PDA

View Full Version : McNeese partial 2008 schedule

McNeese_beat
December 6th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Still looking for 1-2 games. I hear North Dakota is a possibility (courtesy of SloStang) and a D-II to counter-balance North Carolina, is a definite.

Return trip to Cal Poly set for 2010.

Anybody needing a game on those three dates and is willing to travel to Lake Charles (preferably for a guarantee...just scared out most of the room I know) should call interim AD Tommy McClelland at McNeese...

McNeese State's 2008 Schedule (incomplete)

Aug. 30 at North Carolina

Sept. 6 Open

Sept. 13 Cal Poly

Sept. 20 Open

Sept. 27 Open

Oct. 4 at South Dakota State

Oct. 11 Texas State

Oct. 18 at Sam Houston State

Oct. 25 Nicholls State

Nov. 1 at Southeastern Louisiana

Nov. 8 Stephen F. Austin

Nov. 15 at Northwestern State

Nov. 22 at Central Arkansas

chanharrison
December 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I was hoping by some miracle that UNC would have filled that spot with Appalachian!

McNeese_beat
December 7th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Hey, App gets to play LSU and McNeese gets to play UNC...we trade state schools.

chanharrison
December 7th, 2007, 12:13 AM
fair enough...... The difference is that UNC is very very beatable.. !!

slostang
December 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
I am excited to see McNeese State on Cal Poly's schedule. I'll will definately making the trip to Lake Charles. I can not wait.

patssle
December 7th, 2007, 12:52 AM
MAybe a SLC team will finally beat one of the Dakotas?

mikebigg
December 7th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Still looking for 1-2 games. I hear North Dakota is a possibility (courtesy of SloStang) and a D-II to counter-balance North Carolina, is a definite.

Return trip to Cal Poly set for 2010.

Anybody needing a game on those three dates and is willing to travel to Lake Charles (preferably for a guarantee...just scared out most of the room I know) should call interim AD Tommy McClelland at McNeese...

McNeese State's 2008 Schedule (incomplete)

Aug. 30 at North Carolina

Sept. 6 Open

Sept. 13 Cal Poly

Sept. 20 Open

Sept. 27 Open

Oct. 4 at South Dakota State

Oct. 11 Texas State

Oct. 18 at Sam Houston State

Oct. 25 Nicholls State

Nov. 1 at Southeastern Louisiana

Nov. 8 Stephen F. Austin

Nov. 15 at Northwestern State

Nov. 22 at Central Arkansas

Sept 6th might work...if yall will come to Grambling. Hey, we came to yall first last time.xpeacex

Check_YOSEF
December 7th, 2007, 10:47 AM
[QUOTE=McNeese_beat;786380] and a D-II to counter-balance North Carolina, is a definite.

UNC will probably need to schedule a D-II to counter-balance you guys!

The Moody1
December 7th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Hey, App gets to play LSU and McNeese gets to play UNC...we trade state schools.

We don't play LSU next year. We go down there in '09.

McNeese_beat
December 7th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Sept 6th might work...if yall will come to Grambling. Hey, we came to yall first last time.xpeacex

The problem is that would be a 7th road game for McNeese and I don't think they are willing to do that. I understand that y'all are pretty much in the same boat...you're at a point in your scheduling where you can't add any more road games.

I think I mentioned on another thread that a promoter was trying to set up a neutral site game between McNeese and Grambling at Shreveport, but evidently, that didn't gain traction because I keep hearing about this game with North Dakota that's being worked on (the other game will be a D-II).

If 2009 is a 12-game season, then I'd say starting a home-and-home at Grambling could be a definite possibility. McNeese has only three conference road games that year (they have 4 next year), plus a game at South Dakota and a I-A money game to be determined. That's five road games. McNeese could go to Grambling for a sixth road game, then add a D-II at home and one more FCS opponent at home and wind up with a balanced schedule.

Then, Grambling could come to Lake Charles in 2010, to balance the trip to Cal Poly that year...

That would be perfect, I think.

McNeese_beat
December 7th, 2007, 10:58 AM
We don't play LSU next year. We go down there in '09.

Yeah I know. But we're both in the same boat. Our large, state schools are both hesitant to play the in-state FCS power.

From LSU's standpoint, they are trying to avoid playing one Louisiana FCS team and having the rest yelling for their chance (picking favorites). They already rotate among the other state FBS teams (plus an annual game with Tulane) to try to spread their guarantee money evenly. They beat up on Louisiana Tech this year.

Cranium716
December 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM

Why do you guys need a D-II to counterbalance an FBS? You guys came into the playoffs as the #2 seed. Step up and play an all I-A schedule!

McNeese_beat
December 7th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Why do you guys need a D-II to counterbalance an FBS? You guys came into the playoffs as the #2 seed. Step up and play an all I-A schedule!

That's actually been tried...or pretty close...by Southland teams... SLU has been playing three money games a year.

But unfortunately, that doesn't allow you to have home games and when you draw well, you want home games...

mikebigg
December 7th, 2007, 02:57 PM
The problem is that would be a 7th road game for McNeese and I don't think they are willing to do that. I understand that y'all are pretty much in the same boat...you're at a point in your scheduling where you can't add any more road games.

I think I mentioned on another thread that a promoter was trying to set up a neutral site game between McNeese and Grambling at Shreveport, but evidently, that didn't gain traction because I keep hearing about this game with North Dakota that's being worked on (the other game will be a D-II).

