PDA

View Full Version : Worst NDSU team since…?

crusader11
October 14th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Discuss.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 14th, 2023, 02:51 PM
Sack then a brutal INT when they were in position to get this to a one possession game. UND has been the aggressor all game....

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2023, 02:52 PM
2010. Not 2009 bad but meathead is doing his best to make us believe it's that bad.

Sent from my SM-A546U1 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 14th, 2023, 02:55 PM
UND 35-17...wow...

Seems like it might be a great night to spend at Brick and Barley on 3rd Street in GF!!

grizband
October 14th, 2023, 02:57 PM
2010. Not 2009 bad but meathead is doing his best to make us believe it's that bad.

Was Entz considered a good coaching hire at the time? He's taken the Bison to four playoff appearances, with two championships and a second place finish.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 03:02 PM
Was Entz considered a good coaching hire at the time? He's taken the Bison to four playoff appearances, with two championships and a second place finish.
He lived off others recruits. The skill of this team is way below the previous 12 years of this run. Today the Bison are showing their true colors. Might as well get used to it.

crusader11
October 14th, 2023, 03:03 PM

A lot of guys would have done that.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 03:04 PM

Anyone could have done that

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 03:06 PM
If anyone is surprised by this they haven’t watched us all year. We are a bottom half of the valley team. We will not make the playoffs this year. Worst team since 2009 and we are only going to get worse. Thanks Entz

Gil Dobie
October 14th, 2023, 03:12 PM
We had a great run, best in FCS history. It was great while it lasted.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 03:16 PM
NDSU is **** this year. They are out of my top 25. Absolute garbage.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 03:21 PM
UND is better at every position group than the except kicking. EVERY ****ING POSITION GROUP. prove me wrong and how the **** did this happen.

Bison56
October 14th, 2023, 03:23 PM
Stopped recruiting Midwest tough kids. Went to Read option, never under center, don't have a RB or at least they don't use them.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 03:23 PM
All you guys that picked NDSU over UND. How could you not grasp how weak and soft this NDSU team is. I wouldn’t be surprised if Murray State made a game out of it

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 03:26 PM
UND is better at every position group than the except kicking. EVERY ****ING POSITION GROUP. prove me wrong and how the **** did this happen.

Matt Entz. I was called an idiot for saying he sucks. Now look. We are one of the worst teams in the MVFC thanks to that idiot

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 14th, 2023, 03:33 PM
NDSU is at best a fringe Top 25 team at this point. This is shocking. Not the loss....the optics....

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2023, 03:35 PM
I'm here knowing that at least while my team sucks, watching NDSU suck brings me tremendous joy.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 03:36 PM
NDSU is at best a fringe Top 25 team at this point. This is shocking. Not the loss....the optics....
Not shocking to us that saw a decent BISON team get manhandled and emasculated by SDSU in Frisco last year. That team was a paper tiger. Entz needs to go. There is no recovering from this. This is sort of a veteran team as well.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 14th, 2023, 03:36 PM
I'm here knowing that at least while my team sucks, watching NDSU suck brings me tremendous joy.

Suck is contextual. We're breaking barriers at Lehigh....

grizband
October 14th, 2023, 03:40 PM
Suck is contextual. We're breaking barriers at Lehigh....
Wofford and The Citadel have entered the chat.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2023, 03:48 PM
Was Entz considered a good coaching hire at the time? He's taken the Bison to four playoff appearances, with two championships and a second place finish.Exactly what POD said. I wasn't a fan but I was willing to give him a chance. Once he let the players run the team and make it clear that politics was more important than results on the field and being in the class, I wanted him gone.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 14th, 2023, 03:50 PM
They storm the field in Grand Forks!

Ivytalk
Schadenfreude, there, Wrenny?

TheKingpin28
They storm the field in Grand Forks!That is why they are absolute scum. Imagine storming the field for a regular season game.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 03:51 PM
I do find it pretty pathetic that UND is storming the field over this. This game will always mean more to them than us

grizband
October 14th, 2023, 03:51 PM
Noth Dakota's first win over North Dakota State since 2003. Which, interestingly, is the year the Bison upset Montana in Coach Hauck's first season as head coach.

WrenFGun
October 14th, 2023, 03:58 PM
Schadenfreude, there, Wrenny?

My UNH education doesn't let me understand those kinds of words.

Ivytalk
October 14th, 2023, 04:04 PM
My UNH education doesn't let me understand those kinds of words.
You’re pulling my wrinkled old leg!

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2023, 04:04 PM
Lol

grizband
October 14th, 2023, 04:09 PM
That is why they are absolute scum. Imagine storming the field for a regular season game.

Imagine the tables are turned, and North Dakota has 9 national titles in FCS, and North Dakota State hadn't beaten them since 2003. Don't you think Bison fans would also storm the field in that scenario?

ElCid
October 14th, 2023, 04:11 PM
I do find it pretty pathetic that UND is storming the field over this. This game will always mean more to them than us

First win in the series in 20 years. And not just a win, but thumping. And you don't think that warrants a bit of enthusiasm? Hmm. Interesting. I'd never begrudge a team for that.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Imagine the tables are turned, and North Dakota has 9 national titles in FCS, and North Dakota State hadn't beaten them since 2003. Don't you think Bison fans would also storm the field in that scenario?

I would hope not, if they did I would be calling those fans pathetic as well

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 04:16 PM
First win in the series in 20 years. And not just a win, but thumping. And you don't think that warrants a bit of enthusiasm? Hmm. Interesting. I'd never begrudge a team for that.

Just goes to show how much we mean to them I guess. I couldn’t imagine rushing the field for anything besides a title. Especially not to a bottom of the conference team like us

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 04:19 PM
Lol
Weren’t you the one that tossed shade on those of us WHO ****ING KNOW the state of this team after the USD loss.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 04:20 PM
I would hope not, if they did I would be calling those fans pathetic as well
This.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2023, 04:35 PM
Weren’t you the one that tossed shade on those of us WHO ****ING KNOW the state of this team after the USD loss.
Sure am.

Now ask me if I'm at all bothered by being wrong about NDSU being mortal again.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 04:43 PM
Sure am.

Now ask me if I'm at all bothered by being wrong about NDSU being mortal again.
Hell. If I were you guys I would be trolling the hell out of this. But those of you that basically said we were being over the top were completely wrong. WE knew what the deal was and had real concerns over the quality of this team. It manifested itself in the Natty last year and was easy to see, you didn’t even have to look that hard.

