are peaking at the right time. The early season struggles seem so long ago. The offense is clicking and the defense has been stout all year. The Vikings have been scaring everyone, but they have not been able to string victories...UM 38, PSU 14.

UNC at NAU---The Bears are still looking for their first win, but they have been playing everyone tough which makes one think they will break through and get that win. The Lumberjacks have been hot and cold, able to play with anyone and able to lose to anyone. But this is at home indoors...NAU 40, UNC 10.

UCD at ISU---The Aggies are still hoping for a playoff berth, but they need to win out and then get a favorable vote from the committee. The winning is something they can control They do have to go to the Bengals barn that has not been too kind to visitors. The Bengals would like to win again...UCD 28, ISU 26.

Man, would that be sweet! Combined with beating dUMb in the Brawl, we would have a very legit shot at the 3-seed (unless the committee looks at USD's 9-2 record with losses to SDSU and ranked Mizzou - I personally think their drubbing at home by SDSU doesn't compare as well to our 2 close road losses, but I might be biased).

Catbooster
November 9th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Interesting week - Father and Son head coaches going against each other in UCS vs ISU plus Barnie's son on the Griz team, Bobby's son coaching for PSU.

mvemjsunpx
November 9th, 2023, 10:21 PM
Montana 34-23 Portland St. — Classic trap game, but PSU's now out of the running so an unimpressive win is more likely than an upset loss

Cal Poly 10-42 Sac State — A "style points for the playoff committee" game for the Hornets

Davis 38-28 Idaho St. — If there was Big Sky Fantasy Football, this would be an ideal week to play Lan Larison

Idaho 27-13 Weber — A semi-trap game, but Weber's offense just isn't threatening

NololColol 10-31 NAU — The home team has won 9 straight in this series

EWU 27-49 Montana St. — The Big Sky's Worst Run Defense + Playing in Bozeman ≠ Good Chance of Winning

The Cats
November 11th, 2023, 09:45 AM
EWU @ MSU
Idaho @ Weber NoCo 13 @ NAU
Cal Poly @ Sac St.
UC Davis @ ISU
UM @ PSU

JALMOND
November 12th, 2023, 12:42 PM

Great time to be perfect. 62-17 for the year. I just might avoid 20 misses after all.