PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings 9-25

JALMOND
September 25th, 2023, 08:44 PM
The first week of conference play is in the books in the Big Sky and things did go pretty much as expected with the notable exception being Northern Arizona's win over Montana. Questions are beginning to be answered as the games begin to count and what was thought to be a six-team sprint is turning into a three or four team race to the top. Another round of conference games this weekend with all the teams playing, and those at home last week are all on the road. Here are this week's power rankings for the conference (last week's rankings in parenthesis). All are my opinion only. Here we go.

1. Montana State (2)---Last week won at Weber State 40-0, this week Portland State at home---Did you know that the Bobcats quarterback is down with an injury? You wouldn't know it after last week when they went on the road and dismantled a good conference foe. They return home this week for a game that should not be as difficult as last week, which was not much difficulty.

2. Idaho (3)---Last week beat Sacramento State at home 36-27, this week at Eastern Washington---The Vandals have a good team. That is for sure. They didn't bat an eye last week, welcoming one of the heavy hitters into their cozy confines and getting a strong win. Now they head out for a short trip to play the conference upstart. Can they keep the good feelings going on the road?

3. Sacramento State (1)---Last week lost at Idaho 36-27, this week Northern Arizona at home---Feeling good after beating up on the Pac-12 and starting conference play, but the Hornets took one on the chin last weekend. Returning home smarting from the loss, they need to refocus as a strong conference opponent comes calling with an impressive win already under their belt.

4. Eastern Washington (5)---Last week won at UC Davis 27-24, this week Idaho at home---No one was talking much about the Eagles heading into the season, but after a daunting non-conference and now an impressive conference road win, they are finally getting some recognition. With another tough game on the horizon, they will look to make even more noise within the conference walls.

5. UC Davis (7)---Last week lost to Eastern Washington at home 27-24, this week at Cal Poly---What to make of this Aggies team? After an up and down non-conference slate, they were poised to get the year off to a good start with a home date against the conference upstart, but it was them that took a loss. Now they head out on the road for a game that they should win. They should win.

6. Montana (4)---Last week lost at Northern Arizona 28-14, this week Idaho State at home---Heading into a place where weird things are known to happen, but the Grizzlies just seemed to find ways to win and they were expected to come back home with a win. However, things did not go as planned and they now seek their first conference win at home this weekend. This was a gimme, but is it now?

7. Weber State (6)---Last week lost to Montana State at home 40-0, this week at Northern Colorado---Coming home after their thrashing to the Pac-12 was supposed to be a good thing for the Wildcats, but the game was anything but good for them. Playing one of the top conference teams at home, they needed that game and they didn't get it. They should get that conference win this weekend.

8. Portland State (8)---Last week beat Cal Poly at home 59-21, this week at Montana State---Playing the FBS twice then the NAIA means a lot of questions are not resolved, but the Vikings came out and were dominate at home in their conference opener. Playing one of the conference bottom dwellers is one thing, but they now head out on the road and play one of the conference heavyweights.

9. Northern Arizona (9)---Last week beat Montana at home 28-14, this week at Sacramento State---It seemed like the Lumberjacks were going through the motions in non-conference, then they put away one of the conference powers with a strong home win. You want to be playing your best in conference play and they did that last week. They have to keep it up this weekend with another power on the docket.

10. Idaho State (10)---Last week beat Northern Colorado at home 35-21, this week at Montana---Guess what? The Bengals are 1-0 in conference play after their win last weekend, which puts them at the top of the conference standings. Can they stay there? They have to get by a tough road date this weekend against one of the conference mainstays. But there is a chance, right?

11. Cal Poly (11)---Last week lost at Portland State 59-21, this week UC Davis at home---Any chance that the Mustangs had in emerging victorious last weekend disappeared right after the opening kickoff, with things going sour soon after that. They will have a chance to right the ship and get a win, but it may prove to be more difficult than last week, even with the game at home.

12. Northern Colorado (12)---Last week lost at Idaho State 35-21, this week Weber State at home---In the conference battle for the basement, the Bears came out on the bottom and therefore earned the right to claim the basement as their own. How long they stay there remains to be seen. Things do not seem to be improving as they get one of the conference bigwigs this weekend.

RECAP: 1-3 out front, 4 keeping up, 5-9 in a bunch, then 10-11 with 12 a step behind.

uofmman1122
September 25th, 2023, 09:28 PM
I would move Montana to #9 and bump up Weber, PSU and NAU.