JSUSoutherner
October 14th, 2023, 04:50 PM
Hell. If I were you guys I would be trolling the hell out of this. But those of you that basically said we were being over the top were completely wrong. WE knew what the deal was and had real concerns over the quality of this team. It manifested itself in the Natty last year and was easy to see, you didn’t even have to look that hard.
Well at least you can take solace in the fact you were right.

Chalupa Batman
October 14th, 2023, 05:35 PM

2010 team would roll this years team. So I’d say this is the worst team since 2009.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 14th, 2023, 05:49 PM
2010 team would roll this years team. So I’d say this is the worst team since 2009.

2010 is the infamous TD no TD ending against eventual champ EWU? Yeah, this year's edition is FAR worse....

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 05:51 PM
Well at least you can take solace in the fact you were right.
Every cloud has a silver lining

CockyGeek
October 14th, 2023, 06:24 PM
When you can't understand why people would storm the field is how you know you've been good for too long.

crusader11
October 14th, 2023, 06:47 PM
Don’t blame NoDak one bit for storming.

ElCid
October 14th, 2023, 06:58 PM

No joke. It's just an "attempt" at belittling them.

bonarae
October 14th, 2023, 07:00 PM
What was the "tipping point" of NDSU's dynasty in the FCS fading out? It's happening before our eyes now.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 07:01 PM
What was the "tipping point" of NDSU's dynasty in the FCS fading out? It's happening before our eyes now.

Hiring Matt Entz

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2023, 08:59 PM
Imagine the tables are turned, and North Dakota has 9 national titles in FCS, and North Dakota State hadn't beaten them since 2003. Don't you think Bison fans would also storm the field in that scenario?Act like you've been there before, oh wait, they haven't. It was their national title game and NDSU got bitch slapped. Maybe this will lead to coaching staff getting fired and players who actually care about the name on the front.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2023, 09:01 PM
2010 team would roll this years team. So I’d say this is the worst team since 2009.I have to believe this team can pretend to be useful enough to beat 2010.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2023, 09:02 PM
What was the "tipping point" of NDSU's dynasty in the FCS fading out? It's happening before our eyes now.Matt Entz being hired as HC/transfer portal chnaging rules/Tyler Roehl destroying the West Coast Offense.

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 09:03 PM
Act like you've been there before, oh wait, they haven't. It was their national title game and NDSU got bitch slapped. Maybe this will lead to coaching staff getting fired and players who actually care about the name on the front.

Exactly this. This was the biggest win in the history of UND football. Just look at how many threads there are on here, Reddit, Twitter, etc.

I was hoping for a bigger loss today. A 50 burger. Something that forced our ADs hand to make a change.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2023, 09:27 PM
Is NDSU bad enough now to move up, I think they have hit that target. The time is now

Chalupa Batman
October 14th, 2023, 09:29 PM
I have to believe this team can pretend to be useful enough to beat 2010.

It would be comical watching this years team trying to slow down DJ McNorton. And Bohl would coach circles around Entz.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2023, 09:33 PM

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 09:43 PM
It would be comical watching this years team trying to slow down DJ McNorton. And Bohl would coach circles around Entz.

Bruce Anderson and Wentz… my god they would destroy us. Easton Stick would have 200 yds rushing and 300yds passing.

NDSU1980
October 14th, 2023, 09:53 PM
2009. I even hate to think about that team. Bohl wasn't even smart enough to recruit a quarterback in those days.

penguinpower
October 14th, 2023, 09:58 PM
2009. I even hate to think about that team. Bohl wasn't even smart enough to recruit a quarterback in those days.

I think a shift in power within the conference started when SDSU built that brand new stadium. It's a war of assets in a way, and I think it really helped in their recruiting. Plus you guyshave been through several coaching changes too. But it's just as much a war of the assets to me when it comes to kids.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a shift in power within the conference started when SDSU built that brand new stadium. It's a war of assets in a way, and I think it really helped in their recruiting. Plus you guys have been through several coaching changes too. But it's just as much a war of the assets to me when it comes to kids.

FUBeAR
October 14th, 2023, 09:59 PM
…FUBeAR became aware that North Dakota State fielded a Football Team.

Chalupa Batman
October 14th, 2023, 10:23 PM
I always thought that what Chris Kleiman did at NDSU was very similar to what Chris Petersen did for Boise State and Mark Few did for Gonzaga basketball: Inherit a very good program/team, and take that level of success to another stratosphere that not even the most optimistic fans thought was possible. Like Boise when Petersen moved on, NDSU has not been able to maintain the level of success that his predecessor had. I suspect that Gonzaga would've suffered a similar fate and faded back into relative obsurity had they not been able to hold on to Few, it is very hard to maintain that level of excellence across 3 coaches.

ming01
October 14th, 2023, 10:54 PM

SDSU manhandling us in Frisco

Redbird 4th & short
October 14th, 2023, 11:05 PM

This !!

Wow, the lack of perspective and awareness is astounding. Pissed about UND storming the field .. seriously??

Guys, step back, take a breath, and think about it.

gofurman
October 14th, 2023, 11:18 PM
Wofford and The Citadel have entered the chat.
Exactly. It’s all relative. Especially in West Virginia 😂

dewey
October 14th, 2023, 11:21 PM

That 2010 team was dang good and made a nice run in the playoffs.

This years team is the worst since the 2009 team.

Entz needs to go along with Roehl.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2023, 11:26 PM
Me, having just watched my team get steamrolled 48-7 by a now 2-4 Missouri State, knowing that we have to go play an angry NDSU team that's probably going to be looking to take out some revenge on the next visitor to the Fargodome...

https://i0.wp.com/the-peak.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Image-couretsy-of-Know-Your-Meme-.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1&w=640

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 11:26 PM
This !!

Wow, the lack of perspective and awareness is astounding. Pissed about UND storming the field .. seriously??

Guys, step back, take a breath, and think about it.

No one’s pissed. It’s flattering. I just find it tacky to do in a regular season game

Christiank22
October 14th, 2023, 11:27 PM
Me, having just watched my team get steamrolled 48-7 by a now 2-4 Missouri State, knowing that we have to go play an angry NDSU team that's probably going to be looking to take out some revenge on the next visitor to the Fargodome...

https://i0.wp.com/the-peak.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Image-couretsy-of-Know-Your-Meme-.jpg?fit=800%2C450&ssl=1&w=640

There’s nothing angry about this team. Don’t worry

Catbooster
October 15th, 2023, 12:56 AM
Acting as though a bunch of teenager+ students shouldn't get excited about a football game makes no sense. It comes across as a stuffy old guy who's only remaining way to feel superior is to criticize the students for being too excited about winning a game.

