PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread 12/7: Appalachian State vs. Richmond

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Boone4280
December 7th, 2007, 10:50 PM
TICKETS?????? i need to find a place to get tickets for friday???????

appstate38
December 7th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Yes I am aware of that I've been to your place twice. ESPN simply pointed out what I've thought all along.

Wow 2 trips to Boone and the word of FCS haters from ESPN, Man that is strong enough evidence to convince me that you have no clue about ASU football or the tradition we have.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
GODWIN'S LAW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)

That means you automatically loose this round, bodoyle. xlolx

If it will make you feel warm and fuzzy we can substitute him with the pope or prez bush or anyone else for that matter.

jonmac
December 7th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yes I am aware of that I've been to your place twice. ESPN simply pointed out what I've thought all along.

Yes, and ESPN announcers also tried to point out last week that the receiving team cannot touch the kicked ball until it goes 10 yards. ALL HAIL THE ALL POWERFUL AND ALL KNOWING ESPN.xbowx xbowx xbowx

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Wow 2 trips to Boone and the word of FCS haters from ESPN, Man that is strong enough evidence to convince me that you have no clue about ASU football or the tradition we have.

So being cocky and immature is part of your tradition then?

jonmac
As I said earlier. Lead the cheers, sit with the students. I have NO PROBLEM with that whatsoever. But he crossed the line.

Please explain specifically what crossed the line?

bodoyle
Yes, and ESPN announcers also tried to point out last week that the receiving team cannot touch the kicked ball until it goes 10 yards. ALL HAIL THE ALL POWERFUL AND ALL KNOWING ESPN.xbowx xbowx xbowx

xrolleyesx yea uhm that has what to do with seeing a chancellor/president acting like an idiot? if florida did it espn would have said it then too.

lizrdgizrd
December 7th, 2007, 10:53 PM
If it will make you feel warm and fuzzy we can substitute him with the pope or prez bush or anyone else for that matter.
The fact is that he's not rubbing anything in any opponent's nose. He's celebrating and cheering with our students, alumni, and fans. They're his focus and nobody else. Sorry if you can't understand that kind of support.

jonmac
xrolleyesx yea uhm that has what to do with seeing a chancellor/president acting like an idiot? if florida did it espn would have said it then too.

ALL HAIL THE ALL POWERFUL AND ALL KNOWING BODOYLExbowx xbowx

bodoyle
Please explain specifically what crossed the line?

1) you are not in the natl title game
2) u have struggled in these playoffs
3) the game wasnt over
4) students carrying him? he cant walk on the track?

is that enough? i can continue if you would like.

Boone4280
WHO CARES U CC LOSER......HOW CAN I GET TICKETS FOR NEXT WEEK???????????

ERASU2113
December 7th, 2007, 10:54 PM
24,140 in attendance. Highest ever for an ASU playoff game and for an FCS playoff game non-championship division

appstate38
December 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM

Beats the pants off of being peity and childish!!! You know nothing of our School and University or the time that this Chancellor puts into being available to this student body. When they tore down the goals posts after the Michigan game the goal posts ended up in his front yard. Is this getting any clearer for you?

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 10:55 PM
WHO CARES U CC LOSER......HOW CAN I GET TICKETS FOR NEXT WEEK???????????

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-FCS-NCAA-Championship-Tickets-Chattanooga-12-14-I-AA_W0QQitemZ150192089137QQihZ005QQcategoryZ16122QQ cmdZViewItem

Im sure appy and the other teams atheltic dept will have them too

Aho_Old_Guy
December 7th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Hey, guys . . .

Ignore the cur. Peacock has been an excellent representative of ASU and the university system in NC. Maybe that's way so many people from Illinois are moving down here . . .

:)

bodoyle
Beats the pants off of being peity and childish!!! You know nothing of our School and University or the time that this Chancellor puts into being available to this student body. When they tore down the goals posts after the Michigan game the goal posts ended up in his front yard. Is this getting any clearer for you?

As clear as mud. According to you because your Chancellor does other good things for the community/school etc that means he has the leniency to be an immature moron at other times.

I SEE THE LIGHT!

ASU Tailgaiteer

And your tradition is.......

Take it to the smack board

Sure am glad I purchased 4 championship tickets off the Chattanooga website earlier this week. They arrived today.