Utgrizfan
September 25th, 2023, 10:28 PM
Until this coaching staff proves that they actually know what the hell they're doing, especially on offense, I agree with uofmman112. Just like NAU Idaho State is no longer a gimme, I hate being so negative but this coaching staff has ensured I have 0 confidence in them, we've done nothing but get worse for 2 years.

JALMOND
September 26th, 2023, 12:49 AM
Grizzlies still have 3 good wins and a loss in a tough place in the conference. Weber had a tough loss last week, PSU beat up on a bottom feeder and NAU did get the win at home over the Grizzlies but right after their ugly loss to Utah Tech the week before, a team that the Griz beat up on the road. Viks and Jacks are on the rise but I need to see more from both before I can jump them past the Griz or Weber. I'm thinking everything will (should) be all right after this weekend.

wapiti
September 26th, 2023, 09:51 AM
First weekend of conference games is over. One surprise result with the UM loss to NAU. EWU and PSU are rising.
Mathematically, every team still has a shot at the playoffs, but this could end this weekend.

1a. Idaho - Beat the team that beat Stanford. When will Idaho tear down that dome and have an outdoor field?

1b. Montana State - Schooled BBQ State with a shutout.

3. Sacramento State --ohh so close to wining in Moscow.

4. Eastern Washington -- I was not sure who to put in 4th, but EWU has quietly earned their way to this spot.

5. UC Davis ---The loss of their star offensive player hurt. But their defense was the same and allowed EWU to score a few more points.

6. Weber -- The shutout at home has to sting. The next few games BBQ should be favored.

7. Portland State - PSU is rising up after the beat down from Oregon.

8. Montana -- UM thumped Utah Tech - Utah Tech Thumped NAU - NAU beat UM - Round and round it goes. Who is the best team of the 3?

9. Northern Arizona -- Maybe NAU should be ahead of UM after beating UM? but that is a hard one to determine.

10. Idaho State -- Beat UNCU to avoid a last place finish in the Big Sky (hopefully). Next up a reeling griz team in Missoula.

11. Cal Poly -- In a dog fight for the last place finish in the Big Sky so they can earn a higher seed in the draft. (They do play each other Oct 21.)

12. Northern Colorado -- Another game another loss. Is it possible to have the McCaffreys pay a fine for what they did to this team?

RECAP: 1-3 out front, 4-6 a step behind, 7-9 in a bunch, then 10-12 bringing up the rear.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 10:09 AM
1. Montana State (1) - Dominated BBQ in all phases of the game. The defense is starting to gel and we're actually throwing the ball a bit so as to not be completely 1-dimensional on offense. Might be time to start letting Kautzman kick the PATs and FGs after Hall struggled a bit. (And not just because his last name is nearly the same as mine)
2. Idaho (2) - I had Idaho at 2 last week due to my belief that they would beat Sac in a dogfight. So here they stay.
3. Sac St (3) - Big Sky is starting to look like 3 clear front runners.
4. EWU (7) - I had them losing a close game at Davis, and to be sure, I think they lose the game if Larison doesn't get hurt. But he did, and they didn't.
5. UC-Davis (5) - They came up just short in a tough battle. Even without Larison, a late blocked FG was needed to preserve the win.
6. Weber (4) - Ran into a buzzsaw. Not sure if Weber is that bad or MSU is that good, or both. But they have a better win than those below them.
7. PSU (8) - At this point, if Montana doesn't figure it out, I think PSU beats the Griz in November, sending them home to lick their wounds before welcoming the Bobcats for the Brawl.
8. NAU (9) - Really just looked like the better team last weekend. Held UM to 0.8 ypc (including sack yards lost)!?! Only 10 UM first downs, not including those awarded for penalties.
9. Montana (6) - I haven't been impressed with them pretty much all year. When they thumped UTU on the road, I thought maybe they were putting it together. Then Ferris was very underwhelming, followed by last week's debacle. Might be the lowest I've ranked them, but alas no archives to consult.
10. ISU (10) - Bengals won a game they were supposed to but I thought they'd handle the Bears a bit easier. Can they beat the reeling Griz to move out of the bottom quarter? No. Not at Wa-Griz anyway, especially coming off a bad loss.
11. NoCo (11) - showed some life in a road loss to ISU, being tied in the 3rd and down only 7 going into the final quarter.
12. Cal Poly (12) - Got throttled by the Vikings. Only chance for a conference W is going to be hosting UNC and they gave ISU a fight, so I don't see them winning at this point.