Or like those fans that want you to sit down during the game - don't be so excited, stay seated and clap politely.

Cocky
October 15th, 2023, 06:51 AM
Entz is NDSUs John Grass. Grass rode Clarks system to the finals then started the slide down. Had to make a change to stop the slide and sure NDSU will be doing the same soon.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2023, 07:10 AM
No one’s pissed. It’s flattering. I just find it tacky to do in a regular season game

Bullshi*

I was in Cedar Falls when UNI broke our streak. Fans are fans and let them celebrate. UND fans storming the field was fine with me and it doesn't matter if it was a regular season game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2023, 07:12 AM
When you can't understand why people would storm the field is how you know you've been good for too long.

This here 100%

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2023, 07:16 AM
It remains to be seen if this is a bad team but all the indications are there that is could be.

I've been saying this for awhile, moving to the read option crap like every other team is hot garbage. Bison were a power team that ran a version of the west coast 49er offense but now they look over to the sideline this year to see if they need to change the play. Let the freaking QB audible out of a bad call

Poor athletes on defense is really getting exposed. All 3 levels are weak. Plus our generational strength of our OL every year is way down this year. Weak OL.

#1: Coaching

ysubigred
October 15th, 2023, 07:27 AM
This is a great thread..

I wish the flightless birds had NDSUs problems..

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2023, 07:32 AM
My perspective is limited to timeframe from Sept 2011 when I went to Fargo for 4 day visit to watch Lafayette play (we had a weak team). But made great friends out there to this day (one just sent me a package of that Big Deck BBQ sauce - yum) and they (Tony and Pat) have n=been here to visit me on Long Beach Island NJ after the Delaware game a few years ago. So, I have to state this years team as it wont get into playoffs even.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 08:05 AM
My perspective is limited to timeframe from Sept 2011 when I went to Fargo for 4 day visit to watch Lafayette play (we had a weak team). But made great friends out there to this day (one just sent me a package of that Big Deck BBQ sauce - yum) and they (Tony and Pat) have n=been here to visit me on Long Beach Island NJ after the Delaware game a few years ago. So, I have to state this years team as it wont get into playoffs even.
I don’t believe a 7-4 Bisona team should be playoff eligible and that is probably the best this team an hope for. They are gonna get throttled by SDSU, that is the third loss, and will lose another to either SIU or UNI. This outcome should be a situation where coaches are let go. With all the advantages and resources this school has there should never, ever be a time when they fall that hard. The Petrino hire to me always seemed odd as his “resume” was not that impressive and we now have the worst Bison D since 2009 but he inherited a cupboard that was sort of bare and very overrated

I think this staff either has no real eye for talent or they simply got lazy and expected the rep of the program to automatically entice recruits.

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2023, 08:13 AM
I don’t believe a 7-4 Bisona team should be playoff eligible and that is probably the best this team an hope for. They are gonna get throttled by SDSU, that is the third loss, and will lose another to either SIU or UNI. This outcome should be a situation where coaches are let go. With all the advantages and resources this school has there should never, ever be a time when they fall that hard. The Petrino hire to me always seemed odd as his “resume” was not that impressive and we now have the worst Bison D since 2009 but he inherited a cupboard that was sort of bare and very overrated

I think this staff either has no real eye for talent or they simply got lazy and expected the rep of the program to automatically entice recruits.

Yes the rep of the program did entice recruits but now SDSU is doing very well, so that magic will help them. The whole thing is as baffling as Gov. Doug Bergstrom's candidacy for president. Im hoping Lafayette gets a return visit out to Fargo. Hey it was the only time I have ever been in the sports section (thanks Fargo Forum!)

semobison
October 15th, 2023, 08:32 AM
The Bison are 4-3 in their last seven games going back to the Natty and our defense is giving up 26ppg. During our championship runs we gave up 12-13 ppg for over a decade! We won Natty’s with a pedestrian offense but our defense was always stingy. Not any more.

jacksfan29!
October 15th, 2023, 09:41 AM
The Bison are 4-3 in their last seven games going back to the Natty and our defense is giving up 26ppg. During our championship runs we gave up 12-13 ppg for over a decade! We won Natty’s with a pedestrian offense but our defense was always stingy. Not any more.

Saw a post on Bisonville that nailed it. How is it SDSU has not lost players to the portal, except for players moving down due to playing time. Yet NDSU are. Coaching, something is wrong in the locker room in Fargo. I see a coaching change coming.

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 10:06 AM
Yes the rep of the program did entice recruits but now SDSU is doing very well, so that magic will help them. The whole thing is as baffling as Gov. Doug Bergstrom's candidacy for president. Im hoping Lafayette gets a return visit out to Fargo. Hey it was the only time I have ever been in the sports section (thanks Fargo Forum!)I don't want NDSU to play Lafeyette, I want the Bison to play teams we can beat at this stage of the game. xlolx

Also, if you ever get a chance to get back over here, put a bug in Pat's ear to cook up some gumbo for the tailgate, it is absolutely world class chow. Oh baby.

Hammerhead
October 15th, 2023, 10:18 AM
The only time I've seen bison fans storm the field was at D-II or FCS championship games.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2023, 10:19 AM
Re: Can NDSU go winless in the Dakotas
https://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33092&d=1581390138

...CHEER UP BIZONSSSSSS......YOUSE...HAD TA KNOW.....DUH DAY WOOD COME........YOUSE...HAD 9-10 YEARS....TA PREPARE...........BRAWK!

Hammerhead
October 15th, 2023, 10:21 AM
The silver lining for me is I can buy premium unused seats from season ticketholders instead of sitting near the top of the end zone like we have been since moving back to Fargo 8 years ago.

I don't see this team going past the first round in the playoffs if they even get that far.

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2023, 10:51 AM
I don't want NDSU to play Lafeyette, I want the Bison to play teams we can beat at this stage of the game. xlolx

Also, if you ever get a chance to get back over here, but a bug in Pat's ear to cook up some gumbo for the tailgate, it is absolutely world class chow. Oh baby.

LOL Im hopiong better than 42-6 (we did score TD but missed PAT, Lehigh was skunked)...I heard gumbo awesome. i miss TAB and the rest. I went down to Frisco Jan 2012 to cheer you on! Someone even read about it and offered me a free ticket. I have a standing invite from Tony and Pat to return! Even if Pards arent playing!

Christiank22
October 15th, 2023, 11:36 AM
It remains to be seen if this is a bad team but all the indications are there that is could be.