Not a better tailgate nor a better venue!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Peacock is one of the reasons I was looking forward to watching App. on TV tonight. He was almost as entertaining as Armanti Edwards was. His enthusiasm is refreshing. You do not have to be stolid and prim and proper all of the time to be a leader. As a matter of fact, attitudes can be contagious, and a university chancellor is a good person to spread them.

TheRock21
bodoyle, Coastal Carolina college will NEVER EVER be at the level we are at. What a joke man, taken a shot at the chancellor xnonox You are a tool xthumbsupx

bodoyle
Anyways, nice game by the players, good full crowd. Looked like Richmond had good support. Hope its appy and siu.

til next week......

jonmac
1) you are not in the natl title game
2) u have struggled in these playoffs
3) the game wasnt over
4) students carrying him? he cant walk on the track?

is that enough? i can continue if you would like.

Where is the taunting?
1) we are now
2) yes, we have...we are playing for a 3rd title, so?
3) all but over
4) yes, and he does, but wouldn't be seen as well by student section, again, so?

lizrdgizrd
Ok, so we learned that -> | <- here is bodoyle's line that must not be crossed and -> | <- here is everyone else's.

Yosef_grrl99
December 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Your chancellor can "cheerlead" all he wants. Have him sittin in the student section leading cheers...I dont care. It's not his enthuasiam that bothers me. It's his arrogance, immaturity and cockiness.

Any university would be LUCKY to have a man like Chancellor Ken Peacock at the helm of their respective institution. Just what exactly makes him cocky? Is it the fact that he's not in the "Chancellor's box" enjoying wine and cheese that makes him so? There's hardly a student on campus that hasn't talked to the man face to face. And the fact that those trophies are attached to his arms at all times for people to physically touch and photograph at any given moment says a lot for what happens when the administrations gets behind their Athletic Department.

During the Borkowski era (previous chancellor) our football program was on the brink of greatness but it always seemed like an uphill battle. Now with the combination of a Chancellor who embraces athletics and an Athletic Director who sees the future and knows how to get us there . . . well let's just say those back-to-back trophies are a reflection of that supportive atmosphere.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM
bodoyle, Coastal Carolina college will NEVER EVER be at the level we are at. What a joke man, taken a shot at the chancellor xnonox You are a tool xthumbsupx

what the hell is coastal carolina college????

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Where is the taunting?
1) we are now
2) yes, we have...we are playing for a 3rd title, so?
3) all but over
4) yes, and he does, but wouldn't be seen as well by student section, again, so?

this game was for the national championship? ohhh well shoot then. congrats on the 3 peat!! xcoolx

what the hell is between the track and the student other then a wall? nothing.

ASU Tailgaiteer
December 7th, 2007, 11:01 PM
what the hell is coastal carolina college????

15 more negative posts, then you'll hit 2,300. Then you can go to sleep

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:02 PM
15 more negative posts, then you'll hit 2,300. Then you can go to sleep

thats my goal. 2300 app bashing adrian peterson hating posts! :p

appstate38
Bodoyle,

You have managed to take one instance in the game and frame an entire line of faulty thinking around it... Here's hoping you are never called to be a witness in court.

bodoyle
Any university would be LUCKY to have a man like Chancellor Ken Peacock at the helm of their respective institution. Just what exactly makes him cocky? Is it the fact that he's not in the "Chancellor's box" enjoying wine and cheese that makes him so? There's hardly a student on campus that hasn't talked to the man face to face. And the fact that those trophies are attached to his arms at all times for people to physically touch and photograph at any given moment says a lot for what happens when the administrations gets behind their Athletic Department.

During the Borkowski era (previous chancellor) our football program was on the brink of greatness but it always seemed like an uphill battle. Now with the combination of a Chancellor who embraces athletics and an Athletic Director who sees the future and knows how to get us there . . . well let's just say those back-to-back trophies are a reflection of that supportive atmosphere.

Ive already answered this over and over.

Apparently only LIZ understands.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Bodoyle,

You have managed to take one instance in the game and frame an entire line of faulty thinking around it... Here's hoping you are never called to be a witness in court.

as i have stated before. i have no problem with the game. you guys played well. armanti killed richmond u smoked them.

i have a problem with your chancellor.

Block-A
December 7th, 2007, 11:06 PM
bodoyle couldn't find anything wrong with the game, had to hate on the Administration.

That's kind of sad. Usually, you can find some drunk students to hate on, but, going after the Chancellor?

