PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared - Week 7, Fall 2023

Preferred Walk-On
October 14th, 2023, 11:06 PM
Greetings, fellow AGS'ers. Basically just a ho-hum, nothing to see here type of week. ;)

Currently, Idaho is doing their best to distract everyone from noticing any other significant losses in the top 25, but there is still a half left to go (i.e., Montana's "prove it" half). Also, finding it somewhat comical, yet somewhat deserved (dare I say earned?) the pleasure taken in the Bison stumbling. However, reminds me of the line in the A-Team, where Murdock states: "Yea, we just trade Lynches (NDSU for SDSU) and now we're (the remainder of the FCS) going back to prison." We'll see, I guess.

Although there is still one game involving top 25 teams in progress (I'll update on sheet by morning), I am posting this week's How They Fared (just in case anybody has been living under a rock). The shuffling of teams (given the top 25 outcomes, the fact that 1/4 of the top 25 did not play, and that most the ORV basically stunk it up or barely/modestly beat teams they should have) should make for a quite interesting poll this week. But that is for you, the voters, to decide.

CLICK HERE (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZH5o-Fz7foDAHEWFMrMOC5oXa8jC7Jr6XDAffo9qk7o/edit?usp=sharing) to see How They Fared, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Looking forward to the discussion.

SeattleCat
October 15th, 2023, 12:54 AM
This week is drastically making me rethink my top 25

grizband
October 15th, 2023, 12:47 PM
Only this week? I feel like I've been rethinking my poll about every other week this season haha.

FUBeAR
October 15th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Only this week? I feel like I've been rethinking my poll about every other week this season haha.
Check FUBeAR if he’s wrong, Sandy, but shouldn’t EVERY poll voter be rethinking their Top 25 poll EVERY week?

https://y.yarn.co/b39b515e-25cf-4b46-afa8-d2e85d9374cd_thumb.jpg

HensRock
October 15th, 2023, 01:34 PM

Yep. How much does Idaho's loss affect Sac State's standing for instance?

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Check FUBeAR if he’s wrong, Sandy, but shouldn’t EVERY poll voter be rethinking their Top 25 poll EVERY week?

https://y.yarn.co/b39b515e-25cf-4b46-afa8-d2e85d9374cd_thumb.jpg

is Mercer done ?

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2023, 06:36 PM
Harvard has a good football team

Would win CAA title and probably beat Furman for the Southern

FUBeAR
October 15th, 2023, 07:12 PM
is Mercer done ?Are you thinking about ranking the Bears this week?

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2023, 07:15 PM
Are you thinking about ranking the Bears this week?

Nope

if you beat Chattanooga I’ll think about it

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2023, 07:19 PM
Harvard has a good football team

Would win CAA title and probably beat Furman for the Southern

Legit top 10 if not top 5 team. Agreed on CAA do not know those other teams but will take your word for it.

Chalupa Batman
October 15th, 2023, 07:22 PM
I keep going back and forth trying to sort out Villanova, Albany, and New Hampshire in the CAA, and if they all deserve to be ranked. Similar to trying to sort out Youngstown, Southern Illinois, and Northern Iowa last week.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 15th, 2023, 07:40 PM
Who is the second best team in the CAA? The MVFC? The Big Sky?

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2023, 07:52 PM

Do you wanna know a secret?

Nobody has any idea

Chalupa Batman
October 15th, 2023, 08:04 PM

In the MVFC it's South Dakota.

MUHAWKS
October 15th, 2023, 08:07 PM

are we sure who the best team in The CAA is? It is probably between W&M and Delaware I guess but could also be Nova.

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2023, 09:11 PM
are we sure who the best team in The CAA is? It is probably between W&M and Delaware I guess but could also be Nova.

Nova gets the nod tonight

But

Tomorrow Never Knows

Sitting Bull
October 16th, 2023, 07:24 AM
Sagarin has the top 3 in CAA this week as:
Villanova
Delaware
W&M

The difference in numerical ratings between the three is so minimal, it’s virtually a coin flip.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2023, 08:44 AM
Just over 2 hrs. left voters so get the ballot in ASAP if you have not yet.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2023, 10:09 AM
Under an hour left so get the ballot in if you have not.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 16th, 2023, 10:53 AM

I was gonna send you an email last week to say good job on making it perfect so far but it looks like you have not submitted this week? Did you forget? Go get it in if you see this.