I've been saying this for awhile, moving to the read option crap like every other team is hot garbage. Bison were a power team that ran a version of the west coast 49er offense but now they look over to the sideline this year to see if they need to change the play. Let the freaking QB audible out of a bad call

Poor athletes on defense is really getting exposed. All 3 levels are weak. Plus our generational strength of our OL every year is way down this year. Weak OL.

What are you smoking and can I get some??

Remains to be seen….?

This team is going to go 6-5, miss playoffs, and get throttled by SDSU, SIU, and UNI.

This team is legitimately one of the worst teams in the MVFC. Matt Entz and Matt Larsen should be unemployed by the end of the year. I wonder how they feel knowing they ruined the greatest run in FCS history.

jacksfan29!
October 15th, 2023, 11:40 AM

Remains to be seen….?

This team is going to go 6-5, miss playoffs, and get throttled by SDSU, SIU, and UNI.

This team is legitimately one of the worst teams in the MVFC. Matt Entz and Matt Larsen should be unemployed by the end of the year. I wonder how they feel knowing they ruined the greatest run in FCS history.

They won't get throttled by SIU or UNI. Who knows what happens against SDSU, it is a rivalry game, a lot of emotions. UND was a terrible team when SDSU played them, one week in Grand Forks and suddenly they looked like world beaters. Anything can happen from week to week, that said, yesterday is the first time in the FCS years I recall a Bison team looking like they quit. I said it before, something is wrong in that locker room.

Christiank22
October 15th, 2023, 11:46 AM
They won't get throttled by SIU or UNI. Who knows what happens against SDSU, it is a rivalry game, a lot of emotions. UND was a terrible team when SDSU played them, one week in Grand Forks and suddenly they looked like world beaters. Anything can happen from week to week, that said, yesterday is the first time in the FCS years I recall a Bison team looking like they quit. I said it before, something is wrong in that locker room.

Matt Entz is what’s wrong. He is truly one of the worst coaches in all of college football.

I appreciate the optimist but no, this team is done. They respond to losses by feeling sorry for themselves and expecting everything to go their way. There’s no fire, no drive, and no leadership on this team. It’s 100% on coaching. Makes me sick to see Entz on the sideline, the dude doesn’t deserve to be called an NDSU football coach.

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2023, 11:49 AM
yesterday is the first time in the FCS years I recall a Bison team looking like they quit.

Granted it was the COVID year, but they definitely quit against SIU when they got thumped in Carbondale.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2023, 12:20 PM

Remains to be seen….?

I don't smoke junior unlike your generation of slackers.

I've been a critic of this team since last year. Bison will win the next 2 games and have a pretty slim chance against SDSU. SIU and UNI are winnable games.

If this coaching staff keeps doing this status quo crap, they deserve to be fired.

Christiank22
October 15th, 2023, 12:23 PM

I've been a critic of this team since last year. Bison will win the next 2 games and have a pretty slim chance against SDSU. SIU and UNI are winnable games.

If this coaching staff keeps doing this status quo crap, they deserve to be fired.

Aww yes. We’re the slackers yet you’re the one diluting yourself thinking this team has a chance at anything. You were probably one of the people who defended Entz.

SIU will dominate this defense and UNI will coach circles around Entz.

We have the same chance of beating SDSU as I have of winning the lottery. Ps I don’t play the lottery.

I know a few real estate agents in Fargo, I’ll give Entz their number so he can get the hell out of Fargo as soon as possible.

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2023, 12:29 PM

This right here. The sky isn't falling quite yet, but there's definitely reason to be irked. They're still 4-2 with a non-con win over a likely conference champion. They'd still get into the playoffs at 7-4. With two guaranteed wins, all they have to do is finish 1-2 against their final 3 opponents. Then you get the Montana advantage of having a home first round game against the OVC or Southland, and then probably get sent to Bozeman.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2023, 01:03 PM
Aww yes. We’re the slackers yet you’re the one diluting yourself thinking this team has a chance at anything. You were probably one of the people who defended Entz.

We have the same chance of beating SDSU as I have of winning the lottery. Ps I don’t play the lottery.

I know a few real estate agents in Fargo, I’ll give Entz their number so he can get the hell out of Fargo as soon as possible.

Ya, they do. They can make the playoffs not matter how smart you think you are.

Coaching staff and players need a come to Jesus moment and figure out their issues.

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2023, 01:04 PM

this 100%

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 02:33 PM
This right here. The sky isn't falling quite yet, but there's definitely reason to be irked. They're still 4-2 with a non-con win over a likely conference champion. They'd still get into the playoffs at 7-4. With two guaranteed wins, all they have to do is finish 1-2 against their final 3 opponents. Then you get the Montana advantage of having a home first round game against the OVC or Southland, and then probably get sent to Bozeman.
No way a 7-4 a bison team gets in the playoffs unless they want 6 MVFC teams in. We lose every tie breaker against the bubble teams. Get a grip. The Bison make it at 8-3 and they will never get there. Save this post for fact. ****.

MTfan4life
October 15th, 2023, 05:04 PM
No way a 7-4 a bison team gets in the playoffs unless they want 6 MVFC teams in. We lose every tie breaker against the bubble teams. Get a grip. The Bison make it at 8-3 and they will never get there. Save this post for fact. ****.

Saved. I understand you're at the bottom of your third box of tissues. Montana got in just last season at 7-4 without a single win over a team better than 4-7. New Hampshire annually gets in with minimal resumes. UNI was 6-5 in 2021 when they got in. They generally favor storied programs.

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2023, 05:08 PM
Pissed??? Not me. I find it amusing.:D

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2023, 05:23 PM

Hey thanks for the T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/ZoyMIv1.jpg

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 05:42 PM
Saved. I understand you're at the bottom of your third box of tissues. Montana got in just last season at 7-4 without a single win over a team better than 4-7. New Hampshire annually gets in with minimal resumes. UNI was 6-5 in 2021 when they got in. They generally favor storied programs.
Tissues. I think it is hilarious. I am not one of these guys that lives and dies over this ****. I am a Bison fan but it is pretty low on my list of important things. If they want to go to GF and drop their pants, salud, that is on them.

Gil Dobie
October 15th, 2023, 06:05 PM
Worst team since 2002. Coach reminds me of Babich, offense and defense. Bison will be lucky to go 6-5.

If Entz comes back, 2-8 next year. We have recruits, they are not being developed like the Bohl/Kleiman years.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2023, 06:21 PM
Tissues. I think it is hilarious. I am not one of these guys that lives and dies over this ****. I am a Bison fan but it is pretty low on my list of important things. If they want to go to GF and drop their pants, salud, that is on them.

