PDA

View Full Version : To the EWU fans and everyone associated with the program.

ERASU2113
December 1st, 2007, 11:05 PM
You guys should be proud of the season the team has had.
They never gave up today and proved they deserved to be in the quarterfinals. Hate to see you guys having to end your season so early but the future looks bright for you program. Paul Wulff is a stand up guy and a great coach. Even though he lost he was still able to smile and crack a joke about today. You could tell he was disappointed, but still he seemed happy to see how hard his team today.

Not to mention the future looks bright for you guys. Nichols and Boyce still have two years remaining....The offense looks SCARY next year for you guys.

AZGrizFan
December 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM
between EWU's youth and UM's losses on both sides of the ball, it's almost a certainty that UM's run as conference champs ends in 2007. If UM is getting into the playoffs in 2008, it'll be as an at-large. xcoolx

KiddBrewer
December 1st, 2007, 11:50 PM
it was a pleasure meeting a few of you guys today, notably EdubAlum. yall are stand up people for coming this far for the game. good luck to your program, and hopefully we will see you guys again in the playoffs next year....im even willing to make a trip to EWU if i need to...ha your support has influenced me.

feb18blacksunday
December 2nd, 2007, 12:10 AM
Congrats on a great season. The team never gave up.All the fans I met were nice peeps as well.

Black and Gold Express
December 2nd, 2007, 12:17 AM
between EWU's youth and UM's losses on both sides of the ball, it's almost a certainty that UM's run as conference champs ends in 2007. If UM is getting into the playoffs in 2008, it'll be as an at-large. xcoolx

Outside of EWU's truly great special teams play, I didn't see much that leads me to think EWU would overtake Montana. I do not know how heavy your graduation losses are, but it seems to me Montana is a program that reloads, not rebuilds. You don't think that to be the case?

I have to say I was looking for a lot more from the EWU offense and defense than they showed today. Granted ASU's defense is much much better against the pass than the run, but 21 of EWU's points came directly from great special teams play for them. If not for their special teams, this game would have been a blowout.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2007, 12:36 AM

Before you know it 89 will be starting "The Big Sky is EWU and everyone else" threads. xcoolx

mvemjsunpx
December 2nd, 2007, 12:42 AM

Before you give up the ghost too quickly, remember that EWU loses 4 of their 5 starting O-linemen including likely NFL-draftee Matt Alfred.

AppGirl
December 2nd, 2007, 05:07 AM
Good game, EWU. I spoke to some fans before and after the game, and they all seemed like great folks. Good luck to you next year.

EdubAlum
December 2nd, 2007, 08:01 AM
i had fun guys, thanks for having me. never was a beer missing from my hands, and i only encountered 1 rude ASU fan compared to over 300 wonderful people. good luck the rest of the way.

phillyAPP
December 2nd, 2007, 06:24 PM
i had fun guys, thanks for having me. never was a beer missing from my hands, and i only encountered 1 rude ASU fan compared to over 300 wonderful people. good luck the rest of the way.

Hey Edub, you missed a mean game of 4square. there was diving beers all over !!!!! It was way to funny watching people diving, spilling, andd gettingback in line.

You and your friends were great to meet. If i get back to spokane or coude alane i'll call you guys. I hope you had a good time in boone and we are ALL sorry for the ONE idiot. Hope to see you next year.

eagle1
December 2nd, 2007, 06:48 PM
If Black and Gold Express can be honest then I will also be honest in my impression of the mighty mountaineers. I expected more out of a two-time defending champion xnodx . Take away Edwards and you guys are average at best on offense xsmiley_wix . Your secondary is good but is the only thing good about your defense :) . Must be nice to never have to travel west of the Mississippi for a playoff game xrulesx . I suddenly have become a huge Richmond fan. Go Spiders!!!! xlolx

ASUMountaineer
December 2nd, 2007, 06:52 PM
If Black and Gold Express can be honest then I will also be honest in my impression of the mighty mountaineers. I expected more out of a two-time defending champion xnodx . Take away Edwards and you guys are average at best on offense xsmiley_wix . Your secondary is good but is the only thing good about your defense :) . Must be nice to never have to travel west of the Mississippi for a playoff game xrulesx . I suddenly have become a huge Richmond fan. Go Spiders!!!! xlolx

Hate you weren't impressed with our offense. Sorry we haven't traveled west. Actually we have, it didn't work out too well for us. With that said, the vast majority of FCS teams are east of the Mississippi, so it makes it hard to always have to travel west. Nevertheless, I am not going to say I was unimpressed with EWU's passing attack. I am going to say, great game, hope you guys take the BSC next year. Hate you're pulling for the bugs.

AlphaSigMD
December 2nd, 2007, 06:53 PM

Hey, we came to Wa-Griz in 2000 and lost in OT in the national semi's.

TheKDL
December 2nd, 2007, 07:09 PM

Sounds like your just upset you came 3000 miles and lost. Take away Armanti? Ok, we'll just put in Elder who won us 6 games this year while Armanti was hurt. Oh, he also started the national championship in 2005 and lead us to a win against furman to get there. Take away Armanti and our passing game improves slightly, Elder can also run and pound through the LB's he's just not as fast. Yes, our D isn't as good as it was in the past i'll give you that but I wasn't impressed with your offense. If you hadn't have run back that kick the final is 38-28 and if we stopped you on that fake punt the final is 38-21 so our D only gave up 21 points if you look at it in detail.

I would like to say that I met 5 for so EWU fans and they were really nice people and just happy to be in that situation and win or lose they said it was a great experience and had a great time.

thmst30
December 2nd, 2007, 07:11 PM
Yea putting up 38 yesterday and over 30 in essentially every game this year. Our offense is SOOOO overrated.