If 2009 is a 12-game season, then I'd say starting a home-and-home at Grambling could be a definite possibility. McNeese has only three conference road games that year (they have 4 next year), plus a game at South Dakota and a I-A money game to be determined. That's five road games. McNeese could go to Grambling for a sixth road game, then add a D-II at home and one more FCS opponent at home and wind up with a balanced schedule.

Then, Grambling could come to Lake Charles in 2010, to balance the trip to Cal Poly that year...

That would be perfect, I think.

I agree about the 2009 arrangement...hopefully they are discussiing so we can get the game on the schedules. Even in years that we don't play in Grambling, it will be a Louisiana game for us. Fans from Texas and Southwest area plus BR would make the drive.

McNeese_beat
December 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I agree about the 2009 arrangement...hopefully they are discussiing so we can get the game on the schedules. Even in years that we don't play in Grambling, it will be a Louisiana game for us. Fans from Texas and Southwest area plus BR would make the drive.

That would be a good deal. My understanding also is that y'all would prefer games at Grambling as opposed to a neutral site. I don't think McNeese would have a problem with that at all because they certainly understand the need to play games in their own stadium.

Especially now that they are getting a new turf. They'll have an event there every weekend if they can.

AlphaSigMD
December 7th, 2007, 03:58 PM

And the UNC ducking of ASU has hit a new low. They know we've been anxious to play them for...um... the last 80 years. There's no reason I can think of that they should look as far away as lake charles for an opponent when they have an equal and likely better monetary game in the backyard.

Nothing against McNeese for scheduling this game at all, but i could spit on UNC for being such a pu*sy as*ed bi*ch year in and year out to ASU.

appfan2008
December 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM

what are you talking about... we can beat LSU :) honestly!

appfan2008
December 7th, 2007, 04:05 PM
also as a Duke fan on the side please beat those tar heels!

McNeese_beat
December 7th, 2007, 04:34 PM
And the UNC ducking of ASU has hit a new low. They know we've been anxious to play them for...um... the last 80 years. There's no reason I can think of that they should look as far away as lake charles for an opponent when they have an equal and likely better monetary game in the backyard.

Nothing against McNeese for scheduling this game at all, but i could spit on UNC for being such a pu*sy as*ed bi*ch year in and year out to ASU.

I've seen exactly the same posts from McNeese fans on the McNeese board. Just replace ASU with McNeese and UNC with LSU.

McTailGator
December 7th, 2007, 04:49 PM

There's one more big difference.

LSU pays about $150,000 more and it wouldn't cost us an airplane charter to get there.

McTailGator
December 7th, 2007, 04:50 PM

I'd love to play the G-Men again, but we have to have a 6th home game.

McTailGator
December 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM

And we feel the same about LSU sending you guys a big chunk of change and avoiding playing us at the same time.

Let's trade. We'll give our our Tar Heal game for your tiger game.

Save the airplane cost, you get the win that we will probably get, and we get more $, the lose, and the instate game we've always wanted.

AlphaSigMD
December 7th, 2007, 06:46 PM
And we feel the same about LSU sending you guys a big chunk of change and avoiding playing us at the same time.

Let's trade. We'll give our our Tar Heal game for your tiger game.

Save the airplane cost, you get the win that we will probably get, and we get more $, the lose, and the instate game we've always wanted.

I would love to. But, as mentioned before, given UNC's checkered past and less than astonishing play against the FCS, I believe that ASU would not just have a chance against the tarheels, they would probably bring a LARGE crowd and have a great chance of winning.

It would be rough for anyone to beat LSU at home, and although McNeese is a good team, and already knocked off a FBS opponent at home, the odds would be MUCH MORE tipped in the favor of the opponent in this case. Even though ASU was only down 14 points in the 4th Quarter, and eventually lost by 24, we probably don't have a similar outing next year, because of the Michigan upset this year. LSU will be ready.

Trust me, nobody will be pulling for McNeese St. against UNC more than me.

Mr. Tiger
December 7th, 2007, 08:14 PM
We have the same open dates in September. I would like to see Jackson State and McNeese State. Give our AD a call. We already have Northwestern State on the schedule.

Retro
December 7th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I would love to. But, as mentioned before, given UNC's checkered past and less than astonishing play against the FCS, I believe that ASU would not just have a chance against the tarheels, they would probably bring a LARGE crowd and have a great chance of winning.

It would be rough for anyone to beat LSU at home, and although McNeese is a good team, and already knocked off a FBS opponent at home, the odds would be MUCH MORE tipped in the favor of the opponent in this case. Even though ASU was only down 14 points in the 4th Quarter, and eventually lost by 24, we probably don't have a similar outing next year, because of the Michigan upset this year. LSU will be ready.

Trust me, nobody will be pulling for McNeese St. against UNC more than me.

LSU is not only beatable, they are so at home even this year.. There's a lot of parody in Div I football this year and the future.. LSU has squeaked by a lot this year and could've lost 3-4 more games with 1 play. Next year, they will have a big drop off i believe and who knows if perriloux will even stay out of trouble enough to be there. When Dorsey was hurt, they really suffered.

McTailGator
December 9th, 2007, 05:49 PM
We have the same open dates in September. I would like to see Jackson State and McNeese State. Give our AD a call. We already have Northwestern State on the schedule.

We have.

He said no...

BarefootApp
December 10th, 2007, 10:53 AM
The Moody1....do you know anything else about the 08 ASU schedule? Just wondering.