1-3 Cream is rising to the top
4-5 One of these will be in the playoffs
6-7 Playoffs looking unlikely, but could still affect the playoff hunt by ruining someone's day
8-9 I dunno WTF. Mediocre? Bad? Can they put it together before it's too late?
10-12 Still dumpster fires.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 10:12 AM
Grizzlies still have 3 good wins and a loss in a tough place in the conference. Weber had a tough loss last week, PSU beat up on a bottom feeder and NAU did get the win at home over the Grizzlies but right after their ugly loss to Utah Tech the week before, a team that the Griz beat up on the road. Viks and Jacks are on the rise but I need to see more from both before I can jump them past the Griz or Weber. I'm thinking everything will (should) be all right after this weekend.

Very generous in the 3 good wins. Butler isn't good, nor is UTU (though NAU somehow made it look better). Ferris is decent, but I'd really like to see more separation.

Silenoz
September 26th, 2023, 11:31 AM
Ahead of Weber. Suck it Wildcats! xlolx xdrunkyx

THE DANIMAL
September 26th, 2023, 12:35 PM
1. Montana State (1) - Dominated BBQ in all phases of the game. The defense is starting to gel and we're actually throwing the ball a bit so as to not be completely 1-dimensional on offense. Might be time to start letting Kautzman kick the PATs and FGs after Hall struggled a bit. (And not just because his last name is nearly the same as mine)
2. Idaho (2) - I had Idaho at 2 last week due to my belief that they would beat Sac in a dogfight. So here they stay.
3. Sac St (3) - Big Sky is starting to look like 3 clear front runners.
4. EWU (7) - I had them losing a close game at Davis, and to be sure, I think they lose the game if Larison doesn't get hurt. But he did, and they didn't.
5. UC-Davis (5) - They came up just short in a tough battle. Even without Larison, a late blocked FG was needed to preserve the win.
6. Weber (4) - Ran into a buzzsaw. Not sure if Weber is that bad or MSU is that good, or both. But they have a better win than those below them.
7. PSU (8) - At this point, if Montana doesn't figure it out, I think PSU beats the Griz in November, sending them home to lick their wounds before welcoming the Bobcats for the Brawl.
8. NAU (9) - Really just looked like the better team last weekend. Held UM to 0.8 ypc (including sack yards lost)!?! Only 10 UM first downs, not including those awarded for penalties.
9. Montana (6) - I haven't been impressed with them pretty much all year. When they thumped UTU on the road, I thought maybe they were putting it together. Then Ferris was very underwhelming, followed by last week's debacle. Might be the lowest I've ranked them, but alas no archives to consult.
10. ISU (10) - Bengals won a game they were supposed to but I thought they'd handle the Bears a bit easier. Can they beat the reeling Griz to move out of the bottom quarter? No. Not at Wa-Griz anyway, especially coming off a bad loss.
11. NoCo (11) - showed some life in a road loss to ISU, being tied in the 3rd and down only 7 going into the final quarter.
12. Cal Poly (12) - Got throttled by the Vikings. Only chance for a conference W is going to be hosting UNC and they gave ISU a fight, so I don't see them winning at this point.

1-3 Cream is rising to the top
4-5 One of these will be in the playoffs
6-7 Playoffs looking unlikely, but could still affect the playoff hunt by ruining someone's day
8-9 I dunno WTF. Mediocre? Bad? Can they put it together before it's too late?
10-12 Still dumpster fires.

I agree with your rankings. I'm not going to lie, after the Griz debacle Saturday night, I was about ready to jump off a cliff, but I can't help but hope they right the ship. Send prayers :-)

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 12:52 PM
I agree with your rankings. I'm not going to lie, after the Griz debacle Saturday night, I was about ready to jump off a cliff, but I can't help but hope they right the ship. Send prayers :-)

Honestly, I hope they use it as motivation to right the ship against the Bungles. If they can figure **** out over the next 2 weeks, a road win at Davis, who likely won't have Larison, isn't out of the question. Idaho is probably going to be bad tho.

I don't necessarily want the Griz to be GOOD, but with all the in-state kids, I don't want them to look like they did Saturday either. Debacle is an apt description. I won't send tots and pears for them to improve, just can't do it, but I will send you tots and pears that you find solace and back away from the cliff! :D

Question for the Griz faithful - is Booby's seat getting hot? Any grumblings from boosters/alum? 2018 wasn't really HIS team, 2019 and 2021 were respectable campaigns. If we're honest, they probably shouldn't have made the playoffs last year, but that's a debate for a different time. 2023 is looking like they could finish 5-6 if PSU beats them. On top of that, it's looking likely that he'll be 1-4 in the Brawl in his 2nd stint as HC, with two 34 pt blowouts (2019 and 2022) and a strong possibility this year also unless there's drastic changes for one or both teams before then. I'm just looking to hear from some fans/insiders as to his job security.

