PDA

View Full Version : If Boston Trades Jacoby Ellsbury...

UNHWildCats
December 2nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Should they try to upgrade center field and still trade Coco Crisp?

Cleets
December 2nd, 2007, 03:50 PM
I can't even talk about it I'm so (almost already) pissed... xlolx

Col Hogan
December 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Kill Theo...then upgrade some how...xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Peems
December 2nd, 2007, 04:10 PM
I don't understand why you should be so upset. Let's say you get Santana. Santana is better than Ellsbury then if you get Jones you are already better off. Sure he is a rising young talent, but if the scenario above plays out, the rest of the league should just quit and give Boston the title for the next 4 years...

minuteman65
December 2nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
DON'T TRADE JACOBY!

UNHWildCats
December 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
I don't understand why you should be so upset. Let's say you get Santana. Santana is better than Ellsbury then if you get Jones you are already better off. Sure he is a rising young talent, but if the scenario above plays out, the rest of the league should just quit and give Boston the title for the next 4 years...
the kid scored easily from SECOND on a wild pitch

Reed Rothchild
December 2nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Ellsbury has had as very little to do with 2 recent titles. Pitching, Ortiz, pitching, ManRam, Pitching, Lowell, and PITCHING are what have gotten Boston over the hump.

Cleets
December 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
Yuke - Pedroia - Ellbury... the future...(all from the farm) xnodx

UMass922
December 2nd, 2007, 08:29 PM
I could live with an Ellsbury-for-Santana trade, since the Sox and Twins are my two favorite teams--though ideally I'd prefer that each stays where he currently is. But as long as Santana doesn't end up on the Yankees and Ellsbury doesn't end up with someone other than the Twins or Sox, I'll breathe a sigh of relief.

As for what the Sox should do if they trade Ellsbury, I'm fine with just keeping Coco to play center.

minuteman65
December 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
I'd be more than happy with a Beckett-Matsuzaka-Schilling-Wakefield-Lester-Buchholz rotation next year and Beckett-Matsuzaka-Buchholz-Lester-??? in the future. Keep Jacoby!

blur2005
December 2nd, 2007, 08:35 PM
Whatever you do, do not sign Andruw Jones. As a Braves fan, I can tell you there is no desirable reason to come even close to his contractual demands.

UNCBears2010
December 2nd, 2007, 08:52 PM
If Ellsbury is traded, then Theo deserves a raise!xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

UMass922
December 2nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
I'd be more than happy with a Beckett-Matsuzaka-Schilling-Wakefield-Lester-Buchholz rotation next year and Beckett-Matsuzaka-Buchholz-Lester-??? in the future.

I don't know. You can never have too much starting pitching, IMHO. Any starting rotation that looks good on paper before the season starts is always just an injury or two away from being a complete mess. Schilling and Wakefield are past their primes (and Schilling especially is injury-prone), I'm still not sold on Dice-K, and we just don't know how quickly the young guys are going to come along. So let's not assume that the Sox' rotation is going to be fine with or without Santana.

I do completely understand the desire to keep Ellsbury and will be perfectly happy if the Sox keep him. But also keep in mind that one of the reasons, among many, to get Santana is to keep the Yankees from getting him. That should absolutely factor into the Red Sox' thinking.

UNHWildCats
December 2nd, 2007, 09:03 PM
Apparently Boston maybe trying to get Minn to include Joe Nathan in the trade..... Nevermind the rotation, that would be a devastating back end of the bullpen. (You know, the type Gagne was suppose to make it....lol)

UNHWildCats
December 2nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
I don't know. You can never have too much starting pitching, IMHO. Any starting rotation that looks good on paper before the season starts is always just an injury or two away from being a complete mess. Schilling and Wakefield are past their primes (and Schilling especially is injury-prone), I'm still not sold on Dice-K, and we just don't know how quickly the young guys are going to come along. So let's not assume that the Sox' rotation is going to be fine with or without Santana.

I do completely understand the desire to keep Ellsbury and will be perfectly happy if the Sox keep him. But also keep in mind that one of the reasons, among many, to get Santana is to keep the Yankees from getting him. That should absolutely factor into the Red Sox' thinking.
I think either team will be just as well of with Dan Haren, and he can probably be had for the Lester, Lowrie, Bowden, and another prospect deal (Doubt Oakland wants Crisp, though they might, he is a bargain and I think they need an OF)