I dunno, man. You salty AF for not living and dying over this ****...

POD Knows
October 15th, 2023, 06:25 PM
I dunno, man. You salty AF for not living and dying over this ****...
I get salty over small **** all the time, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Now get the **** off my lawn. 😀

Bisonoline
October 15th, 2023, 06:41 PM

Nice false equivalency. How do you equate your generation of slackers with him thinking this team may be better than what you think????

What type of mental gymnastics got you to make that leap?????? WOW

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2023, 07:10 PM
I get salty over small **** all the time, I wouldn’t read too much into it. Now get the **** off my lawn. 😀

Lol. Fair enough. Turn that ****ing music down!

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2023, 11:12 PM

The more I thought about it, the more I realized DJ would have ran a freight train through the middle of this "defense".

bonarae
October 16th, 2023, 01:52 AM
Meanwhile... are they the Midwestern and/or more well-managed version of ETSU football? xchinscratchx

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2023, 04:54 AM
The more I thought about it, the more I realized DJ would have ran a freight train through the middle of this "defense".

That same hole in the middle has been exposed by several teams the last 2 years. No changes appear to have been made.

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2023, 06:05 AM
Hey thanks for the T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/ZoyMIv1.jpg

Pat youre welcome. You look good in it! For those that dont know, one afternoon I walked into a Lewisburg Walmart (this past spring and I know sounds like start of bad joke)... and beheld a rack of these! I guess shipped to the wrong Bison?! Anyways bought a bunch of them for $1.00 apiece and sent some out to my good friends on the Red River. Folks I spent four days basking in the wonders of Fargo so how could I not return some favor!

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2023, 07:10 AM
That same hole in the middle has been exposed by several teams the last 2 years. No changes appear to have been made.It's why I've been calling him Meathead all this time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2023, 07:22 AM
Nice false equivalency. How do you equate your generation of slackers with him thinking this team may be better than what you think????

What type of mental gymnastics got you to make that leap?????? WOW

PL, he's a little punk idiot!

xnodx

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2023, 07:31 AM
It's why I've been calling him Meathead all this time.

Used to be great when the Bison would come out the 2nd half with adjustments on offense or defense.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2023, 11:58 AM
The correct answer is 2009. Worst NDSU team since 2009. The recruiting and coaching has been falling off since Klieman left. The lines are very average and that's a huge issue especially in the MVFC. We will be lucky to finish 4th or 5th in the conference. Looking at 3 or 4 losses at least.

POD Knows
October 16th, 2023, 12:02 PM
The correct answer is 2009. Worst NDSU team since 2009. The recruiting and coaching has been falling off since Klieman left. The lines are very average and that's a huge issue especially in the MVFC. We will be lucky to finish 4th or 5th in the conference. Looking at 3 or 4 losses at least.
Hell. That 2009 team was more competitive in most of their losses than this team. When they finish 6-5 I am gonna jump the shark and state that it is the worst team since the move to D1. At least there were a lot of quality players on the 2009 team.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Hell. That 2009 team was more competitive in most of their losses than this team. When they finish 6-5 I am gonna jump the shark and state that it is the worst team since the move to D1. At least there were a lot of quality players on the 2009 team.
You maybe right we'll see how the rest of the season plays out I guess. My hope is we start playing some of the younger guys and they impress but time will tell.

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2023, 12:13 PM
Mentioned this in the AGS Poll thread but this week broke an incredible streak of 175 consecutive polls where NDSU was ranked in the top 8 of the AGS Poll - it started with the final poll of the 2010 season.

I always knew that streak would come to an end but for them to completely fall of a cliff is pretty astounding. Plenty of blame to go around but most of it needs to be heaped right at the top with HC Matt Entz. I never would've thought someone 2 seasons removed from a national title and one season removed from a national runner-up would be on the hot seat but here we are - his team has earned him that heat.

POD Knows
October 16th, 2023, 12:42 PM
You maybe right we'll see how the rest of the season plays out I guess. My hope is we start playing some of the younger guys and they impress but time will tell.These guys that stick around 5/6/7 years are a detriment to these teams, the young guys don't get to see the field, start looking elsewhere and bail. There are a handful of NDSU guys coming back next year maybe and I think the team would be better off if they just packed it in.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2023, 01:28 PM
These guys that stick around 5/6/7 years are a detriment to these teams, the young guys don't get to see the field, start looking elsewhere and bail. There are a handful of NDSU guys coming back next year maybe and I think the team would be better off if they just packed it in.

Giving guys an extra year due to covid was dumb but the coaching staff playing older players over more talented players is just plain stupid. The best players should play.

crusader11
October 16th, 2023, 01:41 PM
Mentioned this in the AGS Poll thread but this week broke an incredible streak of 175 consecutive polls where NDSU was ranked in the top 8 of the AGS Poll - it started with the final poll of the 2010 season.

I always knew that streak would come to an end but for them to completely fall of a cliff is pretty astounding. Plenty of blame to go around but most of it needs to be heaped right at the top with HC Matt Entz. I never would've thought someone 2 seasons removed from a national title and one season removed from a national runner-up would be on the hot seat but here we are - his team has earned him that heat.

Should Courtney Messingham been the guy instead?

What about Joe Klanderman?

TheKingpin28
October 16th, 2023, 01:44 PM
Used to be great when the Bison would come out the 2nd half with adjustments on offense or defense.That was when we had a coaching staff that wasn't RPO based and actually cared about a legacy.

Christiank22
October 16th, 2023, 02:44 PM

I know it’s hard to believe but watching the games it was pretty obvious from the beginning that entz was lost out there. Since he took over we’ve had issues with discipline, lacked adjustments, and started a bunch of gimmicky **** (see swinging gate)

We out talented everyone, now we have his recruits who aren’t as talented and we’re horrible. I can’t wait to see him gone

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2023, 03:21 PM
Should Courtney Messingham been the guy instead?

What about Joe Klanderman?
There's plenty of good candidates out there from the Bohl/Klieman tree... but it's probably all hot air until at least the end of next season. Entz probably will get a chance to turn it around (people forget that Craig Bohl's team lost their way in the middle of his tenure before he got them back on track) but I bet his leash is as short of a coach who's 53-9 with two national titles can have.

Bisonoline
October 16th, 2023, 10:02 PM
Pat youre welcome. You look good in it! For those that dont know, one afternoon I walked into a Lewisburg Walmart (this past spring and I know sounds like start of bad joke)... and beheld a rack of these! I guess shipped to the wrong Bison?! Anyways bought a bunch of them for $1.00 apiece and sent some out to my good friends on the Red River. Folks I spent four days basking in the wonders of Fargo so how could I not return some favor!