That's too bad, really.

Tsk, tsk. Just too bad.

jonmac
December 7th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I still can't figure out where the taunting was. But no big deal. I think I'm over it now. Can't believe I let myself get caught up in that. Sorry App fans, sorry Bodoyle. You have a right to your opinion. Don't know why you are so hostile, but you have a right.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:07 PM
bodoyle couldn't find anything wrong with the game, had to hate on the Administration.

That's kind of sad. Usually, you can find some drunk students to hate on, but, going after the Chancellor?

That's too bad, really.

Tsk, tsk. Just too bad.

Hell if its drunk students, then i would hate every school...including my own!

appstate38
December 7th, 2007, 11:08 PM
So if the Announcers had said they liked his excitement would your opinion been different? Amazing that you are freaking out because Peacock had the audacity to support his team. What you can't find something better to complain about.

bodoyle
I still can't figure out where the taunting was. But no big deal. I think I'm over it now. Can't believe I let myself get caught up in that. Sorry App fans, sorry Bodoyle. You have a right to your opinion. Don't know why you are so hostile, but you have a right.

Neither can I! As I told Liz I didnt anticipate this response. i was just supporting espn since they usually suck at fcs broadcasts.

asuboys
AN ASU alumni sitting here in DC enjoying this win.... Reading these posts and can't get over this guy from "Conway, SC" getting on our chancellor's case..... Focus on something else dude.... I know Peacock personally, and his enthusiasm for our school is infectuous... too bad CCU's chancellor can't do the same for you school...

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:09 PM
So if the Announcers had said they liked his excitement would your opinion been different? Amazing that you are freaking out because Peacock had the audacity to support his team. What you can't find something better to complain about.

No. It just would have been another thing I disagreed with espn about. xnodx

Richmond Mountaineer
December 7th, 2007, 11:10 PM
bodoyle your a joke. Guess since you and coastal are losers, you'll never understand. Peacock is great. See you guys in Chatty!

Boone4280
December 7th, 2007, 11:11 PM
is the championship game sold out?

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:12 PM
AN ASU alumni sitting here in DC enjoying this win.... Reading these posts and can't get over this guy from "Conway, SC" getting on our chancellor's case..... Focus on something else dude.... I know Peacock personally, and his enthusiasm for our school is infectuous... too bad CCU's chancellor can't do the same for you school...

Check again. I'm from Chicago, IL.

first we dont have a chancellor we have a president. and i like a president/chanc. that is involved but i just think he crosse the line and u and your fans disagree. simple as that.

lizrdgizrd
December 7th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Enough already! Congrats to Richmond for playing tough. Until that last INT it was always in doubt. xthumbsupx

appstate38
December 7th, 2007, 11:15 PM
Enough already! Congrats to Richmond for playing tough. Until that last INT it was always in doubt. xthumbsupx

Agreed!!!!xthumbsupx

CharlestonAppFan
December 7th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Check again. I'm from Chicago, IL.

first we dont have a chancellor we have a president. and i like a president/chanc. that is involved but i just think he crosse the line and u and your fans disagree. simple as that.

What's wrong with you beach chicken? I've been on this site for a while and I've always read what you've said, but tonight you're just a sore loser in my opinion. Why are you so down on our chancellor? xeyebrowx We have someone who CARES for our school and what we've accomplished...obviously you cannot understand school spirit.xsmhx Peacock didn't do anything that your "president" wouldn't do if he was that enthusiatistic about your school. I'm sorry for your lack of respect for a team/school that is accomplishing great things for OUR DIVISION. It helps us all that he is so vocal....you dig? xeyebrowx

ASUPATCH
December 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM
as i have stated before. i have no problem with the game. you guys played well. armanti killed richmond u smoked them.

i have a problem with your chancellor.

Well dont become an ASU fan cause you would be the only one that doesnt like Peacock.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM

here-here!

asuboys
December 7th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Chicago... yeah, I see that.... But the school is still in Conway (Horry County)..... isn't it the school with the stadium that "Hooters" built...... Classy....

Block-A
December 7th, 2007, 11:19 PM
too bad CCU's chancellor can't do the same for you school

Now, now... Wait a mo...

There are probably plenty of chancellors around the country enthusiastic about the successes of their schools, athletically and academically.

We just happen to be graced with one who is rather demonstrative and photogenic*.

*(Carrying two National trophies around can add greatly to your photogenicity**, however.)

