PDA

View Full Version : "This isn't Appalachian State"

andy7171
December 5th, 2007, 09:52 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-steelersvsno1&prov=ap&type=lgns

TheValleyRaider
December 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I don't see what's wrong with the comment

App. State over Michigan was a huge upset, as much as we like to talk about how good FCS is, it still was a big deal

Pittsburgh over New England would be an upset, sure, but not even close in scale xpeacex

spelunker64
December 5th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Is more FCS recognition a bad thing???

andy7171
December 5th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Yeah the second time I read it, it wasn't as bad as I first interpreted it. Actually I didn't even see the -Michigan" part of the quote.

spelunker64
December 5th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Now if it was in the context of Adam Sandlers quote in "The Longest Yard" then I could see it being negative.

Thunderstruck84
December 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Well, it isn't Stanford vs USC either but it will be in a couple weeks when Miami comes to New England.

Peems
December 5th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Well, it isn't Stanford vs USC either but it will be in a couple weeks when Miami comes to New England.

There's a small part of me that wants the Pats to win so that the Dolphins could destroy their season. But then I realize the Dolphins have no chance at beating the Patriots. "Deep Impact" has a better shot of happening than the Dolphins beating the Pats.

TwinTownBisonFan
December 5th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I despise the Pats, but I'd like nothing more than to see those smug a$$clowns from the 72' dolphins have to eat it.

there is little as vile in sports as their little champagne toast when a the last undefeated team loses...

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2007, 09:36 AM

Wouldnt THAT be the sports story of the year..The winless Dolphins get their only victory of the season in the last game - spoiling the chances for NE's trumping of the 1972 Dolphins undefeated season!!

andy7171
December 6th, 2007, 09:40 AM
The Patriots themselves are a likable group. But the are all overshadowed by Bellichick, who is the modern day Darth Vader of the NFL.

AZGrizFan
December 6th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Now if it was in the context of Adam Sandlers quote in "The Longest Yard" then I could see it being negative.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Now THAT was funny.

appfan2008
December 6th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah it aint the same because pittsburgh has not won back to back titles:)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brownbear
December 6th, 2007, 08:08 PM
NOT IN FOXBORO, NO WAY, UH UH NOT GONNA HAPPEN,

Homefield advantage is minimal in the NFL. Also, what do you think would make more sense? The Steelers winning in Gillette Stadium or App State winning in the Big House in front of 120,000 silent fans?

CrazyCat
December 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
I despise the Pats, but I'd like nothing more than to see those smug a$$clowns from the 72' dolphins have to eat it.

there is little as vile in sports as their little champagne toast when a the last undefeated team loses...

Especially that Mercury Morris jerk. "they ain't even in my neighborhood yet." What an ass.

spelunker64
December 7th, 2007, 07:42 AM

Shouldn't the '72 Dolphins be more worried that thier own team could be 16 games under at the end of the season...