PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 10, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
November 4th, 2023, 08:47 PM
Well, it's been a heckuva weekend. Some shakeups, and some tough decisions coming as to where to place a number of teams. Since its been a very busy Saturday for me, I am posting the How They Fared with three games of significance remaining in the balance (you can click the score link, even though it says 0-0, to take you to the gamecast). I'll update completely by morning (if not earlier), and I'll let you all provide the discussion.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r3X0aO3AVH0e-K067ONZA_YypdwfdKBGwQJfY7uUYkk/edit?usp=sharing) to see this week's How They Fared, and have a good rest of your weekend.

smilo
November 4th, 2023, 09:42 PM
Thank you much as ever!

No idea what to do with the final two spots this week. Lafayette ought to be punished, but they probably still need to be ahead of Holy Cross.

There is no way I am including Incarnate Word. They have no resume to speak of.

The trio of CAA teams have losses that are too bad to seriously consider. Illinois State's bad loss is marginally better, but they didn't inspire much confidence today. They are beating bad teams too closely. And Eastern Illinois can't be included - they are beating REALLY bad teams too closely.

Maybe Central Arkansas despite last week. I won't pigeon-hole Tarleton ahead of them for the sake of it. If I cared for that resume, I'd just rank Incarnate Word.

I may have to default to the Patriot Leaguers, but I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. Central Arkansas has a case. Elon has a tinier case of recency bias and ceiling.

SeattleCat
November 4th, 2023, 10:02 PM
Nicholls Should replace ICW, therefore neither should be ranked

MTfan4life
November 5th, 2023, 12:49 AM
Nicholls Should replace ICW, therefore neither should be ranked

I wholeheartedly agree Incarnate Word should not be ranked. They have been just terrible since the start of October barely beating some of the worst teams in the FCS and now finally getting roughed up by a team that had been under .500. They're just not a good team right now, and their 83rd best schedule still includes an NAIA opponent.

penguinpower
November 5th, 2023, 05:10 AM
Delaware is overrated. I've been saying as much for the last few weeks.

Who have they beaten to deserve their ranking? They are media darlings because Craig Hailey is a unique that pushes them via the ghey and worthless STATS poll.

Just because they're the best of a mediocre CAA this year means nothing. Look at the **** show thenCAA out on in the playoffs last year.

The CAA and Southern Conferences are suffering from FBS Poaching. They're losing their blue bloods and just because there's a league leader, doesn't necessitate a high ranking out of respect for the conference. That's where everyone is going wrong.

Delaware is a fraud this year as they were last year.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2023, 05:48 AM
Delaware is overrated. I've been saying as much for the last few weeks.

Who have they beaten to deserve their ranking? They are media darlings because Craig Hailey is a unique that pushes them via the ghey and worthless STATS poll.

Just because they're the best of a mediocre CAA this year means nothing. Look at the **** show thenCAA out on in the playoffs last year.

The CAA and Southern Conferences are suffering from FBS Poaching. They're losing their blue bloods and just because there's a league leader, doesn't necessitate a high ranking out of respect for the conference. That's where everyone is going wrong.

Delaware is a fraud this year as they were last year.

Delaware just needs to get healthy, 4 key players out yesterday on offense. They have been overrated all year on AGS, but If healthy they are more of a threat than last year

penguinpower
November 5th, 2023, 07:55 AM
Delaware just needs to get healthy, 4 key players out yesterday on offense. They have been overrated all year on AGS, but If healthy they are more of a threat than last year

What hall to my original post?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2023, 02:26 PM

You apparently deleted it because this is what it says on my end:

This message has been deleted by penguinpower (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?1633-penguinpower).

ursus arctos horribilis
November 5th, 2023, 02:28 PM
I went and "undeleted" it for you.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2023, 03:09 PM

huh?

penguinpower
November 6th, 2023, 05:58 AM
Somehow the post you quoted (my original) is missing. Strange.

caribbeanhen
November 6th, 2023, 06:34 AM

I never understood your post, what were you trying to ask or say?

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2023, 06:43 AM

FROM POST #8........BY URSUS!

This message has been deleted by penguinpower (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?1633-penguinpower). xlolx

DON'T YOU EVER BACK-READ?..........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2023, 07:06 AM
I never understood your post, what were you trying to ask or say?

....HE'S AS JITTERY...AS RALPH FURLEY..........AFTER UH CLOSE ONE...WHIFF DUH LEAFLESS TREES.......AWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 6th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Voters you have a little over an hour to cast your ballot so please do so if you have not yet.

penguinpower
November 6th, 2023, 11:11 AM
I don't recall deleting it.