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2023, 12:59 PM
Honestly, I hope they use it as motivation to right the ship against the Bungles. If they can figure **** out over the next 2 weeks, a road win at Davis, who likely won't have Larison, isn't out of the question. Idaho is probably going to be bad tho.

I don't necessarily want the Griz to be GOOD, but with all the in-state kids, I don't want them to look like they did Saturday either. Debacle is an apt description. I won't send tots and pears for them to improve, just can't do it, but I will send you tots and pears that you find solace and back away from the cliff! :D
I am in just the worst situation where I always want us to win every game we play, but also am completely over this coaching staff and have zero faith in them going forward, so the more we win, the more likely it is that Bobby and co. stick around next year, and the more likely we just keep spinning our wheels without ever truly getting better.

I'm sure you're loving all of this, though.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 01:04 PM
I am in just the worst situation where I always want us to win every game we play, but also am completely over this coaching staff and have zero faith in them going forward, so the more we win, the more likely it is that Bobby and co. stick around next year, and the more likely we just keep spinning our wheels without ever truly getting better.

I'm sure you're loving all of this, though.

Ironically, I just edited my post to ask how hot Bobby's seat is getting. If I'm completely honest, I want the Griz to go 5-6 or 6-5 every year, with an ass kicking in the Brawl. I have no real interest in the Griz being 0-11, due to the local kids on the team. I don't want them to make the playoffs or have any modicum of REAL success, but being a dumpster fire doesn't do anything for me. Maybe I need more hate for lil brother. :D

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2023, 01:15 PM
Ironically, I just edited my post to ask how hot Bobby's seat is getting. If I'm completely honest, I want the Griz to go 5-6 or 6-5 every year, with an ass kicking in the Brawl. I have no real interest in the Griz being 0-11, due to the local kids on the team. I don't want them to make the playoffs or have any modicum of REAL success, but being a dumpster fire doesn't do anything for me. Maybe I need more hate for lil brother. :D
I have no idea how hot Hauck's seat got this last weekend. From my and most fan's perspectives, the worst he would need to do in order to justify even a 1-year extension would be 7-4 where we beat you guys, or 8-3 or better if we don't. I don't see either of those things happening, so from view, his seat should be extremely hot.

The problem is that I don't know if Haslam has the balls to fire him unless we have a losing season, and even then I could see him give him a 1-year extension because of booster support, the fact that he's our winningest head coach, and it would look real bad for an AD to hire and fire two successive coaches he hand picked.

I don't know why you complicate your fandom. I hope you go 0-11 every year, and I don't lose any sleep over it. xlolx

JALMOND
September 26th, 2023, 01:43 PM
I have no idea how hot Hauck's seat got this last weekend. From my and most fan's perspectives, the worst he would need to do in order to justify even a 1-year extension would be 7-4 where we beat you guys, or 8-3 or better if we don't. I don't see either of those things happening, so from view, his seat should be extremely hot.

The problem is that I don't know if Haslam has the balls to fire him unless we have a losing season, and even then I could see him give him a 1-year extension because of booster support, the fact that he's our winningest head coach, and it would look real bad for an AD to hire and fire two successive coaches he hand picked.

I don't know why you complicate your fandom. I hope you go 0-11 every year, and I don't lose any sleep over it. xlolx

If the Griz want to trade coaches with Portland State, even for a year, I'm all for it. xthumbsupx

xlolx

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 02:03 PM

Booster support definitely outweighs fan support so if they're happy with the product on the field, he'll keep his job. I think 3-5 in conference, 6-5 with the cupcake OOC added is fairly likely and 2-6/5-6 being a real possibility if PSU defends their house. From what I've seen, 8-3 is slim to none and Slim is leaving town. From what we've seen thus far, @Idaho, vs Sac St and vs MSU are very likely losses. 2 weeks to turn it around to beat Davis on the road may be a tall order, but the RB status could come into play for Davis. Need to see more from PSU to know what they have, since their competition has either been really tough or terrible, but they hung with what appears to be a decent Wyo team and destroyed the terrible teams so I may give them the edge at home currently. Best case scenario, IMO with current knowledge, is 4-4/7-4 - wins over ISU, Davis, NoCo, and PSU, which would burn Booby's ass according to your perspective. Lots of season left tho. Time to see what the kids are made of. Will they wilt under adversity or rise from the ashes?