**(if that's not a word, I'm copyrighting it now....)

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:20 PM
What's wrong with you beach chicken? I've been on this site for a while and I've always read what you've said, but tonight you're just a sore loser in my opinion. Why are you so down on our chancellor? xeyebrowx We have someone who CARES for our school and what we've accomplished...obviously you cannot understand school spirit.xsmhx Peacock didn't do anything that your "president" wouldn't do if he was that enthusiatistic about your school. I'm sorry for your lack of respect for a team/school that is accomplishing great things for OUR DIVISION. It helps us all that he is so vocal....you dig? xeyebrowx

charleston: what am i a sore loser from? i stated that i am cheering for the local team in the playoffs (siu). so your game didn't impact that at all. xsmhx

yes i dig. i udnerstnad what you are saying. and as i have stated it isnt because its your chancellor. if it was CCUs president doing it, 1) i woudl be embarrassed 2) he would have a voicemail and email waiting for him on Monday morning from me.

him coming to sporting events is great, but i just think your chancellor went too far.

1 thing though. i do understand school spirit. i make the 1000mile drive every year to go to a ccu event and when i was a student i made many drives to away games for all sports.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Chicago... yeah, I see that.... But the school is still in Conway (Horry County)..... isn't it the school with the stadium that "Hooters" built...... Classy....

Yep $7million from Mr Brooks. RIP

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:22 PM
too bad CCU's chancellor can't do the same for you school

Now, now... Wait a mo...

There are probably plenty of chancellors around the country enthusiastic about the successes of their schools, athletically and academically.

We just happen to be graced with one who is rather demonstrative and photogenic*.

*(Carrying two National trophies around can add greatly to your photogenicity**, however.)

**(if that's not a word, I'm copyrighting it now....)

block, you got your own dictionary now man. lol

i am all for chancellors who are supportive beyond sitting in their air conditioned/heated skybox. i cant stand those types. I just think there is a happy-medium b/w that and peacock. thats all.

jonmac
As I said, Bodoyle, I'm over it. But I can't promise what the responses will be when all that attended the game start catching up on this thread. I'm sure you realize that you struck a nerve.

chantster
Good game, ASU.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching Armanti again. That is one tough kid.

I certainly didn't think the chancellor stepped out of bounds, nor did I see anything remotely close to taunting.

Good luck in Chatty!

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
As I said, Bodoyle, I'm over it. But I can't promise what the responses will be when all that attended the game start catching up on this thread. I'm sure you realize that you struck a nerve.

absolutely jon. i expect a barrage, and some negative rep points etc. lol :p

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Where did everyone get taunting from?

If I said that I take it back. I didn't mean to infer he was taunting. Just overstepped a line IMO.

Block-A
December 7th, 2007, 11:28 PM

I think I'll make it photogenicitiness instead

Watch out for my thesaurus... ;-) It's appaboonaliciousful!

CharlestonAppFan
December 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
absolutely jon. i expect a barrage, and some negative rep points etc. lol :p

I wouldn't give you negative rep pointsxsmhx , but for the life of me, how can you say that someone like Peacock is a negative influence for ASU? xeyebrowx Like I said he not only represents ASU, but he is highly visable for our DIVISION as well. xnodx I was at the bar tonight with about 150 people (60 App fans) and when he came on TV, everyone (not including us App fans) came over to us and asked who he was. I explained that he was our Chancellor and EVERY ONE OF THEM told me that they wished they had a LEADER like that at their school and promoted their school like he did tonight. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you tonight.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:37 PM

I think I'll make it photogenicitiness instead

Watch out for my thesaurus... ;-) It's appaboonaliciousful!

rep points for that!

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't give you negative rep pointsxsmhx , but for the life of me, how can you say that someone like Peacock is a negative influence for ASU? xeyebrowx Like I said he not only represents ASU, but he is highly visable for our DIVISION as well. xnodx I was at the bar tonight with about 150 people (60 App fans) and when he came on TV, everyone (not including us App fans) came over to us and asked who he was. I explained that he was our Chancellor and EVERY ONE OF THEM told me that they wished they had a LEADER like that at their school and promoted their school like he did tonight. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you tonight.

That's perfectly fine Charleston. We don't always have to see eye-to-eye. I just think it shines, not necessairly bad light, but a dim light on him and the university becuase, IMO, he crossed the line between being a fan and being the chancellor.