We loved having you. You know you are welcome back anytime!!!!!

Bisonoline
October 16th, 2023, 10:04 PM
Used to be great when the Bison would come out the 2nd half with adjustments on offense or defense.

Entz out smarted them by NOT doing any 2cnd half adjustments. HA he fooled them.

dewey
October 16th, 2023, 10:14 PM
I think this NDSU team is the worst since 2009. That 2009 finished 3-8 but of those 8 losses none of them were by more than 15 points and a lot closer.

Dewey

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2023, 10:58 PM
I think this NDSU team is the worst since 2009. That 2009 finished 3-8 but of those 8 losses none of them were by more than 15 points and a lot closer.

Dewey

That team was better than this team. Bohl would have outcoached the crap out of Entz in a head to head game 2009 vs 2023. Thats why I said 2002, Entz and Babich are both at the low end of the coaching gene pool.

bonarae
October 17th, 2023, 01:14 AM

Are NDSU's troubles even comparable to ETSU's, at least in football? Dartmouth is probably joining the mix, but that's too early to tell for our Ivy comparant?

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2023, 06:42 AM
Are NDSU's troubles even comparable to ETSU's, at least in football? Dartmouth is probably joining the mix, but that's too early to tell for our Ivy comparant?
I don't think so. NDSU has every built-in advantage you can have at this level unlike those teams. It's much more akin to Montana IMO. They'll have their pick from a lot of really good coaches if they part ways with Entz or Entz will get it figured out. Looks like they'll be pretty average while that is being determined.

MR. CHICKEN
October 17th, 2023, 07:01 AM

.....FUN TA WATCH......BIZONSSSSS FANS......FOLD INTA DUH FETAL.......NOW YOUSE ARE DEALIN'....WHIFF WHAT....DUH REST UH US....ALWAYS HAVE......FIGHTIN' TA SURVIVE.....YOU'VE LOST TWO TOUGH GAMES...TA TWO TOUGH TEAMS.............AN' YOUSE WANNA SEND ENTZ...TA DUH CHAIR........SHAME DUH RATS....ARE LOWERIN' LIFE BOATS....WHIFF LOT MO' TA PLAY................JES SAYIN'......xbabycryx.......AWK!

Gil Dobie
October 17th, 2023, 08:23 AM

.....FUN TA WATCH......BIZONSSSSS FANS......FOLD INTA DUH FETAL.......NOW YOUSE ARE DEALIN'....WHIFF WHAT....DUH REST UH US....ALWAYS HAVE......FIGHTIN' TA SURVIVE.....YOU'VE LOST TWO TOUGH GAMES...TA TWO TOUGH TEAMS.............AN' YOUSE WANNA SEND ENTZ...TA DUH CHAIR........SHAME DUH RATS....ARE LOWERIN' LIFE BOATS....WHIFF LOT MO' TA PLAY................JES SAYIN'......xbabycryx.......AWK!

You must enjoy watching those fake field goals. Bison lost a lot of players from last year. Some even left to play for Kleiman. I think NDSU will return to relevance before DA BLUE KLUCKERS.

Gil Dobie
October 17th, 2023, 08:38 AM

The Bison have had down years, but have always comeback. Won 3 in the 1960s, 4 in the 1980s, 1 in 1990 and 9 in FCS.

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2023, 08:55 AM

They didn't just lose to UND - they got destroyed. I was mentally prepared for them to lose that game but not the way they did. They were out-coached, out-executed, out-focused, out-efforted, out-everythinged and just flat out quit on top of it all. That's inexcusable and it'll take a while to regain the "just a bad game" benefit of the doubt they lost from those of us who support them.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2023, 09:54 AM
They didn't just lose to UND - they got destroyed. I was mentally prepared for them to lose that game but not the way they did. They were out-coached, out-executed, out-focused, out-efforted, out-everythinged and just flat out quit on top of it all. That's inexcusable and it'll take a while to regain the "just a bad game" benefit of the doubt they lost from those of us who support them.
They are outmanned at every position. Name one Bison skill player that you would take over the guys UND has. Would you take Cam Miller over Tommy S, maybe, but their running backs and receivers are better than NDSU. I would trade both our O line and D line right now with UND. that is a sad statement but it is true.

MR. CHICKEN
October 17th, 2023, 10:34 AM

...BUT YOUSE BIZONSSSSS.....SAID YER TIRED UH WINNIN'......EMPTY SEATS...EMPTY TENTS.....YOUSE LOST SOME PLAYERS.....JES' LIKE DUH REST UH US....YA'S PASTED UH GOOD C. ARKANSAS........YANK DUH HOSE....FROM YER TAILPIPE....xsighx....DOODLE-DOO!

ps.....JES' FO' DUH RECORD....NOT ONE....PECKERHEAD POSTER........HAS CLAIMED....HENS RULE.......SO THERE'S DAT..........BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2023, 12:37 PM
They are outmanned at every position. Name one Bison skill player that you would take over the guys UND has. Would you take Cam Miller over Tommy S, maybe, but their running backs and receivers are better than NDSU. I would trade both our O line and D line right now with UND. that is a sad statement but it is true.
It's tough to say because I think NDSU's coaching staff has botched so many things lately who knows what a competent coaching staff could do with these players. NDSU football used to be better than the sum of its parts whereas now they're worse than the sum of their parts. NDSU has won practically every single head-to-head recruiting battle they have had with UND in recent memory - UND did what NDSU used to do to the Gophers and beat them with players they didn't want (and UND stomped NDSU with those players no less). It all points back to the coaching whether the problem is recruiting, retention, player development, scheme, etc.

geaux_sioux
October 17th, 2023, 01:47 PM

I would take Eli Green and Carson Hegerle

geaux_sioux
October 17th, 2023, 01:50 PM
It's tough to say because I think NDSU's coaching staff has botched so many things lately who knows what a competent coaching staff could do with these players. NDSU football used to be better than the sum of its parts whereas now they're worse than the sum of their parts. NDSU has won practically every single head-to-head recruiting battle they have had with UND in recent memory - UND did what NDSU used to do to the Gophers and beat them with players they didn't want (and UND stomped NDSU with those players no less). It all points back to the coaching whether the problem is recruiting, retention, player development, scheme, etc.

The first time I saw your defense take the field I said to my dad next to me “they aren’t as big as they used to be” and man did that show in the trenches. You guys used to have at least one guy, usually 3 at least, who were mean as hell and would take games over.