FWIW, I didn't say I lose sleep over you guys sucking. I just ain't wishing it on them. Don't get me wrong, my schadenfreude was thru the roof Saturday. xnodxxlolx

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2023, 02:13 PM
Booster support definitely outweighs fan support so if they're happy with the product on the field, he'll keep his job. I think 3-5 in conference, 6-5 with the cupcake OOC added is fairly likely and 2-6/5-6 being a real possibility if PSU defends their house. From what I've seen, 8-3 is slim to none and Slim is leaving town. From what we've seen thus far, @Idaho, vs Sac St and vs MSU are very likely losses. 2 weeks to turn it around to beat Davis on the road may be a tall order, but the RB status could come into play for Davis. Need to see more from PSU to know what they have, since their competition has either been really tough or terrible, but they hung with what appears to be a decent Wyo team and destroyed the terrible teams so I may give them the edge at home currently. Best case scenario, IMO with current knowledge, is 4-4/7-4 - wins over ISU, Davis, NoCo, and PSU, which would burn Booby's ass according to your perspective. Lots of season left tho. Time to see what the kids are made of. Will they wilt under adversity or rise from the ashes?

FWIW, I didn't say I lose sleep over you guys sucking. I just ain't wishing it on them. Don't get me wrong, my schadenfreude was thru the roof Saturday. xnodxxlolx
There's also a growing rumor among the fanbase that he's planning on retiring this offseason, which would explain the whole "Haslam sent him an extension, but he didn't sign it" stuff, and maybe why everything feels so off. The thought of him retiring, but we keep the same coaching staff after promoting from within also makes me wanna hurl.

Lots of season left, as you state, but it's already looking grim. I think we'll have more troubles with ISU's passing offense than we did with NAU's. Lord help us if we lose that game.:pumpuke:

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2023, 02:16 PM
If the Griz want to trade coaches with Portland State, even for a year, I'm all for it. xthumbsupx

xlolx
I think a large (dumb) part of our fanbase would riot if Robby Hauck was our safeties coach. xlolx

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 02:25 PM
I think a large (dumb) part of our fanbase would riot if Robby Hauck was our safeties coach. xlolx

You make Robbie safeties coach, he's gonna be credited with a lot of tackles on the box score.... xsmiley_wix

uofmman1122
September 26th, 2023, 02:31 PM
You make Robbie safeties coach, he's gonna be credited with a lot of tackles on the box score.... xsmiley_wix
Small unrelated rant here, but fans from any team that are mad about Robby getting inflated tackles, but don't say a word about Dante Olson's numbers are not to be trusted with football takes. lol

In fact, ALL of our defensive players for years (even before Bobby came back) have been getting inflated assisted tackle numbers, but somehow Robby is the only one people **** on. End rant.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Small unrelated rant here, but fans from any team that are mad about Robby getting inflated tackles, but don't say a word about Dante Olson's numbers are not to be trusted with football takes. lol

In fact, ALL of our defensive players for years (even before Bobby came back) have been getting inflated assisted tackle numbers, but somehow Robby is the only one people **** on. End rant.

Fair enough. Let's strike all their stats from the records, just to be sure. xrulesx

JALMOND
September 26th, 2023, 03:15 PM

If Robby can teach our guys how to tackle, I am all for that, too. xthumbsupx

Catbooster
September 26th, 2023, 03:16 PM

I had similar thoughts about their W/L record for the rest of the season, but the Olinemen in this clip don't look too inclined to come back and hit it hard:

https://twitter.com/PaulDMorton/status/1706449578533527910

I hope they do get motivation from this loss for the sake of their teammates.

MSUBobcat
September 26th, 2023, 03:41 PM
I had similar thoughts about their W/L record for the rest of the season, but the Olinemen in this clip don't look too inclined to come back and hit it hard:

https://twitter.com/PaulDMorton/status/1706449578533527910

I hope they do get motivation from this loss for the sake of their teammates.

That's insane. The QB must have slept with the OL's GF's, sisters AND their moms. Possibly their dads too. Reminds me of when a catcher won't even try to catch a pitch and just lets it drill the ump in the face.