CharlestonAppFan
December 7th, 2007, 11:43 PM
That's perfectly fine Charleston. We don't always have to see eye-to-eye. I just think it shines, not necessairly bad light, but a dim light on him and the university becuase, IMO, he crossed the line between being a fan and being the chancellor.

OK, agree to diagree then :) but I can usually see both sides of the debate somewhat, but I'm not so sure I can see yours tonight. Good wishes to you up in the cold weather area, otherwise known as SCCHHCAWWGGOOO....

ASUG8
December 7th, 2007, 11:45 PM
aplha sig: What does the divisionof FCS and FBS have to do with the chancellor? You didn't see the Gators President doing that during the bowl game did you? NEver saw Jerry Krause of the Bulls do it. Never saw steinbrenner do it. Never saw Mt Union do it. etc etc etc

Never saw but one guy walk on the moon either, did you? People make a legacy by doing something completely unconventional like Peacock has. We expect chancellors to be staid, conservative, button-ed up types. Isn't it kinda cool when a guy who has no previous ties to the university embraces the student body and alumni and is proud to be their employee? My chancellor at ASU was a figurehead, and I knew him. Peacock has everybody in the palm of his hand from a fundraising and popular perspective. I haven't seen it, but I guess his basic job description would be to 1) improve applications - check 2) improve fundraising - check 3)manage the university so that it improves year over year - check

If you dislike his motives, fine. He's using what works for him, and it really appears to not upset anyone but you.

BTW, Steinbrenner just fires people before they get the chance to showcase their talents.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:46 PM
OK, agree to diagree then :) but I can usually see both sides of the debate somewhat, but I'm not so sure I can see yours tonight. Good wishes to you up in the cold weather area, otherwise known as SCCHHCAWWGGOOO....

Thanks...gotta spell it phonetically so people know how to pronounce it. Shhcahgo is like nails on a chalk board to me. And it's not too bad here tonight. Low of 20 or so and snow/ice tomorrow.

Griswold
December 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
You make it sound like he carried the trophies over to the visitors side and stuck it in the face of the Richmond fans or that he walked along the Spiders' side line...get over it Bodoyle!

Here's to spending another Friday night in December in Chattanooga!

xprost2x

Boone4280
December 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
the real question is where did the goal post end up??

haha its great to see the field without the post
http://www.booneweb.com/webcam/

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Never saw but one guy walk on the moon either, did you? People make a legacy by doing something completely unconventional like Peacock has. We expect chancellors to be staid, conservative, button-ed up types. Isn't it kinda cool when a guy who has no previous ties to the university embraces the student body and alumni and is proud to be their employee? My chancellor at ASU was a figurehead, and I knew him. Peacock has everybody in the palm of his hand from a fundraising and popular perspective. I haven't seen it, but I guess his basic job description would be to 1) improve applications - check 2) improve fundraising - check 3)manage the university so that it improves year over year - check

If you dislike his motives, fine. He's using what works for him, and it really appears to not upset anyone but you.

BTW, Steinbrenner just fires people before they get the chance to showcase their talents.

yes it absolutely does work for him, so i dont expect him to stop it. and my opinion being different from everyone elses' is nothing new here. :p

steinbrenner can rot in he!! as far as I'm concerned, just using him as an example.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM
You make it sound like he carried the trophies over to the visitors side and stuck it in the face of the Richmond fans or that he walked along the Spiders side line...get over it Bodoyle!

Here's to spending another Friday night in December in Chattanooga!

xprost2x

wrong. i have no problem with you guys winning the game. that's tertiary at best to me.

AppStateSVX
December 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM

should not the chancellor be the school's biggest fan?

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:50 PM
should not the chancellor be the school's biggest fan?

GREAT QUESTION!

should he be the #1 fan? yes
should he act like it (if that means doing what he did tonight)? no

ASUG8
December 7th, 2007, 11:53 PM

Sorry, confused hillbilly here. If your own university's chancellor isn't a big fan of the university, then who should be? Think about your workplace - I'm a fan of my company because I think we're the best, and when we get a win with a customer I'm happy. I think my CEO thinks the same way. Peacock's our CEO, and he's the guy working behind the scenes to make the university attractive to prospective students and maintain a robust alumni cash flow. If your CEO isn't the biggest chearleader for any organization, he or she needs to go elsewhere - simple as that.

blackfordpu
December 7th, 2007, 11:54 PM
I don't feel like going through all those pages so someone please tell me what the chancellor did to anger so many.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Sorry, confused hillbilly here. If your own university's chancellor isn't a big fan of the university, then who should be? Think about your workplace - I'm a fan of my company because I think we're the best, and when we get a win with a customer I'm happy. I think my CEO thinks the same way. Peacock's our CEO, and he's the guy working behind the scenes to make the university attractive to prospective students and maintain a robust alumni cash flow. If your CEO isn't the biggest chearleader for any organization, he or she needs to go elsewhere - simple as that.

