PDA

View Full Version : What market has the best coverage of FCS football?

penguinpower
September 20th, 2023, 10:40 AM
I'm going to go out and say that NDSU has the best coverage with their Bison Media Zone. I haven't found another entity that has that kind of coverage. It used to be free but appears they are charging for access now. But they cover not only NDSU but the MVFC and others in the top 25.

Who else has such great coverage?

Mocs123
September 20th, 2023, 11:12 AM
I imagine the best is probably NDSU with a gazillion national championships or one of the other schools that are the primary football players in their state like North Dakota/NDSU, South Dakota/SDSU, Montana/Montana State, but Chattanooga gets decent coverage for FCS and has an excellent beat writer.

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2023, 11:56 AM
The answer is NDSU by a mile. Bison football has been broadcasted over Notre Dame football locally......the spring game was aired over the Ryder Cup. xlolx

DFW HOYA
September 20th, 2023, 12:39 PM
One of these markets is the Lehigh Valley, with Lehigh games on Channel 2, Lafayette on Channel 69, and the in-house Lafayette Sports Network, which is still better than the ESPN+ broadcasts.

Sitting Bull
September 20th, 2023, 02:46 PM
Richmond is ok given the bigger focus on college vs pro sports and the trio of Richmond, W&M and VMI. They often have a feature article on each once per week and full writer coverage for home games of the three.

dewey
September 20th, 2023, 06:08 PM
I'm going to go out and say that NDSU has the best coverage with their Bison Media Zone. I haven't found another entity that has that kind of coverage. It used to be free but appears they are charging for access now. But they cover not only NDSU but the MVFC and others in the top 25.

Who else has such great coverage?

The Bison Media Zone team is great. Like you said they obviously cover NDSU, the MVFC and the entire FCS top 25. Us NDSU fans are spoiled by such great coverage.

Dewey

NY Crusader 2010
September 20th, 2023, 06:42 PM
The Greater Bozeman media market has great coverage and a very knowlegable fan base.