THE DANIMAL
September 27th, 2023, 02:34 PM

Question for the Griz faithful - is Booby's seat getting hot? Any grumblings from boosters/alum? 2018 wasn't really HIS team, 2019 and 2021 were respectable campaigns. If we're honest, they probably shouldn't have made the playoffs last year, but that's a debate for a different time. 2023 is looking like they could finish 5-6 if PSU beats them. On top of that, it's looking likely that he'll be 1-4 in the Brawl in his 2nd stint as HC, with two 34 pt blowouts (2019 and 2022) and a strong possibility this year also unless there's drastic changes for one or both teams before then. I'm just looking to hear from some fans/insiders as to his job security.

I am a life-long diehard Griz fan and now that I have stepped away from the ledge, I still have a glimmer of hope that the team can turn it around. Maybe....just maybe, that was what the team needed to give them a spark (sadly, I highly doubt it. The offense looks inept and I'm not sure how our Oline can get worse when you return all 5 starters).

As for Hauck and the hot seat, I have lost all faith in him, the oline coach and the rest of the offensive staff. FIRE THEM ALL!! As for the defensive coaches. I'm not ready to burn them at the stake yet. Just my two cents.

MSUBobcat
September 27th, 2023, 03:06 PM
There's also a growing rumor among the fanbase that he's planning on retiring this offseason, which would explain the whole "Haslam sent him an extension, but he didn't sign it" stuff, and maybe why everything feels so off. The thought of him retiring, but we keep the same coaching staff after promoting from within also makes me wanna hurl.

Lots of season left, as you state, but it's already looking grim. I think we'll have more troubles with ISU's passing offense than we did with NAU's. Lord help us if we lose that game.:pumpuke:

Somehow I missed this post. There's no way you lose to ISU at HOME.... is there? Nah....

We would have to demote you to the RMAC if you did though. You can be promoted back to the Big Sky after winning 2 consecutive RMAC conference championships. We already have enough door mats. Griz don't get to be one and stick around.

uofmman1122
September 27th, 2023, 04:36 PM
Somehow I missed this post. There's no way you lose to ISU at HOME.... is there? Nah....

We would have to demote you to the RMAC if you did though. You can be promoted back to the Big Sky after winning 2 consecutive RMAC conference championships. We already have enough door mats. Griz don't get to be one and stick around.
Hey, I didn't think there was any chance in hell we'd lose to NAU, soooooooo...

I think ISU's offense is better than NAU's, particularly their passing game, so that could give us some trouble if we cannot execute a fundamental college defense, like last weekend.

And until I see the offense actually perform, I will not predict we can score more than 20 points against conference foes who now have a lot of tape on how to stop us.

We should still win, though. lol

JALMOND
September 27th, 2023, 04:58 PM

I think ISU's offense is better than NAU's, particularly their passing game, so that could give us some trouble if we cannot execute a fundamental college defense, like last weekend.

And until I see the offense actually perform, I will not predict we can score more than 20 points against conference foes who now have a lot of tape on how to stop us.

I was one of the few who took Utah Tech over the Griz in week 2 (and got roasted afterward for it). I would think Utah Tech is better than the Bengals. I woudn't bet against the Griz on that one.

MSUBobcat
September 27th, 2023, 05:15 PM

ISU's offense may be better than NAU, but IMO the clear difference is playing in Walkup, which somehow gives better teams fits, versus playing at home in WGS. Idaho State isn't bringing that team to Missoula and going home with a win, even against the uninspired Griz of 2023. I believe this is where I say... #BookIt. xsmiley_wix

SeattleCat
September 27th, 2023, 05:21 PM

if the Bungles beat the griz, Bobby's house will be burned down. There are some super upset griz fans in Missoula.

uofmman1122
September 27th, 2023, 05:57 PM
I was one of the few who took Utah Tech over the Griz in week 2 (and got roasted afterward for it). I would think Utah Tech is better than the Bengals. I woudn't bet against the Griz on that one.
Utah Tech was better than NAU, too lol

Catbooster
September 27th, 2023, 07:12 PM
ISU's offense may be better than NAU, but IMO the clear difference is playing in Walkup, which somehow gives better teams fits, versus playing at home in WGS. Idaho State isn't bringing that team to Missoula and going home with a win, even against the uninspired Griz of 2023. I believe this is where I say... #BookIt. xsmiley_wix
Yep - big difference between playing at Walkup and home at Washington Grizzly. I expect the Griz to use that loss as motivation to pick up their level of play this weekend. If not, it could be a long season for the Griz faithful.