See above. i said he should be the #1 fan. Does your CEO get up and flaunt that your company has won some important award for the best (fill in the blank) sized company in america? My CEO doesn't.

bodoyle
December 7th, 2007, 11:56 PM
I don't feel like going through all those pages so someone please tell me what the chancellor did to anger so many.

he didnt anger anyone other than me. just think he went from chancellor to fan and overstepped his bounds by having the students carry him down the track with the title trophies in a semifinal game that wasnt even over.

and yes i know hes done it before. ive seen it

Yosef92
December 7th, 2007, 11:59 PM
As an App alum, I'm extremely pleased with Peacock. I enjoy his spirit and love of all things ASU. Also, as an App alum, each time something ASU is available to display to my non-App friends, I do so... sports, academics, area, etc. And after pointing out Peacock as our chancellor(during ballgames), no one has ever said anything but I wish that guy was leading our school. Everyone has been impressed.

As for supporting ESPN's comments. That was the comment of one announcer questioning the behavior. The second announcer said he completely supported the behavior, and also mentioned he wished someone like that could be at more schools. So ESPN didn't make some blanket condemnation of Peacock's behavior.

There are plenty of valid complaints about ASU. But complains about Kenneth Peacock, sound petty and empty. But as another poster said...have fun with that.

I wish you could have found another area for your thoughts as I was wading through your dribble while trying to find out what all thought about an exciting ballgame.

Thanks!

ASUG8
December 8th, 2007, 12:04 AM
See above. i said he should be the #1 fan. Does your CEO get up and flaunt that your company has won some important award for the best (fill in the blank) sized company in america? My CEO doesn't.

Yeah, we kinda do through press releases about major wins. But, we're a big company and that's to be expected. Peacock is at least as big a supporter of the university as any alumni these days, and he's got the keys to the trophies. It's not flaunting - that would be something he would do on the opponents' sidelines - he's pumping the home side with some hope of things to come. Call him what you will, but Peacock is hardly the arrogant type you make him out to be - he's rather a people's reluctant favorite.

CharlestonAppFan
December 8th, 2007, 12:05 AM
As an App alum, I'm extremely pleased with Peacock. I enjoy his spirit and love of all things ASU. Also, as an App alum, each time something ASU is available to display to my non-App friends, I do so... sports, academics, area, etc. And after pointing out Peacock as our chancellor(during ballgames), no one has ever said anything but I wish that guy was leading our school. Everyone has been impressed.

As for supporting ESPN's comments. That was the comment of one announcer questioning the behavior. The second announcer said he completely supported the behavior, and also mentioned he wished someone like that could be at more schools. So ESPN didn't make some blanket condemnation of Peacock's behavior.

There are plenty of valid complaints about ASU. But complains about Kenneth Peacock, sound petty and empty. But as another poster said...have fun with that.

I wish you could have found another area for your thoughts as I was wading through your dribble while trying to find out what all thought about an exciting ballgame.

Thanks!

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

AppIAA
December 8th, 2007, 12:07 AM
he didnt anger anyone other than me. just think he went from chancellor to fan and overstepped his bounds by having the students carry him down the track with the title trophies in a semifinal game that wasnt even over.

and yes i know hes done it before. ive seen it

First of all, those are CHEERLEADERS carrying him around the track.. there are students with him who he gets to hold to trophys, signs, and banners..

He simply said when the game got tied "we need to do something here to get the crowd going".. what better way to do it, than by having a chancellor who is pro-students holding the pride of the football program to get the crowd going? As I stated previously, he has pride in the school, the athletics, and the students and portrays them proudly.

You argument is like saying the stanley cup winners should not hold the cup over their heads when they win the title, or the lombardi trophy for the super bowl because they would be "cocky". Hell yea, they won something no one else can say they have won!