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2023, 02:39 PM
Speaking of Hegerle, he would look really good in UND’s offense.

JacksFan40
October 17th, 2023, 03:18 PM
I'd say that the emergence of SDSU as the premier FCS program and the decline of NDSU happening at the same time is not a coincidence either. NDSU typically got whoever they wanted in this region, as you mentioned, after the P5 schools got who they wanted and sometimes they'd beat the P5 schools for some recruits. SDSU was left with whatever they could get. Now SDSU is getting whoever they want and is directly competing with NDSU for recruits, and now winning a lot of the battles. I think the days of NDSU getting great players from SDSUs backyard (Waege, Ching etc.) is going to become very rare.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2023, 04:02 PM
I would take Eli Green and Carson Hegerle
Has Hegerle even played down this year? I will trade you Green for Belquist right now, no questions asked

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2023, 04:12 PM
Has Hegerle even played down this year? I will trade you Green for Belquist right now, no questions asked

Haha I bet. Speaking of which, the Bison staff didn’t even talk to him at their camp right after he attended UND’s and showed out. Little things like that are hurting Entz too

POD Knows
October 17th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Haha I bet. Speaking of which, the Bison staff didn’t even talk to him at their camp right after he attended UND’s and showed out. Little things like that are hurting Entz too
Yea, we know all about that, why do you think there is a decent amount of teeth grinding over the coaching regime over here. This current team, under this current leadership, is a ghost of what it once was. We can argue about whether or not it is schemes or "processes" that are the issues here or if it is just poor recruiting and player development. I happen to be of the mind that the quality just isn't there with this player group. Don't have any idea how this decay happened this quickly but it did and it is obvious.

People are clamoring to get the young guys reps now, particularly on D, well, we have seen how our two deep has played on D in some of the blow out games and it has been a train wreck. It is pretty clear that NDSU is going to have to get into a rebuilding mode and if that entails losing the arrogance with respect to drawing players from the portal, then that is what they are gonna have to do.

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2023, 07:07 PM
I'd say that the emergence of SDSU as the premier FCS program and the decline of NDSU happening at the same time is not a coincidence either. NDSU typically got whoever they wanted in this region, as you mentioned, after the P5 schools got who they wanted and sometimes they'd beat the P5 schools for some recruits. SDSU was left with whatever they could get. Now SDSU is getting whoever they want and is directly competing with NDSU for recruits, and now winning a lot of the battles. I think the days of NDSU getting great players from SDSUs backyard (Waege, Ching etc.) is going to become very rare.
NDSU still wins plenty of recruiting battles with SDSU - I think it's a matter of NDSU losing what they did under Klieman more than SDSU's emergence that's led to NDSU's downfall. Whether it's identifying and recruiting talent, retaining talent, or developing it their downfall is mainly self-inflicted IMO. I know not every coach is going to be at Klieman's level and it's also a lot harder than most of us acknowledge to stay at the level NDSU was at for so long but we're seeing real-life proof of the higher you rise the harder you fall.

Gil Dobie
October 17th, 2023, 08:40 PM
Yea, we know all about that, why do you think there is a decent amount of teeth grinding over the coaching regime over here. This current team, under this current leadership, is a ghost of what it once was. We can argue about whether or not it is schemes or "processes" that are the issues here or if it is just poor recruiting and player development. I happen to be of the mind that the quality just isn't there with this player group. Don't have any idea how this decay happened this quickly but it did and it is obvious.

People are clamoring to get the young guys reps now, particularly on D, well, we have seen how our two deep has played on D in some of the blow out games and it has been a train wreck. It is pretty clear that NDSU is going to have to get into a rebuilding mode and if that entails losing the arrogance with respect to drawing players from the portal, then that is what they are gonna have to do.

Didn't Bohl have a plane, and traveled the state looking at recruits?

JSUSoutherner
October 17th, 2023, 10:24 PM
Lol

POD Knows
October 18th, 2023, 09:04 AM
Lol
Like is said, we should be bad enough now to move up to FBS, it seemed to work for you guys

kdinva
October 18th, 2023, 09:10 AM
Giving guys an extra year due to covid was dumb

THIS right here, too many 24 and 25 year olds still playing (except in Lex Vegas)

geaux_sioux
October 18th, 2023, 09:12 AM

I trust that if there’s a position that your meathead coaches don’t really understand it’s wr. I’d take both guys and put them in our system and watch them flourish. Maybe. I mean we did just have a guy who wasn’t playing much for us transfer to sdsu and he plays more there than he did for us. Sometimes guys just need a fresh opportunity. Carson and Eli can portal their way over here any time.

JacksFan40
October 18th, 2023, 09:28 AM
THIS right here, too many 24 and 25 year olds still playing (except in Lex Vegas)
We have a bunch of 6th year seniors on our team, a big reason why we are so good, so I am alright with it. Next season should be the last season with players still using the extra COVID season.

POD Knows
October 18th, 2023, 10:16 AM
I trust that if there’s a position that your meathead coaches don’t really understand it’s wr. I’d take both guys and put them in our system and watch them flourish. Maybe. I mean we did just have a guy who wasn’t playing much for us transfer to sdsu and he plays more there than he did for us. Sometimes guys just need a fresh opportunity. Carson and Eli can portal their way over here any time.
They don’t understand that position and they are completely incapable of getting RBs involved in the passing game. Your OC is LIGHT YEARS better than what NDSU has at the present time. I would love to see a graphic that shows where the Bison throw the ball. They completely ignore the field between the hash marks. It is a mystery to me as other teams just destroy us with slants and other things in that area.

MR. CHICKEN
October 20th, 2023, 08:04 AM

.....HAS DUH....BIZONSSSS'S....TRAININ' TABLE....SWITCHED DUH WHEATIES.....FO'.........FROSTED FLAKES...xconfusedx........DOODLE-DOO!

Gil Dobie
October 20th, 2023, 08:18 AM

.....HAS DUH....BIZONSSSS'S....TRAININ' TABLE....SWITCHED DUH WHEATIES.....FO'.........FROSTED FLAKES...xconfusedx........DOODLE-DOO!

Must have switched to the Blue Hens feed bags.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2023, 06:25 AM
We have a bunch of 6th year seniors on our team, a big reason why we are so good, so I am alright with it. Next season should be the last season with players still using the extra COVID season.

The Jacks 6th year guys are pretty darn good, NDSU's are not.

Jacks have a nice run going here. W/O a large number of injuries to key players, they are easily going 15-0 this year. Enjoy it.