Maybe someday your beloved CCU will be able to win a trophy.. but you better not put it in a display case otherwise your school will be cocky!!!

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2007, 12:20 AM
WHO'S YER PAPPY.........APPY??................BRAWK!

:D :D xoopsx

State Line Liquors
December 8th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Tell him to increase your endowment. He'd be serving his students and alumni better.

Congrats ASU. Hope the hens get a chance to dethrone you.

ASUG8
December 8th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Tell him to increase your endowment. He'd be serving his students and alumni better.

We'd love to have winged helmet bookends for our season. Hopefully we'll see you in Chatty.

Skjellyfetti
December 8th, 2007, 12:42 AM
the real question is where did the goal post end up??

One in Duck Pond, other taken to Chancellor Peacock's front yard where he led a small pep rally with the students.

And to the Coastal Carolina guy complaining about Peacock...

He doesn't do what he does for attention, notoriety, or to taunt the other team. He does it because he loves his school and loves us students. And we love him in return. If you don't like it, that's fine. But, Peacock is the man. xthumbsupx

back2back
December 8th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Your chancellor can "cheerlead" all he wants. Have him sittin in the student section leading cheers...I dont care. It's not his enthuasiam that bothers me. It's his arrogance, immaturity and cockiness.

He leads the band at the beginning of the 4th quarter every game and earlier this year he dressed as Yosef before the game. You need to take your ASU hating to the beach with a twelve pack later this weekxnonox xnonox . I will be in Chattanooga!!!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx

back2back
December 8th, 2007, 12:48 AM

How did your two trips turn out?xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

Boone4280
December 8th, 2007, 12:49 AM
well said skjellyfetti

back2back
December 8th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Headed to the Hill in the morning I'm out. It's a great day to be a Mountaineer.

proasu89
December 8th, 2007, 01:24 AM
again, has anybody layed the wood to him all year

Igo would hit it if he could catch himxlolx

GoBlackAndGold
December 8th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Chancellor Peacock is a good man who loves ASU. He is like this for all aspects of the university, not just football. ASU is lucky to have a person who is an advocate for the university, willing to sell the academic and the athletic. I am proud of the university and the chancellor every time our name is mentioned.

appmountaineer
December 8th, 2007, 02:04 AM
I'm very proud to have Peacock...he loves the football team and loves the band. I've never seen another chancellor so into games its awesome.

thmst30
December 8th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Anyone questioning Peacock is a naive idiot. His unbelievable love and support for ANYTHING ASU, not just football, comes across to some as cocky and arrogant. How about you actually meet the guy before you judge him by what you see sitting on your ass at home. Honestly I invite you to come here and personally talk to him yourself, and you know what he would take the time to sit down with you because he is the most caring and readily available chancellor I have ever seen. Hell you could probably drive to house at 3 AM with a serious problem and he's the kind of guy to take the time to listen. THATS why I'm so pissed at anyone questioning him, you don't know a damn ****ing thing about him, and NO hes not cocky or arrogant, just one of the top supporters in the world for ASU. 99&#37; of the chancellors out there sit in the box and don't do jack ****, plus their always to busy to care to talk to lesser being, aka students, we're so incredibly blessed to have this man and he really has been a major part of our success. If your chancellor doesn't care about the teams then they will get little support. For ASU Peacock is ready to give us what we need, and deal equally with all sports and academics as well. HE IS AMAZING. So don't knock a great man you know NOTHING about. JACKASS.

bodoyle
December 8th, 2007, 03:07 AM
How did your two trips turn out?xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

had a blast

bodoyle
December 8th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Anyone questioning Peacock is a naive idiot. His unbelievable love and support for ANYTHING ASU, not just football, comes across to some as cocky and arrogant. How about you actually meet the guy before you judge him by what you see sitting on your ass at home. Honestly I invite you to come here and personally talk to him yourself, and you know what he would take the time to sit down with you because he is the most caring and readily available chancellor I have ever seen. Hell you could probably drive to house at 3 AM with a serious problem and he's the kind of guy to take the time to listen. THATS why I'm so pissed at anyone questioning him, you don't know a damn ****ing thing about him, and NO hes not cocky or arrogant, just one of the top supporters in the world for ASU. 99% of the chancellors out there sit in the box and don't do jack ****, plus their always to busy to care to talk to lesser being, aka students, we're so incredibly blessed to have this man and he really has been a major part of our success. If your chancellor doesn't care about the teams then they will get little support. For ASU Peacock is ready to give us what we need, and deal equally with all sports and academics as well. HE IS AMAZING. So don't knock a great man you know NOTHING about. JACKASS.