JSUSoutherner
October 26th, 2023, 06:37 AM
This thread sure ended quickly after NDSU dismantled an OVC team.

Gil Dobie
October 26th, 2023, 06:58 AM

Still looking at a possible 3-5 loss season.

Chalupa Batman
October 26th, 2023, 07:35 AM

Don't worry, it will pick up again on November 4 at about 3:30 CST.

MR. CHICKEN
October 26th, 2023, 08:03 AM
......VALLEY BOYS....YER BEIN'..UH LITTLE HARD...ON DUH BEAV......(BEAVIS ENTZ).....AWK!

Chalupa Batman
October 26th, 2023, 08:32 AM
......VALLEY BOYS....YER BEIN'..UH LITTLE HARD...ON DUH BEAV......(BEAVIS ENTZ).....AWK!

I'm a little more optimistic about the last two games (home against SIU and @ UNI) then other Bison fans, I like our chances to win both. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose one of them, but would be surprised if we lost both.

But I am not at all optimistic about the Marker game. If Stig was still coaching we'd lose by about the same score we lost in Frisco. With Rogers coaching he might make us wish FCS had a mercy rule.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 26th, 2023, 08:28 PM
I'm a little more optimistic about the last two games (home against SIU and @ UNI) then other Bison fans, I like our chances to win both. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose one of them, but would be surprised if we lost both.

But I am not at all optimistic about the Marker game. If Stig was still coaching we'd lose by about the same score we lost in Frisco. With Rogers coaching he might make us wish FCS had a mercy rule.

I was down there in '07 when the Bison were heavily favored and got beat. Bison can win but it is highly unlikely. SDSU has beaten NDSU when the Bison have been favored so maybe the Bison can return the favor.

This Bison is the least talented team since probably the late 2000s.

bonarae
October 26th, 2023, 08:36 PM
I'm expecting a little closer score than a beatdown. Maybe 10-17 points. But Jacks have the upper hand for this season.

nodak651
October 26th, 2023, 10:13 PM
They don’t understand that position and they are completely incapable of getting RBs involved in the passing game. Your OC is LIGHT YEARS better than what NDSU has at the present time. I would love to see a graphic that shows where the Bison throw the ball. They completely ignore the field between the hash marks. It is a mystery to me as other teams just destroy us with slants and other things in that area.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2023, 08:25 AM
I'm expecting a little closer score than a beatdown. Maybe 10-17 points. But Jacks have the upper hand for this season.
You'd think so but both times this year that they've been punched in the mouth (by lesser teams than SDSU) they've folded so I have very little confidence they've got the heart/toughness to hang with a team like SDSU on the road once they face some adversity.

POD Knows
October 27th, 2023, 09:56 AM
3312833127Thanks for providing this. I am honestly surprised at the number of throws between the numbers. I stand corrected. I wonder how this ration would compare to other offenses.

F'N Hawks
October 27th, 2023, 02:06 PM
Thanks for providing this. I am honestly surprised at the number of throws between the numbers. I stand corrected. I wonder how this ration would compare to other offenses.

Seemed like against UND they were all outside the hashes. Had to do with scrambling too though

POD Knows
October 27th, 2023, 02:14 PM
Seemed like against UND they were all outside the hashes. Had to do with scrambling too thoughThey do throw more passes outside the numbers by a decent margin but I was surprised it was this close. Used to run seam routes with the TE's and I cant remember the last time we did that, used to run middle screens, haven't seen that for a while either. I would have bet money that the margin on throws outside the numbers were about a 3 to 1 ratio, I guess that is why I don't gamble much. :D

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2023, 06:53 AM
They do throw more passes outside the numbers by a decent margin but I was surprised it was this close. Used to run seam routes with the TE's and I cant remember the last time we did that, used to run middle screens, haven't seen that for a while either. I would have bet money that the margin on throws outside the numbers were about a 3 to 1 ratio, I guess that is why I don't gamble much. :D
Where is Cult of Snorty? Or should I ask, who was Snorty? Or should I ask, what did Snorty do for fun?xsmiley_wix

dewey
October 28th, 2023, 07:44 AM
They do throw more passes outside the numbers by a decent margin but I was surprised it was this close. Used to run seam routes with the TE's and I cant remember the last time we did that, used to run middle screens, haven't seen that for a while either. I would have bet money that the margin on throws outside the numbers were about a 3 to 1 ratio, I guess that is why I don't gamble much. :D

Those middle screens to DJ McNorton in 2010, 2011 and maybe 2012 were beautiful.

Dewey

POD Knows
October 28th, 2023, 09:50 AM
Those middle screens to DJ McNorton in 2010, 2011 and maybe 2012 were beautiful.

Dewey
Have we thrown one of those since then, we have had a bunch of good RB's and good O lines that could pull that off. It is a mystery. I have seen teams run screen against us with success.

bobcathpdevil56
October 28th, 2023, 11:11 AM
Have we thrown one of those since then, we have had a bunch of good RB's and good D lines that could pull that off. It is a mystery. I have seen teams run screen against us with success.

Damn the Bizon were good if they had D linemen running screens for them. 😉😉

POD Knows
October 28th, 2023, 12:15 PM
Damn the Bizon were good if they had D linemen running screens for them. 
****. Fixed it.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 28th, 2023, 02:48 PM
Wofford and A Citadel have entered the chat.

FYP

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
October 28th, 2023, 03:27 PM

ETSU hired Randy Sanders back in 2017 who I felt was an amazing hire. He knew what a championship-level football team at the college level looks like. Four seasons in, Sanders got ETSU two SoCon titles (the 2018 title was ETSU's first SoCon FB title in school history). I would submit to you that had Sanders not retired, ETSU would be in the national title conversation today. This ETSU fan would LOVE to have the difficulties NDSU is having.

Bisonoline
October 28th, 2023, 10:19 PM
Where is Cult of Snorty? Or should I ask, who was Snorty? Or should I ask, what did Snorty do for fun?xsmiley_wix

Snorty is the Bison Mascot, Logo or Moniker. He was invented by Pete Lana who was a wide receiver that played in the very late 60s and very early 70s.

Picture of Original Snorty

https://i.imgur.com/z2edIce.jpg

uni88
October 28th, 2023, 10:29 PM

His name is Snorty, what do you think he does for fun?

https://i.imgur.com/OVbiByz.jpeg

Chalupa Batman
October 28th, 2023, 10:41 PM
His name is Snorty, what do you think he does for fun?

https://i.imgur.com/OVbiByz.jpeg

He's never done cocaine but he's smelled it a couple of times.