summary: please dont rock the boat. xrolleyesx

TheKDL
December 8th, 2007, 03:13 AM
Peacock is the freakin man. I talked to him after the game and he cant wait to get to 'Nooga. If you see Peacock on campus he wont walk right by you he will stop and say hello and ask how you're doing he's that kind of person. He cares about the academics the athletics and most of all the students. Like I said before he is a good guy and I am proud to have him as my chancellor!

B&G
December 8th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Alright, enough with the defense of Peacock. The vast majority of people think he's great. Let's not get our panties in a bunch just b/c one guy is serving up turd sandwiches.

What sticks with me is that it was such a weird week posting about this game. Usually there is a mix of trash talk and good will before the game and afterward the losing team either makes excuses or congratulates the winners. Not this week. Richmond's fans appeared en masse and posted a lot of smackish comments but once the game started they disappeared completely. Still no sign of them. They didn't all go to the game did they?

ChickenMan
December 8th, 2007, 04:48 AM
Edwards looked like he was playing in 'fast forward' vs a Richmond defense that was totally defensesless the entire 1s half and not much better in the 2d half. Great game by Edwards.. if he plays like that in Chattanoog.. it will be three straight for ASU.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2007, 05:44 AM
great game ASU, you must be feeling totally confident with whomever you play next week

hapapp
December 8th, 2007, 07:02 AM
great game ASU, you must be feeling totally confident with whomever you play next week

Each week brings a different opponent and a different challenge. Whether it be SIU or Delaware, we know we will be facing a very formidable opponent. Cuff would give anyone nightmares!

Ivytalk
December 8th, 2007, 07:03 AM
Congrats to Appy State and Edwards for a great game. Condolences to UR for a valiant effort.

Tribe4SF
December 8th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Edwards rose to another level last night. He is obviously fully recovered from his injury. UR suffered from Sidbury not playing. ASU was able to exploit the right edge early and often, with Edwards getting to the second level quickly, and reading from there.

ASU defense answered the call after the comeback, and showed some stuff down the stretch.

Hard to imagine anyone playing better than ASU going into Chatty.

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2007, 07:51 AM
YEAH........THANX A BUNCH MICKEY........:(....BRAWK!

boonegoon
December 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM
We'd love to have winged helmet bookends for our season. Hopefully we'll see you in Chatty.

Are those wings on their helmets? I never could figure out what those were.

blackfordpu
December 8th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Just saw some highlights of the game and Edwards is a freaking beast. Ward had a pretty good game and Edwards blew him out of the water.

With Appy State on the roll they are I sense a third consecutive title on the way.

AppChicago
December 8th, 2007, 11:09 AM

Just for the record, he's making a lot of headway in that department, too. One of the first things he did after becoming chancellor was secure a multi-million dollar endowment for the Honors program.

He's a great fan, but also an impressive professional and a genuinely nice guy. Try to find an App fan who disagrees, bodoyle.

ur2k
December 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Alright, enough with the defense of Peacock. The vast majority of people think he's great. Let's not get our panties in a bunch just b/c one guy is serving up turd sandwiches.

What sticks with me is that it was such a weird week posting about this game. Usually there is a mix of trash talk and good will before the game and afterward the losing team either makes excuses or congratulates the winners. Not this week. Richmond's fans appeared en masse and posted a lot of smackish comments but once the game started they disappeared completely. Still no sign of them. They didn't all go to the game did they?

Can you give us some time to get back home? Good job by Armanti last night, he was unbelievable. We had no answer for him, I can't see you guys getting stopped in Nooga. Good game, thanks to the App fans for their hospitality. Hopefully we'll meet again in a few years, after AE graduates and you finish the stadium renovations - bathrooms and all.

ASUG8
December 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hopefully we'll meet again in a few years, after AE graduates and you finish the stadium renovations - bathrooms and all.

Yeah, sorry about that part....it's part of our hillbilly home field advantage!!!xthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
December 10th, 2007, 09:21 AM
For a different perspective from ESPN on Chancellor Peacock watch these soothing highlights and listen to the SportsCenter talking heads' take.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3146367&categoryId=2378529